Here’s your shoe…
给你外套
there’s your coat…
给你走的机会
and there’s the door.
希尼 我不做这种事的
Sidney, I don’t do this sort of thing.
-哪种事 -就是这种事
-What sort of thing? -This sort of thing!
你需要他帮忙 对不对
You need him for a favor, don’t you?
我也需要 我今晚就得搞定他的专栏
Well, so do I. I need his column tonight.
你不是让我帮你保住工作吗
Didn’t you ask me to do somethin’ about your job?
你不得供你孩子上军校吗
Don’t you have a kid in military school?
你这条毒蛇 法科
You’re a snake, Falco.
卑鄙…卑鄙至极
You’re a louse… a real louse.
亲爱的 他是要帮你的
Honey, he’s gonna help ya!
如何
Huh?
要喝多少杯酒…
How many drinks does it take…
才能让你进入状态
to put you in that tropical-island mood?
哈瓦那 我们在那见过的
Havana… that’s where we met!
敬你的专栏
Here’s mud in your column.
祝你俩都顺利
Blessings on thee, the both.
我得走了 回见
Well, gotta run. See you kids later.
可得快去快回
Mmm. Hurry back.
别让那些我都不会做的事…
Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do…
那也够你们共度良宵了
and that gives you a lot of leeway.
是棕榈泉
Palm Springs.
两年前
Two years ago.
别告诉希尼
Don’t tell Sidney.
喂 杰哥 我是希尼
Hello, J. J? Sidney.
杰哥
J. J?
是 希尼
Yes, Sidney.
你听上去挺开心 我这么不开心 你干嘛开心
You sound happy, Sidney. Why should you be happy when I’m not?
毕加索的名字怎么拼 一个S还是两个S
How do you spell Picasso, the painter? One S or two?
两个
Two.
听说他跟三只眼的女人约会
He goes out with three-eyed girls.
顺便提下”罗巴德” 就好了
You know, it’d be nice if you mentioned R-O-B-A-R-D.
是他的爵士俱乐部 开业20周年
Robard’s Jazz Joint. It’s his 20th anniversary.
别舍不得给我这版面 杰哥 我欠他很大人情
Now, don’t begrudge it to me, J.J. I owe him a lot of favors.
我想告诉你 达拉斯已经被修理了
I think you understand that the Dallas skull is badly dented.
被狠狠地修理
Oh, yeah, very bad.
从今天起 你就可将他玩弄于股掌之中了
Starting today, you can play marbles with his eyeballs.
别对我吝啬了 杰哥 记得提罗巴德
Now, don’t begrudge it to me, J.J. Mention Robard.
-罗…-看到时结果如何吧 希尼
-R-O… -We shall see what we shall see, Sidney.
希尼 别再打这个电♥话♥
And Sidney, don’t use this phone anymore.
我妹妹很紧张
I have a nervous sister.
-来买♥♥报纸啊 -号♥外
-Get your paper here. -Record.
谢谢 来买♥♥报纸啊 看新闻啊
Thank you. Get your paper here. Read all about it.
来买♥♥报纸啊 看新闻啊
Get your paper here. Read all about it.
看新闻啊 来买♥♥报纸啊
Read all about it. Get your paper here.
撤消我做不了主 卡明斯先生
I have no power to retract, Mr. Cummings.
我只是汉塞克先生的秘书
I’m only Mr. Hunsecker’s secretary.
我本身也不赞成撤销这件事
No, nor do I agree that any retraction is necessary.
谢谢您来电
Thank you for calling.
我没看出这些报纸有哪里好笑的
I fail to see what’s amusing about these papers.
-我让老板签个字 -很重要
-I’ll get the boss to sign them. -They’re important.
你都说六遍了 所以我才笑
You’ve said that six times. That’s why I’m smiling.
喂 玛丽 亲爱的 今天你在忙什么呢
Hello, Mary, me darlin’. And what are you up to today?
这一般都是我平时问你的
That’s a question I usually like to ask you.
-你的秘书来过电♥话♥ -什么事
-Your secretary phoned. -About what?
有个叫弗兰克·德安杰罗的 想联♥系♥上你
Something about a Frank D’Angelo trying to reach you.
他不是苏茜男朋友的经纪人吗
Is, um, that the man who manages Susie’s boyfriend?
-嗯…-这个你看了没
-Mm-hmm. -Have you seen this?
奥蒂斯今天的专栏
Otis Elwell’s column today?
“梦幻般的大♥麻♥烟雾缭绕…
“The dreamy marijuana smoke…
那个担任爵士乐队首席的年轻人
of a lad who heads a highbrow jazz quintet…
身上有种奇怪的气味…
is giving an inelegant odor…
他在一间高档东区俱乐部演出
to that elegant East Side club where he works.
这可不是执政党成员该有的举止
That’s no way for a card-holding Party member to act.
莫斯科不会喜欢的 花♥花♥公♥子♥”
Moscow won’t like it, you naughty boy.”
希尼·法科办公室
Sidney Falco office.
-喂 莎莉 我收到你信息了 -希尼…
-Hello, Sally? I got your message. -Sidney…
如果德安杰罗来电♥话♥ 告诉他我中午回去 再见
If D’Angelo calls, tell him I’ll be back at the office around noon. Bye.
-要谈那男孩的事 -达拉斯 有可能
-Could this be that boy? -Dallas? Could be.
