I just want to say something
说两句
’bout Uncle Abram.
他是个好人
He was a good man
我们小时候起 他就一直照顾我们
and he always looked out for us, ever since we were little.
愿上帝爱他
God love him.
保佑他 接纳他
God bless him. God keep him.
阿门
Amen.
先别放手
Wait till the end.
贝斯
Hey, Bass?
不用 不用
No, no, no…
大热天 休息一下没什么
No shame in taking respite from the heat,
喝点东西 避避暑
drink, shade.
对旅行者不该这么好 但对朋友就另当别论
It’s ungodly for travelers. Hearty, or otherwise.
-笑什么 -艾普斯 我是来完成手头工作的
– What’s funny ? – Epps, I’m here to finish the work at hand.
根据你的要求和报酬
As requested and as paid for.
谁招惹你了
Something rubs you wrongly.
现在给你个机会说出来
I offer you the opportunity to speak off.
你大方地问 那我也大方地回答你
Well. You ask plainly, so I will tell you plainly.
刚才我觉得好笑的是…
What amused me just then, was…
你关心我在烈日下的状况
your concern for my well being in this heat,
而说实话…
when quite frankly,
你的那些劳工们…
the conditions of your labours…
-我的劳工们怎么了 -他们很辛苦
– The condition of my labour? – It is hard!
-你说什么 -艾普斯先生 这是不对的
– What the hell? – It’s all wrong. All wrong, Mr. Epps.
他们不是我雇来帮忙的
They ain’t hired to help.
他们是我的私人财产
They are my property.
-而你以此为荣 -我说的是事实
– You say that with pride. – I say it as fact.
这个对话关乎什么是事实 什么不是
This conversation concerns what is fact and what’s not.
那我必须说
Then it must be said.
奴隶制毫无公平和正义可言
That there is no justice, or righteousness in this slavery.
但是你确实引发了一个有意思的问题
But you do open up a interesting question.
说到底 你对你的黑奴
What right have you to your niggers
-都有什么权利 -什么权利
– when you come down to the point? – What right?
我花钱买♥♥下了他们
I bought them, I paid for them.
你是花钱买♥♥了
Of course you did,
法律也承认持有他们是你的权利
and the law say’s you have the right to hold a nigger.
但是很抱歉 法律也未必都是对的
But begging the laws pardon, it lies.
假设他们颁布了新法 剥夺你的自♥由♥
Suppose they pass the law, take away your liberty,
让你变成奴隶
making you a slave.
-只是假设 -这可假设不来
– Suppose. – That ain’t a supposable case.
法律会变 艾普斯 但普世真理是不变的
Laws change, Epps. Universal truths though are constant.
有一个事实 简单明了
It is a fact, a plain and simple fact
只要是真理 就对所有人都适用
that what is true and right is true and right for all.
不论是黑是白
White and black alike.
你把我和黑奴相提并论 贝斯
Yah compare me to a nigger, Bass?
我只是想问 在上帝眼里你们有什么区别
I am only asking, in the eye’s of God, what is the difference?
你还不如问
Yah might as well ask
白人和狒狒有什么区别
what the difference is between a white man and a baboon.
我在奥尔良见过一只
Now, I’ve seen one of them critters in Orleans
和我的黑奴们一样聪明
that knowed just as much as any nigger I got.
听着 艾普斯 这些黑奴也是人
Listen, Epps… These niggers are human beings.
如果他们只能受到和动物一样的待遇
If they are allowed to claim no higher than brute animals,
总有一天你和你的同类会为此付出代价
you and men like you will have to answer for it.
艾普斯先生 一种罪恶
There’s an ill, Mr. Epps,
一种可怕的罪恶 正在整个国家蔓延
a fearful ill, resting upon this nation,
总有一天 要做个了断
and there will be a day of reckoning yet.
你很享受滔滔不绝的感觉吧 贝斯
You like to hear yourself talk, Bass,
我从没见过像你这么爱说的
better than any man I know of.
你非说黑人和白人都是一样的
Yah argue that black was white, or white black.
要是有人反驳你
If anybody contradict you,
假设你是住在新英格兰的美♥国♥佬♥
a fine supposition if yah lived among Yankees in New England.
但你不是
But yah don’t.
你根本不是
You most assuredly do not.
