Do you promise? I promise.
你保证? 我保证
Te adoro. Te adoro.d
特·阿多 特·阿多
This is how it’s been.
他一直这样
He sings for a while, then he goes completely catatonic.
唱一会 然后就非常紧张
And you did a neurological workup?
检查神经传导了没?
Yeah. No tumors, no seizures, no sign of stroke.
检查了 没有肿瘤 没有痉挛 没有中风
Paul?
保罗?
If you’re faking, Paul, I’m gonna know.
如果你在装蒜的话 保罗 我会知道的
When I was a resident, we used to play with the catatonics.
我还是住院医生的时候 就会对付紧张症
Well, I don’t think he’s faking. I don’t think he’s smart enough.
好吧 我认为他没有装 他没那么聪明
Street smart, yeah
小精灵鬼
but we’re talking about an IQ just north of a bedroom slipper.
但是我们只是谈论了智商问题仅仅是睡觉不适引起的腰椎突出
So if he is truly
那么 如果他真的是
catatonic, if I stuck him with this needle
紧张症 那么即使我用针扎他
This is just plain saline, isn’t it? Yeah.
这是生理盐水吧? 是的
Yeah. Then he shouldn’t feel a thing. Right?
他应该连感觉都没有 对不?
That’s gotta hurt.
那会很痛
No reaction at all.
完全没有反应
I want to do some neuropsychological testing, okay?
我想做些心理测试 好吗?
Sure.
当然
Paul, I’m gonna give you some tests to assess your mental condition, okay?
保罗 我要给你做些测试 测试你的精神状况 好吗?
Now, do I have your consent to share the results of the tests?
我要得到你的同意 才可使用测试的结果
Mommy is mad at me because I made a boom on the rug.
妈妈生我的气是因为 我在地毯上搞得乱糟糟
I’m gonna take that as a yes. Good.
我把那当成是”同意” 很好
Okay.
好的
Paul, I have 10 cards, each with a picture of an inkblot on it, okay?
保罗 我有10张卡片 每张上面有个墨水图
Here’s the first card.
这是第一张
Now look at it, and tell me what you see.
看看上面 告诉我你看见了什么?
I see a bat.
我看见一只蝙蝠
A bat or a weasel.
蝙蝠或者黄鼠狼
A bat or a weasel? Yeah.
蝙蝠或者黄鼠狼? 是的
Bat. Bat-weasel.
蝙蝠黄鼠狼
Do you see anything else?
还有别的什么吗?
Just a pussy with teeth.
还有带牙齿的阴♥户♥
Pussy with teeth. Yeah.
还有带牙齿的阴♥户♥ 是的
Next card.
下一张
Excellent, Paul.
很不错 保罗
One hour and 12 minutes.
花了一个小时十二分钟
I want you to take a look at this picture and tell me what’s happening.
我要你看看这幅图片 告诉我发生了什么事
I think we got a picture of a guy, nice, hardworking fella.
一个不错的小伙子 工作努力
Comes home, sees his wife is in bed with a midget
回到家里 看见他老婆和一个侏儒躺在床上
and she’s been fucking him while he’s out of town.
当他不在的时候 她一直和侏儒干
So she’s having intercourse?
你是说她在性♥交♥?
With a midget.
和一个侏儒!
Very good.
非常好
It doesn’t matter who they know downtown.
他们在市区认识谁没有关系
Tell them they got no leverage.
告诉他们 他们并没优势
Mr. Chapin? Come in. Come in. All right.
驰平先生? 进来 进来 好的
Hi, I’m Dr. Ben Sobel. Hi. Thanks for coming in. I appreciate it.
嗨 我是本·苏贝尔医生 嗨 谢谢你来 很感谢
My pleasure. So, what have we got?
我很乐意 那 结果怎样?
Okay
好的
Based on his symptoms and his test results, I would call it brief psychotic disorder
基于他的症状和测试结果 我称其为短暂性心理失常
and if it persists, schizophreniform disorder.
如果情况持续的话 就是精神分♥裂♥症
And Dr. Kassam, the psychiatrist at Sing Sing, concurs with the diagnosis.
卡萨姆医生 新新监狱里的精神病医师 同意这个诊断
So he’s crazy. Not crazy. No. At least not permanently.
那他是疯了 不是疯 不 至少不是永久性的
See, in certain people, prolonged exposure to extremely stressful situations
瞧 有一些人 长♥期♥处于紧张的环境之下
like soldiers in combat, for instance, or disaster victims or hostages
象战场上的士兵 灾难受害者 人♥质♥
can produce a temporary psychotic state.
都会产生暂时的心理障碍
How temporary? A day, a week, a month
有多”暂时”? 一天 一周 一月
if the precipitating stresses are removed.
除非令他们紧张的环境消失
Which means he’s not gonna get better as long as he’s in the can.
就是说他呆在监狱里就好不了
He could conceivably get worse.
还有可能恶化
Right now he thinks somebody is trying to kill him.
他现在认为有人要杀他
And he could deteriorate to the point where he’s permanently schizophrenic.
他会恶化到 变成永久性的精神分♥裂♥
Then he’s got a real problem. He goes before the parole board in four weeks.
问题是 他以前已经假释过4周
Would they actually release him?
他们会放了他么?
Oh, yeah. I’m sure they’ll want to release a major Mafia figure
难以想象他们会放掉一个主要的黑♥手♥党♥人物
who’s now certifiably deranged on top of it.
况且他还处于疯狂阶段
Why don’t they release him to a halfway house
为何不把他放到过渡教习所
or a center where he can get the care he needs?
