换子疑云
一个真实的故事
洛杉矶 1928年3月9日
Walter, honey.
Walter 亲爱的
Time to wake up.
该起床了
Just 10 more minutes.
再睡十分钟嘛
Oh, I’m sorry, sport. You can sleep in tomorrow.
那可不行啊 小伙子 你明天可以多睡会儿
That’s what Saturdays are for.
这就是星期六存在的意义
Up against the wall.
靠着墙站好
Come, come, come.
来 来 过来
All right.
很好
Got it. Got it. Look, look!
量好了 量好了 看 快看!
All right, sit down.
很好 坐下
Your breakfast is getting cold.
早饭都快凉了
It’s cereal.
这是麦片
It’s supposed to be cold.
它本来就是凉的
Sweetheart, we’re here.
亲爱的 我们到了
Okay.

Here’s your books.
你的书
Go ahead.
快去吧
Yes, ma’am. If you hold just a moment, I’ll get a supervisor for you.
好的 太太 您等等 我为您找名主管
SANDY: Yes, she’s coming right now.
是的 她过来了
Just a second, she’ll be with you.
马上 她就来处理你的问题
Just one second, please. You deal with this one. I’m not going near it.
马上 请等等 你来解决这个问题 我不熟
Hello, this is the supervisor. How can I help you?
您好 我是主管 有什么能帮您的吗?
I can see you’re on a party line…
我看见您的电话线有其他人共用
Unfortunately, some people do listen in on party lines. We…
很不幸 有些人确实用同一电话线偷听 我们
Well, what is he doing?
那他在做什么?
Oh, my…
噢 我的
Everything all right?
一切可好?
Yes, sir, it’s fine. A lady was having trouble with the connection.
是的 先生 很好 一位女士的通话有些问题
Hey, sport. Hey, Mom.
嘿 小伙子 嘿 妈妈
How was school?
今天怎么样?
Okay. Yeah?
很好 是么?
We learned about dinosaurs.
我们学了恐龙
And I got in a fight with Billy Mankowski.
我还和Billy Mankowski打了一架
What happened?
怎么回事?
He hit me.
他打我
Did you hit him back?
所以你打回去?
Good.
很好
Rule number one, remember?
原则一 记得吧?
Never start a fight, always finish it.
不主动挑事儿 但奉陪到底
Why’d he hit you?
他为什么打你?
Because I hit him.
因为我打了他
You hit him first?
你先打了他?
Why?
为什么?
He said my dad ran off because he didn’t like me.
他说爸爸是因为不喜欢我才跑掉的
Honey, your father never met you,
乖乖 爸爸从没见过你
so how could he not like you?
他怎能不喜欢你呢?
Then why did he leave?
那他为什么要离开?
Well, because the day you were born,
因为你出生那天
something else arrived in the mail.
有些东西就被寄过来了
And it was in a box a little bit bigger than you.
它被装在一个比你大一点儿的盒子里
You know what was in it?
你知道那里面是什么吗?
Something called responsibility.
一种叫做责任的东西
And to some people,
而对一些人来说
responsibility is the scariest thing in the world.
责任是世界上最为可怕的东西
So, he ran away because he was scared of what was in that box?
所以他跑掉是因为他害怕盒子里的东西?
Uh huh.

That’s just dumb.
真蠢
That is exactly what I thought.
这正是我所想的
Did I miss Amos ‘N Andy?
我错过了Amos 与Andy?
I’m afraid so, sport.
恐怕是哦 小伙子
Come now, time for bed.
快过来 该上床睡觉了
Are we still going to the movies tomorrow?
那我们明天还去看电影吗?
CHRISTINE: Uh huh. I hear there’s a new Charlie Chaplin picture
嗯 我听说有一部新的卓别林电影
and a new serial called The Mysterious Airman.
还有一部新的连续剧叫神秘飞行员
WALTER: Who’s that?
谁呀?
I don’t know. Nobody does.
不知道 天晓得
That’s what makes him so mysterious.
所以他才那么神秘嘛
Oh.

