坐一分钟
Sit down a minute.
我要一个孩子。
I’m going to have a child.
在大约六个月内。
In about six months.
嘉莉
Carrie.
别担心,亲爱的,我感觉很棒。 真的,我知道。
Don’t worry, darling, I feel wonderful. Really, I do.
我的宝贝。
My darling.
乔治在燃烧吗?
Is something burning, George?
嘉莉
Carrie.
嘉莉 我做了什么?
Carrie. What have I done?
-可以,我可以打补丁。 – 修补?
– It’s all right, I can patch it. – Patch?
我怎么穿补丁?
How can I wear a patch?
我做了什么?
What have I done?
两个洗碗机。
Two dishwashers.
– 你。 有你的宿舍吗? – 是的先生。
– You. Got your quarter? – Yes, sir.
没有信用。 你得有四分之一。 如果还没有,那就出去。
No credit. You gotta have a quarter. If you haven’t, get out.
你。
You.
就这些。
That’s all.
年轻人?
Young man?
我可以从你那买♥♥吗?
Could I buy that from you?
– 多少钱? -您会赚取10美分的利润吗?
– For how much? – Would a 10-cent profit interest you?
我整个早上都在那儿等。 这些东西很难得到。
I been waiting in there all morning. These things are hard to get.
是的,我知道,但是我非常需要一天的工作。
Yes, I know, but I need a day’s work very badly.
我有一个妻子,有一个孩子要来。
I have a wife, with a child coming.
这是一个可悲的故事。 我们将严格保留其商业用途。
It’s a sad story. We’ll keep it strictly commercial.
您愿意为此花50美分吗?
Would you take 50 cents for it?
是的,我要50。
Yeah, I’ll take 50.
我是赫斯渥太太。 这是奥布莱恩先生。
I’m Mrs. Hurstwood. This is Mr O’Brien.
– 你怎么…? -赫斯渥先生在这里吗?
– How do you…? – Is Mr Hurstwood here?
不,他不是。
No, he isn’t.
-你什么时候期待他? -为什么,我希望他在任何时候。
– When do you expect him? – Why, I expect him any minute.
我将等待。
I’ll wait.
– 下午好。 – 先生你好…
– Good afternoon. – Hello, Mr…
-奥布莱恩先生。 -赫斯渥先生,我相信你很好。
– Mr O’Brien. – Mr Hurstwood, I trust you’re well.
是的。
Yes.
– 你有见到过…? – 是的。
– Have you met…? – Yes.
我认为我们最好选择正确的业务。
I think we had better get right to the business.
是的。
Yes.
赫斯渥先生,您知道,您的儿子正在考虑结婚。
You see, Mr Hurstwood, your son is thinking of getting married.
是他? 我认识那个女孩吗?
Is he? Do I know the girl?
继续吧,奥布赖恩先生。
Get on with it, Mr O’Brien.
是的。
Yes.
我的委托人对她的房♥子提出了丰厚的报价。
My client has had a handsome offer for her house.
她的愿望是在现代公♥寓♥式酒店中出♥售♥和居住。
It is her desire to sell and take up residence in a modern apartment hotel.
您的签名将允许她这样做。
Your signature would permit her to do so.
-我把论文都整理好了。 – 谢谢。
– I have the papers all made out. – Thank you.
一万一千美元。 那将是每个$ 5,500。
Eleven thousand dollars. That would be $5,500 each.
好吧…
Well…
…我的客户没有打算进行任何部门划分。
…my client had not contemplated any division.
您的客户想出♥售♥属于我们共同财产的房♥屋。
Your client wants to sell a house which is our joint property.
为此,她必须有我的签名。 那是法律。
To do so, she must have my signature. That’s the law.
为了获得我的签名,她必须给我一半的财产。
To get my signature, she must give me half of what we own.
奥布赖恩先生,如果他现在不签署该文件,
If he doesn’t sign that paper now, Mr O’Brien,
我将以重婚罪将他送进监狱。
I’ll send him to jail on a charge of bigamy.
重婚?
Bigamy?
我以为你会更漂亮。
I thought you were going to be prettier.
你…
You…
你离婚了
You got your divorce.
他告诉我你一年前离婚。
He told me you got your divorce a year ago.
-我永远不会与他离婚。 -你一定要。 你一定要。
– I will never divorce him. – You’ve got to. You’ve got to.
让她,乔治。 做她
Make her, George. Make her.
赫斯渥太太,我了解您的感受。
Mrs Hurstwood, I understand your feelings.
但是从实际意义上讲,你不能让他签字。
But in a practical sense, you can’t make him sign.
您想要那笔钱,监狱将不会为您得到。
You want that money, and jail won’t get it for you.
好吧?
Well?
