这也是出现那些所谓的转变的原因
I have letters from his teachers and his doctors
我有Walter老师和医生出具的书面证明
all confirming that he is not my son.
一切都证实 他并非我的儿子
I’m having them reprinted now, and I’ll have them for you tomorrow.
我已将他们复印若干 明天我将分发给你们
I have given the LAPD every opportunity to admit their mistake
我给洛杉矶警察局很多次机会 让他们承认自己的错误
and renew the search for my son.
重新开始寻找我的儿子
Since they have refused to do so,
但都被他们拒绝了
it has forced me to bring my case public.
我不得不将此事公布于众
And I hope that this now will persuade them to finish what they started
我希望这将说服他们 尽快结束这个错误
and bring my son home to me.
并且将我的儿子找回家
Thank you very much.
非常感谢
Morelli!
Morelli!
I want you to find the Collins woman and get her here.
你去把那个叫Collins的女人找来
And, Bill, bring her in the back way.
还有 Bill 带她从后门进来
Yes, sir.
是的 长官
This way, miss.
女士 这边请
Why are we going in the back?
我们为什么走后门?
Captain’s orders. Front’s jammed with reporters.
队长的命令 前门被记者们堵住了
Please, sit down, miss. Captain Jones’ll be right with you.
女士 请坐 Jones队长马上就来
Hey! Anyone want to take a call from the Canadian Mounties? Ybarra?
嗨! 有人能接一下加拿大骑警的电话么? Ybarra?
What’d they do, lose a moose?
他们咋了 驼鹿丢了?
They need a juvenile living here illegally deported back to Canada.
他们想找个非法滞留在此的青少年 想将他遣返回加拿大
He’s living with his cousin on some ranch near Riverside, in Wineville.
他和他堂兄弟一起住在 Wineville里弗赛德某个农场
You want it? I’ll take it.
接这个案子么? 我来接
Got nothing better to do.
反正也没别的事好做
You’re a prince.
你太帅了
Mrs. Collins.
Collins夫人
You can leave the boy. She’ll take care of him.
你把孩子留在那儿吧 她会照看他的
Sit.
请坐
Oh, you’ve caused us quite a bit of trouble, Mrs. Collins.
你给我们惹了个大麻烦 Collins夫人
This situation has become an embarrassment for the entire police department.
这让整个警局都陷入了尴尬之中
It wasn’t my intention to embarrass anyone.
我并不想让任何人尴尬
Oh, no, of course not.
哦 不 你当然不想
You just told the papers we couldn’t tell one boy from another as a compliment
你只是跟媒体表扬我们 说我们不能区分两个男孩
for the months we spent working on your case.
我们花费数月 调查你的案子
You trying to make fools out of us? Is that it? You enjoy this?
你是在愚弄我们么? 是不是? 你很得意吧?
Of course not.
当然不是
I want you to find my son.
我想找到我的儿子
You know what your problem is, Mrs. Collins?
你知道问题出在哪儿么 Collins夫人?
You’re trying to shirk your responsibilities as a mother.
你试图逃避作为母亲的责任
What?
什么?
You enjoyed being a free woman, didn’t you?
你乐于享受自由 是不是?
You enjoyed not having to worry about a young son.
可以不用儿子身上花费心思
You could go where you wanted, do whatever you wanted,
可以 想去哪去哪 想要啥有啥
see anyone you wanted.
想跟谁约会就跟谁约会
But then we found your son, and we brought him back.
但我们找到了你的儿子 将他带回来
And now he’s an inconvenience to you.
现在他让你感到不方便了
And that’s why you cooked up this scheme,
因此你捏造了这一切
to throw him to the state and get the state to raise him for you.
将他扔给国家 让政府来养他
Isn’t that true? That is not true!
是不是这样? 绝非如此!
No? Well, even the boy says he’s your son.
不是? 甚至那个男孩都说 他是你儿子
Why would he say that?
他为什么那么说?
How would he know to do that?
他怎么知道要那么做?
I don’t know. I just know he’s lying.
我不知道 我只知道他在说谎
Oh, maybe so. Maybe he is a liar.
哦 或许如此 或许他是个骗子
But that’s how he’s been trained, isn’t it?
但他是被教成这样的 是吧?
Lying was born in both of you.
你们两个生来就会说谎的
You’re a liar and a troublemaker and, if you ask me,
你惯于说谎 到处捣乱 而且 如果你问我
you got no business walking the streets of Los Angeles.
你都不该在洛杉矶自由行走
Now wait a minute.
