事实上 我只能汇报…
Naturally, I can only report on things
亲眼所见的事
that I’ve seen for myself.
供各位参考
Draw your own conclusions.
之后我会进行很多的试验
Lately I’ve been doing a lot of testing at night
但斯蒂勒博士一直不离开电脑
and Dr. Stiller has always been at the computer.
斯蒂勒博士?
Dr. Stiller?
有好几次他都把我赶出来
Several times he’s thrown me out
他说他想要独自一人
saying he wanted to be alone.
我问他在做什么 他说“与你无关”
I asked what he was doing. He said, “None of your business. ”
我相信他不会承认
I’m sure he’ll deny it all.
斯蒂勒博士?
Dr. Stiller?
对于这些你有什么想说
What do you have to say to these accusations?
哪些?
Which ones?
你霸占电脑 把霍尔姆赶出来
That you were alone at the computer, and threw Holm out.
如果他这样说 那就没错
If he says so, it must be true.
我受不了他
I can’t stand him.
是或不是
Yes or no…
你用电脑做过非法的事吗
Did you use the computer for unauthorized purposes?
如果我做的了呢?
What if I did?
会怎样?
What would it matter?
前所未闻
Unheard of!
是的 前所未闻
Yes, unheard of!
我听说…
I hear…

you.
我听说…
I hear.
他…
He’s…
疯了
Crazy.
是的
Yes, he is.
真的?
Is he?
够了! 你的烟…
Stop! Your cigarette…
你肯定那是烟?
Are you sure that’s a cigarette?
这是…
It’s…
烟的表象
The idea of a cigarette.
明白吗
You see?
真正的烟在其它地方
The real cigarettes are somewhere else.
好比真人坐在真的椅子上 那是椅子吗
Where real people sit on real chairs. Is that a chair?
说 “是椅子”
Say, “It’s a chair. ”
– 是椅子 – 不是椅子
– It’s a chair. – It’s not a chair.
这是…
It’s…
这只是意念的表象的表象
the idea of an idea of an idea…
– 这家伙… – 疯了
– The man is… – Crazy.
我们以前都认同的说法
We agreed on the term long ago.
你的咖啡是什么颜色的?
What colour’s your coffee?
棕色的
It’s brown.
为什么是棕色的?
Why is it brown?
因为咖啡是棕色的 不是吗
Because coffee’s brown. Isn’t it?
当然了
Of course.
你的咖啡不是棕色的 因为咖啡是棕色的
Your coffee’s not brown because coffee is brown.
但是…
But rather
因为在盒子的外面
because somewhere outside this box
有真正的咖啡 那可能是棕色的
there’s real coffee that may be brown.
但也可能是紫色的
But it may be purple, too
一些傻瓜把这东西弄成棕色的
and some idiot made this stuff brown
来嘲笑喝棕咖啡的我们
to laugh at us drinking brown coffee.
你不是人类 先生…
You’re not a human, sir…
住口
Stop it.
你什么都不是
You’re nothing.
有摩擦
There’s the rub.
因为一切都有思想
Because nothing doesn’t think
这是国务卿
it’s secretary of state.
他就是
That’s it.
你还记得…那谁吗
Do you remember… who was it?
沃尔摩尔教授 对吗 同样的情景
Professor Vollmer, right. A similar situation.
仍然…
Still…
抱歉我想说…
Excuse me, but…
我在机构里面是心理学家
I’m the psychologist at the Institute.
我观察过斯蒂勒一段时间
I’ve been observing Stiller for some time
非常亲近地
very closely.
他有急性躁狂症倾向
He’s suffering from a case of acute paranoia.
他是心理退化的极端范例
He’s an extreme example of psychological degeneration.
他…恕我直言
He is, in so many words,
无法为自己的行为负责
not responsible for his actions.
我建议他马上离开这里
I recommend he be put on leave immediately.
进行治疗…
For treatment…
我意思是
I mean
我相信他能康复
I’m certain he’ll return to normal
…总有一天
one day, perhaps.
谢谢你 哈恩 非常感谢你
Thank you, Hahn. Thanks so much.
我想这对解决问题有帮助
I think that would eliminate the problem, gentlemen.
是的 如果斯蒂勒…
Yes, indeed. If Stiller…
所以他没法承担责任 哈斯?
So he’s not responsible, Hirse?
是 完全没有
No, definitely not.
现在 我提议由霍尔姆先生
For now I recommend Mr. Holm assume
担负斯蒂勒的责任
Stiller’s responsibilities.
随您便 决定权在您
As you like. You’re still free to make personnel decisions.
谢谢你 先生
Thank you, gentlemen.
如果你能在新闻发布会上做个澄清 我会非常感激
I’d be grateful if you’d prepare a clarification for the press.
没问题
Of course.
相比之下…
Still, the parallel to…
沃尔摩尔教授还是让人摸不着头脑
Professor Vollmer is quite baffling.
现在呢?
And now?
没事了 我准备离开
Nothing, I’m on leave.
太好了 霍尔姆前途无阻了
That’s terrific. There’s no one in Holm’s way.
那又怎样?
So what?
“那又怎样”?
“So what”?
你曾经会在乎电脑的状况
You used to care about what happened to the computer.
此一时彼一时
That was then, this is now.
我没弄明白你
I can’t figure you out.
告诉我…
Tell me…
我们身份单元的知觉力
What are the limits to the perceptive faculties
有哪些局限
of our identity units?
嗯 假设
Listen, suppose
我们是电脑编写出来的生命体
we were beings who had been programmed in a computer.
我们坐在这里 喝着威士忌
We’d sit here, drinking whiskey.
我们感知着一个假想的世界
We’d perceive what is in fact our imaginary world
好像它是真的一样
as if it were the real one.
当然 这是一个电子模拟环境
Of course. An electronically simulated environment
对于电子生命体就是现实
would appear real to an electronic being.
很好
Good.
会有故障发生吗
And can glitches occur?
不是没可能 但很少
It’s possible, but not very.
会是怎样的故障?
And what would a glitch be like?
故障?
A glitch?
我举一个简单的例子
Here’s a simple example:
你在街上开车 突然没路了
You’re driving down a street that suddenly ends because
因为程序是这么写的
it hasn’t been fully programmed.
几秒之后 你这个人造人
But after a few seconds the artificial being
将会看到完整的马路
would see a completed street
因为修正软件已开始生效
because the correcting software had kicked in.
显而易见 :
It’s obvious:
不可能存在则不存在
What can’t exist, doesn’t.
看到我的标题了吗
Did you read my headline?
“总监精神崩溃”
“Director Suffers Nervous Breakdown”
– 我不喜欢 – 为什么?
– I don’t like it. – Why not?
太简单了
It’s too simple.
生活撰写的故事从不简单
Stories written by life are never simple.
不会吗 真♥相♥往往比虚构离奇
No? But truth is stranger than fiction.
无论怎样
Either way. Two sides
都有两面性 你看了吗
of the same coin. You read it?
什么?
What?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!