帮我开个单间
I’d like a single for tonight, please.
你开玩笑呢吧!
You kidding!
我像吗?
l am?
现在是滑雪季,我们只能为你预定下个月的了
We’ll book for you next month, ski season.
你看,我要求不高, 哪怕只有贮藏室都可以……
Look, l’m not particularly…the closet do.
不好意思,现在连贮藏室都是要预定的
Closet is already a spoken form, sorry
到明年你又该说全镇的酒店都订满了
Next year you’re going to tell me in this way all over town.
真是到处都满了
Not even any for all space,
看看那边地上那些人,人家可是预定过的呢
those people have reservations.
真棒!
Wonderful!
马♥克♥思♥,你在这儿干嘛?
Max, what are you doing here?
亲爱的,你该感到庆幸
Count your blessings, darlingl
是有人想见你了
Somebody likes to see you.
你跟踪我?
Are you following me?
当然没!我可是在购物
No! l’m shopping!
我的衣服都被偷了,你还记得吗?
AlI my clothes were stolen, remember?
你连钱包都丢了,拿什么付钱?
So was your purse, how you’re gonna pay for anything?
麦克林神父是个好人,他借了点钱给我
Father McLean was kind enough to Iend me some money,
我需要一条新裙子留在今晚穿
I need a new dress for tonight.
哦?为什么?
Really? Why?
打起精神来,你先照看一下马♥克♥思♥
Be alive and take Max with you,
我得去那边店里买♥♥东西了
l’m gonna be in one of those shops over there.
嘿!
Hey!
马♥克♥思♥!
Maxl
是你吗?
ls that you?
你怎么样
How are you feeling?
(屁♥股♥)还夹那么紧?
Still tensely?
肯定还在便秘
And constipated, no doubt.
不好意思,我认识你吗?
Excuse me, am I supposed to know you?
应该不认识吧,但是我挺熟悉你的“小朋友”的
I don’t believe so, but I am quite to do with your friend here.
这是马♥克♥思♥,对吗?
This is Max, isn’t it?
是的
Yes.
我是马尔科医生,简单来说……
I’m Dr. De Marco, I was…briefly…
我是这个小动物的医生
this animal’s physician.
他还是情绪低落啊
Still depressed.
我们不指望这些小动物们被遗弃以后
No one expects that where the stray,
还能对人类抱有信任感
since of abandonment, with an adequacy,
但是我们不能放弃关爱它们, 对吗?
but we mustn’t be discouraged, must we?
只要有好的手段,问题总会引刃而解的
With a proper sort of therapy, these problems can be resloved.
我必须得提醒你,凯呃。
I must warn you, Mr. uh…
凯尼恩, 哈瑞·凯尼恩
Kenyon, Harry Kenyon.
凯尼恩先生,我必须得提醒你,马♥克♥思♥很可能出现严重的精神抑郁
I must warn you, Mr. Keynon that severe regression is a possibility
这还会导致食欲丧失和不可控的异常反应
and can lead to loss of appetite and uncontrollable regulating.
所以我很惊讶她居然没有带他来复诊
That’s why I’m surprised that she didn’t bring him back for another visit.
她?
She?
你的妻子,我告诉过她马♥克♥思♥还需要额外的心理疏导
Your wife, I told her that Max need additional counselling.
等等,你说你是名兽医
Wait a minute, you’re saying my wife brought Max to see you
而且我妻子曾经带着马♥克♥思♥去你那儿看过病?
and you’re some sort of veterinarian?
很明显, 我可不止是一名兽医那么简单
I’m considerably more than that,
所以我对马♥克♥思♥采用的是整体医学治疗法,既顾及动物的整体健康状况
so I practice holistic medicine, the entire animal with an emphasis
又对它的心理和精神健康有所侧重
on its mind and emotional life.
如果你们在逃避其他什么问题的话,那带它去别的诊所看看吧
lf flees other problem, look elsewhere.
我只想知道一点: 你说你见过我妻子
I just wanna get this straight: You saw my wife!
当然!难道你的狗会自己走过来吗?
Of coursel Your dog didn’t come in by himselfl
什么时候?
When was this?
上周,怎么了?
Last week, why?
她居然没有告诉我这件事
She didn’t say anything about it to mel
其实这个很好理解:妻子们总是觉得自己担心宠物的行为很愚蠢
Well, that’s quite understandable: Wives often feel foolish when they’re worried about their pets,
而丈夫们很少在这一点上缺少同情心难以与妻子产生共鸣
and husbands are rarely sympathetic.