Am I too heavy for you to carry?
是不是我太重了你抱不动了?
Oh, no, not for years.
哦 不 多少年都不会抱不动
Not for years.
多少年都不会
Hello? This is Margaret.
喂? 我是Margaret
Hi, Margaret.
嗨 Margaret
So, how are you?
你好吗?
Fine.
很好
Listen, Jean can’t come in today and now we’re a little shorthanded.
听着Jean今天来不了了 现在我们有点缺人手
When did she call in sick?
她什么时候打电话说病了?
About half hour ago.
大约半小时前
I’m having a hard time trying to find someone.
我实在找不到人了
Well, what about Myrna?
Myrna呢?
I know she could use the extra hours and…
我知道她可以加班 而且
She’s busy. Can’t you come?
她很忙 你就不能来?
No. No, no, no. I just…
不 不 不 不 只是我
I promised Walter that I’d take him to the movies, is all, and…
我答应带Walter去看电影 所以
Well, it’s just until 4:00.
好了 到下午四点就结束了
All right.
好吧
Just… Just until 4:00.
只 只到四点
I’ll see you then.
待会见
There’s a sandwich and milk in the fridge,
冰箱里有三明治和牛奶
and I’ve asked Mrs. Riley and her daughter
我已经叫Riley太太和她的女儿
to stop in in a couple of hours.
隔两小时就过来看看
I can take care of myself.
我能自己照顾自己
I know you can. They’re checking on the house, not you.
我知道你能 他们是来看看房子 不是看你
Tomorrow we will go to the movies.
明天我们去看电影
And then we’ll ride Big Red to Santa Monica and take a walk on the pier.
之后我们就开沙滩车去圣莫尼卡 然后在海边散步
How does that sound? Does that sound good?
怎么样? 好不好?
I’ll be home before it gets dark.
天黑之前我一定回家
I’m not afraid of the dark.
我不怕黑
I’m not afraid of anything.
我什么都不怕
I know. I know.
我知道 我知道
Be good.
要听话啊
I love you.
我爱你
We’ve got lines jammed from here to Ohio.
我们的线路从这里一直堵到了俄亥俄州
He says he needs to speak to somebody in charge.
他说他要和主管谈谈
I need your signature here for a supply requisition.
需要你在补给申请上签字
WOMAN 1: Number, please. WOMAN 2: Number, please.
请说号码 请说号码
WOMAN 3: Go ahead, please.
请继续 谢谢
All right, get me the Omaha routing station.
好了 帮我接奥马哈线路站
See if we can put our calls through their switchers.
看看能不能通过他们转接我们的电话
Let’s get this console running, now.
我们要立刻让控制台运转起来
Christine. Good, I was hoping to catch you.
Christine 真好 就希望能赶上你
Look, I’ve been following your work reports,
听着 我已经看过了你的工作报告
and I just want to let you know that I am very impressed.
我想告诉你 你让我印象十分深刻
When I first suggested hiring female supervisors,
当我第一次建议采用女性主管时
my superiors weren’t big on the idea.
我的上司都不怎么喜欢这个想法
But you have held your own as well as any of your male counterparts.
但是你却做得和你的男同事一样好
Thank you, Mr. Harris.
谢谢 Harris先生
Oh, Ben, please. Listen, I…
叫我Ben就可以了 听着 我
Listen, the point is,
听着 重点是
we’re looking to take on a manager for our new Beverly Hills office.
我们打算为贝弗利山新的办事处 聘请一名经理
And if you’re interested in the job, I could write a report, or…
如果你对这个工作感兴趣的话 我可以打个报告 或者
That would be wonderful. Thank you so much, sir.
那真是太棒了 非常感谢 先生
Okay, good, so maybe we could…
好 很好 那么或许我们可以
Could we speak about it Monday? Yeah, absolutely.
我们能放到星期一谈吗? 当然 当然可以
Would that be all right? Thank you so much, sir. Thank you.
就那样好吧? 非常感谢 先生 谢谢
Please!
请等一等
Please.
请等一等!
Walter.
Walter
Honey?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!