我们是真正的行业
We were a real business.
你要明白这一点
That’s what you got to understand.
我们这种行业
We were goddamn industry…
是这个国家的支柱
the kind that’s the backbone of this country.
不用相信我的话
Don’t take my word for it.
你亲自去停车场看看
Go in the parking lot and look on the license
你那辆崭新的奔驰四五〇的牌照
of that brand-new Mercedes 450 of yours.
喂 你看到了吗
Hey. Are you seeing this?
这位是弗尼斯·克里克
That’s Furnace Creek.
这照片有一百年的历史了
This, uh, picture’s over 100 years old.

Hmm.
看到这个英俊的人了吗
And you see this handsome devil right here?

Uh-huh.
他是我们威尔斯家的先人
He’s a Wells.
好的 我知道你们是矿业公♥司♥
Okay, so, um, I know you’re a mining company,
嗯 – 但我以为…
Mm-hmm. – But I pictured…
具体我也说不清楚
Well, I don’t know what I pictured exactly.
我以为会看到很多小矿车
I guess little… little carts
在铁轨上跑
going down little… little train tracks.
对 – 那你们在这儿是做什么的
Right. – I mean, what is it that you do here?
我们做的是寻找金属
Wh-what we do is we look for the metals
和矿石
and the minerals, all right?
那是勘探部
There’s exploration over there,
那是工程部和生产部
there’s engineering and there’s production, right?
我们是探矿者
We’re prospectors.
还没懂?
Not yet’?
我换个方式解释 – 好吧
Okay, how about this? – Yeah…
我们假设这个
Um… so let’s say that this…
就是地球
is the Earth.
我的手提包?
My handbag?
你的手提包就是大地
Your handbag is Mother Earth
有着埋在深处的奥秘
with all of her deep-filled mysteries
和好东西不愿被人拿走
and goodies on the inside that she does not want to give up.
而我是人类
Me, I’m man,
对大地深处的东西很好奇
and I’m damn curious about what she’s got inside.
于是我就进行钻探
So, I send down what’s called an exploratory drill.
钻到里面找找看
I go down inside and dig around,
找到了什么
come across something.
我取出来一看是镍
I pull it out. It’s nickel.
镍币其实是百分之七十五的铜和百分之二十五的镍
Now, nickel’s actually 75% copper and 25% nickel,
反正世上有很多镍
but there’s a whole lot of nickel in the world,
世界需要镍
and the world needs nickels.
我又回去取出第二份样品
I’m back down there getting my second core sample,
碰巧发现了…
and I happen to pull up, say…

silver.
只要样品里有一点点银
Now, the thing is, when you find a little bit of this,
就意昧着可能有一个大银矿
that means there could be a whole hell of a lot of it.
然后我们开始筹集资金
So we start raising money.
我们筹集足够的钱来开矿
We raise enough money to open a mine
就像照片中的那个矿
like the one in that picture right here.
然后
Then…
我们都开采出来
we dig it all up.
有时候 虽然不是经常 但有时候
Now, sometimes… Not that often, but sometimes…
探矿之神们在天国之门开派对
The prospecting gods are having a party at the Pearly Gates,
而我们又非常幸运的话
and we get real, real, really lucky.
我们在那里挖下去
And we dig down in there,
找到了一种金属 称作
then we find a little metal called…

gold.
是的 – 肯尼
Yes. – Kenny.
喜欢吗
You like it?
我爱你
I love you.
我爱你
I love you.
你♥爸♥找你
Old man wants to see you.
下午好 玛丽安
Afternoon, Marianne.
爸 你找我?
Hey, Pop. Heard you want to see me.
是的 肯尼
Yeah, Kenny.
你过来一下
Get your ass in here, would you?
你在跟找讲讲
Would you, uh, run through this
潘兴县的这个开♥发♥计划
Pershing County strategy again for me?

Right, um…
是关于南部纽蒙特公♥司♥的一个矿区
It’s about this southern part of this Newmont property,
在这里
right here.
纽蒙特公♥司♥只钻了一百四十米深
Now, Newmont just started drilling 140 meters
就发现了大量的菱镁矿
and they’re finding a whole lot of magnesite.
如果你记得 我们依然有瑞利夫峡谷的优先选择权
If you remember, we still own the option on Relief Canyon,
跟他们紧邻 却什么也没找到 为什么呢
which is next door. We’re not finding squat, why?
因为钻的不够深
We’re not drilling deep enough.
让我们回到那里 钻得更深
Let’s get back in there. Drill deeper.
必要的话就钻一百四十米 就能很有机会
Go to 140 if we need to, and we got a damn good chance
在瑞利夫峡谷进行开♥发♥
of getting Relief back in production.
杰利特峡谷呢
What about Jerritt Canyon?
那是你的宝贝
Well, that’s your baby.
你对它的了解比我多得多
You know a hell of a lot more about it than I do.
但化验结果很乐观
But the assays look promising.
可能是个大矿
Could be fucking huge.
我要你亲自负责这事
I want you to run point on this.
全盘负责
All in.
把它做大
Scale it up.
成为你的业绩
Make it yours.

Yes, sir.
克莱夫·科尔曼也赞成
Clive Coleman’s on board.
他们和你一起去
Those boys will ride with you.
我们在这一行业辛苦努力
God, we work hard in this business.
时常一无所获
Sometimes for nothing.
我每天早上醒来 对自己说
I wake up every morning. I tell myself,
干这一行不是苦差事
“I don’t have to do this.
而是我的幸运
I get to do this.”
然后就只是蓝天
And then it’s just blue skies.
蓝天啊
Blue skies, baby.
我的父亲
My old man…
是个传奇
a legend.
这是我最后一次见到他
That was the last time I saw him alive.
来杯醒眼酒吗 肯尼
A little eye-opener, Kenny?
上帝保佑你 罗伊
God bless you, Roy.
好了
Here we are.
为主矿脉干杯 – 主矿脉
Boys, to the mother lode. – Mother lode.
就在今天
Today be the day.
这一地区的地质学报告
The geological reports on this
非常的乐观
are highly encouraging.
我们将开始大规模勘探
We are taking a very aggressive approach.
招股书?当然
Prospectus? Of course.
我可以让秘书马上发给你一份
I can have my secretary send you one right out.
但我要告诉你 这一项目
But I got to tell you, this offering,
己经有太多人认♥购♥了
it’s already over-subscribed.
但下个项目可以给你留一些
You know, we can always try and get you in on the next one.
没事 我理解
No, no. Yea, I understand.
该死的
Shit.
你看时间 己经十一点一刻了 肯尼
Watching the time? It’s 11:15, Kenny.
老天
Oh, Christ.
没有你我可怎么办
Where would I be without you?
威尔斯先生
Mr. Wells?
是我 我是劳埃德·斯坦顿
Yes. Lloyd Stanton.
你好 劳埃德 – 嗨
Hello, Lloyd. Kenny Wells. – Hi.
这是我的同事亨利·安德鲁斯
This is my colleague, Henry Andrews.
很高兴见到你 – 嗨
Pleased to meet you. – Hey.
到后面谈吧 – 好
Come on back. – Absolutely.
谢谢
Thank you.
找我们有什么事
So, what can we do for ya?
我们等克莱夫来了再谈吧
Well, why don’t we wait for Clive?
他正开会 分不开身
Oh, uh, Mr. Coleman got tied up in a meeting.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!