You shall go home soon. Play the game out.
玩完这副牌就让你回家
Wait here, boy.
小孩 在这里等着
Why don’t you cry? Because I don’t want to.
你为什么不哭? 我不会哭的
You do. You’ve been crying and you’re near crying now.
你会 你就要哭了
Long after I had gone to bed that night,
那个夜晚 我躺在床上久久不能入睡
I thought of Estella,
我想起了埃斯特拉
and how common she would consider Joe, a mere blacksmith.
她是怎样看乔的 一名铁匠多普通
I thought how he and my sister were sitting in the kitchen,
姐夫和姐姐正怎样坐在厨房♥
and how Miss Havisham and Estella never sat in a kitchen,
哈维夏姆小姐和埃斯特拉从未坐在厨房♥
but were far above the level of such common things.
同样是人却相差这样远
The following week…
下周…
You’re to come this way today, boy.
走这边来 小孩
Well, I’m sure! What next? The idea!
嗯 我不确定接下来会是什么? 这个主意
Well?
好吗?
Well, Miss? Am I pretty?
嗯 小姐? 我漂亮吗?
Yes, I think you are very pretty.
是的 我想你非常漂亮
Am I insulting?
我无礼吗?
No, not so much so as you were last time.
不 与上次不一样
Not so much so? No.
很无礼吗? 不
There! Take that, you coarse little monster.
现在呢 你这粗俗的小怪物
What do you think of me now? I shan’t tell you.
现在你觉得我怎么样? 我不告诉你
Because you’re going to tell upstairs, is that it?
因为你要在楼上告诉 是吗?
No, that’s not it.
不 不会说的
Why don’t you cry again, you little wretch?
你这小可怜人 你为什么不哭?
I’ll never cry for you again.
我决不会为你而哭
In there, boy.
进去 小孩
Oh!

So the days have worn away, have they?
已过了些日子了 是吗?
Yes, ma’am. Today… There, there.
是的 太太 今天… 好啦 好啦
I know nothing of days of the week, nothing of weeks of the year.
我对一周几日 或者一年几周一无所知
Do you know what that is?
你知道那是什么吗?
There? I can’t guess what it is, ma’am.
那里? 我猜不出它是什么 太太
It’s a great cake. A bride-cake.
它是一块大蛋糕 一块新娘蛋糕
Mine.
我的
On this day of the year, long before you were born,
在你出生以前 这一年的今天
this heap of decay was brought here.
那堆腐坏的东西被带这里
It and I have worn away together.
它和我已经一同腐朽了
Mice have gnawed at it.
老鼠已经咬噬它
And sharper teeth than teeth of mice have gnawed at me.
而比它们更锋利的牙已经在我咬
There, there.
好啦 好啦
Walk me.
走吧
Walk me! Walk me!
走吧 散步去
Dear Miss Havisham.
亲爱的哈维夏姆小姐
Good morning, Miss Havisham.
早安 哈维夏姆小姐
How well you look. I do not look well, Sarah Pocket.
你看起来多么好 我看起来不好 莎拉博盖特
I am yellow skin and bone.
我又黄又瘦
Those, Pip, are my relations,
匹普 他们都是我的亲戚
the Pockets.
博盖特一家
They are very particularly interested in my health.
他们对我的健康方面特别感兴趣
So, once a year, on my birthday,
每年我的生日
I summon them to visit me.
他们来探望我
Many ha… There!
人很多… 好啦
Pip, my dear, run into the garden and play.
匹普 亲爱的 到花♥园♥去玩吧
Estella will tell you when to come back.
埃斯特拉会告诉你何时回来
Yes, ma’am.
好的 太太
Hello, young fellow!
喂 小伙子
Hello. Who gave you leave to prowl about?
你好 谁允许你在这儿乱逛?
Miss Estella.
埃斯特拉小姐
Come and fight.
来打一架吧
Oh, stop a minute, though. I ought to give you a reason for fighting, too.
哦 不给你个借口 你动不了手
There it is. Come on.
好借口 来吧
Are you satisfied with the ground? Quite satisfied, thank you.
你对这个场地满意吗? 相当满意 谢谢
Good.
好的
Ready? Ready.
准备好了? 好了
That means you’ve won.
看来你赢了
Can I help you?
没伤哪儿吧?
No, thankee. I’m quite all right.
没 谢谢 我没事
Good afternoon, then. Same to you.
下午好 彼此彼此
Boy!
小孩
Boy!
小孩
Yes, Miss?
来了 小姐?
