Conductor!
管♥理♥员♥
Now right here…
就在这儿…
right here I’d like to add something about last year’s taxes.
这里有理想的税率
I wouldn’t add a thing. Just give ’em the facts.
我希望另外的东西 只要说出事实
Yeah, and the figures. Great speech.
和数据 这就是成功的演说
What this state needs is a balanced tax program.
本州最需要的就是平衡税率计划
Last year…
去年…
last year the state claimed to have spent on roads…
去年州政♥府♥声称 已定出合理比率…
You all know that figures don’t lie,
你们都知道数字不会撒谎
and you know that facts are easy to understand.
而且你们知道事实很容易理解
Do you mind if I sit with you, Sadie? Stand, sit.
萨迪 你不介意我坐下吗? 当然不介意
Thanks.
谢了
Tell me, what are you on this merry-go-round for?
告诉我 你在这次巡回中做什么?
I take notes.
我做记录
For whom? For those “whom” pay me.
为谁? 为那些付我钱的人
Which is? People.
像是? 一些人
Smart people.
明智的人?
Yeah. Anybody that pays me is smart.
是的 任何付我钱的都是明智的人
You don’t have to be smart to frame a guy like Willie Stark.
你对于像威利这样的人 不必明智
No. No, brother, you don’t.
不 不 兄弟不是这样
It is a frame, isn’t it?
至少他是朋友吧?
Why don’t you give me a cigarette?
何不先请我抽根烟?
To split the vote and win the election for Harrison, huh?
找他来搅局以间接帮助 哈里森?
If you know, why you ask?
你知道他为何要求我?
I just want to make sure. Yeah.
我只是想确定 是啊
Look, why don’t you tell the boys home to save their money?
你可以回去叫他省省钱
Willie couldn’t steal a vote from Abe Lincoln
威利不可能赢取选票
in the cradle of the Confederacy.
造成搅局的
I wish the poor had enough sense to
我希望那可怜的人会有点概念
have somebody give him a good greasing…
是有人要用他 …
for the beating he’s going to get;
来搅局
This way all he gets out of it is the ride.
因为只有用这种方法
Hey, those speeches… ain’t they awful?
他不会讲话的… 一点也不
Ain’t they just plain awful?
他们不是设计得很棒吗?
Question to you:
问你个问题
If somebody told him he was a sucker,
如果有人说他是个没用的菜鸟
do you think he’d quit?
他会停下吗?
I don’t know, Sadie.
我不知道 萨迪
I really don’t know.
我真的不知道
Did it sound all right, Mr. Burden? Fine, Willie. Fine.
波顿 我讲得还可以吧? 好极了 很好
Now, friends, if you will bear patiently with me for a few minutes,
各位朋友 请容我担误几分钟
I’ll give you the figures.
我要给你们一些数据
What we need is a balanced tax program.
本州最需要的就是平衡税率方案
No, Willie, no!
不 威利 不是这样
What I need is some sleep! Shut up! Shut up yourself!
我需要睡眠 闭嘴 闭上你的嘴
Listen, Willie, try it on your feet this time.
你站起来讲
Oh, no, my feet are killin’ me. Let me stay here, huh?
等等 我可站不住了 就让我卧在床上吧
All right. Look, Willie, you tell them too much.
威利 你说了太多废话
Just tell them you’re gonna soak the fat boys
只要说明你要为社会尽那些力
and forget the rest of the tax stuff.
忘了那些课税的问题
That’s what I say. But it’s the way you say it.
那正是我想说的 但问题是你如何去说
Willie, make ’em cry, make ’em laugh,
要使他们哭泣 欢笑
make ’em mad… even mad at you.
甚至为你疯狂
Stir them up, and they’ll love it and come back for more.
激动他们使他们愿意再来听
But for heaven’s sakes, don’t try to improve their minds.
但千万别想改变他们的心智
A man don’t have to be governor.
不一定非得要做州长
What? A man don’t have to be governor.
什么? 不一定非得要做州长
Well, they haven’t counted the votes yet.
他们也还没算过真正可能得票
I’m gonna lose, Mr. Burden.
我会输的 波顿先生
I know that. Don’t try and fool me.
我知道的 别想欺骗我
I’m not gonna lie to you… I wanted it.
但我不想骗人… 我想要
I wanted it so badly, I-I stayed up nights thinkin’ about it.
我很想要当州长 晚上都睡不着
A man wants somethin’ so badly, he gets
一个人疯狂想要一件事物时
mixed up in knowin’ what he wants. It’s somethin’ inside of you.
