全看你了 西德尼
It’s going to be on you, Sidney.
如果你不化妆 所有这些人可能都无法养家
You are risking all these guys’ ability to feed their families over makeup.
谢谢
Gracias.
没问题吧
We all good?
今天都不在是吧 好吧 接下来我会这么办
Left for the day. Huh. Well, here’s what I’m gonna do.
我会亲自过去看看
I’m gonna come down there and see for myself.
不 我就是要这样 谢谢你
No, that’s exactly what I’m gonna do. Thank you.
抱歉 您现在不能在这里
I’m sorry, I just can’t have you in here right now.
他今天不在 但是我可以为您传达信息
He left for the day, but I can take a message for you–
谢谢你
Thank you.
克拉克·盖博 珍·哈露 主演电影《红尘》
杰克·康拉德过气了吗?
埃莉诺·圣约翰 撰文

Cut!
西德尼的戏份杀青
That is a wrap on Sid.
呃 托雷斯先生 我们找不到拉罗伊小姐
Uh, Mr. Torres? We can’t find Miss LaRoy.
是吗
Yeah?
她消失了
She’s gone.
去4号♥舞台
Going over to Stage 4!
你回来还需要这个 -没关系 我不会回来了
You’ll need that to come back. – It’s okay. I won’t be back.
夫人 我们聊聊
Madame? Let’s chat.
我有工作要完成 亲爱的
I’m on a deadline, darling.
在我第一次搬到洛杉矶时
You know, when I first moved to LA,
你知道所有门上都写的什么吗
you know what the signs on all the doors read?
演员与狗不得入内
“No actors or dogs allowed.”
没错 是我改变了那个局面
Yeah, I changed that.
我帮助建立了这个你称之为家的地方
I helped build this place you call home.
我从未对我们抱有任何幻想 我从没假装我们是朋友
I’ve never had any illusions about us. I’ve never pretended we’re friends.
我们很友好
We’re friendly.
我帮帮你 你帮帮我
I scratch yours, you scratch mine.
那就是我们的工作
That’s our work.
但这
But this?
这就不一样了
This is something else.
你想要什么 杰克 -我想知道你为什么写这篇文章
What do you want, Jack? – I want to know why you wrote it.
不 你想知道他们为什么笑
No, you want to know why they laughed.
要让我来告诉你吗
Would you like me to tell you?
他们为什么笑
Why they laughed.
好啊 埃莉诺 为什么
Sure, Elinor. Why?
没有为什么
There is no why.
不是因为你的声音 也不是有阴谋
It wasn’t your voice. It wasn’t a conspiracy.
肯定也跟我写的东西无关
And it certainly wasn’t anything I wrote.
你怎么做都一样
There’s nothing you could have done differently.
你没什么可补救的
There’s nothing you can do.
你的时代已经过去了 没有为什么 不要再问了
Your time has run out. There is no why. Stop questioning it.
我的事业处在低谷期 -不
I’m on a dry spell. – No.
你的事业结束了
It’s over.
已经结束一段时间了 我很抱歉
It’s been over for a while. I’m sorry.
埃莉诺 你在搬弄是非
Elinor, you peddle gossip.
你没有创立过任何事物
You don’t make anything.
你不了解在外打拼是什么经历
You don’t know what it is to put yourself out there.
你只是一只在夹缝里生存的蟑螂
You’re just a cockroach.
我以前就被这样攻击过 这对我不是新鲜事
I’ve been counted out before. This isn’t new to me.
你有没有停下脚步思考过 当房♥子着火时
Have you ever stopped to think why, when there’s a house fire,
为什么人死了 而蟑螂却都能活下来
the people die and the cockroaches all survive?
老天爷啊
Jesus Christ.
你以为那栋房♥子没你不行
What happened was you thought the house needed you.
其实不然
It doesn’t.
它不需要你 就像不需要蟑螂一样
Doesn’t need you any more than it needs the roaches.
不过蟑螂是知道这一点的
And the roaches, knowing this,
它们爬回暗处 隐藏自己 得过且过
crawl back into the dark, lay low, and make it through.
但是你呢
See, but you,
你暴露在聚光灯下
you held the spotlight.
只有我们这些在暗处观察的人 才能存活下来
It’s those of us in the dark, the ones who just watch, who survive.
一场火灾
A house fire.
还会有很多次类似的情况
And there’ll be hundreds more like it, too.
一场地震可以让这座城镇从地图上消失
An earthquake could wipe this town off the map
那也改变不了什么
and wouldn’t make a difference.
