安置了老兵他们的女人 和那些敢于镇守边防的人
… and settled it with veterans, their women and any who would dare the frontier life.
由于不能接受任何形式的失败
Unable to accept defeat in any form…
亚历山大坚持要击败 任何一个抵抗的部落
… Alexander persisted in breaking every tribe that resisted…
直到有一天 他收到了最后一个 投降的敌军头目的人头
… until the day he received the head of his last enemy who’d surrendered.
在亚历山大看来 亚洲的王位不容有人觊觎
For Alexander, there could be no pretender to the throne of Asia…
这包括了索格地亚纳和大夏地区
… which now included all of Sogdia and Bactria.
(大夏 巴克特里亚)
It was here that he made one of his most mysterious decisions.
十年来 他母亲一直催促他 娶一位马其顿淑女 结果
Ten years after his mother’s insistence he marry a Macedonian…
通过我们的联姻
Through our union…
希腊人与蛮族
…Greek and barbarian…
将共享和平
…may be reconciled in peace.
世界上权力最大的男人 娶了一个没什么政♥治♥背景的女子
… the most powerful man in the world took a girl of no political significance.
为什么
Why?
有人说是为了和部落结盟
Some say it was for alliance with the tribes.
有人说是为了满足成功的欲望
Others, the desire for a successor.
有人说亚历山大陷入了真正的恋爱
And yet others said Alexander truly fell in love.
罗克珊娜是什么样的人
Who Roxane really was…
我们中间没有一个人 看透过她那双深潭般的眼睛
… i doubt that any of us ever saw further than the pools of those black eyes.
在这辉煌的时刻
On this glorious occasion…
我提议为我们伟大军队干杯 他们作出了太多贡献
…I toast this great army that has given so much.
为了向你们中间 从七年前就跟随我们的人表示敬意
And in honor of them, those of you who set out with us seven long years ago…
我宣布 将用国库的钱 为你们偿还所有债务
…I pronounce all your debts paid forthwith from the royal treasury.
亚历山大万岁
Praise Alexander!
为了向我的新娘表示敬意
And in honor of my bride…
我美丽的新娘
…my beautiful bride…
我们会承认和我们共同度过 这漫漫征程的妇女们
…we recognize the many women who’ve shared the long road with us…
赋予她们体面的婚姻和相当的嫁妆
…and grant them dowries befitting a proper marriage.
那我们的男孩们呢
And what about our boys?
最后
And lastly…
最后 诸神要求我们
…lastly, the gods demand no less of us…
至少在我们的保护下 你们的孩子将会得到
…that your children be given a proper Greek education…
体面的希腊式教育和军事训练
…and military training under our protection…
作为我们帝国将来在亚洲的新士兵
…so as to be the new soldiers of our kingdom…
作为新士兵
…in Asia.
你父亲在坟墓里肯定也不能安息的 到头来 居然是一个蛮族头头的女儿
Your father must be turning in his grave. After all this time, a hill chief’s daughter.
这种乡下婚礼 你能称其为合法婚姻
You call this tribal wedding legitimate?
你忘了我父亲也娶了一个蛮族王后
Do you forget my father took a barbarian as his queen?
是的 但没人说那桩婚姻幸福美满
Yes, but few would call it a profoundly happy marriage.
问题是 亚历山大 她是个俘虏
But what’s the point, Alexander? She’s your captive.
让她当你的情妇吧
Just take her as your concubine.
因为我想要个儿子 见你的鬼 菲洛塔斯
Because I want a son. Damn you, Philotas.
那你的贵族们一半都有姐妹 能成为优秀的马其顿母亲
Then half your nobles have sisters who’d make fine Macedonian mothers.
让一个亚洲人做我的王后 而不是俘虏
To take an Asian as my queen, not a captive…
这表示我尊重我们的臣民
…is a sign of respect for our subjects.
这能促进我们的统一
It will bring us together, unify us.
并不表示我将来 不会再娶一个马其顿妻子
Which is not to say I won’t take a Macedonian.
作为侧室 这是对马其顿的侮辱
As a second wife? You insult Macedonia.
我们的人♥民♥永远不会承认 她的儿子是国王
Never will our people accept this girl’s son as king.
发现自己的丈夫全娶了蛮族老婆 他们已经够生气了
They’ll be angry enough to find out their husbands all have second wives in Barbaria.
那他们会学着接受
Then they’ll learn!
雅典娜作证 这女孩子很有性格
By Athena’s justice, this girl has spirit.
她会生个勇敢的儿子
She’ll breed a brave son.
亚历山大
Alexander!
事关帝国的尊严
This is about the honor of our kingdom.
完全正确 这有什么好处 亚历山大
Exactly. What can be won, Alexander?
我们来亚洲是为惩罚他们的罪孽 我们已经做到了
We’re in Asia to punish them for their crimes. We’ve achieved that.
我们已经离家七年 在一个又一个偏远的地区间漂泊
Seven years from home, now we drift from one far region to another…
马其顿人流血牺牲 追逐游民和盗匪
…chasing nomads and bandits when Macedonia bleeds its manpower.
为了什么 为了在亚洲修路
For what? To build roads in Asia?
为了给这些人建造城市 还让他们建立军队
To give these people cities? And now make an army of them?
建造城市和开疆拓土 可不是漂泊 帕曼纽
To found cities and expand our reach is not to drift.