在他的内心里 他会混然不知真正目标
would have made a good governor…
我要做个好州长…
I better than those other fellas.
比现任州长好
Come in.
请进
A great governor.
伟大的州长
If you won’t let me sleep, you might give me a drink.
不让我睡觉 至少要给我点酒
Build highways, greatest system of highways in the country.
修建高速公路 该地区最大的高速公路系统
Help yourself.
请自便吧
I’d build ’em schools. What’s up?
建新学校 怎么回事?
Nothing,
没事
except Willie here’s been saying as how he’s not gonna be governor.
只是威利不相信会当州长
So you told him.
你跟他说了
I don’t tell anyone anything. I just listen.
我没有跟任何人说任何事 我只是听着
Who told you? Told me what?
谁告诉你的? 告诉我什么?
Told me what?
告诉我什么?
That you’re not going to be governor.
就是你不会成为州长
Jack, told me what?
杰克 告诉我什么?
Told me what? All right!
告诉我? 好吧
That you’ve been framed, you poor sap.
就是你的演说了无生趣
Framed? And how.
了无生趣? 可不是
Oh, you decoy… you woodenhead decoy.
你的地盘呢… 你根本没有地盘
And you let ’em! You know what you are?
只有看别人的 你知道你是什么?
Well, you’re the goat.
你只是个代打的牺牲品
You are the sacrificial goat.
你只是大拜拜用的山羊
You are a sap because you let ’em.
你是替人打天下 而你混然不知
Sadie, that’s enough. Enough?
萨迪 够了 够了吗?
He didn’t even get anything out of it.
他根本还弄不清怎么回事
Oh, they’d have paid you to take a rap like that.
你对这一切完全外行
But they didn’t have to pay a sap like you. Oh, no.
但他们却不必为你付出代价
You were so full of yourself and hot air,
你却被自己的高傲所愚弄
all you wanted was a chance …
你只是想有个…
to stand up on your hind legs and make a speech.
站在高台演说的机会
“My friends…
我的朋友们…
“My friends, what this state needs is a good five-cent cigar.
我的朋友们 你们最需要的是烟
What this state needs is a…”
这个都市需要的是…
Is it true? He wants to know if it’s true.
真的吗? 你想知道这是不是真的
Is it true? That’s what they tell me.
是真的吗? 那是他们告诉我的
Here.
这里
Lay off. You’re not used to it.
别喝了 你不习惯喝酒的
He’s not used to a lot of things, are you, Willie?
你不习惯于很多事的 不是吗?
Why don’t you lay off him, Sadie? Are you, Willie?
萨迪 你何不住手? 威利 你呢?
Are you? Are ya, are ya, are ya, are ya?
你呢? 你呢? 你呢? 你呢? 你呢?
Hi.

Well, things seem to have quieted down.
似乎一切都安静下来了
Yeah, I quieted him down.
是的 我让一切静下来的
Yeah. How was he… noisy?
是的 他怎么样… 很吵吗?
Oh, he reared some.
他是个好人
He’s been tellin’ me all the things he’s gonna do.
他一直要跟我说他想做的事
He’s gonna do big things, this fella.
他打算做伟大的事
He’s gonna be president.
他打算做总统
He’s gonna kill people with his bare hands.
用双手杀死人♥民♥
I quieted him down.
我让他静下来的
Hey, who’s Lucy? His wife.
对了 露西在那? 他太太?
He talks like she’s his mammy.
你说得好像她是他妈妈
She’s gonna blow his nose for him.
得为他忍♥住一切悲痛
Well, I’ll take it from here on in.
我会带到烤肉大会
They’re waiting for him at the barbecue.
和你碰面
Yeah. Well, give me a receipt for the body.
好的 也许你是带个昏睡的身体
I’ll be on my way.
我自己先走了
Hey, Willie. Willie.
威利 威利
Come on, wake up, Willie. Come on, Willie.
什么? 醒醒 起床 快醒醒 威利
Where is he? There he is.
他在哪儿? 他在那边
Whoops.
哎哟
Is he drunk?
他喝醉了吗?
Never touches the stuff. Lucy doesn’t favor drinkin’.
别提这个主题 露西不会嫁个酒鬼的
How’d you get him here? He was out stiff.
你怎么能带他来的 他不是醉昏了吗?
Hair of the dog that bit him. “Hair”?
用解醉的酒给他喝 解醉酒?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!