有说话声的电影 就像身临其境一样
Talking pictures. Like you’re there.
不是那种短片
Not like the shorts.
真的假的 -真的 很疯狂
Really? – Yeah. It’s wild.
我们上周在摄影棚试映了一次 人们都疯了
We did a screening on the lot last week. People went nuts.
你 你觉得大家喜欢那样吗 能听到声音的电影
You, uh, think people want that, though? Sound in their movies?
是啊 为什么不呢
Yeah, why wouldn’t they?
这就是我们一直追寻的
This is what we’ve been looking for!
用声音重新定义电影形式 声音
Sound is how we redefine the form. Sound!
宝贝 我不…
Sweetie, I don’t–
我不知道你在生气些什么 我不懂匈牙利语
I don’t know what you’re upset about. I don’t understand Hungarian.
我听说华纳上周的试映就是个车祸现场
I heard Warners’ screening last week was a train wreck.
曼纽尔 她说什么呢 他挺有语言天分的 我就让他去学了匈牙利语
Manuel, what’s she saying? I got him learning Hungarian ’cause he’s good with languages.
她说什么 一车猴子毁了一切 -有点小争吵很正常
Something about “getting fucked by a wheelbarrow of monkeys.” – Hiccups are normal.
我的天哪
Geez Louise!
奥尔加 你的意思是你不喜欢我给你做的造雨机吗
Olga? Does this mean you don’t like the rain machine I made you?
她想念布达佩斯的雨 所以我在花♥园♥里给她做了个造雨机
She missed the rain in Budapest so I built a rain machine in the garden.
但你们吵了十年了 -曼纽尔
Hiccups that last ten years? – Manuel?
她说… -莱特兄弟就花了十年才让飞机成功翱翔
Something about… – Took ten years for the Wrights’ airplane to work.
…马的鸡♥巴♥和你的后♥庭♥ -对吧
…a horse’s cock and your anus. – Didn’t it?
根本不是一回事 不一样 -是不是 啊哈 怎么不是
That’s not the same thing. That’s not the same. – Didn’t it? Aha! Why not?
技术总是爆发式进步的
Progress comes in fits.
你好 -砰地一下就爆发了
Hello? – Spurts and fits.
是萨尔伯格 -人们去电影院不是为了听噪音的
Thalberg. – People go to movies not to listen to the noise.
欧文 -杰克
Irv? – Jack.
我想了解一下阿尔·乔生的电影 让曼纽尔去趟纽约
I wanna know about the Al Jolson movie. Get Manuel to New York.
让他去华纳剧院看看首映然后回来汇报
Send him to the Warners’ Theatre to see the premiere and have him report back.
乔生 好吧 谁在那喊呢
Jolson? All right. Who is that screaming?
奥尔加啦
That’s just Olga.
听着 别阻拦进步的征程 欧文 未来是属于有声电影的
Look, don’t stand in the way of progress, Irv. Sound is the future.
喔 嘿 我♥操♥ -让曼纽尔去纽约
Whoa! Hey! Holy shit! – Send Manuel to New York.
杰克 杰克 趴下 -宝贝 宝贝
Jack! Jack, get down! – Sweetie, sweetie.
是因为格蕾塔吗 我跟她就是朋友
Is this about Greta? You know she’s just a friend.
趴下 杰克
Get down! Jack!
他妈的怎么回事 喂 喂
What the fuck was that? Hello? Hello?
杰克 杰克
Jack? Jack?
康拉德与普蒂离婚
杰克带伤上庭 拒绝每月给奥尔加4000美元
华纳剧院
纽约
杰克 -内莉
Jack? – Nellie!
我搞到首映的票了 -内莉 内莉 我爱你
I got the ticket to the premiere. – Nellie! Nellie, I love you!
我知道 我到时候会告诉你电影好不好看
I know. I’ll let you know how it is.
内莉 内莉
Nellie! Nellie!
好的 杰克
Yes, Jack.
好的 没问题 再见
Yeah, okay. Bye.
求你了 内莉
Please, Nellie!
内莉 求你了 你能给我签个名吗
Nellie, please can I have your autograph?
内莉 内莉
Nellie! Nellie!
内莉!
Nellie!
曼尼
Manny!
求你了 内莉
Please, Nellie!
曼尼
Manny!
让我看看你的奶♥子♥ 臭婊♥子♥
Show me your tits, you fucking bitch!
这里 -停下 停 停
Right here! – Stop, stop, stop!
臭婊♥子♥ -我爱你
You fucking whore! – I love you.
不 不 不 后退 混♥蛋♥们 立刻后退
No, no, no! Back off, cabrones! Back off now!
内莉
Nellie!
托尼 开 快开
Tony, go, go!
你最近怎么样
How you been?
还行 还可以 -啊 看看你
Eh, good, good. – Ah! Look at you!
天哪 -你记得我
Wow. – You remember me.
是啊 我当然记得你 我怎么会忘呢
Yeah, of course I remember you. How could I forget?
现在你是明星了 -我一直是明星 记得吗
And you’re a star now. – I was always a star, remember?
