This is the universe.
这就是宇宙
Big, isn’t it?
广阔无垠,不是吗?
Thousands of suns, myriads of stars,
数以千万计的群星
separated by immense distances
被极大的间距
and by thin, floating clouds of gas.
和稀薄、 漂浮着的气体云所分隔…
The starlight makes the gas transparent,
星光使它显得透明…
and where there are no stars,
在没有星星的地方
it appears as dark, obscuring clouds,
是昏暗、模糊的星云…
like that great black cone over there.
…就像那个巨大黑色锥体
Hello. There’s a nova.
嘿 那里有一颗超新星
A whole solar system exploded.
一整个星系爆♥炸♥了…
Someone must have been messing about with the uranium atom.
肯定有人对铀原子动了手脚
No, it’s not our solar system, I’m glad to say.
不,我很高兴地说,这不是我们的太阳系
Ah, those are called a globular cluster of stars.
哈,那些就是被称作球形星团的,
Rather fine.
相当不错
Down here in the right-hand corner,
在这里,右手边…
see that little chap rather like a Boy Scout’s badge?
…看到那个像童子军徽章的小东西了吗?
It’s a mass of gas expanding at thousands of cubic miles a minute.
那是一团以每分钟数千立方英里 的速度扩散的气体
Ah, here we are. We’re getting near a home.
啊,我们到了,离我们的家园更近的…
The moon, our moon, in the first quarter.
月球,我们的月球… 处于第一个季节中
And here’s the Earth, our Earth,
然后是地球,我们的地球…
moving around in its place,
在它的位置上旋转着…
part of the pattern, part of the universe.
是这种模式的、宇宙的一部分
Reassuring, isn’t it?
令人安心,不是么?
It’s night over Europe, the night of the 2nd of May, 1945.
这是欧洲的夜晚 1945年5月2日的夜晚
That point of fire is a burning city.
那个发出火光的点是一个正在燃烧的城市
It had a thousand-bomber raid an hour ago.
一小时前它遭受了千架轰炸机的空袭
And here, rolling in over the Atlantic, is a real English fog.
而这里,滚滚而来,横跨大西洋的… 是一场“真正的”英国式大雾
I hope all our aircraft got home safely.
希望我们所有的飞行器能够平安抵达
Even the big ships sound frightened.
连大船也发出惊恐之声 (摩尔斯电码声)
Listen to all the noises in the air.
听,空气中的这些声音…
This was their finest hour.
“他们最光辉的时刻…”
Listen.
听…
Listen.
听…
Request your position. Request your position.
“请求你的方位”
Come in, Lancaster. Come in, Lancaster.
“请回答, Lancaster. 请回答, Lancaster”
Position nil. Repeat nil. Age 27, 27.
“方位无显示 重复, 无显示 27岁”
Did you get that? That’s very important.
“听到了吗?这非常重要”
Education interrupted, violently interrupted.
“教育程度:中断——粗暴地中断了
Religion, Church of England.
“宗教信仰:英格兰教会”
Politics, Conservative by nature, Labour by experience.
“政♥治♥立场:本质来说是保守党,按个人经历来说是工党”
What’s your name?
“你叫什么名字?”
I cannot read you, cannot read you.
我听不到你 听不到你
Request your position. Can you see our signals?
请求你的方位,你能看到我们的信♥号♥♥吗?
“Oh, give me my scallop-shell of quiet,
“给我一枚朝圣者的徽章
my staff of faith to walk upon,
他是我信仰的昭彰…
my scrip of joy, immortal diet, my bottle of salvation,
我袋中装满欢乐,永生的食粮,救世的琼浆…
my gown of glory, hope’s true gage,
身穿教士的长袍我无比荣光,希望是我真正的力量
and thus I’ll take my pilgrimage.”
让我踏上朝圣的路茫茫”
Sir Walter Raleigh wrote that.
沃尔特·雷利爵士的作品
I’d rather have written that than flown through Hitler’s legs.
我希望在死前写下的是这样的诗句,而不是仅仅让尸首在希♥特♥勒♥的脚边流过…
I cannot understand you.
我听不懂
Hello, Lancaster.
喂, Lancaster
We are sending signals. Can you see our signals?
我们正在发出信♥号♥♥ 你能看到我们的信♥号♥♥吗?
Come in, Lancaster. Come in, Lancaster.
请回答, Lancaster 请回答, Lancaster
“But at my back I always hear
“但,在我身后,我总能
time’s winged chariot hurrying near,
听到时间临近,如飞翔着的马车飞驰而来”
and yonder all before us lie deserts of vast eternity.”
“而纵横在我们眼前的,是永恒的无垠荒野”
Andy Marvell, what a marvel. What’s your name?
安迪·马维尔,真令人惊叹! 你叫什么名字?
Are you receiving me? Repeat, are you receiving me?
收到了吗?重复,你收到了吗?
Request your position. Come in, Lancaster.
请求你的方位 请回答, Lancaster.
You seem like a nice girl. I can’t give you my position.
我无法给你我的方位
Instrument’s gone. Crew gone too.
机器坏了,机组人员也不在了
All except Bob here, my sparks, he’s dead.
除了Bob,我的无线电通讯员,他死了
The rest all bailed out on my orders. Time out 3:35. You get that?
剩下的人都按我的命令跳伞逃生了 时间是3点35分,收到了吗?
Crew bailed out 03:35.
机组人员在3点35分跳伞
Station Warrenden, bomber group “A,” “G” for George.
“站点名- Warrenden. 轰炸机群- A, G.”
