I don’t appreciate sarcasm, lnspector.
我不接受嘲讽,侦探
I’m sorry, sir. I meant nothing by it.
抱歉,阁下,我无意嘲讽
You already have a surgeon at your disposal.
不是已经派了个外科大夫给你了吗
I need a man with a strong stomach and a sober mind.
我需要一个意识清醒,肠胃坚强的
The police surgeon has neither.
法医也不行
No. Request denied. Why?
不,要求驳回 为什么?
Are you questioning my decision?
你在质疑我的决定?
No, sir. I simply want to know why.
不,阁下,我只是想知道理由
There’s already too much nonsense and gossip in the press.
媒体上已经有太多的流言蜚语
You start consulting doctors…
你一去找医生…
and all sorts of wild notions will be printed.
就会有各种奇谈怪论发表出来
No one else is to see the bodies.
不能再有别人见到尸体
It is my honor…
我倍感荣幸…
to present this… unique medical phenomenon.
能向各位介绍这种奇异的临床症状
Until last week, Mr.Joseph Merrick
直到上周为止,约瑟夫梅里克先生…
John Merrick.
约翰梅里克
Sorry, I beg your pardon.
不好意,请原谅
Mr. John Merrick…
约翰梅里克先生…
was an attraction at a sideshow.
还是个马戏班的展品
Now he’s being cared for at England’s leading hospital…
如今他在英格兰最好的医院接受治疗…
and with your generosity…
而依靠各位的慷慨…
we will be able to continue to do so.
我们将能继续治疗
Ladies and gentlemen…
女士们先生们…
Mr.John Merrick.
约翰梅里克先生
Turn around.
转过来
Oh, please.
噢,天
I can’t stand it.
我受不了了
Oh! He should have been killed at birth!
噢!他一生出来就应该被弄死!
Good health!
祝健康!
That’ll be the last one, Your Royal Highness.
这是最后一张,殿下
These hands are a gift from God.The psychotic patientis…
这手是上帝的礼物 那个精神病患者是…
Pardon, sir.
打扰了,先生
You Dr. Ferral? I am, yeah.
你是费罗医生?我是
I’m lnspector Abberline, assigned to Whitechapel.
我是艾博兰侦探,负责怀特伽坡区
My lord, you’re the Ripper case.
我的上帝,你就是那个开膛案的侦探
Am I right? Yeah.
对吗?是的
Jolly good. You’ve come to the perfect place.
好呀,你算来对地方了
We’ve got butchers aplenty here.
这里有得是屠夫
I see.
我知道
I could use the expertise of someone like yourself to help solve this case.
我需要象你这样的专家来帮助破案
They tell me you’re the best young surgeon in London.
他们告诉我你是伦敦 最好的青年外科医生
Really?
真的?
I don’t see how a reputable surgeon could know anything about it.
我不明白一个名医跟这个案子能有什么关系
This country’s over run with foreigners.
这个国家挤满了外国人
Orientals and…Jews.
东方人和…犹太人
Socialists trying to stir things up against our monarchy.
社♥会♥主♥义♥者想闹点事来反对我们的君主制
That’s who you should be pursuing.
你应该去抓他们
Don’t you think?
不是吗?
Excuse me.
请原谅
You don’t belong here, do you?
你不是这里的,对吗?
I’m afraid Dr. Ferral suffers from the surgeon’s malady.
恐怕费罗医生具有外科医生的通病
And what’s that, sir?
是什么呢,先生?
Want of feeling.
没有感觉
He knows everything about anatomy
关于人体他无所不知…
and nothing about the soul.
却丝毫也不了解人的灵魂
How may l assist you, lnspector?
我如何帮你呢,侦探?
Well, forgive my ignorance, sir, but, um…
噢,请原谅我的愚昧,先生,可是…
are you a surgeon?
您是外科医生吗?
I was.
曾经是
Unfortunately, I suffered a brain seizure six months ago.
半年前,我不幸患上一种脑疾
Sorry to hear that, sir. These days I limit myself to teaching.
很遗憾,先生 如今我仅限于教学
So you see, I’m accustomed to answering questions, lnspector.
所以你看,我已经习惯了回答问题了,侦探
Well, sir…
好的,先生…
could you tell me what sort of a knife, uh, would this be?
您能告诉我这个一把样子的刀, 呃,是做什么用的吗?
I think you mean to draw a Liston knife.
我想你是要画一把里斯顿刀
It’s named for Liston, who was a surgeon in the Crimean War.
是以里斯顿命名的, 他是克里米亚战争中的一位外科医生
Because there was no anesthetic on the battlefield…
因为战场上没有麻醉剂…
he had to carry out these amputations very quickly.
他必须快速地截肢
Uh…
哦…
do you, by any chance, have the police surgeon’s report available?
你手头是不是有法医的报告?
Yes, I do, sir.
有的,先生
May l?
我能看吗?
We must keep this confidential. Of course.
这是保密的 当然
There it is. Thank you.
这就是 谢谢
Hmm.

