我… 我很清楚这一点
And… And I knew that.
但… 但我们寻求的是事实
But… But we seek the truth.
我们就是干这行的
That’s what we do.
我们应该抛开自身情感 寻求事实…
You’re supposed to put yourself out, seek the truth…
并承担相应后果
and take what comes from it.
哥伦比亚广播公♥司♥晚间新闻
From the CBS Evening News
丹·拉瑟报道
Dan Rather reporting.
观众朋友们晚安
Good night.
完工
And we’re clear.
跟你说了我可以的
I told you I had it in me.
我这就给安德鲁打电♥话♥
I’m calling Andrew right now.
– F.E.A. – 真不是开玩笑的
– F.E.A. – No kidding.
– 你觉得呢? – 我觉得你做得棒极了
– What’d you think? – I think you parked it.
鲍比·霍奇斯打电♥话♥来了
Bobby Hodges is on the phone.
霍奇斯将军? 我是玛丽·梅普斯
General Hodges? This is Mary Mapes.
我把丹·拉瑟也接上了线
I’ve got Dan Rather on the line with me.
为什么华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥…
Why is The Washington Post…
说我是你们报道的杀手锏?
describing me as your trump card in this?
是你这么和他们说的吗 丹?
Did you tell them that, Dan?
我没有 先生
I did not, sir.
他们说 一个重要的哥伦比亚广播公♥司♥线人
It says a highly placed CBS source
说我是你们的杀手锏
referred to me as your trump card.
先生 那肯定不是我 也不是丹
Well, sir, that was not me and it was not Dan.
那就好 因为我不是杀手锏 我看了报道
Well, good, because I’m not. I’ve seen all the coverage.
我得说我觉得这些备忘录是假的
And I have to say I think these memos are fake.
您… 什么?
You… Excuse me?
我不相信杰里·基利恩写了那些备忘录
I do not believe Jerry Killian wrote those memos.
先生 我们在…
Sir, when we spoke on…
九月六号♥通话的时候…
September 6th…
抱歉 我刚才在翻我的笔记
I’m sorry, I’m just going through my notes.
我们通话的时候
When we spoke,
您说那些备忘录的内容很熟悉
you said the content of the memos was familiar to you.
– 对吗? – 是的
– Is that correct? – Yes.
而且它们符合基利恩上校当时的想法
And that they reflected Colonel Killian’s mind-set at the time.
确实
And they do.
但我当时并没有亲眼看到备忘录
But I hadn’t physically seen them.
那您亲眼见到这些备忘录后
So, what physically about the memos
觉得哪里让您怀疑它们的真实性呢?
makes you now doubt their authenticity?
杰里的家人说他没写
Jerry’s family says he didn’t write them.
将军 我们的报道的主体是
General, the thrust of our story
总统当年在警卫队时…
was about what happened…
发生了什么
with the president’s Guard service.
如果像您所说
Now, if as you say,
基利恩上校当时真的这样觉得…
Colonel Killian really did feel this way…
备忘录里描述的事情也是真的…
and the things described in the memos are true…
我们会很乐意跟您谈谈的
we’d like to talk to you about that.
我只是跟你说 我现在觉得那些备忘录是假的
I’m just telling you I now believe the memos are forgeries.
别管备忘录了 先生
Forget the memos, sir.
我们对于布♥什♥总统的描述是准确的吗?
Is what we presented about President Bush accurate?
– 我不想掺和 – 让他出镜
– I don’t wanna get in the middle of this. – Get him to go on camera.
如果我在镜头前采访您 您愿意吗?
Would you be willing if I came to see you to talk to me on camera?
不愿意 丹 抱歉了
No, Dan, I’m sorry.
大选之后再说吧
Maybe after the election.
将军 如果您…
General, if you…
听着 基利恩家人说备忘录是假的
Look, the family says they’re fake.
我也会说是假的 懂吗? 抱歉
And I’m supporting the family, okay? I’m sorry.
该死!
Shit!
好吧 我们怎么处理霍奇斯反悔这事?
All right, what are we doing about Hodges recanting?
我们要说我们尊重霍奇斯将军…
We say we respect General Hodges…
并且在首次通话时相信了他
and believed him the first time we spoke with him.
美国广播公♥司♥找到了我们的两个审查人员
Uh, ABC is reaching out to two of our examiners.
艾米丽·威尔和琳达·杰姆斯
Emily Will and Linda James.
他们说从没正式证实过备忘录的真实性
They say they never authenticated the memos.
他们当然会这么说
Of course they didn’t.
