伙计们 来张照片吧?
REPORTER: One more.
再来一张
Mrs. Hutchins,
Hutchins太太
Mrs. Collins, the woman he was staying with, wanted him to have these.
过去这段时间照顾他的Collins太太想把这些东西给他
They’re the clothes she let him wear.
是她让他穿过的一些衣服
Well, thank you.
好 谢谢
Isn’t that nice, Arthur?
很棒吧 Arthur?
Tell the nice officer, “Thank you.”
跟警官叔叔说谢谢
I don’t want them. Give them to somebody else.
我不要 把这些给别人吧
Precocious little fellow, isn’t he?
小鬼还真早熟 不是吗?
It’s not my fault. It’s the police.
不是我的错 是警察的错
They said I was Walter Collins, not me! It wasn’t my idea!
他们说我是Walter Collins 不是我说的! 不是我的主意!
Not my idea! Get…
不是我的主意!
Yeah. Go blame the police for your own mistakes.
好啊 把你自己的错推到警察头上
We’ve seen a lot of that lately, haven’t we?
最近都见惯不怪了 不是吗?
Take care now, Arthur! Safe travels.
Arthur 保重! 一路平安
All right, fellas, that’s it for today.
好了 伙计们 今天到此为止
REPORTER: Sir, sir! What did the boy mean by that?
先生 先生! 那孩子说那些话有何用意?
It was March 10th, and I came home from work,
那天是3月10号 我上班回家之后
and my nine year old son, Walter, was gone.
我九岁的儿子Walter失踪了
Captain Jones was acting on information he believed to be correct.
Jones队长根据那些 他认为正确的信息开展行动
Walter Collins had a diastema, also known as a diastema.
Walter Collins牙齿间有缝隙
That child was never in my classroom.
那个孩子从没来过我班上
I can certainly attest to that.
我完全可以作证
STEELE: We rely on our good friends in the police department
我们仰仗警局的朋友
to point to us those people who exhibit behavior
来向我们指明那些行为异常
which is socially unacceptable.
无法为普罗大众所接受的人
CHRISTINE: About four inches shorter than the last mark of Walter.
比上次量Walter时大概矮了四英寸
Well, some of these pictures show
其中一些照片展示了
what Sanford Clark told me,
Sanford Clark告诉我的
that he did in fact help in the murder of these children.
他确实在杀害这些孩子的过程中帮了忙
PROSECUTOR: Thank you, Detective.
谢谢你 侦探
Gentlemen of the jury,
陪审团的先生们
I ask you to take a good look at these images.
我恳请你们仔细看看这些照片
They establish beyond any reasonable doubt
他们毫无疑问地说明了
the circumstances and the nature of these heinous crimes.
这一系列耸人听闻罪案的情况 及其恶劣的性质
I’m in here, Reverend.
我在里面 牧师
When Walter was here, I used to walk by his room
Walter在的时候 我常在他睡着的时候
when he was sleeping.
进他屋里看看
And even though I couldn’t see him or hear him,
即使我没法看见他 没法听见他
I could feel him.
我也能感觉到他
That’s why I don’t think Walter’s dead.
所以我才觉得Walter没死
I can still feel him.
我还能感觉到他的存在
Mrs. Collins… No.
Collins太太 不
I know what the police said.
我知道警方说了些什么
But that place and the remains,
可那个地方 还有那些遗体
they couldn’t be properly identified.
不可能完全辨别出来
And maybe that kid made a mistake when he picked Walter’s picture.
也许那孩子看错了 才挑出Walter的照片
I understand you don’t want to accept this.
你无法接受这个事实 我完全理解
What mother would?
哪个母亲能够接受?
But I think it’s time for you to move on
但我觉得是时候向前看了
and start over for yourself.
开始新的生活
Your son would want you to move on.
你儿子也想你忘记过去
Maybe.
或许吧
Maybe he’d want me to keep looking for him.
或许他想让我一直找他
Maybe he’s somewhere waiting for me.
或许他在别处等着我呢
I believe he is waiting, ma’am.
我相信他在等着呢 夫人
He’s waiting in that place where
他在那个我们某一天
we’ll all go someday to be reunited with our loved ones.
都将会和爱人重聚的地方等着呢
And on that day, he’ll know from front to back, end to end,
而那一天 他会彻头彻尾
heart to soul, that you did everything you could, Mrs. Collins.
