That’s right. Go on, get outta here, run!
爱德华 你别听她的
Edward, don’t you listen to her!
别理她 她是个疯子
Don’t worry about her, Edward. She’s just a little loony, that’s all.

Hi!
你们就像寄居蟹全躲起来
You-all are hidin’ in there like hermit crabs.
乔伊斯
Hi, Joyce. Hi!
真不该 把好客人据为己有
Shame on you, keepin’ your unusual guest to yourself.
你太自私了
We think that’s mighty selfish of you.
我们确是有点兴奋
Things have been hectic here.
很不错 你愿意改善
That is so sweet of you to wanna correct the situation.
什么时候举♥行♥BBQ?
What time does the barbecue begin?
BBQ?
Barbecue?
不把你客人跟大家介绍吗?
You intend to introduce your guest to your friends,
-不吗? -我带凉拌卷心菜
-don’t you? -I’ll bring coleslaw.
我带神仙沙拉
And I will bring the ambrosia salad!
-你说几点开始? -几点啊?
-What time was it that you said? -Uh, what time…
-比尔 -五点好了
-Bill! -About five?
比尔
Bill!
他是头一个被派来诱惑你们的
He has been sent first to tempt you!
但现在还来得及 你们必须把他赶走
But it’s not too late. You must push him from you, expel him.
毁灭这个怪胎
Trample down the perversion of nature.
你们听到吗? 他是怪胎
Did you hear that? He’s a perversion of nature.
这真是太刺♥激♥了
Why, isn’t that excitin’?
-再见 -谢谢
-Bye-bye. -Thanks so much.
比尔
Bill! Bill?
这种BBQ 是绝对少不了卤蛋的
You really can’t have a picnic or a barbecue without devilled eggs.
这是最好吃的
They’re just… the best. They make a thing.
哦 爱德华 不知你已切了这么多
Oh, Edward, that’s wonderful! I didn’t know you’d chopped the whole thing.
吃不了那么多
We’re gonna be…
我们只需要一点点
Oh. All right now, it’s just a nick.
你不必那么紧张
There’s no need to be nervous, dear.
又不是要来很多人
Esmeralda won’t be here.
邻居们都是很和蔼可亲的
And the rest of the neighbours, they’re really very nice.
你不必紧张 他们好想见你
There’s no need to be nervous. They’re so eager to meet you!
你自然点就行
You just have to be yourself.
-自然点? -是的 原来可爱的你
-Myself? -That’s right. Just your own sweet self.
-谢谢 -跟我们玩包剪槌吧
-Thanks, Edward. -Hey! Play scissors, paper, stone with us.
玩什么?
Play scissors what?
我有个医生朋友也许可帮你
I got a doctor friend might be able to help you.
-他手脚真的那么俐落 -才一下午功夫?
-He did them just like that! -That is incredible.
-米高 你好吗? -你好 杰克
-Hi, Mike, how you doin’? -Hello, Jack.
孩子们
Hey, kids!
你好 我是佐治 你握手不大方便吧
Hi, George Monroe. That’s a heck of a handshake you got there, Ed.
亨利 上礼拜你在高尔夫球场
Harry! I saw you on the golf course last week…
你还好吧? 要吃什么? 你饿了吗?
Are you OK? Do you want something to eat? Are you hungry?
要饼干吗?
Do you want a cracker?
-他好怪异 -和其他人完全不同
-He’s different. -Completely different.
没错
No kidding.
-他好… -神秘?
-He’s so… -Mysterious.
是的
Yeah.
你看他的手是冷或热的?
D’you imagine those hands are hot or cold?
你瞧那剪子能做什么?
And just think what a single snip could do.
解开裤带呢?
Or undo.
爱德华
Eddie. Eddie.
星期五晚 过来跟我们打牌吧
The guys and I want to invite you to our card game Friday night.
你要来吗?
Would you like that?
只有一个要求 你不能切牌
Only thing is… you can’t cut!
我也有个残障地方 对我一点妨碍也没有
I have my own infirmity. Never did me a bit of harm.
战时受的伤 使我没了知觉 一点知觉也没有
Took some shrapnel during the war, and ever since then I can’t feel a thing!
别让人说你是残废
Don’t you ever let anybody tell you you have a handicap.
谁残废了? 我的天
Who’s handicapped? My goodness.
不要说笑 你才不是残废 你…怎么说?
Don’t be ridiculous! You’re not handicapped, you’re…
你是万中无一
What do they call the… exceptional?
我是乔伊斯
My name’s Joyce,
你还没尝神仙沙拉
and I noticed that you have not tasted any ofthe ambrosia salad…
那是我特别为你做的
that I made especially for you.
让我来喂你
Allow me.