You may kiss me, if you like.
如果你喜欢 你可以吻我
Now you are to go home.
现在你要回家
Three months later, my sister became ill
三个月之后 我的姐姐病世了
and was laid to rest in the churchyard on the marshes.
她被葬在沼泽处的墓地
The occasion was marked for me, not so much by the passing of Mrs. Joe,
乔太太的过逝 对我没太久的影响
as by the arrival of Biddy.
因为比迪来了
Very soon she became a trusted friend to both of us
不久 我们就成了朋友
and a blessing to the household.
这也是对家庭的一个祝福
Biddy, I want you to help me.
比迪 我想你帮我
Don’t I help you, Pip?
我没帮你吗 匹普?
Oh, yes, you help me a lot with my letters and figures,
噢 是的 你帮助我识字计算
but this is a secret.
但这是一个秘密
Oh, what is it?
哦 是什么?
Biddy. Yes?
比迪 是什么?
Biddy, I want to be a gentleman. A gentleman?
我想做个绅士 一个绅士?
Oh, I wouldn’t if I was you, Pip. I don’t think it would answer.
如果我是你我不想 匹普 我不认为这是答案
Biddy, I have a particular reason for wanting to be a gentleman.
比迪 我想做绅士有一个特别的原因
Well, you know best, Pip, but don’t you think you’re happy as you are?
但是 你最好要明白 匹普 你不认为你现在更快乐吗?
I’m not happy as I am. I’m coarse and common.
我不快乐 我粗俗和普通
Coarse and common, are you, Pip? Who said so?
你粗俗和普通? 匹普 谁这样说?
The beautiful young lady at Miss Havisham’s.
哈维夏姆小姐家的美丽而年轻的女士
And I want to be a gentleman on her account.
并且我想为了她做一个绅士
Whom have we here? A boy.
谁来我们这里? 一个男孩
A boy of the neighborhood, hey? Yes, sir.
邻家的 是吗? 是的 先生
How do you come here? Miss Havisham sent for me, sir.
你怎样来这里? 哈维夏姆小姐请我 先生
Well, behave yourself. I have a pretty large experience of boys
很好地守规矩 我有当男孩的经验
and you’re a bad lot of fellows.
你有一些不好的伙伴
Mind you behave yourself. Yes, sir.
现在可要守规矩 是的 先生
Take this in there, boy. Yes, Miss.
带着这个 小孩 好的 小姐
From this moment, I entered upon the occupation
从这一刻起 我开始了
of pushing Miss Havisham in her chair.
用椅子推哈维夏姆小姐的职业
As we began to be more used to one another,
我们变得彼此习惯
Miss Havisham talked more to me and asked me such questions
哈维夏姆小姐问我学什么
as what I’d learnt and what I was going to be.
和我将来要干什么等问题
Estella was always there, and always let me in and out,
埃斯特拉总呆在那里看我出入
but never told me I might kiss her again.
从不表明我可否再次吻她
Sometimes she would coldly tolerate me.
有时她冷淡我
Other times, she told me energetically…
有时她又热情地和我说话…
I hate you!
我讨厌你
My admiration of her knew no bounds
我赞赏她没有止境
and scarce a night went by
几乎每一个夜晚我都无法入睡
without falling asleep with the image of her pretty face before my eyes.
因为她脸轮就在我的眼睛前
One day…
一天…
Does she grow prettier and prettier, Pip?
她越来越漂亮了是吗? 匹普
Yes, Miss Havisham.
是的 哈维夏姆小姐
There, there.
好啦 好啦
That’s all till next time.
到此吧
Miss Havisham, I can’t come next time.
哈维夏姆小姐 我下次不能来
This is sad news, Pip. Why not?
那是悲哀的消息 匹普 为什么不?
Tomorrow is my birthday and I’m fourteen.
明天是我生日 我十四岁了
And you start your apprenticeship with the blacksmith, do you not?
你要跟铁匠学徒啦 是吗?
Yes, Miss Havisham.
是的 哈维夏姆小姐
Why so glum, Pip?
为何如此忧郁 匹普?
Are you not excited by your new venture?
对新的生活没兴趣?
I used to think I would be, but I’m not now.
过去是这么认为的 但现在不了
Pip…
匹普…
here are some golden sovereigns.
这是一些金币
A gift from me. Thank you, Miss Havisham.
是我的礼物 谢谢你 哈维夏姆小姐
Do with them what you please. You’ve earned them well.
用它去做你想做的事吧 你会赚很多金币的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!