我不想坐下。 我想留言。
I don’t want to sit down. I want to leave a message.
是的。 它是什么?
Yes. What is it?
好吧,你能告诉杜洛埃先生吗,…
Well, would you tell Mr Drouet,…
…查理·杜洛埃(Charlie Drouet)先生,我不能来?
…Mr Charlie Drouet, that I couldn’t come?
我不能见他,我等不及要告诉他。
That I can’t meet him, and I couldn’t wait to tell him.
如果您将此还给他。
And if you’ll give this back to him.
-什么,路易斯? – 我不知道。
– What is it, Louis? – I don’t know.
-你在跟谁见面? -杜洛埃先生,查理杜洛埃。
– Who were you meeting? – Mr Drouet, Charlie Drouet.
-看他是否在这里。 -他不是。 我还早
– Let’s see if he’s here. – He isn’t. I’m early.
好吧,也许他还早。 他应该。
Well, maybe he’s early. He should be.
我们可以看看吗?
Shall we look?
好吧,如果我能离开这一点会更好。
Well, it would be better if I could just leave this.
-你要在这里吃晚饭吗? – 是的,我是。
– Were you going to have dinner here? – Yes, I was.
好吧,你为什么不等?
Well, why don’t you wait?
-这是一家非常好的餐厅。 – 我知道。
– It’s a very good restaurant. – I know.
-看起来吧。 -嘉莉 你好。 你很早到这里。
– It looks it. – Carrie. Hello. You got here early.
-晚上好,赫斯渥先生。 -杜洛埃先生,晚上好。
– Good evening, Mr Hurstwood. – Mr Drouet, good evening.
说,您对名字有很好的记忆。
Say, you’ve got a good memory for names.
我好几个月没来过这里了。
I haven’t been here in months.
你会跟着我吗?
Will you follow me?
路易
Louis.
-Drouet先生的餐桌。 – 谢谢。
– A nice table for Mr Drouet. – Thank you.
这边请。
This way, please.
尝试做一个明智的女孩。
Try to be a sensible girl.
别担心 把钱收起来。
Stop worrying. Put the money away.
这只是朋友的贷款。 我不会再想了。
It’s just a loan from a friend. I’m not gonna give it another thought.
给自己买♥♥一点外套。 您需要一件外套,不是吗?
Buy yourself a little coat. You need a coat, don’t you?
你在这。 找到工作后就还给我。 那有什么问题吗?
There you are. Pay me back when you get a job. Anything wrong with that?
在服务员拿起钱之前先把钱收起来。
Put that money away before the waiter picks it up.
当心。
Look out.
现在,那就解决了。
Now, then, that’s settled.
杜鲁埃先生,您真棒。
You’ve been awfully nice, Mr Drouet.
为什么不? 每个人都从别人那里得到一点帮助。
Why not? Everybody gets a little help from somebody.
一些芝加哥最好的女士就在这里。
Some of the finest ladies in Chicago are right here.
您认为他们从哪里得到一切? 来自他们的丈夫。 还是朋友。
Where do you think they get everything from? From their husbands. Or friends.
不。
No.
小个子。
The little one.
那是你第一次微笑。
That’s the first time you smiled.
来吧,让我们享受这个,好吗?
Come on, let’s enjoy this, will you?
-不,我没有点香槟。 -赫斯渥先生的赞美。
– No, I didn’t order any champagne. – The compliments of Mr Hurstwood.
好,谢谢。 非常感谢你。
Well, thank you. Thank you very much.
现在,不是很好吗?
Now, isn’t that nice?
还有一个微笑。 我希望你能看到它。
There’s another smile. I wish you could see it.
在这里,照镜子。 再来一遍。
Here, look in the mirror. Do it again.
你在那里,就在那里。 那两个窗户。 你看?
There you are, right up there. Those two windows. You see?
现在,为什么不站起来看看?
Now, why don’t you come up and take one look?
-我认为我没有更好。 -我要等出租车司机。
– I don’t think I better. – I’ll have the cabby wait.
如果您不喜欢它,可以马上回来。
If you don’t like it, you can come right back.
我想我要坐有轨电车。
I think I’ll take a streetcar.
给你姐姐的 你说他们不想要你。
To your sister’s? You said they didn’t want you.
你不想回到农场吗?
You don’t wanna go back to the farm?
你喜欢芝加哥。 您想留在这里,不是吗?
You like Chicago. You wanna stay here, don’t you?
这是一个不错的小公♥寓♥。
It’s a nice little flat.
它会空十天。 我要上路了。
It’ll be empty for ten days. I’m going on the road.
今晚11点我可以很容易地赶到爱迪生。
I can just as easy catch the 11 o’clock to Edison tonight.
如果您喜欢,请搬进去。没有板子。 不是一角钱。
If you like it, move in. No board. Not a dime.
等我回来的时候,你会好起来的。 也许您将拥有自己的位置。
By the time I get back, you’ll be fine. Maybe you’ll have a place of your own.
这是关键。
Here’s the key.
现在您说得通了。
Now you’re making sense.
– 谢谢你为我做的一切。 -没事
– Thank you for everything. – It’s nothing.
现在,您在这里等待。
Now, you wait right here.
– 你要去哪里? -我得拿我的书包,不是吗?
– Where are you going? – I gotta get my bag, don’t I?
