塔特!
Hey, Tate!
想来钓鱼吗?
Wanna come fishing?
我没有太多时间-“没有”不是一个真正的词。
I ain’t got too much time.
– “Ain’t” isn’t a real word.
嘿,我跟你说过多少次了,别在我的船上捣乱!
Hey, how many times I told you
not to mess in my goddamn boat?!
进屋去,你傻了吗!
Get in the house! Are you stupid?!
过来! 现在你做到了。
Come here! Now you’ve done it.
你得学会尊重,听到了吗?
You gotta learn respect. You hear me?
住手! 你弄疼她了!-嘿,放开我爸爸!
Stop it! You’re hurting her!
– Hey, you leave my pa alone!
回到我的地盘,我会开枪的,听到了吗!
Come back on my land,
I’ll shoot you! You hear me?!
冷静点-闭嘴!
Calm down now.
– Shut up!
闭嘴!
Shut up!
放开我!-我让你看看!
Leave me alone!
– I’ll show you!
求你别说了!
Please just stop!
妈!
Ma!
妈?
Ma?
妈妈再也没回来。
Ma never came back.
其他人也很快以同样的方式离开。
And everybody else was quick
to get out the same way.
墨菲是第一个离开的。
Murph was the first to leave.
几个月后 Mandy 和 Missy。
A few months later, Mandy and Missy.
最后,朱迪。
Then, finally, Jodie.
Kya.
Kya.
Kya,听着。
Kya, listen.
我得走了,Kya,我不能再住在这里了。
I have to go, Kya.
I can’t live here no longer.
Kya,你要小心,听到了吗?
Kya, you be careful, hear?
如果你有麻烦,
If you’re in trouble,
跑到沼泽深处,躲到小龙唱歌♥的地方。
run and hide deep in the marsh
way out where the crawdads sing.
就像妈妈常说的。
Like Ma always says.
快跑!
Run!
朱迪!
Jodie!
我从其他人的错误中学会了如何和他一起生活。
I learned from the mistakes
of the others how to live with him.
别挡道。
Just keep out of the way.
别让他看见你。
Don’t let him see you.
照顾好自己。
Fend for yourself.
我和朱迪去过很多次沼泽地,但从来没有一个人去过。
I had been out in the marsh plenty
of times with Jodie, but never alone.
我不知道哪边是家。
I didn’t know which way was home.
该死的,你把我留在这里,朱迪!
Damn you for leaving me here, Jodie!
去你的。
Damn you.
你没事吧?
You okay?
你是 Jodie Clark 的妹妹。
You’re Jodie Clark’s sister.
曾经是,他走了。
Used to be. He’s gone.
你知道回家的路吗?-知道。
You know your way home?
– Yeah.
没关系,我总是迷路。
It’s okay. I get lost all the time.
我叫塔特,以防你再见到我。
My name’s Tate, in case you see me again.
塔特。
Tate.
那个男孩身上有某种东西缓解了我胸口的紧张。
There was something about that boy
that eased the tightness in my chest.
妈妈和朱迪离开后第一次,
For the first time
since Ma and Jodie left,
除了受伤,我还有别的感觉。
I felt something other than hurt.
我觉得自己很勇敢。
I felt brave.
肚子好饿啊。
I’m hungry.
早上好,克拉克先生,你好吗?
Morning, Mr. Clark. How you doing?
跳啊,我醒来时发现自己在泥土的右边。
Well, Jumpin’,
I woke up on the right side of dirt.
这是我女儿 Kya Clark 小姐。
Oh, this is my daughter, Miss Kya Clark.
我很荣幸认识你,Kya 小姐。
Well, I’m mighty proud
to know you, Miss Kya.
哦,别介意,我告诉她,离所有人远点。
Oh, don’t mind her.
I tell her, uh, stay away from everybody.
这是个危险的世界,不是吗?-是的,但是钓鱼是好事。
It’s a dangerous world, isn’t it?