我觉得不像是瞎说啊
Doesn’t look like a flyer to me.
如果是真的 杰哥可要气得砸天花板了
If it’s true, J.J.’s gonna hit the ceiling.
他那天花板每隔几周就被砸得要修一回
Can it be news to you that J.J.’s ceiling needs
这还算新闻吗
a new plaster job every six weeks?
希尼
Sidney.
杰哥不喜欢别人 提前看专栏的校样
You know, J.J. doesn’t like people who look at the column proof in advance.
玛丽 亲爱的 我可不是什么”别人”
Mary, my darlin’, I’m not “people.”
专栏里每个字 都凝结着我的血汗
There’s Falco blood, sweat, and tears in that column.
今晚共进晚餐如何
How ’bout dinner tonight?
又想贿赂我
Bribing me again?
我对你一往情深 怎么能是贿赂
Now, why should I bribe the woman that holds most of my heart?
你真是个无赖 希尼
You’re a real rascal, Sidney.
你很会讨人欢心…
You’re an amusing boy…
但心里对人 毫无尊重之意
but you haven’t got a drop of respect in you for anything alive.
你脑子只想着…
You’re so immersed…
怎么轻松赚大钱
in a theology of making a fast buck.
尽管有时我觉得你有更大的野心
Not that I don’t sometimes feel that you yearn for something better.
玛丽 你就别说教了
Mary, don’t try and sell me the Brooklyn Bridge.
我知道自己的分量
I happen to know it belongs to the Dodgers.
我不介意你提前看专栏
Oh, I don’t mind you looking at the column in advance,
只要别让杰哥发现
so long as J.J. doesn’t know.
只是别像个 偷售货机糖果的小男孩一样
But don’t do it like a little boy stealing gum from a slot machine.
谁把滑稽演员这段 加进去的
Who put this item in about the comic?
就算皇宫酒店俱乐部里还有比赫尔比·坦普
“If there’s a more hilarious funnyman around
更有趣的人
than Herbie Temple at the Palace…
也请诸位原谅我们没听见他的名字
you’ll have to pardon us for not catching the name.
因为我们都忙着大声喝彩
We were too busy screaming.”
这个坦普有经纪人吗
Does this Temple have a press agent?
没有 只是杰哥偶尔关照他一下
No. Just one of J.J.’s occasional beaux gestes.
显然这家伙真的会搞笑 所以杰哥捧了捧他
Evidently the fellow’s funny, so he gave him a plug.
你喜欢巧克力怎么包装
What’s your favorite ribbon for your favorite chocolate?
等到圣诞节吧 那时再送礼不迟
Let’s wait till Christmas. It’s more legitimate then.
-嘿 -赫尔比·坦普上台了吗
-Hey! -Herbie Temple onstage yet?
上了 你现在不能进去
Yeah, but you can’t go in there now.
我说”菲戈 我又不是卖♥♥鸡蛋
I said, “Figo, I’m not sellin’ya a dozen eggs.
而是赫尔比·坦普 所以你不用念叨”
I’m sellin’ ya Herbie Temple, so don’t give me any of your lip.”
-你好啊 艾尔 -你们俩怎么认识了
-Hi, Al. -Since when did you two get acquainted?
-你好吗 坦普先生 -幸…幸会
-How do you do, Mr. Temple? -D-D-Delighted.
-我是希尼·法科 -很…很高兴认识你
-I’m Sidney Falco. -Oh. D-D-De-I’m glad to know you.
当心啊 赫尔比 他是媒体经纪人
Watch out for this guy, Herbie. He’s a press agent.
你才要当心他 艾尔 我是结巴
You watch out for him, Al. I stutter.
我看了你前晚的表演…
Uh, I caught your act the other night, and…
第一场还是第二场
On the first or second bounce?
我只想表达一下仰慕之情
And I just wanted to tell you how great you were.
好的 几点了 艾尔
Well, that’s fine. What time is it, Al?
还有10分钟
Oh. You got 10 minutes yet.
法科 我不想惹你 但我们很忙
Look, Falco, I hate to bother ya, but we’re kinda busy.
没关系 我也有点忙
It’s all right. I’m a little busy myself.
我也很忙 不用联♥系♥我们 我们会联♥系♥你
I’m busy too. Don’t call us. We’ll call you.
我可以冒昧地问个问题吗 绝无恶意
You mind if I ask an impertinent question, with no criticism intended?
当然 艾尔 我知道你是拿钱做事的…
Of course, Al, I know you earn your 10 percent…
但你是怎么在没有媒体帮忙炒作下…
but how can you let a sock act like Herbie Temple…
让赫尔比·坦普这种小丑大红大紫的
tiptoe through town without a publicity build?
我们不买♥♥账 法科 别忽悠了
We’re not buying it, Falco. No fish today.
我没自我推销 只是好奇 仅此而已
I’m not selling any. I’m just curious, that’s all.
可要快点回答 不然他一连串问题等着呢
Answer his question fast, will ya? Before he asks ya five more.
坦普先生不相信经纪人那套 这回答你满意吗
Mr. Temple don’t believe in press agents. Does that answer you something?
把手拿开 混♥蛋♥
Take your hands off me, lump!
没人相信媒体经纪人 坦普…
Look, nobody believes in a press agent, Temple…
如果他没用的话
if, uh, if he makes claims he can’t produce.
我不是来尝试推销或者兜售什么

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!