我想解决。 它的一部分,一小部分。
I think a settlement. A portion of it, a small portion.
我愿意给他2500美元。
I’d offer him $2,500.
好的。
All right.
我会和你讨价还价,朱莉娅。
I’ll make a bargain with you, Julia.
你总是喜欢讨价还价。
You always liked a bargain.
赫斯渥先生,您要多少钱?
How much will you take, Mr Hurstwood?
立即离婚
Give me an immediate divorce
我会做任何你想做的。
and I’ll do anything you want.
我们将立即提起诉讼。
We’ll institute proceedings at once.
赫斯渥先生,在那儿签名。
Sign right there, Mr Hurstwood.
嘉莉?
Carrie?
嘉莉?
Carrie?
她在睡觉。 医生给了她一些东西。
She’s sleeping. The doctor gave her something.
-她怎么了? -她会没事的。
– What’s the matter with her? – She’ll be all right.
她受伤了吗?
Is she hurt?
你知道,她失去了婴儿。
You know, she lost the baby.
让她呆一会儿。
Let her alone for a while.
如果你想要我,我将穿过大厅。
I’ll be across the hall if you want me.
乔治?
George?
你感觉如何?
How do you feel?
我在厨房♥里…
I was in the kitchen and I…
我知道。 我知道。
I know. I know.
最好
It’s best.
亲爱的,相信我,这是最好的。
Believe me, dearest, it’s for the best.
他们非常注意。 我知道。
They take a great deal of care. I know.
我们不想带孩子参加这个活动。
We don’t want to bring a child into this.
你很高兴,不是吗?
You’re glad, aren’t you?
不,嘉莉。
No, Carrie.
如果可以的话,我们将要生一个孩子。 没事的时候。
We’ll have a baby when we can. When it’s all right.
什么时候?
When?
我们什么时候有钱?
When we’re rich?
当您拥有一家很棒的大餐厅时?
When you own a great big restaurant?
你80岁的时候?
When you’re 80?
嘉莉,不要。
Carrie, don’t.
别生气。
Don’t be angry.
您将看到,我将停止播放此幻灯片。
I’m going to stop this slide, you’ll see.
它不会像这样继续下去。 不可以
It won’t go on like this. It can’t.
在我这样的年龄,当你失业时,
At my age, when you’re out of work,
人们认为您有问题。
people think there’s something wrong with you.
仅此而已,就更困难了。
That just makes it a little harder, that’s all.
只要有机会,我就会比以往更好。
When I get the chance, I’ll be better than ever.
您相信,不是吗?
You believe that, don’t you?
我不能告诉你,乔治。 但是我知道一件事。
I can’t advise you, George. But I know one thing.
我还年轻。
I’m still young.
而且我要生活。 不知何故。
And I’m going to live. Somehow.
– 哦,看。 – 好的。 媒介。
– Oh, look. – All right. Mediums.
仅媒介。 我说媒介。
Mediums only. I said mediums.
现在,您可以跨过舞台。 小心。
Now, you walk right across the stage. Heads up.
您在中心停留,以便古德曼先生可以看看…
You stop in the centre so Mr Goodman can get a look at…
没有祖母 我们这里需要舞者。 让我们来看看。
No grandmothers. We need dancers here. Let’s see.
前进。 您在前面露出微笑并排成一线。
Go ahead. You flash a smile out front and form a line.
现在轮到你。 有经验吗?
Now you. Any experience?
是的,我去过芝加哥几次演出。
Yes, I’ve been in several plays in Chicago.
-你玩什么? -卡米尔
– What did you play? – Camille.
– 你叫什么名字? -嘉莉…
– What’s your name? – Carrie…
梅登达
…Madenda.
-好的,卡米尔。 -满满的,古德曼先生。
– All right, Camille. – This fills it, Mr Goodman.
我会保留几个漂亮的家伙。 其中一些可能措手不及。
I’ll keep a couple of pretty ones around. Some of these might be flat-footed.
排练电♥话♥是明天早上九点。 要准时。
The rehearsal call is nine tomorrow morning. Be on time.
在接下来的四个星期中,您必须准时到达。 你能做到吗?
You gotta be on time for the next four weeks. Can you do that?
– 是的。 – 好的。
– Yes. – Good.
该节目将于11月4日星期一开始。 祝你好运,谢谢大家。
The show opens Monday, November 4th. Good luck and thank you all.
– 谢谢。 -那意味着我们有吗?
– Thank you. – That means we have it?
Madenda小姐,我可以带您回家吗?
May I walk you home, Miss Madenda?
乔治。 你看到节目了吗?
George. Did you see the show?
我看到一个发光的舞台,上面有一个人。
I saw a lighted stage and one person on it.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!