lettin’ Patsey out pick yah?
她摘的棉花 没有一天少于500磅
The day ain’t yet come she swung lower than five hundred pounds.
真是田中女王啊
Queen of the fields, she is.
-138磅 -我还没说完呢 特里奇
– 138 pounds… – I ain’t done, Treach.
我就不能花点时间欣赏一下帕茨的成果吗
Ain’t I owed a minute to luxuriate on the work Patsey done?
知道了 先生
Yes, sir.
绝对的女王
Damned Queen.
为农田而生
Born and bred to the field.
黑奴中的精品
A nigger among niggers,
上帝把她赐给了我
and God give ‘er to me.
什么叫正确的生活方式
A lesson in the rewards of righteous livin’.
你们都好好学着点
All be observant to that.
都学着点
All!
好了 特里奇 接着说吧
Now, Treach. Now speak.
菲比 138磅
One hundred thirty eight pounds for Phebe.
昨天还145呢 站出来
Hit one forty five yesterday. Pull her out.
乔治 206磅
Two hundred six pounds for George.
他昨天摘了多少
How much he pick yesterday?
-229 -拉出来
– Two twenty nine. – Get him out.
来吧 孩子
Come on, kid.
来吧 快点 小子 走了
Come on. Come on, boy, move!
起来 我们今晚跳舞 快起来
Get up! We dance tonight! Get up!
带上小提琴 普莱特 起来
Get your fiddle, Platt! Get up!
快点
Come on!
来啊 普莱特 走了
Come on, Platt! Come on!
快跳 你们的精气神呢 动起来
Come on! Where’s yah merriment? Move yer feet.
-卖♥♥掉她 -怎么了这是
– Sell her! – What’s all this?
你得把这个女黑奴卖♥♥了
You will sell the negress!
卖♥♥掉小帕茨?
Sell little Pats?
她比其他人棉花摘得都多
She pick with more vigor than any other nigger!
-换谁都行 -不要别人
– Choose another ta go. – No other.
就卖♥♥她
Sell her!
我不卖♥♥
I will not!
如果你不把那个黑婊♥子♥赶走
You will remove that black bitch from this property,
我就回切尼维尔去
or I’ll take myself back to Cheneyville.
回到我见到你的那个猪圈去吗
Back to that hog’s trough where I found you?
别跟帕茨作对 亲爱的
Do not set yourself up against Patsey, my dear.
因为我会在赶走她之前先离开你
‘Cause I will rid myself of yah well before I do away with her!
你们看什么看
Whatcha looking at?
臭女人
Damned woman!
我不会让这种事影响心情
I won’t have my mood spoiled.
绝不会
I will not.
跳起来
Dance!
我叫你们跳起来
Dance, I said!
来呀
Come on!
接着拉 普莱特 拉起来 小子
Pick it up, Platt. Play that thing, boy!
普莱特
Platt?
是 夫人
Yes, Mistress.
你认识去巴塞罗缪那的路吗
Can you find your way to Bartholomew’s?
认识 夫人
I can, ma’am.
这是要采办的物品清单
This is a list of goods and sundries.
你拿着它去 办完立刻回来
You will take it to be filled and return immediately.
带上你的名牌
Take your tag.
-让巴塞罗缪记到我们账上 -好的 夫人
– Tell Bartholomew to add it to our debt. – Yes, Mistress.
你从哪来的 普莱特
Where yah from, Platt?
-我告诉过您了 -再说一次
– I have told you. – Tell me again.
-华盛顿 -你主人是谁
– Washington. – Who were yah Master?
弗里曼 字面意为”自♥由♥人”
-我主人叫弗里曼 -他是个有文化的人吗
– Master’s name was Freeman. – Was he a learned man?
-我想是的 -他教你识字了吗
– I suppose so. – He learn yah ta read?
零零星星一两个词
A word here or there,
但书面文字我根本看不懂
but I have no understanding of the written text.
别去费这个心思
Don’t trouble yer self with it.
和其他人一样 主人是把你买♥♥来干活的
Same as the rest, Master bought yah to work.
就这么简单
Tha’s all.
知道得太多 只会挨鞭子
And any more’ll earn yah a hundred lashes.
到这来 小子
Come here, boy.
过来
Come on.