好吧,我都收拾好了。 为什么不脱下帽子,让自己舒适呢?
Well, I’m all packed. Why don’t you take your hat off, make yourself cosy?
嘿,你吓死了。
Hey, you’re scared to death.
– 我是。 – 做什么的?
– Yes, I am. – What for?
我会告诉你的。 为什么我不出去买♥♥几瓶啤酒?
I’ll tell you what. Why don’t I go out and get a couple of bottles of beer?
我们将演奏留声机,让您感觉好些吧? 你怎么说?
We’ll play the graphophone, make you feel better, huh? What do you say?
好的。 我要去。
All right. I’m going.
我只是以为我会再坐火车,仅此而已。
I just thought I’d take a later train, that’s all.
不,我走了。
No, I’m off.
晚安。
Goodnight.
照顾好你自己。
Take care of yourself.
-晚安,赫斯渥。 -晚安,法官。
– Goodnight, Hurstwood. – Goodnight, Judge.
赫斯渥先生。
Mr Hurstwood.
晚上好。
Good evening.
我要谢谢你送来的那瓶酒。
I wanna thank you for that bottle of wine you sent over.
-你喜欢吗? -是的,非常。
– Did you enjoy it? – Yes, very much.
-小姐喜欢吗? -对她来说是一次全新的体验。
– Did the young lady enjoy it? – It was a brand-new experience for her.
-离开小镇? – 不。
– Leaving town? – No.
我只是在帝国饭店里待一两个晚上。
I’m just checking into the Imperial for a night or two.
也许三个。
Maybe three.
想要加入我的睡帽吗?
Care to join me in a nightcap?
我现在要走了。 还有一些时间。
I’m leaving now. Some other time.
当然。 好吧? 为房♥子喝酒。
Sure. Well? Drinks for the house.
包在我身上。
On me.
你好。
Hello.
你住在哪里?
Where do you live?
哦,那里。
Oh, there.
你想要一个苹果吗?
Would you like an apple?
不?
No?
你叫什么名字?
What’s your name?
你没名字吗
Haven’t you got a name?
好吧,那是什么?
Well, what is it?
我不应该和你说话。
I’m not supposed to talk to you.
好吧。
Well.
锋利如剃刀。
Sharp as a razor.
如果我认为可以摆动它,我会留小胡子。
If I thought I could swing it, I’d raise a moustache.
嘉莉,你怎么想像我一样留着小胡子?
How’d you like me with a moustache, Carrie?
什么事?
What’s the matter?
-你什么时候要嫁给我? -我什么时候…?
– When are you going to marry me? – When am I…?
好吧,随时随地。 你懂的。
Well, any time, any time at all. You know that.
房♥子里的人…
People in the house…
每个人,他们都知道。 他们谈论我。
Everybody, they know. They talk about me.
好吧,我不会支持这一点。
Well, I won’t stand for that.
-不,先生,我们会制止此事。 – 什么时候?
– No, sir, we’ll put a stop to that. – When?
什么时候? 这是一个问题。 那就是我们必须解决的时间。
When? That’s a question. That’s what we gotta settle is when.
好吧,我们今天不能结婚,可以吗?
Well, we can’t get married today, can we?
我们明天不能结婚,是星期六。
And we can’t get married tomorrow, it’s Saturday.
我不认为下周。 我星期四离开镇。
I don’t think next week. I leave town on Thursday.
我回来的时候。 你怎么说?
When I get back. What do you say?
我要去米妮的家。 我会告诉她…我不知道是什么。
I’m going home to Minnie’s. I’ll tell her… I don’t know what.
但是,如果您真的想嫁给我,那您就是为我而来…
But if you really wanna marry me, you come there for me,…
就像我和家人一起回到家一样
…just like I was home with the family.
嘉莉,那真是愚蠢。 事情会理顺的。
Carrie, that’s silly. Things are gonna straighten out.
您只需等待,您就会看到。 一切都会成为您想要的方式。
You just wait, you’ll see. Everything’s gonna be just the way you want it.
-我给你带礼物。 -我不会在这里。
– I’ll bring you a present. – I won’t be here.
无论如何,我都会带来它。
I’ll bring it anyway.
来吧,男孩,我们走了。 来吧。
Come on, boy, here we go. Come on.
那是男孩。 来吧。 打扰一下。
That’s the boy. Come on. Excuse me.
哦,赫斯渥先生。 你好。 很高兴再次见到你。
Oh, Mr Hurstwood. Hello. Good to see you again.
哦,你好,杜洛埃先生。
Oh, hello, Mr Drouet.
您如何看待狼? 全新的。
What do you think of the wolf? Brand new.
-我刚叫他哥伦比亚。 -冰雹,哥伦比亚。
– I just named him Columbia. – Hail, Columbia.
很好 它是针对密苏里州哥伦比亚市的。
That’s pretty good. It’s for Columbia City, Missouri.
-那是Carrie的来历。 -嘉莉?
– That’s where Carrie came from. – Carrie?
我带去吃饭的那个女孩。 记住?
The girl that I brought in to dinner. Remember?
-进错门的那个女孩。 -你现在应该见她。
– The girl who came in the wrong door. – You should see her now.
-你去哪儿? -不行,随便走吧。
– Are you going any place? – No, just walking.
我就住在这里。 过来喝一杯。
I live right here. Come up for a drink.
好吧…
Well, I…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!