I find the studios’ committees for the casting of Negroes inspiring, don’t you?
他回答道 他们需要电工吗
And he replies, “Do they need an electrician?”
内莉 你知道什么好玩的笑话吗
Do you know any good jokes, Nellie?
知道 我…
Yeah, I–
比起讲笑话 内莉更喜欢听笑话
Nell prefers listening to jokes rather than telling them.
来吧 给我们讲个笑话吧 -我有一个笑话
Come on, tell us a joke. – I have a joke.
我和哈罗德·劳埃德在法国的时候
Harold Lloyd and I were in France…
嘿 你还好吗
Hey, how you holding up?
你呢
You, too?
我觉得这部电影不会成功的
Well, I guess the movie isn’t a hit.
那就顺其自然吧
So be it.
你肯定还有机会的
I’m sure you’ll get another chance.
我为什么没机会了
Why wouldn’t I get another chance?
不 我的意思是
No, it just– What I mean–
有没有人行行好 告诉我他妈的发生什么事了
Would someone kindly tell me what the fuck is going on?
他带着一个哑剧演员回来了
He shows up with a mime.
我说 哈罗德 我的奶酪火腿三明治比哑剧演员值钱多了
I go, “Harold, my croque monsieur is worth a lot more than a mime!”
小内 你肯定知道有意思的笑话 -我 我
Nell, you must have some good ones. – Well, I-I–
我不擅长讲笑话
I am not the best joke teller.
来吧 内莉 幽默不是你的工作吗
Come on, Nellie. Isn’t being funny what you do?
是的 我相信你拍的这些电影
Yeah, I believe that films like yours
在这个分♥裂♥的时代是温和但有力的橄榄枝
are gentle but virile olive branches in these divided times.
有人叫我 我该走了 -不要走 你一定要为我们演奏一曲
That is my cue. I should be going. – Please, you must play for us.
讲一个吧 内莉 我们会批准你的下一部电影的
Come on, Nellie. We’ll approve your next picture.
没错 内莉 幽默一点吧 -我刚想到了一个
Yes, Nellie, be funny. – You know, I just thought of one.
两条鱼正在度蜜月
Two fish are on their honeymoon
我想到了一个
Actually, I got one.
有一天 一头熊和一只兔子在森林里拉屎
A bear and a rabbit are shittin’ in the woods one day.
熊对兔子说
And the bear says to the rabbit,
嘿 你的屎有没有总是粘到毛上
“Hey, do ya ever have a problem with the shit stickin’ to your fur?”
兔子拉完屎说道 从来没有怎么了
And the rabbit finishes shitti” and he says, “No, I never do. Why?”
熊说 好他妈极了
And the bear says, “Fan-fuckin’-tastic!”
他从后面抓住兔子的耳朵
And he grabs the rabbit behind the ears
然后
and…
我简直不敢相信
I can’t believe you just…
不然呢
Why not?
怎么了 你们没听到他们怎么说我的吗
Why? Haven’t you heard what they say about me?
我他妈是个堕落的畜生
I’m a degenerate fucking animal.
噢 内莉 看看他们啊
“Oh, Nellie!” Look at them.
谁知道她做得出来什么事呢 她是从新泽西来的
“Who knows what she might do? She’s from Jersey, you know.”
这他妈就是从新泽西来的堕落畜生做的事
This is what a degenerate fucking animal from Jersey does.
这他妈就是从新泽西来的堕落畜生做的事
That’s what the degenerate fuckin’ animal from Jersey does.
你们知道吗
So you know what?
你们继续和你们的表亲做♥爱♥吧
I’m gonna let you all go on fucking your cousins,
继续完善你们的宾客名单吧
polishing your guest lists,
用他妈的博若莱葡萄酒诱惑你们的未成年情妇
plying your underaged fuckin’ mistresses with fuckin’ Beaujolais,
一群令人作呕的傻♥逼♥
you sick fucks!
我是畜生 这他妈是什么
I’m the animal? What is this shit?
这他妈是什么
What is this shit?
你们还说我有病 说我疯癫了
I’m the sick one! I’m the fuckin’ crazy one!
你们这群人让我觉得恶心作呕
You people make me fucking sick!
你们没比我强到哪里去
You’re not better than me!
你们没有 你们他妈没比我强到哪里去
You’re not! You’re not fucking better than me.
我不需要这玩意
I don’t need this shit.
我要回家了 我要把可♥卡♥因♥塞进我的阴♥道♥里
You know what? I’m gonna go home, I’m gonna stick some coke up my pussy,
你们可以他妈的把你们的香槟酒杯
and you all can stick your champagne flutes
塞进你们的玫瑰味 糖果味
up your rose-smellin’, candy-tastin’,
雪白的屁♥眼♥里
snow-white fuckin’ assholes!
我的地毯
My rug!
你吐在了我的地毯上
You puked on my rug!
拜托 趁现在还来得及
Please, before it’s too late.
你不能待在这里 他们会发现你的
You can’t stay here. They’ll find you.
他们会发现我们的
They’ll find us.