只有想法才能一直流传下去
It’s the idea that sticks.
还会有一百个杰克·康拉德
There’ll be a hundred more Jack Conrads.
一百个像我这样的人
Hundred more me’s.
上百个像这样的对话
Hundred more conversations just like this one,
周而复始 永不结束
over and over again, until God knows when.
因为你再渺小不过
Because it’s bigger than you.
我知道这话伤人
I know it hurts.
没有人想掉队
No one asks to be left behind.
但是一百年后 当你我都不在人世
But in a hundred years, when you and I are both long gone,
当有人在影片中放映你的镜头时
any time someone threads a frame of yours through a sprocket,
你又会活过来
you will be alive again.
你明白我的意思吗
You see what that means?
有一天 今年拍的所有电影中的人都会死去
One day, every person on every film shot this year will be dead.
有一天 这些电影都将会重见天日
And one day, all those films will be pulled from the vaults,
他们的灵魂将再次重聚
and all their ghosts will dine together,
共同聚餐 冒险 去丛林 赴战场
and adventure together, go to the jungle, to war together.
在未来50年出生的孩子
A child born in 50 years
会偶然发现你在屏幕上闪烁
will stumble across your image flickering on a screen
然后感觉自己与你如朋友般似曾相识
and feel he knows you, like– like a friend,
尽管在他出生之前 你已经过世
though you breathed your last before he breathed his first.
上帝给了你这份礼物 要心怀感恩
You’ve been given a gift. Be grateful.
你的时代已经过去了
Your time today is through,
但是你将与天使魂灵共度永生
but you’ll spend eternity with angels and ghosts.
谢谢你刚刚说的话
Thank you for that.
曼尼 我需要你的帮助
Manny! I need your help.
我遇到大事了 真的需要你帮助
I’m in so much trouble and I really need your help.
冷静一下 告诉我发生什么了
Calm down and tell me what happened.
我搞砸了 曼尼 我搞砸了
I fucked up, Manny. I fucked up, Manny.
我知道你一直都努力在帮我 但我总是搞砸
And I know you’ve been trying to help me, and I’ve kept fucking up.
现在我真的需要你的帮助 我不喜欢求人
Now I really need your help, and I hate to ask–
冷静
Calm down.
冷静下来 好的 我在卡尔涅瓦赌场
Cálmate. Okay, yeah, I was in Cal-Neva,
正在玩牌 然后有一个
and I was playing cards and there was–
一个叫麦凯的人 他是老板 看起来就不好惹
This guy, McKay, runs the place and, he’s– like, you don’t fuck with–
多少钱 -他…
How much? – He’s…
有很多 很多 -你欠了多少钱
It’s a lot. It’s a lot. – How much do you owe?
八万五千美元
Eighty-five grand.
他们把我 -怎么了
They took me… – ¿Como? How?
他把我带到一个房♥间里 曼尼 他们说
He took me back into a room, Manny, and they said
如果这周末我拿不到钱
if I don’t have the money by the end of the week,
他们就往我下面泼酸
they’re gonna pour acid on my pussy.
他们不是在开玩笑
And they’re not kidding.
他们会他妈杀了你 这些人是杀手
They will fucking kill you. These people are killers.
给他们钱 好吗 -我不能
Pay them, okay? – I can’t.
你不能跟这些人胡来 你只有付钱
You don’t fuck with these kind of people. You just pay them.
我不能付 -什么意思
I can’t pay them. – What do you mean?
我没有钱 我没有…
I don’t have the money to pay them. I don’t have–
你可是内莉·拉罗伊 你肯定有钱
You’re Nellie LaRoy. Of course you have the money.
不 我没有 钱都
No, I don’t. It’s–
钱都没有了
It’s gone.
我爸的餐馆 还有
My dad’s diner and the–
房♥子不是我们的
We don’t own the house.
我没有 我没有那些钱
I don’t have that– I don’t have that money.
…他妈的还找我帮忙
…fucking help!
求求你对我好点吧 曼尼
Please be nice to me, Manny.
求你了
Please.
你毁了我的生活
You fucked my life!
我没有其他地方可去
I have nowhere else to go.
你是我唯一的朋友
You’re my only friend.
你是唯一一个 曼尼
You’re the only one, Manny!
从始至终 只有你对我好
You’re the only one who’s ever been nice to me.
只有你关心我
You’re the only one who’s ever cared.
我一直在帮助你 可你所做的一切都伤透了我的心
I’ve always helped you, and all you’ve done is break my heart!
求求你
Please.
他们会杀了我

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!