-你要去哪 小子 -我要去
– Where are you going, boy? – On my way to
去巴塞罗缪那 是受艾普斯夫人差遣
Bartholomew’s… sent by Mistress Epps.
那你最好快去
You best get there then.
快点到那儿
Get there quick.
-碰到什么麻烦了吗 -没有 夫人
– Any trouble? – No, ma’am.
没有麻烦
No trouble.
普莱特·艾普斯 周日早啊
Platt Epps, good Sunday morning.
早 肖主人
Good morning, Master Shaw.
主人派我来接帕茨 我能进去吗
Master sent me to retrieve Patsey. May I approach?
可以
You may.
抱歉打扰了 肖夫人
Excuse me, Mistress Shaw.
-黑奴普莱特 -帕茨 主人让你回去
– Nigger Platt. – Patsey, Master wishes you to return.
今天是安息日 我可以自♥由♥活动
The Sabbath day. I’s free ta roam.
主人让我跑着来找你
Master sent me running to fetch you,
还说别耽误时间
and said no time should be wasted.
-喝茶吗 -谢谢夫人 但我不敢
– Drink a tea? – Thank you, Mistress, but I don’t dare.
你觉得你及时回去了
Would you know Massa Epps’s consternation
艾普斯主人就不会那么狂暴了吗
to be any lessened wit your timely return?
狂暴不是他的常态吗
Ain’t it his constant condition?
坐吧 坐下喝杯茶
Sit. Sit and drink the tea that offered.
艾普斯在忙什么
What’n be Epps’s concern?
我还是不说的好
I’d rather not say.
安息日聊点家长里短的没事
L’il gossip on the Sabbath be fine.
凡事都讲究一个度
All things in moderation.
您应该知道 艾普斯主人
As you are aware, Master Epps…
总是板着脸
is a man of hard countenance.
您知道他对您的丈夫不怀好意
You know he has ill feeling toward your husband.
没错
He do.
不知怎么 艾普斯主人认为
Master Epps has somehow come to believe,
肖主人
that Master Shaw…
是个浪荡公子
is something of a lothario.
当然 是个错误的想法
A misguided belief, no doubt.
当然 但是无风不起浪
No doubt… if not born outta truth itself.
我没有不敬的意思
I meant no disrespect.
他听不到的
He ain’t heard you.
我是说 没有对您不敬的意思 夫人
I meant no disrespect to you, Mistress.
用不着担心我的感受
Got no cause to worry for my sensibilities.
我都不记得上次挨鞭子是什么时候了
I ain’t felt the end of a lash in ‘mo years than I cain recall.
也没在地里干活了
I ain’t worked a field, neither.
原来是我服侍别人 现在别人服侍我
Where once I served, now I have others servin’ me.
我现在的生活 唯一的代价就是肖大人
The cost to my current existence be Massa Shaw..
处处拈花惹草
broadcasting his affections and
而我假装享受他的假忠诚
me enjoyin’ the pantomime of his fidelity.
如果这样我就不用去摘棉花
If that what keep me from the cotton pickin’ niggers,
那就这样吧
that what it be.
这只是一点点合理的代价
A small and reasonable price to be paid ‘fo sure.
我知道作为主人的玩物
I knowed what it like
和偏爱的对象 是什么感受
to be the object of Massa’s predilections and peculiarities.
不是夜里强取豪夺地占有
A lusty visit in the night,
就是一顿鞭子抽在身上
or a visitation with the whip.
尽量接受吧 帕茨
Take comfort, Patsey;
老天会惩罚艾普斯的
Good Lord will manage Epps.
时间一到 上帝自会处置
In His own time the Good Lord will manage dem all.
法老的诅咒
The curse of the pharaohs
并不是种植园阶层要面对的最糟糕的东西
were a poor example of all that wait ‘fo the plantation class.
这样很好
This is nice.
帕茨
Patsey?
-帕茨 -别看他那边 继续走你的
– Patsey! – Do not look in his direction. Continue on.
-帕茨 -我找到她了 主人
– Patsey! – Found her, Master,
而且照你说的把她带回来了
and brought her back just as instructed.
你刚刚跟她说什么
What’d you jus now tell her?
你对帕茨说了什么
What’d you say to Pats?
我没说话 没什么
No words were spoken. None of consequence.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
前一篇文章遗愿清单
下一篇文章法官老爹
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!