-后天 -你有空吗
-The day after tomorrow? -Will you be free?
对 很有可能
Yeah, I’ll probably be free.
很难理解
One thing I find very difficult to imagine…
一个这么有音乐背景的人
is how one could have this incredible background in music…
竟想也不想就舍弃了音乐
and then just walk away from it without giving it a second thought at all.
我有想过
I gave it a second thought.
你为什么不再弹琴 真是奇怪
I mean, how could you no longer play at all? I think that’s very strange.
我偶尔还是会弹
I’ve played a little bit here and there.
我曾经当过排练时的伴奏
As a matter of fact, once I was a… rehearsal pianist.
是芭蕾舞剧或是歌♥剧
For a ballet? An opera?
拉斯维加斯的音乐嬉闹剧
Las Vegas musical revue.
-你叫那玩意音乐 -我认为那是音乐
-You don’t call that music. -Oh, yes, I do.
这就是音乐 你懂么
It’s music, you know?
如果你觉得不舒服
If you’re not feeling good
还要些薑饼吗
More gingerbread?
不 谢谢
No, thank you.
苹果酱
Applesauce?
你知道我在想什么 小蕾
You know what I suggest, Ray.
我正是如此建议
Yeah. Well, that’s-that’s what I suggest…
因为我不知要呆多久
because I don’t know how long it’s gonna be.
我得挂了
I have to go now.
我现在就得挂电♥话♥了 小蕾
I have to get off now, Ray.
过几天我再打给你
Uh, I’ll try and call you in a couple of days.
如果你要走 你就走吧
If you’re gone, you’re gone.
再见
Bye.
罗伯 我在弹”让父亲安睡”
Robert, shh! My playing put Father to sleep.
帮我一下好吗
Would you help me with this, please?
对了
That’s it. Ooh!
你确定你可以玩吗 卡尔
You sure you should be playing, Carl?
我很好 除了脖子以外
What do you mean? I’m in superb shape-except for my neck. Hmm?
因为你必须动来动去
Well, there’s something funny about the way you move.
我不在乎 你什么意思
I’m not aware of-What do you mean?
二比十八
2-18.
真不愿看你这样走上舞台
I’d hate to see you walk across a concert stage like that.
2比19
2-19.
我觉得你该找个人教你走路
I’d get somebody to coach you on how to walk if I was you, Carl.
这才是最重要的
I think it’s a substantial problem.
该死
Damn it.
你看他
Look at that.
-你怎么这么卑鄙 -卑鄙 我不卑鄙
-Why are you being so mean? -Mean? I’m not being mean.
他走路的样子的确很古怪 看到没
He does walk funny. Don’t you see that?
晃来晃去
He’s walking around
我没注意到 我已习惯卡尔了
I don’t think I’d notice. I’m so used to Carl.
是啊
Yeah, well
你觉得史派斯吸引人吗
Bobby, do you think Spicer is attractive?
他人很好
I think he’s got a terrific personality.
史派斯以前是个水手
Spicer was formerly a sailor.
看 你没看到吗
Look. Don’t you see that? Look at that.
这些人
The guy’s
水手有虐待狂
Sailors are sadistic, I feel.
你看 没问题
You see? There’s nothing particularly wrong with my walk, hmm?
-我们打到哪了 -要决胜负了 卡尔
-Now, where were we? -At game, Carl.
你已输三局 卡尔
Well, that’s three games to “Z,” Carl.
再打三局如何
Well, what do you say about a rematch, Robert? Hmm?
你不是要到内陆去 你会错过渡轮
I thought you were going to the mainland today. You’ll miss the ferry.
我正要恢复正常
Just when I was hitting my stride.
帮我跟凯撒琳道别
Say good-bye to Catherine for me, will you?
该我了吧
Can I play now?
告诉她我明天回来
Tell her I’ll be back sometime tomorrow probably, will you?
她又在哪里
Where is she, anyway?