等等
Because either you know you’re lying,
因为 要不你就是知道自己在说谎
or you’re not capable of knowing if you’re lying or telling the truth.
要不 你就是已经分不清谎言与现实了
So, which is it?
所以 前者还是后者?
You a derelict mother? Or just plain nuts?
到底是个遗弃孩子的母亲? 还是一个神经病?
‘Cause from where I sit, those are the only options.
因为在我看来 只有这两个可能
I’m not gonna sit here and take this.
我不会再坐在这里 让你这样说了
You want experts? You want doctors? I have a few of my own.
你想找专家? 想找医生? 我这儿就有
Matron.
护士长
Mrs. Collins, you still insist that the boy out there is not your son?
Collins夫人 你依然坚持 外面的男孩不是你的儿子么?
Yes, I do.
是的 我坚持
Please, don’t struggle. What?
请别反抗 什么?
No! You’ll only hurt yourself.
不! 你只会伤了你自己的
What are you doing? Hold still.
你在做什么? 别动
You can’t just do this. No, you can’t.
你不能这么做 你不能
JONES: You are to convey the prisoner
你将囚犯送到
to the Los Angeles County General Hospital Psychopathic Ward.
洛杉矶总医院的精神病区
What?
什么?
You are to make the following entry.
你作出如下登记
Defendant states she’s been deceived by police and others,
被告声称自己被警局和他人欺骗
and that we have given her a boy and tried
声称我们将一个并非是她儿子的男孩
to make her think it is her son when she says it is not.
送到她跟前 却迫使她相信是她儿子
Take her away. No. No, no.
把她带走 不 不要
CHRISTINE: Please. Please.
求求你 求求你
MATRON: Come on, Mrs. Collins.
快点 Collins夫人
CHRISTINE: No. No.
不 不要
MAN: This way.
这边走
JONES: Mrs. Collins has been known to us since about March 10th, 1928
自打1928年3月10日以来 Collins夫人为我们所知
when she reported her nine year old son, Walter, missing.
那时 她声称自己9岁的儿子Walter失踪
The boy was gone until August 1928. MAN: Okay.
男孩在1928年8月被找到 好的
Since his return, she has complained that he is still missing
儿子回来后 她抱怨儿子依然失踪
and has made repeated requests that he be found.
而且接二连三地要求 寻找她的儿子
She suffers from paranoia, delusions of persecution and dislocation from reality.
她身患偏执狂 迫害妄想症和精神错乱
She may be a threat to herself or others.
她对自己和他人的安全都已造成威胁
We recommend that she be conveyed to the psychopathic ward
我们建议将她送至精神病院
until her senses can be restored.
直到她神志恢复清醒
Got another code 12.
又来了一个 12条
Name?
名字?
Collins. Christine.
Collins Christine
No, no, no, listen, this is a mistake.
不 不 不 听着 这一定是弄错了
Certifying officer?
证明警官?
Captain J.J. Jones, Lincoln Heights Division.
J J Jones队长 林肯岗分部
No, no, please! Please! The police are trying to punish me…
不 不 求求你! 求求你! 警察们想要惩戒我
If you keep it up, I’m gonna have to put you in a straitjacket.
如果你一直这样 我就给你穿紧身衣
Do you want that?
你想要那样么?
No, ma’am.
不 女士
Then behave yourself. Code 12.
那你就规矩些 12条
WOMAN: I’m not mad!
我没疯!
Please.
求求你
Oh, God.
哦 上帝啊
NURSE: All right.
好吧
No!
不!
Stop!
停下!
Spread your legs.
把你的腿分开
What?
什么?
Wider.
再大一些
Oh.

FEMALE PATIENT: I’m not sick!
我没病
Touch me! Touch me!
摸我! 摸我!
Inside. This is your room.
进去 这是你的房间
The doctor has left for the day. He will see you in the morning.
大夫今天不在 他明早来给你看病
Can I… I need to speak to somebody in authority.
我能跟你们的领导谈谈么
Sorry.
抱歉
My room! No. No, no, no, this is my room.
我的房间! 不 不 不 这是我房间
Can I make a phone call?
我能打个电话么?
Phone privileges are earned by good behavior.
得好好表现 才能得到打电话的优待
You’re not allowed newspapers, magazines, radio, books or sharp objects.
你不能看书报杂志 不能听广播 不能接触锋利的物品
This is for your own good. WOMAN: Help me!
这是为你好 救救我!
Listen to me.
听我说
My room.
我的房间
No, this is my room.
不 这是我的房间
WOMAN: Oh, God!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!