I tried to exaggerate it to make it funny,
但实际上那还是相当浪漫的。
but it was actually very romantic.
– 她听不到。
– 我在城里。
– She can’t hear. – I’m in town.
诺曼和我约好了去看《悲惨世界》。
我有一小时的空闲时间。
Norman’s meeting me for Les Mis. I have a free hour.
我…我不知道能否脱身。
I don’t know if I can.
我已经订了我们的老地方,“温德姆酒店”。
我们几乎有两星期没见了。
I got our usual place at the Wyndham. It’s been almost two weeks.
我们一定得动作快点,
我不可能呆那么长时间而不引起怀疑。
We’ll have to make it fast. I can’t make it believable for so long.
我说,你一小时内就可以回去了,
You’ll be back in an hour.
反正在那之前我也必须结束。
I have to be done by then anyway.
我想出去走走。
Think I’ll take awalk.
现在?
Now?
噢,是的,因为我想我就…你知道,
Yes, ‘Cause I thought that I would just…
我去透点儿新鲜空气。
just to get some fresh air.
行啊。
Okay.
对不起,
Excuse me.
你是哈里·布洛克?
Are you Harry Block?
是的,是我。
Yes.
– 噢,天呐,你写的东西对我影响太大了。
– 噢,非常感谢,谢谢。
– Your writing has been so meaningful to me. – Thank you very much.
不敢相信我和你同坐一部电梯。
Can’t believe I’m in the elevator with you.
是啊,没什么大不了的。
It’s no big deal.
你住在这里?
Are you staying here?
噢,不。不,我来见个人。
No. I’m meeting someone.
噢,我的天哪!这怎么回事?
Oh, my God! What is this?
– 电梯又卡住了。
– 又卡住了?
– It’s stuck again. – again?
如果拿这作为我的一个小说的话,
我会写,电梯在楼层间卡住了,
If this was one of my stories, this elevator would get stuck between floors,
我们两个就此展开了一段
重要的恋情,堕入了情网。
and the two of us would start a major affair and fall in love.
答应我你不会爱上我。
Promise me that you won’t fall in love with me.
不要吗?
No?
不要,绝对不要。
那不是个好主意。
Definitely not. Not a good idea.
为什么?
Why?
因为我…
Because I’m…
…我太神经了。
I’m too screwed up.
你知道,我…我有…
I have…
太多的…太多的怪癖,
太多的…太多的……
too many quirks.
你知道,我…我做不到对谁忠诚,
我做不到…你知道……
I have trouble being faithful.
我有太多的恐惧和疯狂……
I have too many phobias and craziness..
是啊,可是在我遇见你之前,
我就已经爱上你了,
Yeah, but I fell in love with you before I met you,
在我读你的书的时候。
when I read you.
是的,可那是你爱上了我的作品。
Yes, but you fell in love with my work.
那是…那是两码子事。
That’s a different thing.
我热爱你的作品,
我热爱你的想象力,
I love your work. I love your imagination.
我热爱它们。
I love it.
可…可现实不是一本书。
你明白我的意思吧。
But this is not a book. You know what I mean?
我们不是某个虚构的东西里面的人物。
我是说,这是……
We’re not characters in a fictional thing.
– 所以说别…别爱上我。
– 吻我。
– So don’t fall in love with me. – Kiss me.
– 答应我你不会爱上我。
– 不,吻我。
– Promise you won’t fall in love with me. – No, kiss me.
– 答应…答应我。
– 我答应你。
– Promise… Promise. – I promise.
谢谢。
Thank you.
我…我…地铁好慢。对不起。
The subway took forever. Sorry.
我…你说你不来的。
You said you weren’t coming.
你什么意思?
What do you mean?
– 不,我们说好了十点,我肯定是这么说的。
– 不,我们离开……
– We said ten. I’m sure that’s what we said. – No.
我昨晚打电♥话♥给你,
我说我今天没事了。
I called you last night, and I said I got out of my thing.
你打电♥话♥给我啦?什么时候打的?
When did you call me?
我昨晚九点半打的。
你不记得啦?
I called you at 9:30 last night. You don’t remember?
你正在写作,我打断了你。
You were writing, I interrupted.
– 我们在电♥话♥里谈话啦?
– 当然,绝对的,你和我说话了。
– We spoke on the phone? – Of course, Absolutely.
天,我的大脑一定和我开了个玩笑。
My mind has been playing tricks.