– 为什么? – 他们…
– Why? – They…
他们… 他们做不到
They… They couldn’t.
因为备忘录是复印件
Well, because they’re copies.
没有当初的墨迹和纸张来检测
There’s no original ink or paper to, you know, test.
没人可以百分之百的确定 备忘录是真还是假
No one can say with 100 percent certainty they’re real or forgeries.
因为这个他们才能攻击我们
That’s why they can attack us.
但在网上 他们确定…
Except on the Internet, they are certain…
那都是一群妄想成为鉴定员的废物
Those are lousy wannabe analysts.
我们的鉴定员也不怎么样
We get lousy analysts of our own.
我们的故事主题是
Our story was about
布♥什♥是不是走后门进的警卫队
whether Bush’s connections got him into the Guard
失职的时候有没有人帮他开脱
and covered for him when he missed commitments.
我们得到的消息能证实这点
Research we found backs that up.
那些文件只是一小部分 不是重点啊
The documents, they were a small part. They were not the point of the story.
重点是什么根本不重要 我们必须…
It doesn’t matter what the point of the story was. We have to…
– 不能让他们这样 – 不能怎样?
– They do not get to do this. – Do what?
不能让他们问一个傻♥逼♥问题就把我们击垮
They do not get to smack us just for asking a fucking question.
周一早上…
Monday morning…
我要分♥析♥员们站在我们这边
I want analysts backing us up.
行动吧
Let’s go.
别忘了吃饭 丹
哥伦比亚电视台 布♥什♥ 警卫队
就是这个贱♥人♥
天啊 她看起来就像是个邪恶的激进疯子
她简直是丑爆了
是的 她看着就像社♥会♥主♥义♥者
我觉得她是个女同 有许多人都是被迫变成女同的 因为男人见到她们就跑
我在脑补肖恩·汉尼迪磨刀霍霍等着宰了这个女巫的样子
福克斯电视台脱口秀主持人
这个女巫
你什么时候回来的?
When did you get in?
我担心机场会有媒体
I was worried there might be cameras at the airport.
不想让罗比看见
Didn’t want Robbie to see that.
天啊 你在这里做什么呢?
God, what are you doing in here?
– 工作 – 为什么不歇一会儿呢?
– Working. – Why don’t you take a break?
我去穿上衣服 我们去散会儿步
I’ll go get dressed, we can take a walk.
散个屁 我想坐在这儿工作 行吗?
No, I don’t need to take a fucking walk. I wanna sit here and do this, okay?
这… 好吧
This… Okay.
抱歉
I’m sorry.
– 没关系 – 有关系
– It’s okay. – No, it’s not
不管我做什么 说什么我都会被打
It’s just… no matter what I say, no matter what I do, I’m gonna get hit.
这…
This…
这跟那时候不一样
This is not that.
我爸爸要打我的时候 我会想
When my dad would start in on me, I would think,
“我不会哭的
“I am not gonna cry.
我不会请求他停下的
I am not gonna ask him to stop.
我不会让他看到我痛苦而产生满足感的”
I’m not gonna give him the satisfaction of seeing how much it hurts.”
然后他就会打得更狠
And he would just go in harder.
然后我会想 “终有一天 我会反抗你的”
And I would think, “Someday, I am gonna fight you.”
然而我没有
And I never did.
现在
Now.
现在你必须反抗
You have to fight now.
正如你所说的那样
Everything that’s in those documents
文件中那些人声称在三十二年前…
that people are saying can’t be done…
不可能存在的东西 都是错的
as you said, 32 years ago, is just totally false.
不是真的
Not true.
就像我说的那样 均匀间距是存在的
Like I said, proportional spacing was available.
上脚标也是可以自定义的
Superscripts was available as a custom feature.
回到一开始
Go back to the beginning.
我觉得那很有用 你说呢 罗杰?
I think that’s useful, don’t you, Roger?
安德鲁发话了
Word’s come down from Andrew.
他们想见你的线人
They wanna talk to your source.
我的线人要是不想见他们呢?
Well, what if my source doesn’t wanna talk to them?
那你就得说服他了
Then you’ll convince him.
你很会说服别人 不是吗 玛丽?
You’re good at convincing people to do things, aren’t you, Mary?
我只是想让你知道
I just want you to know
你在整个过程中给予我们的支持
how important your support has been
是多么的重要
throughout this entire process.
去给你那该死的线人打电♥话♥ 玛丽
Call your fucking source, Mary.
现在…
Now…
才是坏事了
it’s bad.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!