我知道你就躲在这儿
I know it’s somewhere in there!
帕茨
Patsey!
帕茨
Pats!
她在哪儿
Where is she?
帕茨在哪儿
Where is Pats?
她在哪儿 告诉我 她在哪儿
Where is she? Tell me, where is she?
帕茨在哪儿 她在哪儿 在哪儿
Where is she? Where is Pats? Where is she?
你们在这傻站着干嘛
Whatcha standing there for?
-我们什么都不知道 主人 -不知道什么
– We know nothin’ of her, massa. – Know none of what?
-我们什么都不知道 -什么
– We know nothin’ of her. – Of what?
-她跑哪儿去了 -我不知道
– Where did she go? – I do not know.
-她逃跑了 是吗 -我不知道
– She run off, ain’t she? – I know nothing.
她跑了 她在哪儿
She ran off! Where is she?
字幕
?
-你知道 你知道 -我不知道
– You know! You know! You know! – No, no, no…
我真的不知道
No I don’t.
你们这群又聋又哑的黑狗
You miserable black dogs stand like the deef and dumb.
说话啊
Speak!
她跑了
She’s gone…
我的帕茨跑了
My Pats is gone.
跑了 跑了 是吧
Run off. Run off, did you?
-艾普斯主人… -贱♥人♥ 你跑哪儿去了
– Massa Epps… – You miserable wench! Where have you been?
-我哪儿都没去 -犯了错还撒谎
– I’ve been nowhere. – Lies to your misdeeds!
安息日 主人 我散个步 和上帝谈谈
The Sabbath day, massa. I took me a walk to commune with the Lord.
用上帝来骗我
Bring the Lord into yer deceptions?
你去了肖的种植园 是不是
Yah comin’ from Shaw’s plantation, weren’t yah?
-不是 -你现在开口了
– No. – Now yah speak?
你帮着她撒谎的时候才知道说话
Now that yah want to add to her lies yah find yer tongue!
我去了肖主人的种植园
I went to Massa Shaw’s plantation!
-你承认了 -是的
– You admit it? – Yes.
我自愿去的 你知道为什么吗
Freely. And you know why?
肖夫人给了我这个
I got this from Mistress Shaw.
艾普斯夫人连洗澡用的肥皂都不肯给我
Mistress Epps won’t even grant me no soap ta clean with.
我身上臭得连自己都恶心
I stink so much I make myself gag.
五百磅棉花 天天如此
Five hundred pounds of cotton day in, day out!
比任何男人摘得都多
More than any man here.
而我想要的 只是干净些
And for that I will be clean;
别无他求
that’s all I ask.
这就是我去肖那儿的目的
Dis here what I went to Shaw’s ‘fo.
-你说谎 -上帝可以作证
– Liar! – Lord knows it all!
-你说谎 -你被贪婪蒙蔽了
– You Liar! – And you blind wit yer own covetousness.
我没说谎 主人
I don’t lie, Massa.
就算你杀了我 我也不会改口的
If you kill me, I’ll stick to that.
行啊 我来教训你
Yeah, I’ll set you down.
我让你再去肖那儿
I’ll learn you to go to Shaw’s.
特里奇
Treach!
去拿点绳子来
Go fetch some line.
爱德华
Edward?
把她扒光 绑到杆子上用鞭子抽
Strip her. Strike her bare ‘n lash her to the post.
不要
No!
这是你自找的 帕茨
Yah done this to yourself, Pats!
快动手
Do it!
抽死她
Strike the life from her.
你来
Beat her.
用鞭子抽她 使劲抽
Give her the whip. Give it all to her!
普莱特 你马上给我过来抽她
Platt, you come here and you beat her now!
普莱特
Platt!
过来
Come here!
我宁愿是你动手 普莱特
I’d rather it you, Platt.
抽她
Strike her.
抽啊
Strike her.
他只是在装样子
He pantomimes.
她身上都看不到鞭痕
There ain’t barely a welt on her.
你的黑奴们就是这么看你的
That’s what your niggers make of yah;
一个好骗的傻瓜
a fool fer the takin’.
用力 普莱特 用力
Strike her, Platt! Strike her.
你给我用力抽
Yah will strike her.
把她抽得皮开肉绽

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
前一篇文章遗愿清单
下一篇文章法官老爹
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!