-Thanks.
你知道 那些文章是对的 Caitlin真的快结婚了
You know, that article’s accurate. Caitlin really is getting married.
-你知道我刚才看到什么了吗?
-You know what I just watched ?
-我把一个罐头
-Me pulling a can
从某个笨蛋的拳头上拔下来了?
off some moron’s fist?
-绝地回归 -你听我说了吗? Caitlin真的要结婚了
-Return Of The Jedi. -Didn’t you hear me ? Caitlin is really getting married.
你更喜欢哪一个: 绝地武士还是帝国反击?
What did you like better: Jedi or The Empire Strikes Back ?
-帝国 -该死的
-Empire. -Blasphemy.
帝国有个更好的结局
Empire had the better ending.
我是说 Luke的手被砍了 并发现Vader是他的父亲
I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader’s his father.
Han被冻结 被Boba Fett带走
Han gets frozen, taken away by Boba Fett.
以这种越来越不好的结尾结束
it ends on such a down note.
我指 就像生命一样: 结尾越来越坏
I mean, that’s what life is: a series of down endings.
所有的绝地武士都是帮木偶
All Jedi had was a bunch of Muppets.
绝地武士还有其他优点 直到今天我才发现
There was something else going on in Jedi. I never noticed it ’til today.
-他们建造了另外一个死亡星 对吗? -是的
-They build another Death Star, right ? -Yeah.
第一个是在叛乱者被消灭掉之前完成的
The first one was completed
并可充分运行
and fully operational before the rebels destroyed it.
Luke把它炸了 把钱花在刀刃上
Luke blew it up. Give credit where credit’s due.
- 第二个又在建造了
-The second one was still being built
当他们炸掉第一个的时候
when they blew it up.
- Lando Calrissian的功劳
-Compliments of Lando Calrissian.
有些事从来都跟我想的不一样
Something just never sat right with me that second time around.
我从来就看不出来 但是有些事就是错的
I could never put my finger on it, but something just wasn’t right.
-那是你认错了
-And you figured it out.
-第一颗死亡星是由帝国♥军♥队控制的
-The first Death Star was manned by the lmperial Army.
星球上只有风暴骑兵 权贵人物 帝国成员
The only people on board were Storm Troopers, dignitaries, Imperialists.
-主要是这些
-Basically.
-那么当他们被炸掉的时候
-So when they blew it up,
毫无疑问 邪恶受到惩罚
no problem. Evil’s punished.
-第二轮呢? -还没有造好呢
-And the second time around ? -it wasn’t even done being built yet.
-已经在建造了 -那又怎么样?
-it was still under construction. -So ?
如此巨大的建筑工程需求…
A construction job of that magnitude would require…
远远超过了帝国♥军♥队所有的人力
a lot more manpower than the Imperial Army had to offer.
我打赌他们在这事上
I’ll bet they brought
肯定请了中立的施工人员
independent contractors in on that thing.
-水管工 铝工 屋顶工…
-Plumbers, aluminum siders, roofers–
-不光只有帝国成员
-Not just lmperialists.
-那就是你推出来的? -正是!
-Is that what you’re getting at ? -Exactly.
为了快速安静的造好
To get it built quickly and quietly,
他们雇佣了所有能雇佣的来做这项工作
they’d hire anybody that could do the job.
你以为风暴骑兵大都知道怎样造厕所啊?
You think the average Storm Trooper knows how to install a toilet main ?
-他们只知道拼杀
-All they know is killing.
-所以他们请来了中立的施工人员
-So they bring in independent contractors.
-你为什么这么不高兴?
-Why are you so upset ?
-那些无辜被牵扯进来的施工人员
-Those innocent contractors
也被杀了
brought in are killed,
战争伤亡 他们对此毫无办法
casualties of a war they had nothing to do with.
瞧 你是个房♥屋工
Look, you’re a roofer.
某个利润丰厚的政♥府♥和你签约
Some juicy government contract comes your way.
你有孩子老婆 在郊区有套两层楼的房♥子
You got a wife and kids, the two-story in suburbia.
这是政♥府♥契约 能让所有人受益
This is a government contract which means all sorts of benefits.
随后左翼好战分子用他们的激光
Along come these left-wing militants who blast everything…
炸掉了方圆三英里的所有东西
within a three-mile radius with their lasers.
你没有什么发言权 你没有个人的政♥治♥主见
You didn’t ask for that; you had no personal politics.
-你只是为了生活 -我不想打断你
-You’re just trying to scrape out a living. -I don’t mean to interrupt,
-但是你们到底在谈什么?
-but what are you talking about ?
-绝地武士回归的结尾
-The ending of Return Of The Jedi.
我朋友想说服我承认
My friend is trying to
中立施工人员在死亡星上效力
convince me that independent contractors working on the Death Star…
他们成了无辜的牺牲者
were innocent victims
当这颗星被叛乱者毁掉后
when it was destroyed by the rebels.
我自己也是个施工人 我是屋顶工
I’m a contractor myself. I’m a roofer.
