by parking the primary vehicle in orbit
这种方法所省出的装载量
and sending a smaller ship down to the lunar surface
值得我们迎接挑战进行尝试
is well worth the resulting challenges.
你觉得是何种挑战
What do you see as the challenges?
首先是地月间的导航
Cislunar navigation, for one.
还有交汇和对接
And rendezvous and docking.
你为何觉得航♥天♥重要
Why do you think space flight’s important?
我在X15时有幸得到机会
I had a few, uh, opportunities in the X-15
观察那里的大气
to observe the atmosphere.
非常稀薄 跟地球空气相比只有一点点
It was so thin, such a small part of the Earth,
少到几乎看不到
you could barely see it at all.
当你只是和其他人一样站在地球上
And when you’re down here in the crowd
抬头仰望时 那看起来很大
and you look up, it… it looks pretty big,
根本不会多想
and you don’t think about it too much.
但是当你站在一个与众不同的视角时
But when you get a different vantage point,
你的看法就会改变
it changes your perspective.
我不知道探索宇宙会发现什么
I don’t know what space exploration will uncover,
但我觉得那绝对不是
but I don’t think it’ll be exploration
只为探索而探索
just for the sake of exploration.
我觉得那更是让我们看到
I think it’ll be more the fact that it allows us to see things
很久以前我们就该看到
that maybe we should have seen a long time ago
但时至今日才能看到的东西
but just haven’t been able to until now.
-还有人有问题吗 -我有
– Does anyone have anything else? – Yeah.
尼尔 我对你女儿的事深表遗憾
Neil, I was sorry to hear about your daughter.
抱歉 有问题吗
I’m sorry, is there a question?
我…意思是说
Um, what I… what I mean is, uh,
你觉得这对你的选择有影响吗
do you think it will have an effect?
如果说那个没有影响
I think it would be unreasonable to assume
肯定说不过去
that it wouldn’t have some effect.
好了 尼尔
All right, Neil.
谢谢 可以了
Thank you. That’s fine.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢各位的耐心倾听
Thank you for your time.

Hello?
好 尼尔
Yeah, sure. Neil.

Hello?
我能出去玩吗
Can I go play outside?