Who? Oh.
她到村里买♥♥东西
Shopping in the village.
轮到我了
My turn.
你和史派斯玩吧
Yeah, why don’t you and Spicer play.
史派斯
Spicer.

Hi.
哈啰
Hello.
怎么了
What’s the matter?
没事
Nothing.
罗伯
Robert?
你可以为我做件事吗
Would you do something for me?
为我弹奏一曲
Would you play for me?
凯撒琳 轮到你了
Catherine, your game!
凯撒琳
Catherine?
你愿意吗
Will you?
你弹得真好 罗伯 令我意外
That was beautiful, Robert. I’m surprised.
谢谢
Thank you.
我好感动
I was really very moved by
怎么了
What’s wrong?
没事
Nothing. It’s just, um
那是我想到最简单的作品
I picked the easiest piece that I could think of…
我第一次弹的时候是八岁
and I first played it when I was eight years old,
那时弹得好多了
and I played it better then.
我说的是感觉 我深受感动
Can’t you understand it was the feeling I was affected by?
我不觉得感动
I didn’t have any.
-你没有感觉 -没有
-You had no inner feeling? -None.
那就是我自作多情
Well, then, I must have been supplying it.
再多情些也许会感动我 谁知道呢
Maybe if you’d supply a little more, it might rub off on me. Who knows?
我很怀疑
I doubt it.
哦 我很感兴趣
Oh, I could get interested.
我可不
Well, I couldn’t.
你一定得要这么严肃
What does it have to be with you? Grim and serious?
听好 你弹奏
Look, you played…
我很诚恳的回应
I honestly responded…
你却令我感到尴尬
and you made me feel embarrassed for having responded to you.
-不需要 -确实
-It wasn’t necessary. -Yeah, it was.
我扮萧邦 你假装热烈回应
I faked a little Chopin, you faked a big response.
你的说法并不正确
I don’t think that’s accurate.
直到现在
Up till now,
我只得到像是晚餐桌上的回应
all I’ve been getting from you is meaningful looks at the dinner table…
以及你含糊的提示后天如何如何
and a lot of vague suggestions about the day after tomorrow.
我没有暗示什么
I am not conscious of having given you any particular looks.
日子已到
And as for the day after tomorrow, this is the day after tomorrow.
我不幸和你在一起
And I am, unfortunately, seeing you.
现在我要去洗个澡 失陪了
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’d like to take a bath.
-你要什么 -沐浴油
-What the hell do you want anyway? -I’m getting some bath oil.
沐浴油
Some bath oil?
鳄梨油 茉莉油还是这个
How about some avocado or some of this?
或是这个
Or some of this jasmine? How about this?
-或者是 -你在做什么
-How about any -What are you doing?
你干嘛拐弯抹角
What are you doing screwing around with all this crap?
我不觉得你说话有多动听
I do not find your language very charming.
的确不动听 但很直接
It isn’t. It’s direct.
请你走开 让我洗澡
I’d like you to leave so that I can take a bath.
够直接了吧
Is that direct?
严肃
Serious?
严肃对你很重要
Is that what’s important to you? Serious?

Yes, that’s what’s important to me.
-好吧 我们严肃一点 坐下 -别这样
-Okay, let’s be serious. Sit down. -No, don’t do that.
闭嘴
Shut up!
一点感情也没有
No inner feeling.
我最后告诉了他事实
I told him the truth finally.
他曾是我丈夫 我曾深爱着他
He was my husband, and I loved him very much.
但是
But my God.
但第二任不比第一任好
It wasn’t working any better the second time than it did the first.
他是大提琴师
He was a cellist.
我也不再是
And there was I…
十七岁的小女孩 有天看着他
no longer 17, looking up at him.
我说
And I said to him…
约瑟 你一无是处 然后我就离开他
“Joseph, you’re full of beans,” and I left him.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
前一篇文章歇斯底里
下一篇文章绝代艳后
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!