“Done And Ready Home improvements”
“”Done And Ready Home improvements.””
做为屋顶工
Speaking as a roofer,
我要告诉你们 当在选择工作的时候…
I can tell you a roofer’s personal politics…
一个房♥屋工有很强的政♥治♥主见 -什么时候?
-comes into play heavily when choosing jobs. -Like when ?
三周前 有人叫我去一个山上的活儿
Three weeks ago, I was offered a job up in the hills.
很美的房♥子
Beautiful house.
很多财富 一个简单的重新铺屋顶板的工作
Tons of property. A simple re-shingling job.
他们告诉我是否能在一天内完成
They told me if I could finish it in one day,
可以付我双倍的工资
I would double my price.
-但后来我认出了这是谁的房♥子
-Then I realized whose house it was.
-谁的房♥子?
-Whose house was it ?
-Dominic Bambino的 -娃娃脸Bambino的? 那个强盗?
-Dominic Bambino’s. -Baby Face Bambino ? The gangster ?
差不多! 钱是很高 但太危险了
The same ! The money was right, but the risk was too high.
我知道他是什么样的人 基于这点
I knew who he was, and based on that,
我把这工作送给了我的一位朋友
I turned the job over to a friend.
-基于个人政♥治♥主见 -对!
-Based on personal politics. -Right !
第二周 Foresie家到娃娃脸家闹事
The next week, the Foresie family put a hit on Baby Face’s house.
-我朋友被开枪打死了
-My friend was shot and killed.
甚至铺好屋顶的工作还没有完成
Didn’t even finish re-shingling.
-这种事也有
-No way.
我活下来了 因为我知道
I’m alive because I knew
有些特殊的客户是很危险的
the risk involved in that particular client.
我的朋友就没有那么幸运了
My friend wasn’t so lucky.
所有在死亡星上工作的施工者
Any contractor working on that Death Star
都知道其中的危险
knew the risk involved.
如果他们被杀 那是他们自己的错误
If they got killed, it’s their own fault.
屋顶工听这里的 不听他的钱包的
A roofer listens to this, not his wallet.
他们说了这么多
They say so much,
但是他们从不告诉你好在那里
but they never tell you if it’s any good.
还有其他好的吗?
Are either one of these any good ?
-先生? -什么?
-Sir ? -What ?
-还有其他好的吗? -我不看电影的
-Are either one of these any good ? -I don’t watch movies.
哦 那么你听说过有关的东西吗?
Well, have you heard anything about either one of them ?
我发现最好是不要过问其他人的事
I find it’s best to stay out of other people’s affairs.
你是说你没有听过任何人说过
You mean you haven’t heard anybody say anything
有关这些电影的评价?
about either one of these ?
没有
Nope.
-那么这两个呢? -他们很难看
-Well, what about these two ? -They suck.
这是两个同样的电影
These are the same two movies.
-你根本没有注意看 -是的 他们不好看
-You weren’t paying any attention. -No, I wasn’t.
我想你经理不会为此而感激的
I don’t think your manager would appreciate it–
-我也不会感激你的诡计 夫人 -你说什么?
-I don’t appreciate your ruse, ma’am. -I beg your pardon ?
你的诡计 你试图用诡计来欺骗我
Your ruse. Your cunning attempt to trick me.
我仅仅指出你根本不在意我所说的
I was only pointing out that you weren’t paying any attention to what I was saying.
我希望感觉良好
And I hope it feels good.
-你希望什么感觉良好?
-You hope what feels good ?
-我希望感觉良好是对的
-I hope it feels so good to be right.
没有什么比指出其他人的缺点
There’s nothing more exhilarating…
更令人爽快的了 不是吗?
than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there ?
好吧 这是我最后一次在这里租带子
Well, this is the last time I rent here !
-我会想念你的 -操你!
-You will be missed. -Screw you !
-嘿 你再也不需再这里租带子了! -Yeah!
-Hey, you’re not allowed to rent here anymore ! -Yeah !
操♥我♥?
Screw me ?
-你绝对不相信
-You’ll never believe
刚才那个顾客怎么说的
what this unruly customer just said.
-等等
-Wait.
-她在这里? -这家伙要把这些蛋都毁了
-She in here ? -This guy’s going through all the eggs.
像这样已经持续了20分钟了
This has been going on for 20 minutes now.
-他在找什么?
-What’s he looking for ?
-他说他必须找到完美的一打
-Said he has to find the perfect dozen.
-完美的一打? -每个蛋必须完美
-Perfect dozen ? -Each egg has to be perfect.
-结果怎么样? -很明显不怎么样
-The quest isn’t going well ? -Obviously not.
-瞧瞧硬纸盒都还没有分级
-Look at all the cartons that didn’t make the grade.
-他为什么不混合起来匹配?
-Why doesn’t he mix and match ?
-我跟他说过了 他还对我大喊大叫呢
-I told him that, and he yelled at me.
-他说什么?
-What’d he say ?
他说标准是很重要的
He said it was important to have standards.
他说没有谁能这么自豪

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!