或者他可得到治疗的某个地方?
Based on my earlier work with him, I don’t think he’s dangerous
根据我以前的经验 我不以为他有危险
and I think he’s making a strong effort to reform himself.
我认为他会努力重塑自己
Okay
好吧
I’ll tell you what I’m gonna do.
我告诉你我会怎么做
I’m gonna release him into your custody.
我要释放他 让你来监护
Mine? Oh, no. No, I couldn’t No. No. No.
我家? 不 不行 我♥干♥不了 不 不 不
Mr. Chapin, thank you, anyway, but this is a very bad time for me.
驰平先生 谢谢你 但我正处于一个糟糕的时期
See, my father just died. I’m sorry.
我父亲刚过世 我很抱歉
And I’m grieving. It’s a process. And I have a bulging disk in my neck.
我正在伤心 这需要一个过程 就象附骨之疽
And I have this burning sensation when I urinate
我撒尿时还有烧灼感
Yeah, I’ve had that too. We’re redecorating, which is a nightmare.
是的 我也有那感觉 我们还在适应 真♥象♥一场噩梦
You wanna see him killed in prison? No.
你想看到他在监狱中被杀死? 不
Or sent to a facility for the criminally insane?
或把他关进疯犯人的设施?
Of course not. Then he’s all yours.
当然不想 那就把他带走
I told my son we couldn’t have a dog. I’m gonna bring home Paul Vitti?
我告诉儿子我们不能养狗 我却把保罗带回家
I’m gonna talk to the Bureau of Prisons
我会和监狱说
and get you certified as a temporary federal institution.
让你当临时的联邦人员
I can’t be an institution. I work in the suburbs.
我不要当联邦人员 我在郊区工作
I handle neurotic soccer moms and alcoholic Gentiles
我治疗神经质的足球妈妈 醉鬼
You have got 30 days to get him into shape for his parole hearing.
你有30天假释期让他恢复正常
That means sane, sober and gainfully employed.
他到时候必须理智 清醒 做有收入的工作
Now I’m warning you, doctor. If he screws up in any way, if he flees
我先在警告你 医生 如果他以任何方式搞砸了 若他逃跑
or if I find out this was a setup to get him on the street
或者让我发现这是 让他重新回到街头的骗局
I will hold you totally responsible.
我都唯你是问
And you will pay dearly.
你将损失惨重
You’ll be stripped of your license and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
丢掉行医执照 从重判刑
Are we clear?
明白了吗?
Yes.
是的
Do you want him or not?
你要他还是不要?
Yes. Good choice. We’ll be in touch.
要 不错的选择 我会和你保持联♥系♥
Tony. Hi, how are you?
托尼 嗨 你好?
You okay?
你好吗?
Doctor, sign here and here, please. Okay.
医生 请在这里和这里签名 好的
Okay, thank you very much.
好了 非常感谢
You fucking piece of shit!
你这个该死的
I tell you someone is trying to kill me and you hang up on me?!
我告诉你有人要干掉我你还敢挂断了?!
I knew it. I knew it! You faked! You stuck me with a fucking needle!
我知道 我就知道你是装的! 我竟然用针扎我!
You used me to get you out of prison. It took you long enough.
你在利用我把你弄出监狱 你还等了那么长的时间
I’m singing West Side Story for three days. I’m half a fag already.
我唱了整整三天 都成了苦工了
What were you doing? I was in a funeral home!
你当时干什么? 我在葬礼上!
What’s that got to do with somebody trying to kill me? You’re my doctor!
那和有人要杀我什么关系? 你是我的医生!
My father died. So?
我父亲死了 那怎么样?
With you, it’s always, “Me, me, me.” He’s dead, so get over it. That’s life.
你就知道说”我 我 我” 他死了 就完了 这就是生活
Are you hearing this? Are you hearing you?
你听到吗? 你听到你在说什么了吗?
I’m deeply sorry for your loss, okay? Yeah, I can see how touched you are.
我对你的损失深表遗憾 好吗? 好 我可以看出你受到感动
All right. Who’s after you? You tell me.
好了 谁在追杀你? 我怎么知道
Could be my old crew, could be the Rigazzis, Lou the Wrench.
可能是我的老部下 可能是莱咖兹 也可能是卢·文气
Lou the Wrench? Why “the Wrench”?
卢·文气? 为什么是 “文气”?
The guy’s a maniac. He twisted some guy’s head off once.
那家伙是个疯子 他曾把一个人的头拧掉
Off? Off. Totally off.
拧掉? 拧掉 全部拧掉
The feds are putting pressure on everybody. All the families are fighting each other.
联邦调查局给所有人增加压力 整个家族都在争斗
It’s like the fall of the Roman Empire. WWIII.
就象罗马帝国的毁灭 第三次世界大战
What does this have to do with you? They knew I was getting out.
这和你有什么关系? 他们知道我出来了
The last thing they want to do is see me get into it.
他们最怕我参与进去
Just explain to them that you’re out of it now and you’re starting a new life.
跟他们解释你不会参与 你在过一个新生活
That’s a really imaginative thought. I wish I could have thought of that.
真是个充满想象力的办法 真希望我能想出来
Maybe they’d throw a party and give me a gold watch.
或许他们会为我开个聚会 奖我一块金表
What, are you kidding me?
什么 你在耍我?
Believe me, nobody’s happy that I’m getting out. Nobody.
相信我 我退出来谁都不会高兴
Wanna grab your stuff? No. Jelly’s gonna pick me up in an hour.
要把你的东西拿下来吗? 不用 杰利过一小时来接我

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!