The following is an interpretation of events based on..
本片是对真实事件的描述 基于…
Baniszewski v. The State of Indiana, 1966.
1966年发生在印第安纳州的巴尼泽夫斯基事件
All testimonies comes from court transcripts.
所有证词来自法庭记录
I used to love the carnival.
我曾经很喜欢嘉年华
Daddy worked all the fairs selling pretzel…
爸爸在每个集市奔忙 卖♥♥脆饼干…
and candy apple.
和糖苹果
Always looking for something better.
总是在找更好的
Sometimes mama would follow him…
有时候妈妈和他一起…
sometimes he even take us.
有时候他甚至带上我们
It was always a new adventure…
这总是一种全新的游历…
with a whole new family, every time.
全家人一起 每次都是
I figured Jennie and me, were…
我觉得詹妮和我 是…
the luckiest girls in the world. with a life like that.
世界上最幸运的女孩永远如此
My favorite was the merry-go-round…
我的最爱是旋转木马…
Maybe I was a little old for it, but…
我可能已经有点过了玩它的年龄 但是…
all those other rides they scared me.
其它的乘坐游戏都会吓到我
The merry-go-round, just goes round and round, and up and down.
旋转木马 只是转啊转啊 上啊下啊
It don’t go anywhere, but I always felt save.
我不知道要去哪 但是我总是觉得安全
That’s me on the left.
左边的就是我
Sylvia.
西尔维娅
And that’s my story.
这是我的故事
I’m a Prostitute and proud of it.
我是妓♥女♥ 并以此为荣
Would you please state your name.
请陈述您的姓名
Lester Likens.
莱斯特·莱肯斯
Are you married to Betty Likens?
贝蒂·莱肯斯是你妻子吗?
Yes.
是的
Did you and your wife ever separate?
你和你妻子曾经分开过吗?
Yes.
是的
What period of time did that occur?
什么时间段发生的?
The last week in June 1965.
1965年6月的最后一个星期
She was at Euclid street, and I was in Lebanon, Indiana.
她在欧几里德大街 我在印第安纳的黎巴嫩市
Where were the children?
孩子们在哪?
Jennie Faye and Silvia Marie was with her.
詹妮 费依和西尔维娅·玛丽和她在一起
Do you think, we’ll make new friends?
你觉得 我们会认识新朋友吗?
Sure we will.
肯定会的
Well, maybe there’ll be some cute boys this time.
好 说不定这次会遇到些可爱的男孩子
They’re supposed to be cute.
估计会很可爱
Come on girls, you don’t wanna be late now for church.
女孩们快点 你们不想去教堂迟到吧
Hey!
嘿!
Daddy?
爸爸?
Hey, Jennie. What’re you doing here?
嘿 詹妮 你怎么来了?
Well, I missed you girls.
我想你们
Hi Betty, can I talk to for a minute?
嗨 贝蒂 我能跟你谈上一分钟么?
You know, I’ve been talking to a Horst and he says…
我已经和霍斯特谈了 他说…
that we could maybe play our own band at the state-fair this year.
在今年的州立集♥会♥上 或许可以让我们自己的乐队表演
Then maybe we could make enough money to go on tour.
那么我们就可以有足够的钱继续旅行了
I told Lester, that I can’t do it anymore…
我说过了莱斯特 我不能再这么做了…
not with the girls.
丢下孩子们没人管
Maybe my mother will take them.
或许我母亲可以照顾她们
I can’t move them up there again.
我不能又让她们从这搬走
They haven’t even had a chance to make friends down here yet.
她们甚至还没来得及在这交朋友
Betty, maybe we wouldn’t fight as much, without the kids.
贝蒂 没有孩子的话 我们也许不会总是闹了
Mama?
妈妈?
You two, go on ahead and catch the church bus home.
你们俩先走 坐教堂的巴士回家
I’ve gotta settle things with your father.
我要和你父亲安顿些事情
See what love the father has given us…
天父给了我们怎样的爱…
and we are called children of god.
我们被称为上帝的子民
And so we are!
我们全都是
But how does a child, come on to his father?
但是孩子如何跟随他的父亲?
How does the father, come on to the child?
父亲如何引领孩子?
Christ said: I am the way. The truth, the live and love.
基♥督♥说 我是道路真理 生命和爱
Come on to the father, but by me.
