小乖乖?
Walter.
Walter
Walter!
Walter!
Honey?
小乖乖?
Walter?
Walter?
Honey!
宝贝!
Walter!
Walter!
Walter, it’s time to come in, honey.
Walter 该回家了亲爱的
Suzie? Have you seen Walter?
Suzie? 你看到Walter了吗?
No, Mrs. Collins.
没有 Collins太太
Sorry.
我也没有
Walter?
Walter?
Walter.
Walter
OPERATOR: Number, please.
请说号码
May I please have the police station?
能帮我接一下警察局吗?
I’ll connect you.
将为你转接
POLICEMAN: Lincoln Heights Division.
林肯岗分局
Hello, my name is Christine Collins.
你好 我叫Christine Collins
I live at 210 North Avenue, 23.
我住在北方大道210号
And I’m calling to report a missing child.
我要报警 一名儿童失踪了
Missing child.
失踪儿童
What’s your relation to the child, ma’am?
你和这孩子是什么关系 太太?
It’s my son.
他是我儿子
How long has he been gone?
他失踪多久了?
I’m not sure. I just got home from work.
我不知道 我刚上班回来
It could be since this morning
可能今早上就不见了
or it could be just the last hour.
也可能是刚刚才不见的
Have you checked around the neighborhood?
你问了周围邻居家了么?
Yes, of course I did.
当然 我问过了
Well, maybe he’s lost track of time.
他可能玩得忘了时间
No. No, no.
不 不 不
He always stays around the house when it gets dark.
他总是在天开始变黑时 就待在房子附近
Would you please send someone down here?
你能派人来这儿么?
I’m sorry, but our policy is that
对不起 我们的政策规定
we don’t dispatch units on missing child cases for 24 hours.
24小时内失踪儿童案 我们无法分派警力处理
What?
什么?
Look, 99 times out of 100, the kid shows up by morning.
听着 十有八九 小孩会在早晨自己回来
We don’t have the resources to go chasing every kid who runs off with his pals.
我们没有精力 把和玩伴们跑掉的小孩都一个个抓回来
No, no, no.
不是 不是 不是
No, that’s not Walter. He doesn’t do that.
不 那不是会是Walter 他不会那么做
With all due respect, ma’am, every parent who calls says the same thing.
无意冒昧 夫人 每一个打电话的家长都那么说
Please, please.
求你了 求你了
Look, there’s nothing I can do.
无能为力
I’ll take your name and your information,
我会记下你的名字和信息
but that’s all until the morning, at the earliest.
就这样了 不过最快也要等到 明天早上我们才会处理
I’m sure he’ll show up by then. They always do.
我敢肯定那时他会出现 孩子们经常如此
Are you Mrs. Collins?
你是Collins太太么?
BRIEGLEB: Our thoughts go out again today to Mrs. Christine Collins
今天 我们再一次对 林肯岗的Christine Collins太太
of Lincoln Heights,
深表同情
whose young son, Walter Collins,
她的小孩子 Walter Collins
disappeared nearly two weeks ago.
在近两周前失踪了
Though she is not a member of our congregation,
虽然她不是我们的教友
we pray for her today as we have every day,
今天我们也为她祈祷 正如我们得知她的处境之后
since we learned of her plight.
每天所做的那样
On the radio and in the newspapers
无论是广播还是报纸
we are told that the Los Angeles Police Department
都告知我们 洛杉矶警察局
is doing its very best to reunite mother and child,
正以其最大的努力 使母亲与自己的孩子重逢
and I’m sure that that is true.
而我也对此深信不疑
But given its status as the most violent, corrupt
但考虑其现实状况 作为落基山这边
and incompetent police department
最暴力 最腐败
this side of the Rocky Mountains
最无能的警察局
I am not sure it’s saying a great deal.
恐怕这一说法没有什么可信度
Every day, new bodies appear along Mulholland
每一天 都有新的尸体沿着穆赫兰道
and in the ditches of our cities,
或是在城市的臭水沟里出现
the work of Police Chief James Davis and his aptly named Gun Squad.
警察局长James Davis 和他名副其实的机枪班的工作
Every day, the needs of honest citizens
就是在每一天 将忠厚市民的需求
are put second to greed and personal gain.
抛至个人贪欲及私利之后
Every day, this city sinks deeper into a cesspool
每一天 这个城市都在
of fear, intimidation and corruption.
