先生 我的委托人 很诚心诚意的
Sir, my client has answered
回答了这委员会每一个问题
this committee’s questions with sincerity.
他虽有权引用
He hasn’t taken
但他并没有用 宪法第五修正案来回避
the Fifth Amendment
为了公平起见
so this statement
我们认为这篇声明该被听到
should be heard!
不 我允许柯里昂先生 读出他的声明
No, I’ll allow Mr. Corleone to read his statement.
我会把它列入记录
I’ll put it in the record.
为了希望澄清我家庭的名声
In the hopes of clearing my family name
怀着真挚的愿望想给我的孩子
to give my children their
公平的享受一个美国式的生活
share of the American way of life
使他们的姓氏和背景 不用背负恶名
without a blemish on their name and background
我出席这委员会 并尽可能的合作
I have appeared before this committee and given it all my cooperation.
我必须否认我是罪犯 那对我而言是极为不荣誉
I consider it a great personal dishonour to have to deny that I am a criminal.
我希望以下几点列入记录中
I wish to have the following noted for the record:
在第二次世界大战时
That I served my country faithfully
我忠心及荣耀的 为我的国家服务
in World War Two and was awarded
我因保卫我国家的行动
the Navy Cross for actions
而获颁海军十字勋章
in defence of my country.
我从来没有因任何罪名 被捕或定罪
That I have never been arrested or indicted for any crime.
没有任何证据 使我牵连到犯罪阴谋中
That no proof linking me to any criminal conspiracy
不管是黑♥手♥党♥或是同乡帮
whether it is called Mafia or Cosa Nostra
或任何你们想加诸于我的 众所皆知的罪名
or any other name has ever been made public.
虽然有权利这么做
I have not taken refuge behind the Fifth Amendment
但我并未以第五修正案 作护身符
although I may do so.
我向这委员会挑战
I challenge this committee
请他们提出任何 不利于我的人证或物证
to produce any witness or evidence against me
若是他们无法提出
and if they do not
我希望他们以相同情况
I hope they will have the decency
在大众面前洗清我的名声
to clear my name with the same publicity
他们现在已完全的 破坏了我的名声
with which they have besmirched it.
柯里昂先生 我确信我们 都留下了深刻的印象
I’m sure we’re all quite impressed.
尤其是你对国家的爱
Particularly with your love for our country.
委员会暂停到下周一上午十点
We’ll be in recess until 10 a.m. Monday
那时候本会将提出证人
when we will produce a witness
以确定今天对你提出的控诉
who’ll corroborate the charges against you.
当时候到了 柯里昂先生
And at which time Mr.Corleone.
你非常可能会被证明有罪
you may very well be subject to indictment for perjury.
我提醒你 你必须随传随到 柯里昂先生 休会
I remind you that you’re still under subpoena.Adjourned!
十比一 十比一的机会 你说的
Ten-to-one shot, you said.
十比一的机会
Ten-to-one shot
他会采用第五修正案 而我输了
He would take the Fifth, and I lose.
你听起来像是我的赌马经纪人
You sound like my bookie.
我欠那傢伙一条命
I owe that monkey my life.
你最好是好好睡一觉
Well, just get a good night’s sleep.
是 好好的睡
Yeah.
明天是大日子
You’ve got a big day tomorrow.
给你买♥♥了新西装 新衬衫和新领带
I’ve got you a new suit, new shirt, new tie.
明天我会亲自给你刮胡子
I’ll shave you myself in the morning.
在你五千万名美国同胞面前
You’ll look respectable for 50 million
你会看起来很体面
of your fellow Americans.
我的命 我的命在明天之后 就一文不值了
Tomorrow… My life won’t be worth a nickel after tomorrow.
得了吧!我看过了 看了19遍了
Come on! I saw this 19 times.
你的家很漂亮 法兰克
You’ve got a great home here
你的余生 没人能接近你
for the rest of your life.Nobody gets near you
你那里都不能去
you’re not going anywhere.
那好极了 美极了
That’s great. Beautiful.
我做的好交易
Some deal I made.
你会活的像国王 你会是位英雄
You’ll live like a king. You’ll be a hero.
你在这里会比多数 在外面的人要活的好
You’ll live better here than most people outside.
好一个交易
Some deal!
潘坦居利还活着!
Alive. Pentangeli is alive.
他们怎会找上他的?
How did they get their hands on him?
罗斯 是他设计的 麦克
Roth. He engineered it, Michael.