Send them a signal. Got that?
站点名- Warrenden.
Station Warrenden, bomber group “A,” apple, “G,” George.
轰炸机群- Apple的A,George的G
They’ll be sorry about Bob. We all liked him.
他们会为Bob难过的 我们喜欢他
Hello, “G,” George. Hello, “G,” George. Are you all right?
喂, G George. 喂, G George. 你还好吗?
Are you going to try and land? Do you want a fix?
你打算尝试降落吗?你需要修理吗?
The name’s not “G,” George. It’s “P,” Peter.
我的名字不是G,George, 是P,Peter
Peter D. Carter. “D” is for David.
Peter D Carter,D是David的缩写
Squadron Leader Peter Carter. No, I’m not going to land.
少校Peter Carter. 我不打算降落
Undercarriage is gone, inner port’s on fire.
起落架已经不见了,内侧左舷着火
I’m bailing out presently. I’m bailing out.
我准备跳伞,我准备跳伞
Take a telegram. Got your message.
写一封电报 收到
Received your message. We can hear you.
我们能听到你
Telegram to my mother.
“致母亲的电报,”
Mrs. Michael Carter, 88 Hampstead Lane, London Northwest.
“Michael Carter夫人, Hampstead大街88号♥, 伦敦西北部 ”
88 Hampstead Lane, London.
Hampstead大街88号♥, 伦敦
Tell her that I love her.
告诉她我爱她
You’ll have to write this for me, but what I want her to know is
你一定要写上这个,我想让她知道
that I love her very much,
我非常地爱她
that I’ve never shown it to her, not really,
我从没向她表露过,从没…
but that I’ve loved her always, right up to the end.
但我一直深爱着她,直到最后
Give my love to my two sisters too. Don’t forget them.
也向我的两个妹妹致以我的爱,别忘了她们
Received your message. We can hear you.
收到,我们能听见
Are you wounded? Repeat, are you wounded? Are you bailing out?
你受伤了吗?重复,你受伤了吗?你要跳伞吗?
What’s your name? June.
你叫什么名字? June.
Yes, June, I’m bailing out. I’m bailing out, but there’s a catch.
对,我正要跳伞,但有个麻烦
I’ve got no parachute. Uh ‒
我没有降落伞
Hello. Hello, Peter. Do not understand.
喂-喂?喂, Peter, 没有理解你的意思
Hello. Hello, Peter. Can you hear me?
喂?喂, Peter, 能听到吗?
Hello, June. Don’t be afraid. It’s quite simple.
嗨, June, 别害怕 现在的局面很简单
We’ve had it, and I’d rather jump than fry.
我们已经完蛋了,而且比起烤熟,我宁愿跳下去
After the first thousand feet, what’s the difference?
在第一个一千英尺过后
I shan’t know anything anyway.
我就会什么也不知道了
I say, I hope I haven’t frightened you.
我说…希望没吓到你吧
No, I’m not frightened. Good girl.
不,我不害怕 好女孩!
Your sparks ‒ You said he was dead. Hasn’t he got a chute?
你的发报员,你说他已经死了 他没有降落伞吗?
Cut to ribbons. Cannon shell. June, are you pretty?
被切成条了,炮弹干的 你漂亮吗?
Not bad.
不差
Can you hear me as well as I hear you? Yes.
你能听清楚吗 能
You’ve got a good voice. You’ve got guts too.
你有好声音,也有胆量
It’s funny, I’ve known dozens of girls. I’ve been in love with some of them.
真有趣,我曾经认识不少女孩,与其中的一些恋爱…
But an American girl whom I’ve never seen and who I never shall see
但没想到是一个从没谋面,也不再可能见面的美国女孩…
will hear my last words.
听到我的最终遗言
That’s funny. It’s rather sweet.
有趣,还有点甜蜜…
June, if you’re around when they pick me up,
June, 如果他们打捞起我的时候你在周围…
turn your head away.
把头转过去不要看
Perhaps we can do something, Peter. Let me report it.
但也许我们还能做些什么,Peter 让我报告一下
No, no one can help. Only you. Let me do this in my own way.
不,谁都没用,除了你—— 让我自己做这个决定吧
I want to be alone with you, June. Where were you born?
我想单独和你相处,June 你出生在哪里?
Boston. Mass?
波士顿 麻省?
Yes.
是的
That’s a place to be born. History was made there.
历史在那里诞生
Are you in love with anybody? No. No, don’t answer that.
你是否正与某人相恋?不,不要回答
I could love a man like you, Peter.
我可以爱上一个像你一样的男人,Peter.
I love you, June. You’re life, and I’m leaving you.
我爱你, June,你仍存活,而我将离你而去
Where do you live, on the station?
你住在哪里?信♥号♥♥站吗?
No, in a big country house about five miles from here.
不,在一个大的乡村房♥子里,离这大约5英里
Lee Wood House. Old house?
叫做Lee Wood House – 是老房♥子吗?
Yes, very old.
是的,非常老
Good. I’ll be a ghost and come and see you.
很好…我将变为鬼魂将去探望你…
You’re not frightened of ghosts, are you? It would be awful if you were.
你害怕鬼魂吗?如果是的话我在那出现就太糟了
I’m not frightened. What time will you be home?
我不怕 – 你什么时候会在家?
Well, I’m on duty till 6:00.
我在岗执勤到六点
I have breakfast in the mess and then I have to cycle half an hour.
我会慌乱地吃过早饭, 然后骑一个半小时的车…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!