小声点
I have a boy in my room she’d spontaneously combust.
被我妈发现♥房♥♥里有男生 她会气死
I’m trying to settle what to wear for your interview.
我在想该穿甚么去帮妳面试
Navy suit, white blouse and sensible shoes.
水手裙、白上衣、端庄的鞋
You don’t think something a little hotter?
不想穿辣一点?
It’s an interview…
这是面试…
You’re joking. – At least now you can tell.
你在开玩笑 –至少妳听懂了
I’ve been thinking. While we’re like this –
我在想 照我们目前状况
I wonder if it would make sense if…
要不要一起去校友舞会?
we could go to the Homecoming dance together.
要不要一起去校友舞会?
Not only because, well, who else would we go with? I don’t wanna be
不然要找谁当舞伴?
stuck with P. the whole night.
我不想跟一票书呆子泡整晚
It wouldn’t be a date. – No, no, no.
不是约会 –对,不是
I’d like that. – Great. It’s a date.
可以啊 –好,就这么约定
A non-date date.
不是那种约会
Nell, wash hands! Dinner!
妮尔,洗手吃饭了
My cue to go.
我该走了
Non-date date.
不是那种约会
It’s alright! I’m OK!
没事,我还好
I will be kinda late tomorrow.
我明天会晚回来
Kind of.
「晚一点」
Kind of late tomorrow.
明天会晚一点回来
What is with you at the moment? Ted?
妳最近在忙甚么? 泰德?
Sometimes I feel as though I don’t know who you are anymore.
有时候我觉得都不认识妳了
She’s growing up, Katherine.
她长大了,凯瑟琳
So, are you going to tell me what you’re doing or is it a secret?
想告诉我吗?或者是秘密?
It’s no secret, I’m studying with Woody.
不是秘密,我要跟伍迪念书
Again?
又是他?
Yeah, you’ve got a problem with that? No.
对,妳有意见吗? 没有
If you want to waste your valuable time it’s your affair.
要浪费宝贵时间,那是妳的事
Who says I’m wasting my time?
谁说我在浪费时间?
Oh Nell, you only have to look at the boy.
妮尔 妳看看那个孩子
What’s wrong with him?
他怎么样?
He’s stupid, he’s trouble and he’s a loser.
他又笨又惹麻烦,是个废物
You told me so yourself.
妳自己跟我说的
There’s nothing you can do to change that. Look at his family.
改变不了的,妳看看他那个家
You’re up against basic genetics.
遗传是改不了的
Hi, Mr Bedworth.
嗨,贝先生
Is Nell around?
妮尔在吗?
She’s gone back to school, i think, son, she said…
她好像又回学校了 说要再念点书
she had to do some extra studying. She has
她明天要去耶鲁面试
her interview with Yale tomorrow.
她明天要去耶鲁面试
Ok. Well. Thanks.
谢谢
So, how have you been, Mr. Bedworth? – I’m fine, Woody, just fine.
贝先生,你最近好吗? –我很好,伍迪,很好
Well, give my best to your wife. – I will do. – Bye.
那就好 请问候你太太 –我会的 再见
What are you trying to do?
你想干甚么?
Stop, you’re gonna hurt yourself! – Back off!
好了,你会伤到自己 – 走开
Why are you doing this?
你干嘛这样?
Because this is who I am.
因为这就是我
This is all I’ve ever been.
我一直就是这样子
And now not even that.
现在连这个我都没了
Football’s not who you are.
足球不是你
You don’t get it, do you?
你就是不懂,对吗?
People like you never do. – People like me?
你们这种人永远不懂 –我这种人?
What exactly is it people like me don’t get?
我这种人不懂甚么事?
People like me!
「我」这种人
Then educate me, please!
那你教我啊
Ok.

We like to play ball. Maybe we’re even pretty good at it.
我们喜欢打球 也许因为我们很会打
So, maybe we get accepted to some second rate shit kicker college –
也许我们只能念二流烂大学
or maybe we go work with our dad at the spatula store. Who knows?
或只能跟老爸去五金行工作 谁知道?
But what we don’t get is a great job, a big apartment in the city –
我们绝对不会有好工作 在城里的大公♥寓♥
and a Yale education.
念耶鲁名校
So that’s what this is about. The interview? – No!
是因为这个?因为面试? –不是
Yes. I don’t know!
是 我不知道
It’s OK to be nervous. – Nothing is OK. Nothing!
紧张没关系 –当然有关系
Tomorrow I’m supposed to be playing the most important game of my life.