法兰克想和罗萨多兄弟谈条件
When Frankie went to make a deal with the Rosato brothers
结果他们想杀了他
they tried to kill him.
他以为是你出♥卖♥♥♥了他
He thought you double-crossed him.
我们在纽约的人说 他已经半死了
Our people with the detectives said he was half dead
吓得全身僵硬 大声说你出♥卖♥♥♥了他
scared,and shouted that you’d turned on him.
他们早就控制他了
They already had him on possession
做假帐、一级谋杀 还有很多罪名
bookmaking, murder one and more.
联邦调查局把他看的很紧
The FBI has him airtight.
留在一个陆军基地里 24小时保护
He’s on an army base, 24 hour guards.
我们想接近他是不可能的
We can’t get to him.
你使自己犯下五项伪证罪
You’ve opened yourself to five counts of perjury.
弗雷多呢?他知道什么?
What about Fredo? What does he know?
他说他什么都不知道
He says he doesn’t know anything
我相信他
and I believe him.
罗斯!他这一次耍的够漂亮
Roth, he… played this one beautifully.
我要和弗雷多谈谈
I’m going to talk to Fredo.
我没有什么好说的 麦克
I haven’t got a lot to say, Mike.
我们有时间
We have time.
我被蒙在鼓里
I was kept pretty much in the dark.
我晓得的并不多
I didn’t know all that much.
现在呢?
What about now?
有没有什么你知道的 可以帮助我?
Is there anything you can help me out with? Anything you can tell me now?
他们掌握了潘坦居利 我只能告诉你这个
They’ve got Pentangeli.
我并不晓得会是暗♥杀♥ 麦克
I didn’t know it was going to be a hit, Mike.
我对天发誓我不晓得会是暗♥杀♥
I swear to God I didn’t know.
强尼欧拉跑来找我
Johnny Ola bumped into me
在比佛利山
in Beverly Hills.
他说 他想谈谈
He said that he wanted to talk.
他说你和罗斯 在合作做宗大买♥♥卖♥♥
He said that you and Roth were in on a big deal together.
但若我能帮忙 就算我一份
And that there was something in it for me if I could help him out.
他说 他说你在协调上 态度很强硬
He said that you were being tough on the negotiations
但若他们能有点协助
but if they could get a little help
能很快的完成这笔买♥♥卖♥♥
and close the deal fast
那会对家族有益
it would be good for the family.
你相信他说的鬼话?
And you believed that story?
你相信那个?
You believed that?
他说算我一份
He said there was something in it for me
-我自己的! -我一向都照料你
-on my own! -I’ve always taken care of you, Fredo.
照料我?
Taken care of me?!
你是我弟弟 你照料我?
You’re my kid brother!You take care of me?
你想过那一点吗?
Did you ever think about that?
你曾想过那一点吗?
Did you ever once think about that?
叫弗雷多去办这个
Send Fredo off to do this
叫弗雷多去办那个
send Fredo off to do that!
让弗雷多打理 某处的无名夜♥总♥会♥
Let Fredo take care of some Mickey Mouse nightclub somewhere.
叫弗雷多去机场接某个人
Let Fredo fetch somebody at the airport!
我是你哥哥 麦克
I’m your older brother
而我却被你踏在脚下
but was stepped over!
-那是爸爸的意思 -但那不是我要的
– It’s the way Pop wanted it.- It’s not the way I wanted it!
我能处理事情 我够精明
I can handle things, I’m smart!
不像是每个人所说的我很笨
Not like everybody says.
我很精明 我要被尊重
Like dumb. I’m smart and I want respect!
对这件调查 你能告诉我什么吗?
Is there anything you can tell me about this investigation?
任何一点点?
Anything more?
他们所选用的律师奎斯特 是罗斯的人
The senate lawyer, Questadt… He belongs to Roth.
弗雷多
Fredo…
现在你对我什么也不是?
…you’re nothing to me now.
你不是哥哥 也不是朋友
Not a brother, not a friend.
我不想知道你及你的所作所为
I don’t want to know you, or what you do.
我不想看见你在旅馆中
I don’t want to see you at the hotels.
我不想你接近我的房♥子
I don’t want you near my house.
当你要见母亲时 先通知我 好让我避开
When you see our mother, I want to know in advance, so I won’t be there.
了解吗?
You understand?
麦克
Mikey.
在家母还活着的时候 我不要他发生任何事
I don’t want anything to happen to him while my mother’s alive.
这里比球赛的人还要多
There’s more people than at a ballgame in here.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!