是啊 是啊
Right, right.
那 你在这干什么呢 是因为电影还是…
And, um, what are you doing here? Are you here for a movie or…
那不是 我得出城待几天
No, I had to get out of town for a few days.
一个男的说我玩骰子欠他钱
Some shit came up with a guy saying I owed him money in a game of craps.
然后瓦拉赫生气极了 他用钱把那男的打发了
Then Wallach got pissed. He straightened him out.
但他认为我有赌博的习惯 我才没有
But he thinks I have a gambling problem, which I don’t.
我只有生气或者喝多了 要不就是特别高兴的时候才赌
I only gamble if I’m, you know, pissed or drunk or having a great night.
你呢
What about you?
呃 杰克·康拉德让我来的
Um, Jack Conrad sent me.
杰克·康拉德 -对 我跟着他干
Jack Conrad? – Yeah, I’m working with him.
噢 我好想跟他上♥床♥ 哇哦
Oh! I would fuck him. Wow.
康拉德怎么派你来了 天哪
Why would Conrad send you here? God.
当初我一有机会就离开了这个地方
I got out of this place first chance I got.
除了我爸什么都没带
Took nothing with me but my dad.
他现在其实是我的经纪人
He’s actually my business manager now.
他吗 -是啊 他真是烂到爆
He is? – Yeah. He’s so bad at it.
不会算账 不认识字 -你怎么不雇别人呢
Cannot add, cannot spell. – Why don’t you hire someone else?
他是我爸 他还能干嘛呢?
He’s my dad. What else is he gonna do?
妈的 我们到了 嘿 托尼
Oh, shit, we’re here. Hey, Tony?
你能帮我把这个放起来吗 谢谢
Can you hang onto this for me, please? Thanks.
我去去就回 好吗
I’m just gonna be a minute, okay?
其实吧 你想和我一起进去吗
Actually, uh, do you wanna come in with me?
好啊
Yeah.
疗养院
有什么需要帮助的吗 -好的 我是内莉·拉罗伊
May I help you? – Yes. Nellie LaRoy.

Hi.
这地方还可以吧
Seems okay here.
挺不错的
It’s pretty nice.
这是曼尼
This is Manny.
他也在电影行业工作
He works in the movies too.
好的 谢谢
Okay. Thank you.
纯粹是浪费时间
That was a waste of time.
走吧
Let’s go.
我讨厌人们会在冰淇凌上加乱七八糟的小料
I hate when people put fucking toppings on ice cream.
根本不需要
Doesn’t need it.
糟践好东西 你懂我意思吧
It messes up a good thing. You know what I mean?
他妈的讨厌死了
I fucking hate that.
天 我这辈子净是让人失望了
God, I’ve never done nothing except disappoint people my whole life.
老师们说我不行 男的们说我不行
Teachers told me I was no good. Boys told me I was no good.
城里他妈的每个选角的导演都说我
Every fucking casting director in the city told me
要么是太矮了 要么是太肥了
I was too short or I was too fat.
通常就是太肥了
Usually I was too fat.
知道吗 我妈妈其实也胖过一段时间
You know, my mama actually had some fat years too.
现在看她 根本看不出来 但确实有过
You wouldn’t know it now, looking at her, but she did.
他们把我搞惨了 曼尼 他们真♥他♥妈♥把我搞惨了
They fucked up with me, Manny. They really fucked up with me.
因为我就是让他们坐立难安
‘Cause I make ’em squirm.
而且我爱死这样做了
And I like making ’em squirm.
让他们瞧瞧 我从不会任人摆布 我的一切都是自己挣来的
Let ’em know that I got here on my terms, not theirs.
我成功之后 我会在一直跳舞跳到深夜
And when I’m done, I’m gonna dance my ass off into the night.
他们就会知道 所有人他妈的都会知道
And they’ll know– everyone will fucking know
他们他妈的掌控不了任何事
that they could never control one goddamn fucking thing.
你喜欢冰淇淋吗
Do you like ice cream?
当然了
Of course.
我家人住在洛杉矶 你知道吗
My family lives in LA, you know.
真的假的
Really?
我以为他们在墨西哥呢
I thought they were in Mexico.
我十二岁时我们举家越境跑过来的
We crossed the border when I was 12.
他们其实离得不远
They’re not far.
我可以开三十分钟车
I could take a car, drive for 30 minutes
就为了打声招呼
and just say hi.
但你从来没这么做
But you never do.
是啊
Sí.
只是一个人要更容易一点
It’s just easier to be on my own.
我一直是一个人
I’ve always been on my own.
托尼 把曼尼带到他要去的地方吧
Um, Tony, take Manny wherever he needs to go.
不 不用 -不不不 就这样吧
Oh, no, it’s okay. – No, no, no. I insist. I insist.
回洛杉矶再见 好吗
I’m gonna see you back in LA, okay?
华纳剧院 今晚首映
华纳剧院 今晚首映
哦我的天 我的老天
Oh, my God! Oh, my God!
阿尔·乔生主演电影《爵士歌♥手》

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!