明天我要打一场 此生最重要的球赛
This is my destiny. Mine!
那是我的命运
I’m not supposed to be attending some college interview.
我的命运 我♥干♥嘛要去甚么大学面试
So we got the wrong lives. But sometimes you just gotta get on with life.
我们的生活颠倒了 有时候只能继续走下去
Let things fall into place.
让一切顺其自然
Do me a favour.
帮个忙
Save your inspirational speeches for someone who gives a damn.
你那套激励的演说留给爱听的人
I know who I am.
我知道自己是谁
I’m a loser, I’m trouble and I’m stupid. Basic genetics.
我是个废物,又笨又会惹麻烦 这是遗传
Can’t help it.
没办法
Funny. I never took you for a quitter.
真好笑 我不知道你这么容易认输
Fefe Dobson: Be Strong
(耶鲁大学)
You can go in.
妳可以进去了
Miss Bedworth? – Yes, Nell.
贝小姐? –是,我叫妮尔
Please take a seat.
请坐
One of the qualities we hope for in any Yale student is their passion.
妮尔 我们希望耶鲁学生 都具备的一种特质是热情
Your turn papers and test results are exemplary.
妳的入学数据和成绩都很优秀
But your love and knowledge of literature…
妳对文学的热爱和见解
is rare in a person of your years.
在妳的年纪也很罕见
Thank you, but it’s an important part of my life.
谢谢,那是我生活很重要的部分
Go on.
请继续
Poetry, for instance –
例如诗歌♥
I like the way that it can articulate and express feelings –
我喜欢诗歌♥是因为它能清楚传达
complicated and difficult feelings that you can’t express literally.
用文字无法表达的复杂情感
What about modern literature?
现代文学呢?
Are there any contemporary writers and poets that you particularly admire?
妳有特别喜欢 哪位当代作家或诗人吗?
No. Not really.
应该没有
Oh. Why is that?
为什么呢?
Because they suck? – Oh.
因为都很烂 –喔?
Welcome everybody to Homecoming, the biggest game of the year.
欢迎大家光临校友会 今年最重要的赛事
Surely if poetry is no longer relevant –
若诗歌♥不能切合时代
poets and their art form are doomed to extinction.
诗人及其艺术形式注定要死灭?
I think that will be all.
我想到此为止了
Actually, I do like some modern poets.
我是喜欢一些现代诗人
In fact I love them.
非常喜爱
50 Cent, Pete Pablo, Marshal Mathers.
五角、派帝帕洛、超级大痞子
I don’t think I’m familiar with their works.
我不太熟悉他们的作品
Well, they’re rap artists.
他们是饶舌艺人
And you consider that to be poetry?
妳认为那是诗?
Absolutely. It’s urban poetry, sir.
当然,那是都市之诗,先生
They talk about their lives and experiences. They can be very brutal –
他们写他们的生活、经历 有时候很暴♥力♥
but often under a coat of humour. Dark humour. Here, check it out.
但里面都有幽默,黑色幽默 你听听看
Applauds for the home theme. The Westdale Bay Beavers!
掌声欢迎地主队 威斯戴湾海狸队
That’s my boy!
那是我儿子
Applauds for the quarterback, Woody Deanne!
掌声欢迎他们的四分卫狄伍迪!
Woody Deanne!
那是我儿子
That’s my boy!
那是我儿子
Wait!
等等
Here we go!
开始
Number 83, Johnny Chancer.
海狸队83号♥钱钱宁在十码线
海狸的球,海狸的球
海狸得到30码线的第一次进攻
阻挡82号♥
Hey you, leave him alone or I’ll sock you around!
你敢碰他,不然我扁你
Touchdown for The Razorbacks, folks!
野猪队达阵
他们大概在准备庆功宴了
第四次10码球,防守组
Touchdown for The Razorbacks.
野猪队又达阵 (地主队:0,客队:14)
As they take the lead, 14-0, early in the fourth quarter.
他们的球,领先14分
There’s still time folks, as Woody Deanne takes the play.
第四轮进攻才开始,还有时间
但狄伍迪真的得好好表现
好,时间还有,还有机会
来,加油
12th yard loss. This is really unusual, folks.
在12码失球 伍迪又失误了,很不寻常
You just messed with the wrong girl.
来啊 老兄,别惹毛小姐我!
Hi Nell. I didn’t know football was your bag.
嗨,妮尔 我不知道妳喜欢足球
I just came to cheer the team.
只是来给球队加油
We’re not doing too good.
我们情况不太好

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!