跟随天父 但是通过我
Our families, our fathers, our mothers.
我们的家人 我们父亲 我们的母亲
It is only through Christ, that we find our father.
只有通过基♥督♥ 我们才能找到我们的天父
And it’s only through Christ, that we find each other.
只有通过基♥督♥ 我们才能找到彼此
Oh, that’s a beautiful dress, Hope.
喔 好漂亮的裙子
Oh, thank you, Gertrude.
谢谢 格特鲁德
And huh… I’m feeling much better, with my new medicine…
哦…吃了新药之后 我觉得好多了…
and… you know anybody, that needs ironing to be done…
而且…每个人都需要熨衣服…
I’d appreciate the work.
我感激这份工作
I’ll do that.
我会处理的
Thank you.
谢谢
What happened to your leg?
你的腿怎么了?
That’s not nice, Shirley!
这不好 雪莉!
That’s alright, she’s used to it.
没事 她习惯了
So what is it? Polio.
那 怎么了? 小儿麻痹症
Polio?
小儿麻痹症?
Does that hurt?
疼么?
Our mama is a sick too.
我们的妈妈也是个病人
All right girls!
好了孩子们!
We gotta go.
我们要走了
Can they come with us?
她们能和我们一起么?
You wanna come? We’ve got some friends coming over…
想来吗? 会有些朋友来…
and you can meet our older sister.
你还可以见到我们大姐
Let’s do. Sure!
走吧 好!
Guess who got stuck with an extra shift at work?
猜猜看谁被”额外”的加班缠得无法分身啊?
Did you get paid? Mm’hm.
拿到报酬了吗? 嗯
Got a little extra for dinner.
拿一点”额外”的吃晚饭
Here, take the baby.
给 接着孩子
Where’d they come from?
她们哪里来的?
What’s this?
这是谁?
We invited them to stay and play.
我们邀请她们来玩
We’ll be quiet.
我们会保持安静
All right, make sure of it.
好吧 保证如此
I really like this song.
我真的喜欢这首歌♥
What’s your dad do?
你♥爸♥爸做什么的?
He is cop, they are divorced.
他是警♥察♥ 他们离婚了
Do you miss him any?
你想他吗?
Nah, I just miss his money.
不 我只是想念他的钱
But, Paula! Well, it’s true.
但是 宝拉! 嗯 是真的
Maybe, if he’s more regular with his support…
或许 如果他规矩点…
Mom wouldn’t be so sick…
妈妈也不会病得那么重…
and I wouldn’t have to work so hard.
我也不必这么费劲的工作
Little Kenny’s got a different daddy.
小肯尼有一个不一样的爸爸
Who’s little Kenny? The baby.
谁是小肯尼? 婴儿
But we ain’t supposed to talk about that.
但是不准我们谈论这个
Auh!
啊!
Finished!
好了!
Wow! You should do this for a living.
哇哦! 你应该靠干这个养家
Yeah, if she was old enough.
是啊 如果她年龄够大
You want me to do yours?
要我帮你梳吗?
Oh, no, thanks.
不了 谢谢
Yeah, she’s the pretty one.
嗯 她很漂亮
Yeah, she’s got nice hair.
是啊 她有一头秀发
I’m pretty too. The hell you are!
我也很漂亮 去死吧!
Oh, let me see that brush.
让我看看那个梳子
I tell you what? Let’s go get a coke.
我说 我们去买♥♥可乐吧
My boyfriend works over at the liquor store, get him to buy a couple.
我男朋友在小酒馆工作 找他买♥♥两瓶
Sure.

You girls behave!
你们安分点!
We’re goin’ to groceries.
我们要去杂货店
Tell Andy, he owes me for little Kenny!
告诉安迪 他欠我小肯尼的钱!
And don’t be waistin’ time on that bag-boy.
不要在那个打包男孩身上浪费时间
He ain’t a bag-boy, Mama!
他不是打包男孩 妈妈!
Sort of wasted space.
有点浪费空间
She don’t like my boyfriend. Yeah, I can see that.
她不喜欢我男朋友 嗯 看得出来
Hey, Johnny, quit it!
嘿 约翰尼 住手
Sorry, Mrs. Doyle.
抱歉 杜伊勒太太
Hey!
嗨!
You weren’t at church today.
今天你没去教堂

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!