那对马其顿有何好处 它已比从前富裕得多
What benefit to Macedon? It’s far richer!
那看看你给他们的 看你一把年纪我才不提 帕曼纽
Look what you give them. With respect…
在高加米拉 你的侧翼被击溃时 要是打得再好一点 早抓住大流士了
…had you fought better at Gaugamela when your flank was crumbling-
你怎敢这么说 尼阿克斯 是尼阿克斯将军 小子
How dare you, Nearchus? ! General Nearchus to you, boy.
亚历山大把阵形摆得太单薄我父亲和谁都没办法
Alexander spread our flank too thin! There was nothing my father…
菲洛塔斯
…or any of you could’ve done! Philotas!
亚历山大 我从你一生下来就认识你了
Alexander, I’ve known you since you were born.
你父亲死时 我支持了你
I supported you at your father’s death.
看在宙斯的份上
At the very least, for Zeus’ sake
我至少出力让议会选你为王
…and in respect to the council that chose you king…
给我们一个马其顿的继承人吧
…give us a Macedonian heir.
马其顿的继承人
A Macedonian heir.
你的话我听清楚了 但是
You’ve been heard clearly. But-
帕曼纽 婚礼结束后 你就带两个旅回巴比伦
Parmenion! After the wedding, take two brigades to Babylon, where I look to you…
你在那里 安提培特在希腊维护我们的帝国 并为这次远征供应给养
…and Antipater in Greece, to maintain our empire and supply this expedition.
我会在马拉坎德过冬
I’ll winter with my army at Marakand.
我向阿波罗祈祷 你能尽快明白 你已从你父亲的道路上偏离了多远
I pray to Apollo you realize how far you’ve turned from your father’s path.
诸神和你的阿波罗在上 见你的鬼去吧 帕曼纽
Damn you, Parmenion, by the gods and your Apollo.
我父亲也像你一样冥顽不灵吗
What was in my father’s guts wasn’t overripe in reason like yours!
他从来不会如此渴望战争 或者是热衷于战争
He never lusted for war, Alexander, or enjoyed it so.
他会按马其顿的方式 请教议会里的同僚和贵族
He consulted his peers in council, among equals, the Macedonian way.
他不会仅凭个人欲望作出决定
He didn’t decide based on his personal desires.
我带领大家取得的成就 已远远超过我父亲的梦想
I’ve taken us further than my father ever dreamed.
老头
Old man…
世道已经变了
…we’re in new worlds.
亚历山大 理智点吧
Alexander, be reasonable!
他们打算和我们平起平坐吗
Were they ever meant to be our equals?
分享我们的成果
Share our rewards?
你该记得亚里士多德的话
You remember what Aristotle said.
亚洲人
An Asian?
对一个从不对希腊守信的民族 婚姻的誓言又算什么
What would a vow mean to a race that’s never kept their word to a Greek?
让亚里士多德见鬼去吧 亚历山大
Aristotle be damned! Alexander!
宙斯和诸神在上
By Zeus and all the gods…
你凭什么比他们优秀 喀山德
…what makes you so much better than them, Cassander?
比实际的你还要优秀 你和那些和你一样的人不过如此
Better than you really are. In you and those like you is this.
亚历山大
Alexander.
最让我恼火的不是你们 对我的判断力缺乏尊重
What disturbs me most is not your lack of respect for my judgment.
而是你们对一个 远比我们古老的世界的恶意
It’s your contempt for a world far older than ours.
谁有空来杀掉我 我给一人五个
Five to any man who bothers to kill me.
再喝一杯吧 克雷塔斯
Have another drink, Cleitus.
你不是和国王有承诺吗 克雷塔斯
Shouldn’t you be bound to a king? Cleitus.
亚历山大 你不接受这些荣誉会显得软弱
Alexander, you look weak when you not accept these honors.
我明白 亲爱的岳父
I understand, my dear father…
但这和希腊的传统不符 那希腊的传统是软弱的
…but it’s against Greek ways. Then Greek ways are weak.
我老觉得这场交易 是她占了大便宜
I still think she got the better of him in this bargain.
我的女儿– 罗克珊娜
My daughter, Roxane…
她会成为你的好妻子
…she shall make you good wife.
她会为你杀人
She shall kill for you.
坏家伙 天上和地上之王
Raw skunk, ruler of heaven…
坏家伙 天上和地上之王
…and earth.
为了向这场伟大的联合致敬
In honor of this great alliance…
我 俄克雅特斯给你准备了份大礼
…l, Oxyartes, offer you these great gifts.
我代表我的人♥民♥向你敬酒
I would like to honor a toast to you from my people.
早上好 大人
Good morning, sire.
我们会为你战斗 亚历山大
We shall fight for you, Alexander.
会非常血腥
It shall be bloody.
谁是那熊
Who’s the bear?
帕曼纽
Parmenion.
你得完全控制自己的供给线
You’ve been in complete control of your supply lines.
他的悲观思想可是会传染人的
His pessimism is infectious.
他会忠诚的
But he’ll stay loyal…
只要他儿子还跟着我们
…as long as his son remains with us.

Hey!
她的眼睛告诉我 她在意你 亚历山大
Her eyes tell me she cares for you, Alexander.
也许太在意了
Perhaps too much.
按我国的说法
In the ways of my country…
爱得太深的人会失去一切
…those who love too much lose everything…
爱得轻佻的人
…and those who love with irony…
反而能持久
…last.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!