听着 芒森先生
Get this, Mr. Mundson.
昨晚和你相遇时 我获得重生
I was born last night when you met me in that alley.
没有过去 只有未来
That way, I’m no past, and all future, see?
我喜欢这种生活方式
And I like it that way.
他给我高职位
He let me ease myself right to the top.
起初 我只负责把风
At first. I just watched the play and the checko Ifs.
大战就在那时结束了
By the way, about that time, the war ended.
[德国投降]
我们该为这个好消息庆祝
Great news. I thought we ought to celebrate too.
当然
Oh, yes of course.
干杯吧
Well…
我需要一次旅行 约翰
I have to take a trip, Johnny.
我要离开一会
I may be gone for a while,
帮我看着赌场
and you’re in charge of the casino.
– 你升职了 – 忠诚的为你服务
– You’ve been promoted. – Faithful service.
– 薪水会多一些吗? – 不会
– Do I get a raise? – No.
– 明白吗? – 明白
– Fair enough? – Fair enough.
但你会得到利润的百分之五
But you do get five percent of the profits.
我要拿百分之七点五
I’ll take seven and a half.
你真精明 约翰
You’re sharp, Johnny.
我另一个朋友也是
Almost as sharp as my other little friend.
– 但不如此顺从 – 是吗?
– But not quite so obedient. – No?
我这个朋友会为我而杀人
My other little friend would kill for me, Johnny.
这就是朋友的用处
Well, that’s what friends are for.
约翰 敬我们一杯
To us, Johnny.
– 敬我们三个一杯 – 我们三个
– To the three of us. – The three of us.
我当时以为
Makes me laugh now, to think back.
真的只有我们三个
Me, so sure it was just the three of us.
后来才知道
I soon found out, all right.
那天我有点迟了
I remember It was late one afternoon.
当时正在参加周末派对
I was getting ready for the Saturday night crowd.
我竟记得这是什么日子
Funny I’d remember what day it was, isn’t it?
– 不够吗? – 对土包子来说?
– Isn’t it enough? – For a peasant?
法雷先生 芒森先生回来了 他想见你
Mr. Farrell, Mr. Mundson called. Just got back.
他希望你到他家去
He’d like you to come around to his house.
谢谢
Thank you.
毕竟 赌场是我管的
After all, I…I run the place.
他叫我法雷先生 好点了吗?
He calls me Mr. Farrell. Isn’t that better?
本来我该按门铃的
You’d think a bell would have rung.
我该有警觉心
or you do think I’d have had some instinct of warning.
但我没有 我直接走了进去
But I didn’t. I just walked right into it.
巴林?
Ballin?
巴林?
Ballin?
芒森先生马上就下来了
Mrs.Mundson will be down in a moment, Mrs.Farrell.
谢谢 他回来了真好
Thanks. It’s great having him back, isn’t it, Pete?
我希望一切如昔 法雷先生
I hope it will be the same, Mrs.Farrell.
约翰 是你吗?
Johnny. Is that you?
– 巴林 你好 – 上来
– Hello, Ballin. – Come on up here.
你在哭什么呢?
Well, what are you cryin about?
– 我很好 约翰 – 你看来很笨
– I feel great, Johnny. – You look foolish.
– 我来告诉你为什么 – 那个女高音呢?
– I’ll show you why. – Where’s the canary?
– 你怎么知道的? – 知道什么?
– How did you know? – How did I know what?
你不知道?来吧
So you don’t know? Come.
女高音就在这儿
This is where the canary is, Johnny.
在我家里听到女高音很惊讶吧
Quite a surprise to hear a woman singing in my house, hey, Johnny?
真是很惊讶
That’s quite a sur…a surprise.
姬黛 有空吗?
Gilda, are you decent?
我?
Me?
我当然有空
Sure, I’m decent.
这是约翰·法雷
Gilda, this is Johnny Farrell.
约翰 这是姬黛
Johnny, this is Gilda.
约翰·法雷
So this is Johnny Farrell.
久仰大名 法雷先生
I’ve heard a lot about you, Johnny Farrell.
是吗?我从没听过你的事呢
Really? Now, I haven’t heard a word about you.
巴林 为什么?
Tsk, tsk, tsk. Why, Ballin.
我想给他个惊喜
I wanted to keep it as a surprise.
惊喜 给法雷先生吗?
Was it a surprise, Mr. Farrell?
当然 你该看看他的表情
It certainly was. You should have seen his face.
