你的广♥告♥率就能上升
your ad rates go up.
很快我们都不再寻找我们自己的新闻故事了
Pretty soon we won’t even run down our own stories
因为那成本太高
because it’s too expensive.
我们仅仅是…
We’ll just…
我们把这个部分外包出去
We’ll just pay someone else to do it,
而只负责在直播节目里把新闻故事念给观众听
then we’ll read them on the air for show.
这曾经是公众信任
It was a public trust once.
我发誓曾经是这样的
I swear to you it was.
你还好吧 丹?
How you doing, Dan?
我不打算做主播了
I’m stepping down as anchor.
什么时候?
When?
就职典礼之后
After inauguration.

Oh, Dan.
不是因为你的原因 玛丽
You didn’t cause this, Mary.
你是个该死的骗子 你知道吗?
Well, you’re a shitty liar, you know that?
你为什么不问问我?
Why didn’t you ask me?
因为其他所有人在麻烦降临时都在问我
Because God knows everybody else did when the shit hit the fan.
你为什么不问我?
Why didn’t you?
问你什么?
Ask you what?
你为什么不问我那些文件是不是真的?
Why didn’t you ask me if the documents were real?
因为我知道我不需要
Because I knew I didn’t need to.
回去之后 你要仰起头做人 你懂吗?
When you go back in there, you hold your head up, you understand?
我懂 丹
Yes, Dan.
好的 F.E.A.
Okay. F.E.A.
嗯 F.E.A.
F.E.A.
你做得很好
You’re doing great.
再有半个小时 就结束了
Another half hour, and you’re done.
那个F.E.A.是什么意思?
What does that mean?
日他们全家
Fuck ’em all.
很高兴我们在这一点上获得了解答
Well, I’m glad we have clarification on that.
– 好的 – 如果没有其他需要讨论的…
– Good. – Well, if there’s nothing else…
先生们 谢谢你们一天的工作
Thank you, gentlemen, for the day.
你们不打算问问我的政♥治♥信仰吗?
Aren’t you gonna ask me about my politics?
不好意思?
Excuse me?
你们问了其他人我的政♥治♥信仰是什么
You asked other people what I believe,
不打算问问我本人吗?
so aren’t you gonna ask me?
你在干什么?
What are you doing?
你不认为大多数与你一起工作的人
Well, wouldn’t you say most of the people you work with
都觉得你是个自♥由♥主义者吗?
consider you a liberal?
你问的是我现在是不是 还是我曾经是不是个自♥由♥主义者?
Do you mean, “Am I now or have I ever been a liberal?”
这是个合理的问题
It’s a legitimate question.
是吗?
Is it?
这是你提起的
Well, you brought it up.
不 这是你们提起的 你们问了我所有的同事
No, you did, when you asked all of my co-workers.
那我就告诉你们
So I’ll tell you.
我不信标签分类这一套
I don’t believe in labels.
我认为大多数人的思想都是混杂的…
I think most people have a mixture of views…
我们指的不是这个
That’s not what we’re talking about.
那你们指的是什么 拉里?
Then what are you talking about, Larry?
我们指的是你将自己的政♥治♥信仰带入了你的新闻报道中
We are talking about you bringing your politics into your reporting.
我从来没有做过这种事
I did nothing of the kind.
从来没有? 真的吗?
Nothing? Really?
巴恩斯告诉你是他将布♥什♥送进国民警卫队的时候
Is that why when Barnes told you he got Bush into the Guard
你不是毫不怀疑地相信了他的话吗?
you believed him without question?
比尔·伯克特
That when Bill Burkett,
一个公认的布♥什♥批评者 一个众所周知的骗子…
an outspoken Bush critic and admitted liar…
给你这些备忘录的时候
brought you memos,
你不是连查都没查就认定了它的真实性吗?
you assumed their authenticity and didn’t bother to source them?
当不止一个 而是你们四个文件检查师中的两个
That when not one but two of the four document examiners
表达了他们对备忘录真实性的怀疑后
expressed doubts the memos were real
你不是置之不理 反而匆忙将这个新闻推出直播了吗?
you pushed that aside and rushed this on air?
你不是还代表比尔·伯克特
Or why you personally contacted the John Kerry campaign
一个致力于丑♥化♥总统之人
on behalf of Bill Burkett, a man who has dedicated himself
私下联♥系♥约翰·克里竞选团队了吗?
to smearing the president?
告诉我 玛丽
Tell me, Mary.
你的政♥治♥信仰是怎么没有掺入这些事里的?
Where exactly does politics not enter into this?
还是你的职业水平就是这样差劲?
Or are you just that bad at your job?
你知道伪造这些备忘录需要怎样的能力吗?
