Oh, my distant celestial friend…
不要 不要
No. No.
请照顾好我们勇敢的士兵
…please care for my brave soldier.
天哪 你知道吗 你太没礼貌了
Jesus. You know what? You are disrespectful,
真的 不仅是对你以前军队里的同袍
seriously, not only to your former comrades in the armed forces,
– 对总统也是一样 – 你忘记你的爱国誓言了
– but also to the president. – You forgot the flag.
我绝对记得我的誓言
Oh, I’m getting… I’m getting to the motherfucking flag.
哦 我的英雄
Oh, my hero.
– 干♥你♥ – 好啊
– Screw you. – Okay.
她一个人 你们不觉得我们应该去交个朋友
She’s all by herself. Don’t you think we should make friends?
– 显然你应该去 – 是的 我会去
– Well, obviously you should. – Yep, I’ll do it.
嘿 嘿
Hey. Hey.
– 我打扰你了吗 – 没有 完全没有
– Am I intruding? – No, not at all.
好啊
Cool. Phew.
你知道 好像你总是一个人 就是…
You know, I always see you here alone. It’s…
你大概感到不自然 或尴尬
I’m guessing you probably feel weird or awkward.
有点吧 我想是的
Somewhat, I guess.
不用 真的 不用那么想
Don’t. Seriously, don’t.
这里的人睡觉都保持婴儿的睡姿
The people here put themselves to sleep in the fetal position
还发出咕咕的声音
making cooing noises.
很奇怪 你知道
It’s freaky, you know.
– 我是安雅 – 莉娜
– I’m Anya. – Lena.
– 很高兴见到你 – 我也是
– Nice to meet you. – You, too.
不如你过去见见我的队员吧
Um, why don’t you come and meet my crew?
过去交朋友吧 来吧
Come make friends. Come on.
女士们 见过莉娜
Ladies, meet Lena.
– 嗨 幸会 – 嗨 你好
– Hi nice to meet you. – Nice to meet you.
嗯 那是凯茜谢帕德和乔茜拉德克
Yeah, that’s Cassie Sheppard, and Josie Radek.
– 嗨 很高兴见到你 – 嗨
– Hi. Nice to meet you. – Hi.
想坐下吗
Do you want to have a seat?
谢谢
Thank you.
– 所以这是你来南境的第一天 – 是的
– So, first day at the Southern Reach. – Yes.
– 谢谢 – 不客气
– Thank you. – You’re welcome.
你们来这里很久了
You all been here long time?
嗯 从一开始就参与了 我是地貌学家
Um, yeah, right from the start. I’m a geomorphologist.
我一直在测试边界周围的磁场
I’ve been testing the magnetic fields around the boundary,
就像用五彩纸屑测试飓风一样
which is like using confetti to test a hurricane.
我来这里十个月了
Uh, and I’ve been here… ten months.
哇 十个月了
Wow, ten months.
芝加哥来的医务护理人员
Paramedic from Chicago.
我原想加入非政♥府♥组织 申请被他们看到
Tried to join an NGO, but my application got flagged,
所以我就来南境了
so Southern Reach got me.
只来了两个月 我是物理学家
Only two months. I’m a physicist.
在剑桥大学读完博士后就过来了
I came straight from my Cambridge postdoc.
她非常聪明
She’s very smart.
你是怎么来的 莉娜
What’s your story, Lena?
我来自约翰霍普金斯大学 生物学家
Uh, I’m from Johns Hopkins, biologist.
– 哦 是啊 – 生物学家
– Oh, there you go. – Ha, biologist?
– 跟你说过她很聪明 – 什么
– Told you she was smart. – What?
我们拿你的职业打赌 乔茜选了生物学家 当然
We had a bet on your profession, and Josie had biologist, of course.
– 我猜你是执法人员 – 我猜你是单身
– I had law enforcement. – I had you as single.
天哪 你还是没变 要跟每个人调情吗
Jesus. Do you have to hit on everyone, like all the time?
少来了 去你的 要看情况
Come on. Fuck that. Under the circumstances,
我想我还是可以再跟别人调几次情的
I think I’m allowed to roll the dice a few more times.
什么情况
Under what circumstances?
对 跟看起来一样疯狂…
Well, yeah, um, crazy as it seems…
就是很疯狂
Crazy as it is.