你告诉过他我为何在这儿吗 巴林?
Did you tell him what I’m doing here, Ballin?
这是另一个惊喜
No, I wanted to save that as a surprise too.
听好了 法雷先生
Hang on to your hat, Mr. Farrell.
姬黛是我妻子 约翰
Gilda is my wife, Johnny.
我是巴林·芒森太太
Mrs. Baum Mundson, Mr. Farrell.
– 没问题吧 – 恭喜
– Is that all right? – Congratulations.
你不该恭喜新娘 约翰
You don’t congratulate the bride, Johnny.
而应该恭喜我这个丈夫
You congratulate the husband.
是吗?那该对新娘说什么呢?
Really? Well, what are you supposed to say to the bride?
祝她好运
You wish her good luck.
祝你好运
Good luck.
谢谢 法雷先生
Thank you, Mr. Farrell.
我丈夫说你十分相信运气
My husband tells me you’re a great believer in luck.
我们自己创造运气
We make our own luck, Johnny and I.
我想应该找个时间试试
I’ll have to try that sometime.
不过 还是现在试吧
I’ll try it right now.
叫他今晚和我们一起吃饭吧 巴林
Tell him to come to dinner with us tonight, Ballin.
这是命令
It’s an order.
来吧 约翰
Come along, Johnny.
让姬黛好好打扮一下
Well let Gilda get dressed.
表现出你最动人的一面 我的美人
Look your best, my beautiful.
这是你在赌场第一次露面
This will be the casinos first glimpse of you.
我会精心装扮的 巴林
I’ll look my very best, Ballin.
我会令所有员工都喜欢我
I want all the hired help to approve of me.
很高兴认识你 法雷先生
Glad to have met you, Mr. Farrell.
他叫约翰 吉尔达
His name is Johnny, Gilda.
真抱歉 这个名字很难记
Oh, I’m sorry. Johnny is such a hard name to remember
又很容易忘记
and so easy to forget.
约翰…
Johny.
法雷先生 待会见
There. See you later, Mr. Farrell.
好的 芒森太太
That’s right, Mrs. Mundson.
– 我下去见约翰 – 我会在赌场见他
– I’ll see Johnny downstairs. – I’ll see him at the casino.
不知道她为何不喜欢你 约翰
For some reason, she doesn’t like you, Johnny.
真的 你怎么会这么想?
Really? What makes you think that?
– 我了解她 – 是吗?
– I know my wife. – You do?
她为什么那样敌视你?
Why would she form an instant antagonism like that?
– 也许是化学反应 – 事情很快会过去的
– Maybe its chemical. – She’ll get over it.
当然
Sure.
你何时认识她的?
When did you meet her?
我到内陆去的那天
The day I left for the interior.
– 什么时候结婚的? – 就在那天之后
– When did you get married? – The day after that.
– 真快 – 你应该了解我 约翰
– Quick. – You should know, Johnny.
– 我想得到一件东西时… – 就尽快把它买♥♥下
– When I want something, I… – You buy it quick.
你知道她的身世吗?
Do you know anything about her at all?
这真是太巧合了 约翰 听我说
Its an odd coincidence, Johnny. Listen to this.
她说与我相遇之后 便获得了重生
She told me she was born the night she met me.
我们三个都没有过去 只有未来
All three of us with no pasts, just futures.
– 是不是很有趣? – 我觉得很有意思
– Isn’t that interesting? – I think it’s fascinating.
你怎么回事?
What’s the matter with you?
你说过 女人和赌博不能共存
I thought we agreed that women and gambling didn’t mix.
我老婆可不是普通女人
My wife does not come under the category of “women,”Johnny.
– 我可能弄错了 – 对 别再有下次
– I could have made a mistake. – You did. Don’t make it again.
已经开始了
It starts already.
– 这是什么? – 圆滑地处理
– What’s this? – Tact.
鲍姆 可以像爱人一样
Baum. Would you come up and help me into this thing,
帮帮我吗?
like a darling?
– 赌场见 – 大约一小时后
– See you at the casino.- In about an hour.
巴林
Ballin.
我能做的只能是离开
It was all I could do to walk away.
我真的很想回到她的房♥间打她一顿
I wanted to go back up in that room and hit her.
让我恐惧的是… 我也很想教训他一顿
What scared me was I…I wanted to hit him too.
我很想回去看看
I wanted to go back
他们单独在一起是什么样子

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!