我们来这儿的第一天她带着马♥克♥思♥去购物了
She went to shopping the first day when we were here and took Max with her,
也许她就是在那天见的你
that could’ve been the day she saw you.
凯尼恩先生,请你相信
Please be assure Mr. Keynon
你的妻子关心马♥克♥思♥是出于她的天性
that your wife had genuine calls for concern,
在我看来马♥克♥思♥当时都抑郁到快自杀了!
Max was deeply despond that I almost say suicidal!
天知道它在拉斯维加斯被你们收养之前
Who knows what indignity he suffered
发生了什么可怕的事情
before he wanted in your Iives in Las Vegas.
拉斯维加斯?
Las Vegas?
没错!
Yes!
那一定是克里斯,她提过维加斯!
Well it must’ve been Chris, she mentioned Vegas!
对的!
Yes!
呃,我现在得走了
Well, I must be going now.
很高兴见到你,马♥克♥思♥!你要多保重!
Nice to see you, Max! Take carel
呃。医生!
Uh…Doctorl
马尔科医生!
Dr. De Marco!
你说得对,马♥克♥思♥需要帮助
You were right, Max needs help.
我就说嘛!
That’s what I was saying!
哦,我是说现在就需要你的帮助
Oh, I mean your immediate help.
你能现在就给他诊治一下吗?
Can you give him a treatment now?
现在?!
Now? l
还要等什么呢?
Why wait?
我们也不赶时间,不是吗?
We wouldn’t do something in a rash, would we?
不!这可不行!
No! Of course not, no!
不差钱,你觉得呢?
Money is no object, what do you say?
那我有一小时空余时间
Ido have a spare hourl
太棒了!我迟会儿来带他走,你的办公室在哪儿呢?
Great! Ill pick him up later, where is your office?
我家就是办公室!
ln my home!
很好,你有名片吗?
Good, do you have a card?
噢,有的……
Ah, yes…
马♥克♥思♥!记得听医生的话,他见多识广
You Iisten to the doctor, Max! He knows what’s best.
谢谢你,还有……
Thank you and…
如果我是你的话,就会检查一下它的睡眠状况,
‘ll look at his dreams if I were you,
马♥克♥思♥最近一到外面不是狂吠不止就是昏昏欲睡
he’s been growly and sleepy out lately.
真的吗?
Really?
是的
Hmm.
嗨!
Hi!
哦,嗨!
Oh, hi!
我能送你回家吗?
Can I give you a ride home?
当然可以!
Sure!
你买♥♥了什么?
What did you buy?
噢,只是套装……
Oh, just suit…
嗯……为了今晚准备的?
Hmm…for tonight?
就是为了今晚!
For tonightl
一定是个特别的场合?
Must be a special occasion?
嗯……到时候大家都会精心打扮一番的!
Hmm…they always speical!
我被邀请了吗?
Am I invited?
知道“好奇害死猫”吗?
Remember what they say about curiosity?
谢谢你!
Thank you very much!
马♥克♥思♥呢?
Where’s Max?
我带他去看兽医了
I took him to a vet.
看兽医?
To a vet? l
嗯哈
Hmm huh.
不是什么大问题, 他就是一直在打喷嚏……
Nothing serious, he was…sneezing…
我们回家路上顺道去接它
We’ll pick him up on the way home.
到了,快下来!
This is it. Come herel
不用了,我在这里等就是了
No, lll just wait here.
噢,我可能还得填一些单子之类的,还是一起吧来!
Oh, I might have to fill out some papers or something, won’t you come on!
这人有资质治疗打喷嚏么?
The loafer qualify to treat sneeze, isn’t he?
我认为这对马♥克♥思♥是最好的选择
I think it was the best for Max.
(Dr. De Marco – ANIMAL THERAPY 一 A Medical Corporation)
(马尔科医生 – 动物治疗 – 医药公♥司♥)
你难道不知道在踏进别人家门口之前要敲门的吗?
Don’t you usually knock before you go in people’s houses?
就想先看看医生是怎么工作的
Would watch the doctor at work.
最重要的事情是信任
The most important thing is trust.
是的,马♥克♥思♥,信任至关重要
Yes, Max, trust. lt’s essential.
我必须信任你,你必须也信任我,
I must trust you and you must trust me,
这才是世间真谛所在
and that’s all those into it.
你是个乖孩子
You are a good boy.
一个非常乖、非常乖的孩子
Agood, good boy.
而且
And you are loved…
你还拥有我
by me,
你的养父母
your circuit parents,