恐惧 威胁和堕落的泥沼中陷得更深
Once the City of Angels,
曾是天使之城的洛杉矶
Los Angeles has become a place where our protectors
正成为一个这样的城市
have become our brutalizers.
本应是我们的保护者却变为我们的施虐者
Where to be the law is to be above the law.
本应是秉公执法的执法人 却凌驾于法律之上
I understand. Thank you.
我理解 谢谢
I will call back in a few weeks.
我过段时间再打来
Thank you very much.
非常感谢
Las Vegas Missing Persons Department?
拉斯维加斯失踪人口局?
Hello, this is Christine Collins.
你好 我是Christine Collins
I’m calling to see if you’ve found any missing or lost children
我想问问你们有没有找到
who meet the description that matches Walter Collins.
恰好与Walter Collins描述相符的 失踪或是迷路的儿童
Oh, all right. Well, please do. Please do call.
嗯 那好 好 请一定打电话过来 请一定要打给我
And I’ll call back in a matter…
我会再打来如果
In a week, if that’s all right. Thank you very much.
如果方便的话 一周之内我会再打来 非常感谢
Thank you.
谢谢
$2.
两美元
Hell, I think I left my wallet at home.
天 我把钱包忘家里了
Can I owe it to you?
能先赊账么?
No credit.
现款交易
Pay up or I call the cops.
付钱 要不然我就叫警察来
I’m sick of bums like you coming around here.
我已经被附近像你这样的流浪汉惹烦了
I’m not trying to stiff you, chief.
我不是在骗你 老板
I just left my wallet at home, that’s all.
我只是把钱包忘家里了 就这样
I’ll go back and get it. Five, 10 minutes, tops.
我回去取 最多五到十分钟
Got collateral?
有担保物么?
You can’t ask for better collateral
你找不到一个比有血有肉的人
than a man’s own flesh and blood, right?
更好的担保物了 不是吗?
Now, you stay here, son.
你呆在这儿 儿子
I’ll be right back.
我很快就回来
But… Now, don’t give me any trouble.
但是 从现在起 别给我惹麻烦
He’s a good man to trust us like this.
他是个好人 这样信任我们
Now, you just stay here and I’ll go back and get my wallet.
你乖乖待在这儿 我回去取我的钱包
Ten minutes, then I call the cops.
十分钟 否则我叫警察
COOK: Ah, hell.
妈的
OPERATOR: Number, please. COOK: Hello, Myrtle?
请说号码 喂 Myrtle吗?
Hello? Yeah, this is Harve, down at the diner.
你是? 我是Harve 被人骗了吃喝
Oh, hi, Harve.
噢 你好 Harve
Would you get me Sheriff Larsen?
能帮我接一下Larsen警官吗?
Sure thing.
当然
WOMAN 1: You have a nice day, too.
也祝你度过愉快的一天
Christine, I’m having trouble with the connection here.
Christine 我这里连接有点问题
I can’t seem to get through.
我接不通
I think so. Yeah, I think that’s better.
我也这么想 是的 我想现在好多了
WOMAN 2: You have a person to person call, Fairfax 2231.
你有一个私人电话 Fairfax市2231
WOMAN 3: Long distance. Sorry, can you repeat?
长途电话 对不起 你能再重复一次么?
I’ll connect you right away, ma’am.
我会立即为你转接 夫人
Thanks.
谢谢
Mrs. Collins?
你是Collins太太?
Yes.
是的
I’m Captain J.J. Jones, Lincoln Park Juvenile Division.
我是林肯公园青少年署的副巡官 我叫J J Jones
My office supervises all runaway and missing child cases,
我们专门处理所有的失踪儿童案
including your son’s, and…
包括你孩子的案子 而且
He’s alive, Mrs. Collins.
他还活着 Collins太太
He was picked up two days ago by local police in DeKalb, Illinois.
他于两天前在伊利诺伊州的底卡普郡 被当地的警察找到
He’s safe and unhurt.
他一切安好 没有受伤
He was in the company of some drifter. We have an APB out for him,
他和一群流浪汉在一起 我们为他发出了全境通告
but he’s safe.
不过现在他平安无事了
Thank you so much.
实在太感谢你了
SANDY: Oh, Christine…
哦 Christine
That is so great.
这真是太好了
Thank you.
谢谢
CHRISTINE: There’s so much press.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!