我很怕
I thought they’d come after me, or my folks.
我觉得他们会追我和那些伙伴
So, I just didn’t tell anybody.
所以我就没告诉别人
I was on my own until I got a free meal from this lady, Miss Lansing.
我一直靠自己直到 Lansing小姐 请我吃了顿饭
Told her I was an orphan, on my own.
我说我是个孤儿 一个人
She said I could stay on.
她说我可以留下来
And I did.
我留下了
Every night,
每个晚上
I’d wake up thinking they were right outside my window.
我都会梦到他们在窗边而被吓醒
And then I heard the police talking on the radio
接着我又听到警察在收音机里说
about what happened at the ranch.
那个大农场发生的事
And I thought, “For sure I can’t go back now.”
于是我觉得 现在肯定不能回去
Why?
为什么?
Why not?
为什么不?
Since I didn’t tell anybody what happened.
因为我没把遭遇告诉过任何人
I was afraid they’d blame me for those kids being dead.
我怕他们会因那些死去的孩子 而责备我
So I just stayed away.
所以 我就继续待着
What made you come forward now, after all this time?
那过了这么久 是什么让你勇敢回来了?
Hmm? Why come forward now?
嗯? 为什么现在敢说了?
I really miss my mom.
我真的很想妈妈了
I really miss my dad.
真的很想爸爸了
I just wanna go home.
我想回家
I just wanna go home.
我想回家
Are you all right?
你还好吧?
I love you.
我爱你
I still can’t believe it.
我还是不敢相信
Five years, case closed, everyone thinks he’s dead, and there he is.
5年了 结案了 每个人都以为他死了 但他还好好活着
Wouldn’t be, if it wasn’t for Walter.
如果没有Walter 事情不会这样
Your son did a brave thing, Mrs. Collins.
您的儿子很勇敢 Collins 女士
You should be very proud of him.
你应该为他自豪
I am.
我很自豪
You still think he’s out there?
你认为他还活着的吗?
Why not?
为什么不?
Three boys made a run for it that night, Detective.
那晚有3个男孩逃跑 警探
And if one got out,
如果有1个成功
then maybe either or both of the others did, too.
那也许另2个也会成功
Maybe Walter’s out there, having the same fears that he did.
也许 Walter 正在外面经受和他 同样的恐惧
Afraid to come home and identify himself,
害怕回家来说出一切
or afraid he’ll get into trouble.
又或是担心惹上麻烦
But either way,
但不管怎样
it gives me something I didn’t have before tonight.
今晚过后 我获得了新的东西
What’s that?
是什么?
Hope.
希望
听证会后 Jones队长被停职 Davis局长被降级 Cryer未再竞选市长
Briegleb牧师借助其电台节目 终身致力揭露警察的渎职和腐败行为
为摆脱丑闻 加州决定将Wineville地区 更名为Mira Loma
Christine Collins从未停止寻找儿子

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!