这是曲奇…曲奇·威廉斯。
这是我朋友理查德。
This is Cookie Williams. This is Richard.
– 你好!
– 你好!
– Hello. – How ya doing?
这项荣誉究竟有什么特别的地方嘛?
What’s so special about this honor?
这人是去以前开除他的学校
接受荣誉头衔。
The man is being honored by the school that expelled him.
是啊,要是希利能看到就好了,
他会很为此骄傲的。
If only Hilly could see me, he’d be so proud.
是啊,我知道,很不幸。
除非你绑♥架♥他,他不可能来。
I know, and it’s sad, but short of kidnapping, he ain’t coming.
噢,天哪!
Oh, dear!
– 这太荒唐了。
– 别担心。
– This is ridiculous. – Don’t worry.
你会惹麻烦的,亲爱的。
快点,赶紧回来!
You’re going to get in trouble. Come on, boys.
爸爸?怎么了?
Dad? What is it?
– 希利,你去哪里?
– 不,我们今天不上学了。
– Hilly, Where you going? – We’re not going to school today.
你要干什么?住手!
What are you doing? Stop it!
我有紧急的事情。
It’s an emergency.
你想干嘛?出来,希利!
嘿,你给我住手!住手!
What are you doing? Come on! You! Stop it!
你不能这样!
You can’t do this!
希利,快下车!快下车,希利!
Hilly, get out of the car!
嘿,快来人让他住手啊!
这人是个变♥态♥!
Somebody stop this man! He’s a deviant!
快来人阻止他啊!
快来人叫警♥察♥啊!
Somebody stop him! Somebody call the police!
当红红的知更鸟蹦啊蹦地蹦出来,
When the red, red robin comes bob, bob, bobbin’ along,
– 再开快点。
– 蹦出来。
– Go faster. – along.
当它颤声唱起古老而甜美的歌♥曲,
就不会再有啜泣。
There’ll be no more sobbin’ when he starts throbbin’ his old sweet song.
– 快点啊。
– 醒来,醒来,你这个懒虫。
– Come on. – Wake up, wake up, you sleepyhead.
起来,起来,快点起床。
Get up, get up, get out of bed.
打起精神,打起精神,太阳已经红彤彤。
Cheer up, cheer up, the sun is red.
生活,爱情,欢笑,永远幸福。
Live, love, laugh, and be happy.
– 天哪,这里的景色太别致了!
– 非常美,我喜欢。
– It’s fabulous up here! – It’s beautiful. I love it.
瞧那儿,摩天轮!
Look, a ferris wheel!
– 哇,看那秋千!
– 想玩吗?
– Look at the swings! – Want to go?
想!
Yeah!
你好棒哦!
Very good!
你喜欢这吗?
Would you like this?
爸,击掌!
Dad, high-five!
我要吸根麻烟,你想来点吗?
I am going to smoke this joint. You want some?
不,我受不了那玩意儿。
No. I can’t stand that stuff.
你看见那边那房♥子没有?
You see that place there?
就那个“红苹果餐馆”?
That Red Apple Rest?
几年前,
Years ago,
我那时的妻子珍妮和我…
my then wife Jane and I…
…从她妹妹在康涅狄格的家回来,
were coming from Connecticut… her sister’s house,
我们大吵了一顿。
and we had this awful fight.
她正来例假,我们停车找水,
因为她要吃“布洛芬”【镇痛药】。
She was having her period, and we stopped there to get water for her Midol.
我不想要小孩!
I don’t want a child!
所以我希望你别老跟我提这事,
特别是在我父母面前。
Don’t bring it up, especially in front of my parents.
– 我搞不懂你。
– 你必须搞懂,哈里,我们已经讨论过了!
– I don’t understand you. – We’ve discussed it!
– 是的,可我说过我的意见了吗?
– 你已经有个孩子了!
– Don’t I get a vote? – You have a child!
– 是的,可那孩子我难得一见!
– 那不能怨我!
– Who I never get to see! – That’s not my fault!
我喜欢成为父亲。
I like being a father.
我选择过与露西不一样的生活,
和我结婚时你就知道这一点。
I chose a different life than Lucy. You knew that when you married me.
好吧,你很专注于你的工作,
那就意味着我们不能有孩子了。
You’re dedicated to work. That means we can’t have children.
打什么时候起,
你成了这么在乎家庭的男人啦?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!