How far advanced is our grandson’s malady?
我孙子的病有多少进展了?
Uh, no lesions have appeared, ma’am.
啊,还没有造成损害,夫人
There is some neural damagea slight trembling of the right hand.
只有一点神经问题…右手有点发抖
But I’m hopefulmore than hopeful
但我希望…不止是希望…
that treatment will arrest the disease.
这种疗法能够有效
He seems to us to be suffering greatly in his mind.
我们感觉他的内心倍受煎熬
Is the disease affecting his emotions?
疾病影响了他的感情吗?
Yes, well, of course his mood is depressed…
是的,当然,他情绪低落…
because of the news of the diagnosis.
听到诊断结论
But that should improve as he regains his strength.
不过等他身体恢复就会好的
You are a true physician, Sir William.
您是一位真正的医生,威廉爵士
In all ways, you attend to the health of our empire.
您在为整个帝国的健康操劳
We are grateful.
万分感谢
Thank you, ma’am.
多谢,夫人
If this is the beginning…
如果这是一个五角星的…
of a fivepointed star
第一个角…
A bloody Jewish star. Withers!
一个该死的犹太之星 先生们!
Inspectoris talking, which means you are what?
侦探在说话的时候,你们怎么样?
I’m listening, sir. Yes.
我听着呢,长官 对
This area would form a likely point.
这里附近就是五角星的另一个角
I want double shifts within these streets until further notice.
我要求这里加班巡逻, 直到有进一步通知
And don’t only worry about Jews and butchers.
不要光盯着犹太人和屠夫
You stop anyone suspicious…
要盘问每个可疑的人…
including welldressed gentlemen.
包括衣冠楚楚的绅士
And by the way, Withers…the Star of David has six points.
还有,先生们…犹太人的大卫星是六角的
Right. Once more into the breach, dear friends.
好 扎到人群里去吧,朋友们
Dismissed!
解散!
Why have you called me here?
你叫我来做什么?
It’s just…
就是…
It’s just you say three more have to be killed.
你说还要再杀三个
I can’t take it, sir.
我♥干♥不了,先生
It’s everywhere. It’s in all the papers.
人人都知道了,每一张报纸上都有
I’m just a simple chap, sir.
我只是个普通人,先生
I’m not a great man like you.
没有你这么强大
I just don’t know where I am at… anymore.
我已经不知道我们走到哪儿了
There, there, Netley.
好,好,内特力
I shall tell you where we are.
我来告诉你我们走到哪里了
We are in the most extreme and utter region…
我们身处人类灵魂中…
of the human mind.
…的极端
A radiant abyss
一道明亮的深渊…
where men meet themselves.
在那里人们见到真实的自我
I don’t understand that.
我听不懂
I don’t understand, sir.
我不明白,先生
Hell, Netley.
地狱,内特力
We are in hell.
我们在地狱里
Let me go! Get your hands off me! Pull yourself together.
放开!让我走!安静
Go on!
走!
In with you!
进去!
Sorry about that, lnspector.
抱歉,侦探
She’s madly in love with me…
她跟我可亲热吶…
although she hides it well.
虽然现在装得没事
You said McQueen killed your two friends.
你说是迈昆杀了你的两个朋友
So what are you doing here? Oh, I see.
那你还在这儿干吗?我算明白了
Women are butchered right and left, and you can’t do piss about it.
到处都有女人被杀,你倒无所事事
And I’m the fool. We’re watching them.
我倒是傻瓜 我们在监视他们
Can’t arrest them without evidence, so we watch them.
没有证据不能逮捕人,所以我们要监视
What else can we do? I’ll testify.
还能怎么样?我愿意做证
If you keep meself and me friends alive, I’ll testify.
你要是能保证我和我朋友的安全, 我就愿意做证
To what, precisely?
做什么证,确切说?
That McQueen said he’d cut me unless I pay him a pound a week.
我证明迈昆说过我要是每周不给他一镑, 他就砍了我
No. What you mean, no?
不 不?什么意思?
You asked me to testify. Are you worried I’ll let you down?
你要我作证的,你怕我做不好?
I won’t. I promise I won’t.
我能行,我保证我能做好
You testify against McQueen, maybe he goes in for a year or two.
你去控告迈昆,他也许会坐一两年牢
But his boys, they’ll take their revenge on you and your friends.
可是他的手下, 他们会对你和你朋友报复
I can’t let you do it.
我不能让你去
It’s your round this time.
这次该你了
I confess, I have an appetite.
我承认,我胃口很大
One day, I’ll be a great big round woman…
总有一天我会变成一个大胖子…
with a skinny little man for a husband.