听着 凯瑟琳 我不在乎他们是否发现我们
Listen, Catherine. I don’t care if they find us.
他们可以剥夺我的军衔 但这不会改变我的感受
They could strip me of my rank and it wouldn’t change how I feel.
我经历过失去 痛苦
I’ve known loss. I’ve known pain.
但 是你给了我生命
It’s you who gives me life.
凯瑟琳…
Catherine…
我爱你
I love you.
我爱你 我爱你 我爱你
I love you, I love you, I love you.
我爱你 我爱你 我爱你”
“I love you, I love you!” “I love you!”
杰克·康拉德
Jack Conrad.
你对未来的想法是什么
What are your thoughts for the future?
我上两部电影的表现不如意 但我学到了很多
Well, my last two movies didn’t work, but I learned a lot from ’em.
以前我会把一些事看作理所当然
There were things I’d taken for granted…
也许我不应该那样
that maybe I shouldn’t have.
你仍然是米高梅最大的资产
Well, you’re still MGM’s biggest asset.
你依然拿着最高的薪水
You still command the biggest paycheck.
我也乐意靠实力挣这份钱
And I’d like to earn it.
我还在学习这种新的影视表演形式
I’m still learning this new language.
你真的戒酒了吗
Is it true that you’ve quit drinking?
是的 喝酒误事
Yeah. It was getting in the way.
不会再发生这种事了
I’m not gonna let that happen anymore.
现在从戏院中涌现出很多表演人才
There’s a lot of acting talent coming in from the theater now.
你愿意走上舞台学习更多经验吗
Might you go to the stage to gain more experience?
埃莉诺 我会通过演电影掌握如何演有声电影
Elinor, I will master the talking film on film.
你想念默片吗
Do you miss the silents?

No.
我们不能阻止时代进步
We shouldn’t stand in the way of progress.
好的 谢谢 杰克
Okay. Thanks, Jack.
你还是20年前我遇到那个孩子
You’re still the kid I met 20 years ago, you know.
你一点…也没变
You haven’t changed… …a bit.
谢谢你 埃莉诺 你也没变
Thank you, Elinor. Neither have you.
我们都准备好了 就等您了 帕尔默先生
We’re ready for you on set, Mr. Palmer.
她这次不会又搞砸吧
She’s not gonna fuck this up again, is she?
我保证 她一定会惊艳到你
I guarantee you, she’s going to blow you away.
她准备好了吗 快点 -我去看看
Is she ready? Hurry. – I’ll check.
钱搞定了吗 要逼真 -搞定了 枪好了吗
You good with the money? Looks realistic. – Yeah. What about the gun?
枪机还是有问题
We’re still having a problem with the firing mechanism.
操 怎么还是这个声音
¡No, carajo! It still sounds like that?
你好 我是杰克 找欧文
Hi there. It’s Jack calling for Irving.
杰克·康拉德
Jack Conrad.
一点钟 好的 我到时候再打过去
One o’clock. All right, fine. I’ll call back then. Thanks.
你在这里
There you are.
我们遇到个严重的问题 -什么
We have a serious fucking problem. – What?
乐队看起来人种混合了 -什么意思
The band looks mixed. – What do you mean?
其他演奏者肤色比西德尼黑的多 -所以呢
I mean, the other players are a lot darker than Sid. – So?
曼尼 我能说句台词吗 -不行 回去拍摄
Manny, do you think I could say a line? – No! Get back to the shot!
西德尼在他们身边看起来像白人
In your wide, next to them, Sidney looks white.
但他是黑人 -南方观众可不会这么想
But he’s Black. – They won’t think that in the South.
对他们来说这就是一支混合人种的乐队 这意味着我们无法在那边上映电影
To them, this’ll look like a mixed band. We won’t be able to book the movie there.
南方市场很大 我们会损失一半的收入
The South is big money. That’s half the revenue lost.
不 不可能的 内莉要靠这部电影重新火起来
No, that’s not possible. Nellie needs this movie to work.
算了吧 照那种情形 电影都不值得拍完
Forget working, it’s not even worth finishing at that rate.
瓦拉赫会直接终止拍摄
Wallach’ll just pull the plug.
你说怎么办
What do you suggest?
哦是吗 好的 我4点再联♥系♥他 谢谢
Oh, he did, did he? Okay, then I’ll call back at 4:00. Thanks.
西德尼 -嗯
Sidney? – Yeah.
黑炭面部涂料
为什么 -为了灯光效果
Why? – For the lighting.
只是为了匹配其他演奏者的外貌
Just to match the other players.
为了灯光效果
For the lighting.
是的
Sí.
我知道
I know.
但是看看周围
But look around.
看看你的同伴们 如果我们不拍摄
Your fellow players, if we don’t get the shot,
电影公♥司♥就会终止影片制♥作♥
the studio will shut the picture down
他们就没有工资
and they won’t get paid.
你现在是名演员了 西德尼
You’re an actor now, Sidney.
演员为了角色改变外貌
Actors change their appearance for roles.
很正常的
It’s normal.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!