完完全全了解你做的每件事 Collins太太
Everything.
每件事
We should go, ma’am.
我们该走了 夫人
One minute.
稍等
This meeting will now come to order.
现在作总结陈词
This committee has now heard all of the testimony,
所有证人都已悉数作证完毕
and, in light of the facts presented,
基于所呈现的事实
we recommend that the suspension of Captain Jones
我们建议将Jones队长
be made permanent.
永久停职
Order! Please. Please.
请保持肃静!
Mr. Foreman,
Foreman先生
has the jury reached a verdict?
陪审团有了决议吗?
We have, Your Honor.
是的 法官大人
Will the defendant please rise?
有请被告起立
Second, that steps be taken to investigate a change
第二点 必须采取行动详细调查
in the prevailing laws and procedures by which a citizen
主要的法律及相关程序
of this city can be subjected to incarceration
不能让这个城市的公民随随便便
in the county’s mental facilities.
就被关进县里的精神病院
You may read the verdict.
请你念一下裁决
“We the jury find the defendant, Gordon Stewart Northcott,
我们陪审团判定被告
“guilty on all counts of murder in the first degree.”
所有谋杀罪名成立且为一级
Finally, restoration of public confidence in the police department
最后 只有通过罢免警察局长
can only be achieved
才能够恢复
by the removal of its chief of police,
公众对于警署的信心
and this committee so recommends.
这也是我们所建议的
This hearing is concluded.
听讼到此结束
Does the defendant wish to make a statement before judgment is passed?
被告在判决生效之前还有话要说吗?
I want to make it real clear
我想澄清的是
that I never once got a fair shake from you,
我从没受到你 法官大人
Your Honor,
和这个法庭的
or from this court.
公平对待
The only one in here worth a good goddamn is her.
这里只有她是好人
‘Cause she’s the only one who never badmouthed me to the press.
因为她是唯一一个从没在 媒体面前对我破口大骂的人
She’s the only one who understands
她是唯一理解
what it is to be framed by the police
被警方冠以莫须有的罪名
for something you didn’t do. All right, that’s enough.
是什么样的感受 行了 够了
And then to just be thrown in the hole,
接着被扔进牢穴
to just rot and to fester and to be forgotten
等着腐烂 溃烂并被大家遗忘
and fade away, isn’t that right? Gordon!
最后消失 是不是这样? Gordon!
JUDGE: Counsel! Isn’t it?
律师! 是吧?
I never killed your boy, Mrs. Collins.
我没杀你的孩子 Collins女士
JUDGE: Counsel, that’s enough! GORDON: I would never do that.
律师 够了! 我不会那样做
I would never hurt Walter.
我不会伤害 Walter
Counsel, get control of your client
律师 看好你的委托人
or I’ll have him bound and gagged!
否则我会绑住他并堵上嘴!
He’s an angel.
他是个天使
COUNSEL: Come on, Gordon. GORDON: Get off of me!
行了 Gordon 放开我!
Now get down.
坐好了
Gordon Stewart Northcott,
Gordon Stewart Northcott
it is the judgment of this court
以下是法庭的裁决
that you be conveyed to San Quentin Prison,
你会被送到 San Quentin监狱
where you’ll be held in solitary confinement for a period of two years,
先处以2年的单独监禁
until October 2, 1930.
直到1930年10月2日
On that date, you will be hanged by the neck until dead.
再加以绞刑处死
May God have mercy on your soul.
愿上帝能宽恕你的灵魂
Is it all right if I have a 10 minute break?
我能休息个10分钟吗?
Of course.
没问题
You know,
你知道
one of these days you might actually consider taking
这几天你应该考虑好好地
one of these 10 minute breaks.
休息10分钟
It might be good for you.
会对你有好处
We’ll see.
也许吧
This is Christine Collins.
我是 Christine Collins
I called yesterday.
昨天打过电话的
I was wondering if you had a chance to look through the files
我想知道你是否已翻阅文件
and see if there was a match to my son, Walter Collins.
发现有和我儿子 Walter Collins 一样的
I see.
我明白了
Well, if it’s all right with you,
嗯 如果你方便的话
I’ll call back in a month. Thank you very much.
我一个月后再回电吧 非常感谢
HAHN: Mrs. Collins. I was just…
Collins 女士 我刚才
Yes, I know.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!