Here you go. How about that, Daisy?
给你 戴西 那个怎样
Yeah, I got it.
好的 我拿好了
That was too heavy for the bag.
东西太重 袋子装不住
No problem. Thank you.
没问题 谢谢
Go ahead, Karen, give it to him. Here you go.
凯伦 把东西给他吧 给你
Well, what is it? It’s a gopher.
这是什么东西 取物夹
So you can reach stuff. You know, it makes things a lot easier.
你可以用来拿东西 会比较方便
This is from me.
这是我送给你的
It’s a phone.
是一部电♥话♥
Oh, I can see that. I just thought…
我知道 我想
Well, we thought that it would make things easier.
我们想这些会让你的生活方便点儿
Well, thank you, Karen.
谢谢你 凯伦
There’s nothing wrong with making things less hard on yourself.
给自己减轻负担 并没什么错
Karen’s right, dad. You’ve worked hard your whole life.
爸爸 凯伦说得对 你这辈子都在努力工作
Maybe it’s time you started thinking about, you know, taking it easier.
或许你应该开始考虑 活得轻松一点
Jeez. That’s another thing, dad.
老天 还有一件事 爸爸
You really should get rid of the coffin nails.
你真该戒烟了
But, I don’t know, we were thinking about the house.
但 不知道 我们在想有关房♥子的事
You know, what with mom gone, it’s gotta be a lot to maintain around here.
因为妈妈去世 这儿有很多东西要修理
Let alone clean.
更不用说清洁了
And, I don’t know, you’re here all alone.
不知道 你一个人独居在此
Yeah, and there are these great places now, you know, these communities…
对 现在有些很棒的地方 在那些社区
…where you don’t have to worry about mowing the lawn or shoveling snow..
你无需担心割草坪或是铲雪
…where the people are like you, active and alert, but are alone…
那儿的人像你一样 机灵活泼 但都独自一人…
…and would benefit from being around folks their own age.
跟年纪相仿的人相伴将会受益匪浅
Yeah, dad, look. you gotta check it out. we’ve brought some brochures.
对的 老爸 你看一下吧 我们带了些宣传册
These places are nothing like what you’d think they’d be.
这些地方跟你想象的相差甚远
They’re great. No, no, beautiful.
那些地方很棒 不 不 很漂亮
They’re really nice. they really are. these are top-notch, like, resorts.
那些地方真的很漂亮 顶尖社区 就像度假胜地
It’s like staying in a hotel practically. They’re beautiful.
简直就像住在酒店一样 很漂亮
They really are. Yeah.
真的很漂亮 对
They take care of everything. they’ll clean up. they’re really nice.
他们包办一切事 他们会打扫 真的很好
They have wonderful stores. you can buy new shoes.
他们有很好的商店 你可以买♥♥新鞋
They’re amazing. they really are. You’d have a good time.
真的棒极了 你会过得很愉快
Play some golf, maybe. Meet other people.
打打高尔夫 也许 认识点朋友
Son of a bitch. kicking us out on his birthday.
狗♥娘♥养♥的 为他庆生却被赶出来
I told you this was a bad idea. I know. you were right.
我告诉过你这是个馊主意 我知道 你说的对
He won’t let anybody help him. Well, we tried. can we just drop it?
他不会让任何人帮他的 我们已经试过了 我们放弃吧
No one can say we didn’t try.
没人可以说我们没试过
The hell with him. you know what we should’ve done?
让他见鬼去吧 你知道我们该干什么吗
We should’ve stayed home with Josh and Ashley.
我们该跟乔什和阿什利待在家里
At least they were smart enough to not come.
至少他们不来是明智之举
Goddamn kids have more sense than we do.
孩子们比我们有先见之明
We miss mama, don’t we, Daisy? Yeah.
戴西 我们想念妈妈了 不是吗 嗯
Hey, Walt.
沃尔特
What are you up to?
在干吗呢
We’re having a barbecue. you wanna come over?
我们在烧烤 你要来吗
What do you think? There’s tons of food.
你认为呢 有很多吃的
Yeah. just keep your hands off my dog.
嗯 别打我狗的主意
No worries. we only eat cats. Really?
别担心 我们只吃猫肉 真的吗
No, I’m kidding, you Moron. come on, you can be my special guest.
不 我开玩笑的 你个傻子 来吧 你是我的特殊嘉宾
No, I’m fine right here.
不去了 我在这儿很好
Son of a bitch. Okay, so, what have you had to eat today?
狗♥娘♥养♥的 好吧 那你今天吃了什么
Oh, I had a piece of cake and a little beef jerky.
我吃了一块蛋糕还吃了一点儿牛肉干
Come on over and get something to eat. we’ve got beer too.
来吧 过去吃点东西 我们也有啤酒
Well, I might as well drink with strangers rather than drink alone.
一个人喝酒还不如跟陌生人喝酒
After all, it is my birthday.
毕竟 今天是我的生日
Really? Happy birthday, Wally. Don’t call me Wally.
真的吗 生日快乐 沃利 别叫我沃利
Well, no pabst, but plenty of beer.
没有蓝带 但啤酒不少
As they say, when in Humong. Ha, ha. hey, what am I doing wrong?
常言道 身处苗裔族群 我做错什么了吗
Every time I look at somebody, they look at the ground.
每次我看着他们 他们就低头看地上
You’re fine.
