我知道一个地方卖♥♥酒的
I know a local place, a bit more color.
这里不卖♥♥酒吗
What, they’re not pouring here?
好的
Good.
那么
So,
我们在这里谈什么 威尔斯?
what are we talking about here, Wells?
火山地震带 迈克
Ring of Fire, Mike.
火山地震带理论
Ring of Fire.
你在谈我最大的发现
You’re playing my greatest hits.
那个火己经灭了
Fire’s gone out of that one.
何出此言
Well, what are you talking about?
这是一个很有声望的地质学家的观点
It’s the opinion of my fellow esteemed geologists,
我的火山地震带理论用他的话来说
that the whole thing… I’m quoting here…
就是一佗屎
Is a crock of shit.
那也没办法
Well, what the hell, you know?
你搞错了
You called it wrong.
你打算怎么办
What are you going to do?
在这一行 没什么对错
There’s no right or wrong in this business.
只有找到和找不到
There’s only hits and misses.
这里有金子
There’s gold here.
很高兴你这么说 迈克
I’m glad you said that, Mike.
我是真心高兴 因为我
I truly am, ’cause I…
相信你
believe you.
我不想给你泼玲水 但你以为
I hate to dash your hopes, but don’t you think
没有别人抱着同样的想法来找过我吗
others have come along before you with the same thought
而且从衣着看 比你更有钱的人
and, from the looks of it, deeper pockets?
火山地震带是真实存在的 迈克
Ring of Fire is real, Mike.
我第一次听说时就相信
I knew it the first time I heard.
我就像受到电击一般
It struck me like a fucking lightning bolt,
从没忘记当时的感觉
and I never forgot it.
你就笑我吧 经常有人嘲笑我
Go ahead, laugh. I get that all the time.
但你听着
But hear this.
我不只是相信
I don’t just believe.
我是确定
I know.
不会 – 我亲眼见过
No, you don’t. – I’ve seen it.
你不懂
You don’t understand.
没人会资助我 – 我会
No one will back me. – I will.
你只要告诉我应该在哪儿钻探
You tell me where you want to dig, Mikey,
费用我全包
and I’ll make goddamn sure the bills are paid.
恕我直言威尔斯
No offense, Wells, but…
但看你衣着 恐怕机票钱也是靠打劫凑的
you look like you had to rob someone just to get here, man.
你对我一无所知
You know nothing about me.
你确信这里有金子
You know it’s still out there.
这是肯定的
I know that.
从你的眼神能看出来 你仍然相信
I can see it in your eyes. You still believe.
我能理解 我也是生在山脚下
I get it, and I was born on the side of the mountain, too.
我父亲的一切财产
My-my father scratched everything he ever owned
都是他从矿石里一点点挖出来的
out of a fucking rock. All right?
去世时指甲里依然有泥土
Died with dirt under his fingernails,
我也想像他那样
and I intend to do the same.
这一行业
This business…
几年前就把我淘汰了
wrote me off years ago.
而你现在也不是
All right, maybe you’re not running the hottest
在事业巅峰
in your career right now either,
让我们证明他们错了
so let’s prove them wrong.
你和我
You and me.
让我们证明他们都错了
Let’s prove them all fucking wrong.
知道为什么吗
And you know why?
你知道为什么 因为火山地震带理论
You do know why, because the Ring of Fire
是正确的 迈克 你是对的
is right, Mike. You called it.
只是还没有找到它
You just haven’t found it yet.
如果你说我疯了
Tell me I’m crazy.
我马上坐飞机回去
I’ll be on the next plane.
你疯了
You’re crazy.
你有帽子吗 威尔斯?
You have a hat, Wells?
是的 我有帽子
Yeah, I got a hat.
我们要去哪儿吗
Why, we going somewhere?
上游
Up river.
是什么河 迈克
What river is that, Mike?
你迟到了
You’re late.
唯一重要的一条河
The only one that matters.
蒂亚克人在这条河上淘金
The Dayak have been panning this river
有五千多年的历史了
for over 5,000 years.
这就是河名的由来
That’s how it got its name,
Daya Kensana!
Daya Kensana.
是什么意思
What’s it mean?
Daya意思是上游
“Daya” means “upstream.”
Kensana意思是金子
“Kensana” means “gold.”
你就靠一河名?
You got to be shitting me.
威尔斯
Wells. Wells.
我们到了
We’re here.
听着 蒂亚克人是好斗的民族
So, listen, the Dayak are warrior people,
最著名的是蒂亚克
probably best known for Dayak,
即猎取人头
headhunting.
但现在不常有了
But it doesn’t happen much anymore.
他们会以为我们是什么商人
They might be thinking we’re some traders
或者是某人的岳母
or someone’s mother-in-law.
还有多远
How long?
这片丛林会考验你
This jungle will… will test you.
会把你抱起来 搪量你一下
It will hold you up, weigh you,
判断你值多少盎司
and decide your worth within an ounce.
你总是这么说话吗
Do you always talk like this, Mike?
就像录音机一样
Like a book on tape?
可能吧
I suppose I do.
我们去哪?
Where are we going?
向上
Up.
你看
Take a look.
我的天啊
Oh, my God.
这就是我梦里看到的
It’s my dream.
多年来一直有人
There have been a few folks up here
在这里勘探
tapping over the years,
但他们只专注于南部的山麓
but have all focused on the foothills far to the south.
但让我感兴趣的是另一个方向
But what interests me is the other way.
那个小凹陷
That small depression,
就像一个巨人留下的脚印一样
like a giant left a footprint walking away.
那里肯定发生了什么 威尔斯
Something happened there, Wells.
非同寻常的事
Something hot and angry.
我们就去那里寻找宝藏
That’s where we’ll find the tasty bits.
我的梦境
My dream…
金子就在那里
is out there.
这是肯定的
Damn right it is.
如果你考虑的
Look, if it’s the big boys
投资我们的是些大户
that you’re thinking about investing in us…
比如哈佛基金
You know, the Harvard endowment
或者某个退休基金
or some… some pension fund, right?…
那你不该找我
I am not your guy.
但那些散户
But the little guys, right,
你根没听说过的那些人
guys that you don’t even know about,
皮条客小混混
the, uh, the hustlers, the scrappers,
那些能把事情办成的人
the make-it-happen motherfuckers,
就是我要找的人
those are my guys.
我们需要多少钱
How much do we need?
启动资金要七十到七十五万美元
Seven. Seven-fifty to start.
好的
Okay.
但我们需要多少钱?
How much do we need?
不只是租块地这么简单
It isn’t just a lease.
我们是在印尼
We’re in Indonesia.
这意昧着要拿到许可证贿赔官员
That means getting a permit and lining pockets.
需要设备搞挖掘
Equipment. You don’t just do this
不可能只靠铁镐
with a couple of shovels and a pickax.
我会搞到钱的
I’ll get the money.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!