– It is. But the fishing’s good.
能给我一包燕麦吗?
Could I get a bag of grits?
再来点♥金♥边威士忌?
And some of that Jim Beam?
也许你可以帮我加满-没关系。
And maybe you fill her up for me?
– It’s okay.
梅宝-嗯哼。
Mabel.
– Mm-hm.
等我们找钱,听到了吗?
You wait for our change, you hear?
在你妈妈不在的时候帮助你♥爸♥爸,是吗?
Helping out your pa
while your ma’s gone, huh?
我有段时间没见到她了。
I ain’t seen her in a while.
她在家做家务-他。
She’s doing chores at home.
– Mm-him.
没什么线索。
Grits ain’t much to go on.
好吧,让我看看。
All right. Let’s see here.
你♥爸♥留了两块钱在这里。
Your pa left $2 here.
账单是1.5美元。
And the bill is $1.50.
还剩多少油钱?
How much does that leave for gas?
别担心。
Don’t worry about that.
我还有个问题。
I got another question for you.
你在上学吗,亲爱的?
You go to school, honey?
你知道他们在报纸上公布了学校的午餐菜单吗?
Do you know that they publish
the school lunch menu in the paper?
今天是..。
Today’s is…
索尔兹伯里牛排。
Salisbury steak.
你可以吃顿热腾腾的饭,交些朋友。
You could get a nice, hot meal,
make some friends.
很多孩子不♥穿♥鞋上学。
Plenty of kids go to school without shoes.
但你需要一条裙子。
But you will need a skirt.
问你妈妈要一个。
Ask your mama for one.
这就对了。
There you go.
零钱是50美分。
And the change is 50 cents.
孩子们!
Boys!
蔡斯 · 安德鲁斯,你有什么要说的吗?
Chase Andrews,
what you got to say for yourself?
抱歉,潘茜小姐。
Sorry, Miss Pansy.
我们没看到你,是因为那个女孩挡道了。
We didn’t see you
’cause that girl got in the way.
你好啊。
Hello there.
我觉得你转错方向了,小姑娘。
I think you’ve got yourself
turned around the wrong way, little lady.
学校不是在那边吗?
Isn’t school that way?
好脏-恶心。
So dirty.
– Gross.
你也有权去那里。
You have just as much of a right
to be there.
去吧,没事的。
Go along now. It’s all right.
凯瑟琳 · 丹妮尔 · 克拉克小姐,你已经开始读写了吗?
Miss Catherine Danielle Clark,
are you reading and writing already?
你会拼“狗”吗,亲爱的?
Can you spell “dog,” honey?
那是谁?
Who is that?
天哪。
G-O-D.
我们都需要练习,不是吗?
Well, we can all use practice, can’t we?
你可以坐下了 Catherine Danielle Clark 小姐。
You can go ahead and sit down,
Miss Catherine Danielle Clark.
你去哪了 Marsh?
Where you been, marsh hen?
你的帽子呢,臭小子?
Where’s your hat, swamp rat?
现在,孩子们,安静下来,还有一个小时就吃午饭了。
Now, boys and girls, settle down.
Just an hour until lunch.
请注意我们的课。
Please, try to pay attention
to our lesson.
谁能告诉我一个发长元音的单词?
Who can tell me a word
that has a long vowel sound?
她可能住在泥里-有人长虱子了。
She probably lives in the mud.
– Someone’s got cooties.
房♥间里那股臭味。
That stink in the room.
不好意思。
Excuse me.
那是我在学校的唯一一天。
That was the only day
I ever spent in school.
我觉得我还是向野外学习比较好。
Reckoned I was better off learning
from the wild.
嗨,塔特!
Hi, Tate!
嗯。
Mm-mm.
你要小心点,听到了吗?
Need you to be careful out here.
You hear me?
你不能相信任何人。
You can’t trust nobody.
你要保护好自己。
You protect yourself.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!