我们要朝那个方向前进
…we are headed that way.
– 你们要进入”闪光” – 六天以后
– You’re going into the Shimmer? – Six days and counting.
– 你们三个 – 四个
– You three? – Four.
还有文崔斯
Ventress.
文崔斯博士
Dr. Ventress?
嗯 她是小队领导人
Mmm. Team leader.
– 全是女的 – 科学家
– All women. – Scientists.
前一个小队大部分是军方人员 所以…
The previous teams have been largely military, so,
没错
yeah.
他们遭遇了什么
What do you think happened to them?
关于”闪光”里面的问题 我们有两种猜测
Well, there are two theories of what went wrong in the Shimmer.
一种是有东西杀了他们
One, something kills them.
另一种是他们疯了 自相残杀
Two, they go crazy and kill each other.
有一名军人逃了出来
There was one military guy who made it out.
是的 中士
Yeah. A sergeant.
但你们也听说了他进来时的状况
Yeah, but you heard about the state that he was in.
凯恩…
Kane…
我知道你为什么进去了
I know why you went in.
我非常抱歉
I am so sorry.
我知道自己必须做什么
And I know what I have to do.
你没有告诉他们 你和凯恩中士的关系
So you didn’t tell them about your connection to Sergeant Kane?
我觉得 告诉他们会让事情变得复杂
I thought it would complicate things.
怎么了
What?
什么会变复杂
What would it complicate?
你为什么要进入”闪光”
Why are you going into the Shimmer?
此次任务的目标是要到达
The mission statement is to reach
假定的”闪光”源头 灯塔
the supposed source of the Shimmer,
进入 获取数据 返回
the lighthouse, enter and acquire data, and return.
但我觉得这不是你的任务目标
But I don’t think that that’s your mission statement.
不是
No.
我观察这个现象有一段时间了
I’ve been watching the phenomenon for a while now.
我给这些志愿者做的心理评估
I profile the volunteers.
我挑选团队
I pick the teams.
他们进入 我观察
They enter, I watch.
我观察到它的边界离我们越来越近
I watch it grow closer.
只有一个半死的人回来
There’s only so long one can do that.
但你需要知道里面有什么
But you need to know what’s inside?
是的 没错
Yes, I do.
我也需要知道
So do I.
所以这就让问题复杂化了
So that’s the complication.
你想和我们一起去
You want to come with us.
待在这里我帮不了他
I can’t do anything for him here.
军人科学家
Soldier- scientist.
你可以战斗
You can fight.
你可以学习
You can learn.
你可以救他
You can save him.
你要求加入这次任务
You requested to join the mission.
你知道之前的所有任务都失败了
You knew all other missions had failed
唯一的幸存者也只是勉强活下来
and the only survivor was barely surviving.
这是个勇敢的选择
That was a brave choice.
我欠他的
I owed him.
我只是想办法理解你的动机
I’m only trying to understand what drove you.
我欠他的…
I owed him.
所以我进去了
so I went in.
然后我们终于有些真正的食物了
And then we get some real meals.
通心粉
Spaghetti.
拉德克的蔬菜饼干
Here’s Radek’s vegetable crackers.
哇 玉米面包 不赖啊
Wow, cornbread. That’s not so bad.
哦 你终于醒了
Oh, you’re finally awake.
让我缓一会儿 我有点迷失方向了
You gotta give me a second. I’m a little disoriented.
大家都一样
Join the club.
你忘记如何扎营了 是不是
You don’t remember setting up camp, do you?
我们到达林木线之后 我什么都记不起来了
I don’t remember anything…after we reached the tree line.
我们也是
None of us do.
我们清点了食物
And we did a food inventory.
从食物消耗来看 我们在这里
From the depletion, we’ve been out here for,
至少待了三到四天
at least three or four days.
那不可能
That’s not possible.
我也觉得不可能
That’s what I said.
各位 我一直在检查 我的通讯和导航设备
Guys, I’ve been checking my comms and nav equipment.
它们启动正常 电子系统没有问题
They boot up fine, no problem with the electronics,
摄像头正常工作
and the camera is working,
但无法将信♥号♥♥送出”闪光”
but anything that sends a signal out of the Shimmer… is down.
虽然此时此刻我们头顶上 可能有20颗通讯卫星

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!