还有个瘦小的丈夫
And a dozen plump children, I imagine.
还有一打胖乎乎的孩子,我猜
You think that’s funnyan unfortunate like me being a decent mother?
我觉得很好笑…象我这种风尘女子 会变成一个体面的母亲?
No, no, I didn’t mean that. I didn’t mean that at all.
不,不,我不是这个意思 绝对不是
You’ll be a wonderful mother someday, Mary.
有一天你会做一个好母亲,玛丽
Honest. I can see it.
真的,我看得到
I see you in a little cottage by the sea…
我看得到你住在海边一座小屋里…
surrounded by children.
子孙绕膝
I can see it, Mary, clear as day.
我看得见,玛丽,清清楚楚
I really do have visions, you know. Are you serious?
知道吗,我真的能预见未来 你认真的吗?
Sergeant Godley calls ’em my intuitions.
加德力警官说我这个叫直觉
As a matter of fact…
事实上…
I had one about you in this case.
这次我也预见到你了
You have visions about me?
你能预见我的未来?
What might those be?
是什么样子?
I want you to think carefully.
你要好好想一想
Besides McQueen, besides these awful murders…
除了迈昆,除了这些可怕的谋杀…
has anything else happened to you or perhaps to one of your friends…
还有什么发生在你或者你某个朋友身上的事…
that’s a bit out of the ordinary?
有点不同寻常?
Ben Kidney? That’s Special Branch she’s describing, you know.
本凯德尼?她说的是特务处
What the hell would Ben Kidney and Special Branch be doing in Whitechapel?
本凯德尼和特务处来怀特伽坡区干什么?
Wait a minute.
等一等
She’s lrishborn, isn’t she? There’s your answer.
她是爱尔兰人,对吗?这就是原因
A secret lrish rebel. That’s why they wouldbe after her, right?
爱尔兰人要谋反 这就是为什么他们盯着她,对不对?
They were after Ann Crook…
他们抓了安柯洛克…
who was having an affair with a wealthy gentleman.
她跟一个有钱的绅士同居
A man she borea child.
还给他生了个孩子
A child that’s now missing, along with its grandparents.
孩子现在又和祖父母一起失踪
Right. Drive on, please, driver.
对了,马夫,请走吧
You do not fuck with Special Branch.
你不能跟特务处乱来
They fuck with you.
只有他们搞你的份
I don’t know what you’re thinking, and I don’t care to know.
不知道你在想些什么,我也不想知道
Inspector Adderly. Mr. Kidney wants to see me.
我是艾德力侦探,凯德尼先生想见我
Mr. Kidney’s gone, sir.
凯德尼先生出去了,长官
Didn’t say where. Could be for the night.
没说去哪里,可能不回来了
No. He said he’d be back before 11:00, and I should wait.
不,他说他11:00以前会回来,要我等他
Where are you going, sir?
你去哪儿,长官?
He said I should wait in his office.
他叫我在他办公室里等着
And what floor is Mr. Kidney’s office on?
凯德尼先生的办公室在几楼?
I don’t know what floor, you bloody idiot
我不知道,你这个该死的白♥痴♥…
because I haven’t been to his fucking office yet, have l?
我又没去过他的办公室
He told me to have the desk man let me up.
他说我可以叫门口接待员带我上去
But I’m more than happy to stand here like a knob…
可我现在只能象个傻瓜一样的站在这儿…
because you disobeyed Ben Kidney’s order.
就因为你不服从本凯德尼的命令
It’s the second floor on the right.
在二楼右面
Thanks.
谢了
Free lreland!
自♥由♥爱尔兰!
Free lreland!
自♥由♥爱尔兰!
Get inside, sir!
快进去,先生们!
Just some gunpowder, sir. That’s all.
只有一些火♥药♥,长官,没别的
Little more than a firework.
比烟火大不了多少
Anyone go in or out?
有人进出吗?
Yes, sir. I’m sorry, sir. Yes, uh
有,长官 抱歉,长官 是的,呃…
There’s an lnspector Adderly in your office.
您的办公室里有一位艾德力侦探
No, there’s nothing missing here.
这里什么都没丢
The bastards have been in here, sir. I can smell ’em.
那家伙来过,长官,我闻得出来
No. Yes.
不要 要的
No, not together. Too suspicious.
不,不要一起走 太可疑了
You wait for me, and if she’s in there you can go and visit her on your own.
你先等着,要是她在,你再一个人进去
I’m going with you right now…
我现在就和你一起进去…
or I’m going to the newspapers.
不然我就去报馆

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!