Do you know what it would take to fake these memos?
– 玛丽… – 不 这很重要
– Mary… – No, this is important.
这需要伪造者对1971年空军手册中
It would require the forger to have an in-depth knowledge
包括规则 条例和术语缩写
of the 1971 Air Force manual, including rules
都有深入的了解
and regulations and abbreviations.
他必须要了解布♥什♥从头至尾的官方记录
He’d have to know Bush’s official record front to back
才能确保这些备忘录中没有一条与之相冲突
to make sure none of the memos coflicted with it.
他需要了解当时德州空军国民警卫队中所有的队员
He’d have to know all the players in the Texas Air National Guard
不仅仅是他们的名字 还要了解他们的态度 观点
at the time. Not just their names, but their attitudes, their opinions
包括他们每个人之间的关系
including how they related to one another.
他首先必须得知道基利恩上校
He’d have to know Colonel Killian kept personal memos like this
为自己写过这样的备忘录
for himself in the first place.
他必须要知道基利恩当时特别针对他上级的看法
He’d have to know how Killian felt at the time
还有对布♥什♥中尉的看法
particularly about his superiors and then First Lieutenant Bush.
他必须要知道 或者去了解到所有这些
He would have to know or learn all of this
才能达到你所想的愚弄我们的目的
in order to fool us as you assume he did.
现在…
Now…
你真的认为一个
do you really think that a man
能为此事花费如此多时间和精心的人
who takes this kind of time and precision
会粗心到用微软Word来打印这份东西吗?
then goes and types these up on Microsoft Word?
我们的新闻在于布♥什♥是否完成了他的服役任务
Our story was about whether Bush fulfilled his service.
没人愿意讨论这件事 他们想讨论字体
Nobody wants to talk about that. They wanna talk about fonts
伪造 还有阴谋论
and forgeries and conspiracy theories.
因为现在 如果人们不喜欢一个故事
Because that’s what people do these days
这就是他们会做的
if they don’t like a story.
他们指责咒骂
They point and scream.
他们质疑你的政♥治♥信仰 你的客观性
They question your politics, your objectivity.
还有该死
Hell…
你基本的人性
your basic humanity.
而后他们向上帝祈祷
And they hope to God
真♥相♥在如此混乱之中得以隐藏和消失
the truth gets lost in the scrum.
而当这一切都结束时…
And when it is finally over…
他们的打击和指责如此猛烈…
and they have kicked and shouted so loud…
以至于我们都无法记得这件事的初衷是什么
we can’t even remember what the point was.
但你没能证明自己的想法
But you didn’t prove it.
你没能证明是本巴恩斯将总统送入警卫队的
You didn’t prove Ben Barnes got the president into the Guard.
你没能证明备忘录的真实性
You didn’t prove the memos are real.
举证是你的责任
The burden of proof is on you.
按照这种标准
By that standard,
时代周刊永远也无法揭露五角大楼秘密文件
The Times would never have run the Pentagon Papers.
华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥也不可能听取内部检举人的消息…
The Post wouldn’t have listened to Deep Throat…
本·巴恩斯可不算什么内部检举人
Ben Barnes is hardly Deep Throat.
本巴恩斯承认滥用他的权利
He’s confessed to abusing his power
来确保一些最有钱的 有特权的德州人的儿子们
to keep some of the richest, privileged sons of Texas
不被送往越南战场去送命
from getting their asses blown off in Vietnam.
梅普斯女士
Ms. Mapes.
你不认为这有可能 仅仅是有可能…
Don’t you think it’s possible, just possible…
那些年轻的优秀的…
that some of those fine, young…
被你称作享有特权的人…
privileged men, as you call them…
是凭他们自己的价值进入国民警卫队的吗?
got into the National Guard on their own merit?
不 先生 不 我不这样认为
No, sir. No, I do not.
你非要这么做不可 是吗?
You had to do it, didn’t you?
用大力水手的经典台词来说 “我就是我”
In the immortal words of Popeye, “I am what I am.”
我会说”做你真实的自己”…(莎士比亚)
Well. I would have gone with “To thine own self be true”…
但大力水手也行
but Popeye works.
他们会在几周内做出裁决
They’ll have their findings in a few weeks.
我得到消息就电♥话♥联♥系♥你
I’ll call you when I hear.
好的 谢谢
All right. Thanks.
玛丽
Hey, Mary.
我相信你
I believe you.
可我觉得他需要个头盔 你有头盔吗?
But I think he needs a helmet. Have you got a helmet?
– 一顶头盔? – 他需要一顶头盔
– Uh… A helmet? – He needs a helmet.
– 他都没有头 – 该死
– Oh, he hasn’t got a head. – Dang it.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!