I start these short stories and I can’t finish them.
我一点也无法沉下心来写我的长篇,
I can’t get into my novel at all,
因为我已经拿了预付金。
because I took an advance.
我不知道。
I don’t know.
我发现自己现在吃的药片越来越多,
用的药越来越厉害……
I find that I’m taking more pills and medicine and…
你知道,你让我想起了
你写的那个短篇小说,
You remind me of that short story you were working on,
也许两个月以前吧——
maybe two months ago–
《演员》。
“The Actor”.
这该死的镜头好像不怎么对劲。
This goddamn lens has something wrong with it.
这个也不对吗?我已经换过镜头了。
This one, too? I changed lenses.
你什么意思?根本聚不了焦。
What do you mean? The focus is off.
– 我也不知道问题出在哪里了。
– 你看看中心,中心聚不了焦。
– I don’t know why it’s a problem. – The center’s out of focus.
我检查了所有的镜头,
不可能模糊的。
I checked all the lenses, they can’t be soft.
快点,伙计们,我们得加把劲了。
天有点晚了,我们得快点。
Let’s move it along. It’s getting late. Let’s move it.
我正要拍梅尔在长椅上的戏,
可是他模模糊糊的。
I’m tryin’ to shoot Mel, and he’s soft.
什么?
What?
– 你♥他♥妈♥的从哪儿租的这些镜头?
– 镜头没有问题。
– Where are you renting these lenses? – The lenses are fine.
– 老天,梅尔怎么这么模糊!
– 我说得不错吧,天才。他聚不了焦。
– Holy shit, Mel’s out of focus! – That’s what I said, genius.
不,不,我不是说镜头,
我是说梅尔本人。
No, I don’t mean the lens. I mean Mel himself.
让我瞧瞧!你♥他♥妈♥让开一下!
Let me see! Get the hell out.
难以置信,你说得没错。
梅尔变模糊了。
I don’t believe it. You’re right. Mel’s out of focus.
什么?你♥他♥妈♥在说什么啊?
What are you talking about?
我是说那演员变模糊了。
I said the actor’s out of focus.
什么?这怎么可能?
How can this be?
出什么事了吗?
Is something wrong?
– 梅尔,到这边来。
– 什么?
– Mel, come here. – What?
我不知道怎么跟你说这事儿,
I don’t know how to tell you this,
可是…呃…你变模糊了。
but you’re soft.
我长了点体重。
I’ve gained a little weight.
不…不,不是因为这个。
你…你变得模棱两可了。
It’s not that. You’re soft.
你…你聚不了焦了。
You’re out of focus.
我不知道什么原因。
我们能做什么呢?
I don’t know why. Is there anything we can do?
我调节不了这个。
I can’t adjust this.
你看看你自己,看一下你自己。
Look at yourself.
没什么办法了。
There’s nothing to do.
你肯定…你肯定你没事吗?
You sure you’re okay?
很模糊。像是……
It’s fuzzy.
– 好吧,你听着……
– 我感觉还好。
– All right, look… – I feel fine.
梅尔对不了焦了。
Mel’s out of focus.
他模模糊糊的。
He’s soft.
我不知道该怎么办了。
I don’t know what to do.
反正已经快四点了,
为什么我们不干脆收工算了?
It’s almost 4:00 anyway. Why don’t we just wrap?
我们收工,然后看看梅尔究竟怎么了。
We’ll wrap and we’ll see what happens.
好了,听着,我希望你现在就回家,
Now look. I want you to go home.
我希望你回去休息,好好休息一下。
And I want you to rest.
然后看看你能不能清晰起来。
And see if you can sharpen up.
格蕾丝,我回家了。
Grace, I’m home.
嗨,亲爱的。
Hi, honey.
嘿,怎么回事?
你看上去好奇怪。
Hey, what’s the matter? You look strange.
我变模糊了。
I’m out of focus.
是啊……
Yeah…
是的,你是有点模模糊糊的。
You are. Just a little bit.
而且你脸色有点苍白。
And you look pale.
爸爸,你怎么一点也不清楚啊!
Daddy, you’re all blurry!
也许…也许你应该进去躺下。
Maybe you should lie down.
– 我会给你拿点茶水和吐司进去?
– 爸爸模糊不清了!
– I’ll bring tea and toast? – Daddy’s out of focus!
爸爸不喜欢你这样,知道吗?
Daddy doesn’t need that, okay?
别这样,你要乖点!
Come on now, you be nice!
今天工作中出什么事了?
What happened at work today?
– 一开始他们以为是摄影机……
– 爸爸模糊不清了!
– First they thought it was the camera… – Daddy’s out of focus!
鲁本!别唱了!
Reuben! Stop it!