你很好
What’s she saying? She said welcome to her home.
她说什么 她说欢迎你来寒舍
Oh, no, she’s not. Yeah, no, she didn’t.
不 她不是这个意思 对 她不是这么说的
She hates me. come on. Yeah, she hates you.
她讨厌你 来吧 嗯 她讨厌你
Hey, what are all you fish heads looking at anyway?
你们这些小鱼头都看着我♥干♥吗
I think we should go into the other room. sorry.
咱们还是去别的房♥间吧 对不起
A lot of people in this house are very traditional.
这个房♥子里的很多人都非常传统
Number one, never touch a hmong person on their head, not even a child.
第一 永远不要摸苗人的头 孩子也不行
Hmong people believe that the soul resides on the head, so don’t do that.
苗人认为灵魂寄居在他们头上 所以别碰头
Well, sounds dumb, but fine.
听起来很傻 但还过得去
And a lot of hmong people consider
还有很多苗人认为
Looking someone in the eye to be very rude.
用眼睛盯着别人很不礼貌
That’s why they look away when you look at them.
所以你看着他们的时候 他们会看别的地方
Anything else? Yeah.
还有吗 还有
Some Hmong people tend to smile or grin when they’re yelled at.
当他们大吼的时候 一些苗人往往会微笑或咧嘴笑
It’s a cultural thing. it expresses embarrassment or insecurity.
那是一种文化 表达难堪或是不安
It’s not that they’re laughing at you or anything.
他们不是在嘲笑你或是别的什么
Yeah. god, you people are nuts.
天呐 你们真是疯子
But the food does look good. smells good too.
但食物真是好看又香喷喷啊
Well, of course. it’s hmong food.
当然 是苗族食物
Yeah. okay. can I come back for seconds?
嗯 待会在回来再吃
Here you go. Thanks.
给你 谢谢
You know, you mentioned about looking at people.
你说过看着他人是不礼貌的行为
He’s been staring at me the whole evening. That’s Kor Khue.
他已经盯了我一晚上了 那位是韩奎
He’s the Lor family Shaman.
他是家族巫师
And what’s that, some sort of a witch doctor or something?
那是什么 像是巫师或是诸如此类的吗
Something like that. Yeah. boogabooga.
类似 对啊
Ha, ha. very funny, Wally.
很风趣嘛 沃利
Kor Khue’s interested in you. he heard what you did.
韩奎对你很感兴趣 他听过你的事迹
He would like to read you. it’d be rude not to allow him this.
他要替你算命 不答应他是不礼貌的行为
It’s a great honor.
那是至高无上的荣誉
Yeah, sure, fine by me. sure. All right. take a seat.
当然可以 我无所谓 好的 坐吧
Here?
坐这儿吗
He says that people do not respect you. they don’t even wanna look at you.
他说人们不敬重你 连看都不想看你
He says the way you live, your food has no flavor.
他说你生存的方式 你的食物都毫无味道
You’re worried about your life.
你为生活担忧
You made a mistake in your past life, like a mistake that you did…
在你过去的人生中 你犯了个错误 像是一个你做过…
…you’re not satisfied with.
但你对此并不满意的错误
He says you have no happiness in your life. it’s like you’re not at peace.
他说在你的人生中你没有幸福 你的心态并不平和
Are you all right?
你没事吧
Yeah, I’m…. yeah, I’m fine.
没事 我…我没事
Fine. I’m fine.
没事 我很好
God, I’ve got more in common with these gooks…
天呐 跟我自己的腐♥败♥家族比
…than I do my own spoilt rotten family.
我跟这些东亚人越来越像了
Jesus christ.
我的天呐
Happy birthday.
生日快乐
Are you okay? Yeah. yeah, I’m fine.
你还好吧 嗯…我很好
You were bleeding.
你流血了
No, I bit my tongue. it’s nothing.
没有 咬到舌头罢了 没事
Why don’t we go and get some of that good gook food?
干吗不去吃点东亚美食
You know, I’m starving. Okay.
我饿死了 好的
Fantastic. well, you ladies are wonderful.
棒极了 你们人太好了
This stuff is really good.
这些东西真好吃
Come on, you glutton.
走吧 馋鬼
What’s up? Let’s go.
怎么了 走吧
What for? To Mingle.
去干吗 去鬼混
Mingle? we’re mingling right here.
鬼混 我们正在这儿混呢
Come on. you told me not to leave you alone.
跟我走吧 你说过让我别丢下你的
Thank you very much, but I have to go now. I have to go now.
非常感谢 但我现在得走了…
I’ll be back. now, don’t let anything go away.
我会回来的 别把东西清理掉啊
Oh, great.
很好
Well, well, well. look who’s over there.
看看谁在这儿
Yeah, the kid who stole my Gran Torino. My brother, Thao.
对 偷我老爷车的小家伙 我哥哥 邵
Tried to, anyway. yeah. yeah, Toad.
尽管试试吧 对…癞蛤♥蟆♥
It was a little wobbly, but that should fix it.
有点晃 但应该能修好
So where are you guys from?
你们都打哪儿来的
I’m not far from here. I’m from Texas.
我离这儿不远 我从德克萨斯州来的
What’s this? A little rice liquor. here, try it.
这是什么 一小杯米酒 给 尝尝
All right.
好的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!