Yes.
是了
Wouldn’t someone have heard their screams?
没有人听到她们的尖叫?
Not if you cut their throats first.
要是首先割开喉咙就叫不出了
Yes.

And how can you be sure they wouldn’t react to seeing the Liston knife?
你怎么能确定她们看见 手术刀没有反应呢?
Grapes.
葡萄
He offers them grapes first.
他先给她们葡萄吃
Ah. Grapes are very tempting.
啊 葡萄非常诱人
Yes, of course. They’d gobble them up, wouldn’t they?
是啊,当然 她们会狼吞虎咽,对吗?
And he might offer them a drink to ease them down.
然后他还会请她们喝一杯来放松心情
A drink laced with laudanum.
含有鸦♥片♥酊的饮料
How do you know that?
你怎么知道?
I found a sprig of grapes on both victims’ bodies…
我在每具尸体上都发现一串葡萄枝…
and I smelled the laudanum on their lips.
而且我在她们嘴里都闻到鸦♥片♥酊的味道
Laudanum is a derivative of opium.
鸦♥片♥酊是鸦♥片♥的衍生物
Apart from doctors and addicts, not many would recognize it.
除了医生或吸食者,没什么人能分辨得出
How long have you chased the dragon, lnspector?
你吸鸦♥片♥多久了,侦探?
Well, these should help with the headaches.
好,这能治疗你的头疼
And, um…
还有,嗯…
opium leeches minerals out of the body…
鸦♥片♥使身体缺乏矿物质…
so I’ve also given you a tonic…
所以还要给你一份补药…
that will help to restore your appetite.
来恢复食欲
Thank you very much, sir.
非常感谢,先生
I’m a fool.
我真傻
I don’t think you’re a fool. Far from it.
我不认为你是傻瓜,远远不是
I ought to have known, sir, that you’re Physician Ordinary to the Royal Family.
我早应该知道,先生, 您原来是皇家常任医师
Well, yes, it’s certainly an honor…
哦,对,这也算一种荣誉…
but it’s an honor best owed on many doctors.
不过有许多医生都得到的
Now, about our friend here, I can tell you this much:
至于我们这位朋友,我还能告诉你的是:
He cut their throats from left to right, therefore he’s righthanded.
他是从左向右割喉咙的, 所以他是用右手的
Excuse me.
请原谅
He had to slice through four layers of tissue…
他需要切开四层组织…
and up to an inch of subcutaneous fat.
还有厚达一英寸的皮下脂肪
After that…
然后才能…
he entered the abdominal cavity…
到达腹腔…
so he would have had to use more than just merely the Liston knife.
所以他要用的很可能不止是里斯顿刀
Perhaps he was carrying a portable amputation kit similar to this.
他有可能带着象这样的一个手术工具箱
What do you think?
你认为呢?
Is it possible, sir, that the killer is an educated man…
是否有可能,先生, 凶手是个受过教育的…
perhaps someone who studied medicine…
也许学习过医学…
but who is, in fact, not a surgeon himself?
但实际上,又不是个外科医生?
The intestines are simple enough.
割肠子比较容易
But, uh, the uterus?
但是,呃,子♥宫♥?
The liver, especially. Hard to locate, unless you know what you’re doing.
尤其是肝,都很难定位,除非他很清楚
And he was working quickly, in the dark.
而且在黑暗中也动作迅速
I had held out hope that this…
我仍然希望这个…
monster was a veterinarian…
恶魔是个兽医…
or a furrier or an…
或者是个皮革商…
especially welleducated butcher.
要不就是个受过良好教育的屠夫
No, I must admit, if l were you…
不,必须承认,要是我是你…
I’d look for someone with a thorough knowledge of human anatomy.
我会去找一个对 人体解剖学颇有造诣的人
Damn him.
诅咒他
Do you want me to suck it?
要我给你吹吗?
I can suck the Thames dry.
我能吸干泰晤士河
Don’t be frightened, dearie.
别怕呀,宝贝

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!