Mmm!

Mmmm!
-来尝尝这个 我妈调制的 -你修剪功夫棒极了
-You must try this. It’s my mother’s recipe. -Doesn’t this look gorgeous?
到我家帮个忙吧
With a green thumb like yours, I sure could use your help at my place.
帮我剪一组天使
I want a row of angels!
抱歉
I am so sorry, ladies,
他答应先到我家
but he’s promised to come to my house first. Haven’t you, Eddie?
-你答应过的 -大家注意
-I did? -OK, everybody, grab your plates!
汤来了 准备盘子
Soup’s on!
Azhuzhizha zhizhgab
Azhuzhizha zhigabab.
-什么? -我thuzhizha zhizhgabab
-What? -I thuzhizha zhizhgabab.
的确是
It is shish kebab. It was a figure of speech.
但要了解别人说话背后含意
You shouldn’t take things so literally.
假设我们在客厅 女主人招待茶
Let us pretend we are in the drawing room and the hostess is serving tea.
我们面对许多问题
Many numerous little questions confront us.
接茶时 应站起来吗?
Should the man rise when he accepts his cup oftea?
可以用剪刀手拿糖吗?
May lump sugar be taken with the fingers?

No.
再接受第二杯茶合适吗?
Is it good form to accept a second cup?
餐巾应完全打开呢?
Should the napkin be entirely unfolded…
还是应保留中间折痕?
or should the centre crease be allowed to remain?
我们难免会犯尴尬的错误
It is so easy to commit embarrassing blunders,
但礼仪能使我们知所进退
but etiquette tells us just what is expected of us…
避免陷入狼狈失礼及不安中
and guards us from all humiliation and discomfort.
真的很闷吧
Mm, yes. Boring.
我们改看一些…
Let us switch to, uh…

to some poetry, hm?
有位来自好望角的老人
There was an old man from the Cape,
他做了件皱纱大衣
Who made himseIf garments of crepe.
有人问大衣会破吗?
When asked: Will they tear?
他说已经破了
He replied: Here and there,
但反而好看
But they keep such a beautiful shape!
对了
That’s right.
笑吧很有趣的
Go ahead, smile. It’s funny.

That’s right.
到了
We’re home.
该死
Shit.
全身都是臭汗
Everything’s still sopping.
-我等不及要洗个澡 -还有睡回在床上
-I can hardly wait to take a shower. -And to sleep in a bed.
我家防盗系统已开 只好睡外面
If my parents have the alarm set, I’m screwed.
我不是叫你先打电♥话♥回家
I told you to call them and tell them we’re coming back early.
-那你自己有没有? -他就是喜欢抱怨
-But did you? -Nope, he’d rather complain.
为什么永远都针对我?
How else am I supposed to get attention?
-你有否打电♥话♥回家? -我们家没那么紧张
-You didn’t call your parents. -They don’t run things like a police state.
-再见 谢谢送我一程 -再见
-Bye. Thanks for driving, Denny. -Bye.
-再见 -再见
-Bye. -Bye.
-别忘了你的胳膊 -是的
-Don’t forget your arm! -Oh, yeah.
走吧
Come on, Jim, let’s go.
我房♥间里有人
There’s somebody in my room! Go look! Look!
他手上有斧头 他想杀我
He’s a murderer! He’s got an axe! He tried to kill me!
-一起都好 -妈妈 去看看
-Everything’s OK. -Mom, go look!
没事回去睡
Go back to bed, Kevin.
这边
This way.
你说什么? 爱德华住在我们这里 没什么好担心的
Edward’s come to live with us. There is nothing to be upset about.
不 没事了 我马上替你弄床铺
OK. We’lI have you set up here in a minute.
我们这里有张特大号♥的床
We got a full queen-size bed here, believe it or not.
什么都齐备
Oh, it’s all made and everything. Good.
好了
There you go.
怎么了?
What’s the matter? What’s wrong?
她令你紧张吗?
She get you nervous?
你在那个城♥堡♥独居太久了
You’ve been cloistered away up in that castle too long.
对少女一点概念也没有 她们最疯狂了
You don’t know about the wonderful world of teenage girls. They’re all crazy.
-这能令你镇定一点 -这是什么?
-Here, this’ll straighten you right out. -What is it?
柠檬汁

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!