What would happen if both these positions with the two centers
如果这两个位置都是同一个圆
of one and the same circle?
的圆心会是什么样
But it is impossible, mistress.
这是不可能的 主人
Wait. What do we know about a circle?
等等 圆是什么?
We know that the center of a circle
我们知道圆心
is always the same distance from any point along its perimeter.
到圆周上任一点的距离总是相等
Exactly. Yes, so,
没错 是的
What if I divide the center into two,
那如果我们把这个圆心分成两个呢
but what I keep constant
让圆周上的点到
is the sum of their two distances to the perimeter.
这两个圆心的距离之和保持不变
Alright, look. I’ll show you. Watch. As I move this rod along
好吧 我给你演示一下 看着 当我沿着
the cord, as one segment increases
这个圆周移♥动♥棒子 绳子的一部分增加时
the other segment decreases, and vice versa.
另一部分就会减少 反之亦然
Therefore the sum of the two is always going to be constant.
因此两者之和
Do you see that?
保持不变 你明白了吗?
Now, what if we apply this
如果我们把这个理论运用到
to the movement of the Earth?
地球的移♥动♥之上呢?
What,
我们会
figure,
得到
will be obtained?
什么图形呢?
An ellipse!
一个椭圆轨道
With the sun at one of its foci.
太阳在它的一个焦点之上
Because,
因为
what is a circle except
这种椭圆轨道
a very special ellipse
除了它的焦点太近以至于
whose foci have joined so close together that they appear to be one.
看上去似乎合二为一了 还能是什么别的
Perhaps, I’m completely raving, Aspasius.
或许只是异想天开而已 亚斯巴修
I mean, why should this be so? Maybe I’m just,
为什么非这样不可 也许我只是
Maybe I’m,
也许我
What do you think?
你怎么看?
It could well be solved, mistress.
很可能就是这样的 主人
Well done, we’ll continue with this tomorrow.
太好了 我们明天再继续
Get some sleep.
去休息吧
Good night, mistress. Good night.
晚安 主人 晚安
Thank you.
谢谢你
Davus!
达乌斯
Davus!
达乌斯
What are you doing?
你在干什么?
Lady.
老师
Let me see.
让我看看
Why don’t you sit down?
你去那边坐下吧
Where is everybody?
大家都去哪了
Please sit down.
请坐
I have,
我有
I have news for you too.
我也有消息要告诉你
All dignitaries
所有的已经皈依
who have yet to embrace the Christian faith
基♥督♥教的官员们
are to be baptized
将要在公众面前
in public.
接受洗礼
The aim very clear:
目的非常明确
It’s to add to our cause, all the Christians in the city
为了增加拥护者 使市里所有的基♥督♥徒
decent folk, better
以及正派人士们
to fight for me.
都为我尽忠
You speak of battling faith.
你指的是宣扬信仰吗?
Very well.
非常好
It seems everything seems to have been decided already.
既然所有的事都已成定局
I don’t understand why you required my presence here.
我不懂你还让我来这里做什么?
I am not a member of government.
我又不是政♥府♥的一员
No, you are more than that. You are the person I trust most
你不是 但你更重要 你是我最信任的人
and everyone knows it.
众人皆知
What can I say?
你在说什么?
Lady.
老师
Many years ago,
很多年前
years ago, you taught us something.
很多年前你教导我们
If,
如果
If two are equal to a third they are,
等同于同量的量
all are equal to each other. Do you remember?
彼此相等 还记得吗?
Yes
是的
The three of us, we are all good people.
我们三个 我们都是好人
And you, you are as Christian as we are!
你和我们一样 都是虔诚的基♥督♥徒
Synesius, you don’t question what you believe.
辛奈西斯 你对你的信仰深信不疑
You cannot.
但我不能
I must.
我必须怀疑
That’s a pity,
那真是太遗憾了
Lady.
老师
A great pity.
莫大的遗憾
Our revered teacher
我们所尊敬的老师
taken away from what she herself taught us.
竟然背弃了自己曾教给过我们的东西
Or do you think I’m not aware of the insane things you invoke.
你以为我不知道你 所执迷那些愚蠢的事
Synesius! With Earth moving around the Sun.
辛奈西斯 地球围绕太阳旋转
What next, Lady, what next?
接下来又会是什么? 老师
You must let me go.
求你让我离开吧
Let me in! Let me in!
让我进去 让我进去
I’ll go straight to her. Why does she wanna see a parabolani?
我有话对她说 一个圣♥战♥士
Lady! Go away before we arrest you.
老师 在我们逮捕你之前快滚
Leave! Aspasius!
走开 亚斯巴修
It’s me, Davus. Get off me.
是我 达乌斯 达乌斯 放开我
Tell them who I am I know this man, please.
告诉他们你认识我 你认识他吗?
What do you want?
是的 你想干嘛?
I need to speak to the mistress. Where is she?
我有话对她说 她在哪?
Mistress is not here. It’s urgent! Where is she?
女主人不在家 十万火急 她在哪?
She’s at the prefect’s palace.
她在提督宫殿里
Where? The prefect palace!
哪里? 她在提督宫殿里
Prefect’s palace. Thank you. Get out of here.
提督宫殿 谢谢 快点滚
Who was that?
那到底是谁?
He was a slave once.
他以前是这儿的奴隶
Wait, please! Wait! I beg you.
等等 求你 等一下 求你了
If you don’t agree, I won’t be able to protect you any longer.
如果你不同意的话 我就不能再保护你了
I won’t be able to have dealings with you
我也不能和你交往
neither greet you.
甚至不能和你打招呼
Hypatia.
希帕蒂亚
Don’t you see?
你还不明白吗?
I can’t go on without you.
没有你我活不下去的
I cannot.
我不行
Without you, I can’t defeat Cyril.
没有你我无法打败西里尔
Orestes.
俄瑞斯特斯
Cyril has already won.
西里尔已经赢了
Thank you.
谢谢
I do not need you.
但我不需要你们的保护
Davus!
达乌斯!
Brother! Where are you going?
兄弟 你要去哪里?
We found her!
我们找到她了
Come on, walk!
婊♥子♥ 快走
Move it, sinner!
快走 罪人
Whore!
婊♥子♥
Witch!
妖女
Pagan sinner!
多神教的人♥渣♥
Move! Come on!
走啊 快走
Witch!
妖女
Strip her naked!
把她扒光
Get up.
站起来
That’s it. So that God can behold in all your filth, whore.
就这样 这样上帝 可以看清你的污秽 妖女
The way you knock the prefect so hard.
看清你如何蛊惑提督 娼妇
Heathen!
异教♥徒♥
Whore.
娼妇
Look,
看啊
she’s not reacting.
她一点反应都没有
She will scream all right when we skin her alive.
把刀子插♥进♥她的皮肤她就叫得出来了
How many of you have knives? None.
有多少人有刀子 没有
Don’t stain your hands with impure blood.
不要让不洁的血液玷污你们的双手

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!