Okay. Now where’s your lighter?
好 打火机呢
Let’s go to work.
开工吧
Better now?
好了点没有
Your ear. My ear?
你的耳朵 我的耳朵
Yeah. Joe fixed it.
对了 乔医好了
Would you care for a cigarette?
抽烟吗
Yes, please.
好的
You won’t believe this, but it’s my very first.
请别见笑 但这是我第一次吸烟
Your very first?
第一次
No smoking in school?
学校不准吸烟吗
Your first cigarette.
第一次吸烟
There. The gizmo works.
这小玩意管用的
Well, what’s the verdict? Okay?
你觉得怎么样
Nothing to it.
没什么
That’s right. Nothing to it.
对 没什么
I’ll stretch my legs a little here.
我要伸展一下双腿
I’ll pick this one up, Irving.
这次由我请客 艾文
Yeah. You can afford it.
是啊 你负担得起
Well, what shall we do next? Shall we make out a little schedule?
接着呢 我们要一个时间表吗
Not that word, please.
求你 别说那字
I didn’t mean a work. School schedule.
我不是指工作 学校的时间表
I meant a fun schedule.
我是说玩乐行程表
Yes. Let’s just go.
好了 我们走吧
Well, how about you, Irving? Are you ready?
怎么样 艾文 你准备好没有
Yeah. Let’s go.
行了 走吧
Francesca!
弗朗西斯卡
This is. Smitty.
这是 史密斯
She’s a grand girl, Irving. Grand.
她是千金小姐 艾文
Five grand, Irving.
五千 艾文
Joe! Where are you going now?
乔 你要去哪里
Honey, I gotta work. I’ll call you tonight.
甜心 我要工作了 今晚再找你
Look at those men!
看他们
They were supposed to be inconspicuous.
他们该保持低调
You asked for plain clothes.
是你说要穿便服的
Stop! Come back here!
别走 快回来
I’m going straight from now on.
从今天起我会循规蹈矩
American News Service? What did he mean?
记者 他是什么意思
Well, you know, you say you’re with the press,
你自认是记者
you can get away with anything.
那就无往而不利
Going to church to get married on a scooter, that’s a hot one.
开车赶去教堂结婚
Joe’s a wonderful liar.
乔是个大话精
Congratulations. Congratulations.
恭喜 恭喜
You don’t have to look so worried. I won’t hold you to it.
别担心 我不会叫你娶我
Thank you very much.
非常感谢
You don’t have to be too grateful!
别这么说
Okay, I won’t.
好了 我说错了
I’m a good liar, too, aren’t I, Mr. Bradley?
我是个大话精 是吗 布拉德利先生
The best I ever met.
超级大话精
Thank you very much.
过奖了
Come with me.
跟我来
The mouth of truth.
真实之口
The legend is that if you’re given to lying and put your hand in there,
传说若你说谎 把手放进去的话
it’ll be bitten off.
它会咬断你的手
What a horrid idea.
真可怕
Let’s see you do it.
你试试看
Let’s see you do it.
你试试看吧
Sure.
好的
Hello.
你好
You beast!
你真可恶
It was perfectly all right! You never hurt your hand!
没事 你的手不会有事的
I’m sorry. It’s just a joke.
对不起 说笑而已
You never hurt your hand.
你根本没受伤
I’m sorry. You okay?
对不起 没事了
Yes. All right. Let’s go.
没事了 那走吧
Look out!
小心
I’ll park at the corner.
我在街角停车
What do they mean, all these inscriptions?
这些铭文是什么意思
Well, each one represents a wish fulfilled.
每一块匾代表一个愿望成真了
It all started during the war when there was an air raid right out here,
这始自战时 在空袭期间
a man with his four children was caught in the street.
有个男人带着四个孩子逃亡
They ran over against the wall right there for shelter
他跑去这道墙找掩护
and prayed for safety.
和求神庇佑
Bombs fell very close, but no one was hurt.
炸♥弹♥落在附近 但没人受伤
Later on, the man came back and he put up the first of these tablets.
后来 他回来挂上首个牌匾
Since then, it’s become a sort of a shrine.
现在 这里就成为一个圣地
People come, and whenever their wishes are granted,
人们来许愿 愿望成真后
they put up another one of these little plaques.
他们回来另放牌匾
Lovely story.
多有趣的故事
Read some of the inscriptions.
看看这些铭文吧
Make a wish?
在许愿吗
Tell the doctor?
告诉医生
Anyway, the chances of it being granted are very slight.
愿望成真的机会很渺茫
Well, what now?
现在去哪里
I’ve heard of a wonderful place for dancing on a boat.
听说有船上舞会
You mean, the barges down by Sant’Angelo?
你指安哲罗吗
Yes, couldn’t we go there tonight?
我们可以去吗
Why not? Anything you wish.
有何不可 如你所愿
And then at midnight, I’ll turn into a pumpkin
午夜会有南瓜车
and drive away in my glass slipper.
接这灰姑娘走
And that’ll be the end of the fairytale.
那是童话故事的结局
Well, I guess Irving has to go now.
艾文要先走了
I do?
是吗
Yes, you know, that big business development of yours
对 你要跟人家
that you have to attend to?
谈大生意
Oh, the development.
大生意
Yes, can’t afford not to take care of that.
不能爽约
Yeah. I’ll see you later, Smitty.
再见了 史密斯
Good luck with the big development. Thanks.
祝大生意谈得顺利 谢谢
Two, please.
两位
Hello.
你好
Hello.
你好
Mr. Bradley, if you don’t mind my saying so,
布拉德利先生 若你不介意
I think you are a ringer.
我觉得你是个铃音
A what?
什么
Thanks very much.
过奖了
You’ve spent the whole day doing things I’ve always wanted to.
你陪了我一整天
Why?
为什么
I don’t know. It seemed the thing to do.
不知道 这是该做的事
I’ve never heard of anybody so kind.
我从未见过你这种大好人
It wasn’t any trouble.
小意思
Or so completely unselfish.
你实在慷慨无私
Let’s have a drink at the bar.
我们去酒吧喝东西吧
There you are!
你来了
I look for you a long time. I think maybe you not come.
我四处找你 以为你不会来了
Off. All off!
剪掉了
It’s nice without, isn’t it?
不蓄胡子更好吧
Cool.
不错
Very, very good.
很好
This is Mr. Bradley.
这位是布拉德利先生
I, Mario Delani.
我是马里奥·狄兰
Old friends?
老朋友吗
Yes. He cut my hair this afternoon. He invited me here tonight.
是的 他中午替我剪头发 是他邀请我来这舞会的
Well, what did you say the name was?
你叫什么呢
Delani. Mario Delani.
狄兰 马里奥·狄兰
Mario Delani. I’m very glad to know you.
马里奥·狄兰 很高兴认识你
Me, too.
我也是
May I enjoy myself. The pleasure. Do you mind?
能赏脸跟我跳支舞吧 你不介意吧
No, no. Go right ahead.
不 不 请便
Thank you.
谢谢
Did I miss anything? You’re just in time, pal.
我错过了什么吗 你来得很及时 伙计

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!