Yeah.
是 长官
Yes, sir.
谢谢 长官
Thank you, sir.
我得到了
I got it.
这是个新的开始
It’s a fresh start.
你确定吗
Are you sure?
确定
Yeah.
那将是一场探险
It’ll be an adventure.
从科幻小说家儒勒·凡尔纳时代♥开♥始
Since the time of Jules Verne,
人类就想象自己登上月球
man has imagined traveling to the Moon.
对如何到达月球这一问题 以前的想法是
The old idea of how to get to the Moon
一路发射航♥天♥器过去再回来
was to send one spacecraft all the way there and back.
但是美国航♥空♥航♥天♥局想到了一个现代化方法
However, NASA engineers have developed a modern approach
即使用一个包含几艘飞船的火箭
where one rocket contains several ships
让往返两程合二为一
that will make the journey together.
就像哥伦布乘小船
Just as Columbus took a rowboat
从圣玛利亚到达新世界的海岸一样
from the Santa María to the shore of the New World,
航♥天♥员将乘坐一个小一点的航♥天♥器
the astronauts will take a smaller spacecraft
从母飞船出发到达月球表面
from the mother ship down to the lunar surface.
等到返航时
When it’s time to return,
小航♥天♥器再从月球表面腾空而起
the smaller craft will lift off from the surface
跟母飞船对接
and dock with the mother ship,
然后带着航♥天♥员回到地球
which will then power the crew back to Earth.
多亏了美国航♥空♥航♥天♥局的奇思妙想
Thus, thanks to the brilliant minds of NASA,
登上月球这一古老的梦想
the age-old dream of going to the Moon
将马上变成现实
will soon be achieved.
伴侣号♥ 伴侣2号♥
Sputnik, Sputnik 2,
东方号♥ 加加林
Vostok, Gagarin.
每一项重大航♥天♥成就
The Soviets have beaten us
苏联都领先我们一步
at every single major space accomplishment.
我们根本无法与之匹敌
Our program couldn’t compete.
所以我们选择把精力集中在一个又艰难
So we’ve chosen to focus on a job so difficult,
又需要大量先进技术的任务上
requiring so many technological developments,
而且俄♥罗♥斯♥人在这方面得从零开始才行
that the Russians are gonna have to start from scratch.
我们亦是如此
As will we.
你好
Hi.
-你好 -我是帕特
– Hi. – I’m Pat.
比你先搬到这里大概一周
Got here about a week before you,
欢迎你的到来
so welcome to the neighborhood.
你太好心了
Oh, that’s so nice of you.
-这… -我是珍妮特
– Well, it’s… – I’m Janet.
-幸会 -幸会
– Nice to meet you. – Nice to meet you.
所以 我们不去这里 而是去…
So, instead of here, we go…
这里
Here.
按比例大概这么远 量量看
That’s to scale. Check it.
那是我丈夫艾德 那是我儿子艾迪
That’s my husband, Ed, and that’s Eddie Junior.
不知道邦妮去哪里了
I don’t know where Bonnie is.
-你有两个孩子 -是的
– You’ve got two? – I do.
我看到…这是你第一个孩子吗
I see… Is this your first one?
不是不是
Oh, no, no.
我们有个儿子了 叫瑞克
We’ve got a boy, Rick.
他多大了
How old is he?
五岁半了
He’s five and a half.
那我们该让他们一起玩
Oh, well, we should get them together.
如果想成功
If we want to get this done,
我们需要证明两艘飞船
we need to prove that two ships
可以在轨道中找到彼此 并且精准对接
can find each other in orbit and dock without crashing.
这是双子星计划的首要任务
That’s the primary mission of Project Gemini.
我们觉得你准备好了的时候
When we think you’re ready,
你们每个人都将被分配到一项具体的飞行任务
each of you will be assigned a flight with a specific task.
只有完成了所有这些任务
Only after we master all these tasks
我们才开始进行阿波罗计划
do we move on to Apollo,
考虑登上月球
consider trying to land on the Moon.
-很高兴认识你 -我也是 帕特
– It’s nice to meet you. – And you, Pat.
-拜拜 -拜拜
– Bye. – Bye.
-艾迪 你把那个放下 -格斯
– Eddie, you put that down. – Gus.
艾迪 你不许…
Eddie Junior, don’t you dare…
还有什么要补充的吗
You got anything to add?
做好你的工作就行
Just do your job.
是 长官
Yes, sir.
这下差不多了
Almost to scale.
196♥4♥年4月23日
多轴椅训练
The Multi-Axis Trainer
是用来模拟三轴旋转耦合的
was designed to replicate roll coupling on three axes,
也就是你在太空中可能遇到的情况
the kind you might encounter in space.
难点在于你得在晕过去之前
The challenge is to stabilize the machine
稳定住机器
before you pass out.
第一个小白鼠 阿姆斯特朗
First victim, Armstrong.
怀特 你上
White, you’re up.
好 我来
Yeah, I got it.
我没事
I’m okay.
再来一次
Let’s go again.

Oh, fuck.
各位 欢迎来到火箭物理学入门
Gentlemen, welcome to Basic Rocket Physics.
今晚我们只学第一章
We’ll just be covering the first chapter tonight.
使用多级发射设备时
When using a multi-stage launch vehicle,
决定每级的
it’s necessary to determine
正确规格 是很必要的
what the right sizing is of those stages.
你没事吧
You okay?
没事
Yeah.
我在思考老师讲的课
Just thinking about this lecture.
有点棒
It’s kind of neat.
怎么棒了
What’s neat about it?
是如何与阿吉纳无人火箭汇合的问题
Well, it was about how to rendezvous with the Agena.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!