他们以为是摄影机的关系,
后来才发现是…因为我!
They thought it was the camera. Then…it was me!
– 真的啊?
– 是的,他们让我回家。简直太丢人了。
– Really? – They sent me home. It’s so humiliating.
你中饭没吃什么奇怪的东西吗?
海鲜什么的?
Did you eat anything strange at lunch? Any shellfish?
没有。这不是什么过敏反应。
我也不知道这怎么回事。
No. This isn’t an allergic reaction. I don’t know what it is.
你知道吗?
You know what?
我只需要躺下好好地
睡一个晚上,起来就好了。
I just need to get a good night’s sleep. I’ll be okey.
– 我肯定也是这么回事。
– 你到底怎么啦?
– I’m sure that’s all it is. – What happened to you?
你知道,你好好睡个晚上,
早点上♥床♥,
You get a good night’s sleep, turn in early,
明天你就没事了。
and tomorrow you’ll be fine.
可是第二天早上,
事情并没有好转。
The following morning, however, things did not improve.
事实上,情况变得愈发糟糕了。
In fact, the situation had gotten worse.
梅尔比前一天更加模糊不清。
Mel was more out of focus than ever.
我得去看一下医生了。
I gotta get to the doctor.
我还从来没碰到过这样的事。
I’ve never seen anything like this.
除了模糊不清,
你身体没什么毛病。
Nothing is wrong with you, except you’re out of focus.
你怎么啦?
What’s the matter?
因为看梅尔久了,
我有点晕船的感觉。
It’s from looking at Mel. I’m a little seasick.
所以我才要你们每个人都试一下这个。
That’s why I want everyone to try these.
– 我可不想戴眼镜。
– 等等,试一下看看。
– I don’t want to wear glasses. – Wait, let’s see.
我不想戴眼镜。
I don’t want glasses.
– 把它戴上,这样你就可以看清我了,儿子。
– 这样好多了!
– Put ’em on so you can see me, son. – This is much better!
– 我戴着这个样子好傻。
– 你就可以看清我了,快戴上。
– I look stupid with these on. – You’ll be able to see me. Put ’em on.
– 把眼镜戴上,你♥爸♥爸清楚多了。
– 你想看清爸爸吗?
– Put those on. Daddy’ll be much sharper. – Don’t you want to see Daddy?
把眼镜戴上我们就不会头疼了。
Put those on and we won’t get headaches.
这么说,尽管孩子们不想戴眼镜,
Despite the fact that children don’t want to wear glasses,
但还是被强迫着戴上了。
they’re forced to.
你指望外部世界由于你…
You expect the world to adjust…
…所产生的变形而做出调整。
to the distortion you’ve become.
嘿,我可没指望什么。我…我……
I don’t expect anything.
你知道,我现阶段正经历着什么。
我不知道这是怎么啦。
I’m going through something. I don’t know what.
我所知道的是,我生平第一次感到,
我好像不会写作了。
For the first time in my life I can’t seem to write.
灵感不再涌现。
对我来说,你知道,
It’s not coming. And for me…
我生命中最重要的东西就是我的想象力。
all I have in life is my imagination.
对不起,我们的时间到了。
I’m sorry. Our time is up.
祝你明天在你的荣誉仪式上过得愉快。
Have a good time at the honoring ceremony.
我真的认为,要是你能带上
你儿子的话,对你和他都很有好处。
I think it would be good for you and your son, if you brought him along.
琼!琼!
Joan! Joan!
– 琼,你从不给我回电♥话♥。
– 噢,别来烦我!
– Joan, you never return my phone calls. – Oh, leave me alone!
– 我怎么才能联♥系♥上你呢?
– 你想让我喊警♥察♥吗?
– How do I reach you? – Do you want me to call the police?
我有件事想和你商量一下。
I’ve got to ask you one question.
– 你能不能停一下?我想和你商量一下。
– 不,我不想听你说。
– Will you stop? – No. I don’t want to listen to you.
明天他们要授予我名誉学位,在阿黛尔,
我以前的大学。我想带希利一起去。
Tomorrow they’re honoring me at Adair, my old university. I want to take Hilly.
– 不行,他明天要上学。
– 我想交换一天我的探望日。
– He has school tomorrow. – I want to trade one visitation day.
– 不行!我已经给他安排好计划了。
– 就换一天!
– No! I have plans with him. – I trade one day!
让他看看很有好处,
让孩子看他父亲获得荣誉,这很好。
It’ll be good to see. The kid will see his father honored.
我不想让他见到你,
我希望你这辈子再也见不到他!
I don’t want him to see you. I don’t want him to see you ever!
他就在乡下过上一天。
你能不能先停一下?
He’ll have a day in the country. Will you stop for one second?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!