敬锡嘴雀
Coccothraustes!
愿此时我们的友谊
May the present promotion of good feeling
悠久长存于这高贵的雀林之中
ever reign predominant among the noble Finches of the Grove.
先生们
Gentlemen…
万岁 万岁
Huzzah! Huzzah!
为雀林干杯
For the Finches of the Grove!
我敢打包票 这些人最是时髦
I am assured that they are the most fashionable people.
相信我
Believe me.
你 新来的 没错 就是你
You there! New boy. Yes, you there.
给我来只松鸡
Partridge.
扔过来
Throw me a partridge.
扔 扔
Come on, come on.
糟糕 他惹上麻烦了
Oh, dear. I don’t think he shall do well here.
你叫皮普 是吧
Pip, isn’t it?
-皮普是吧 -是皮利普
– Er, Pip? – Pirrip.
皮利普
Pirrip?
皮普·皮利普
Pip Pirrip?
好名字
Oh. How remarkable.
你们从哪来
And where are your people from?
-我们 -从肯特来
– My people? – From Kent.
他们是肯特郡的皮利普家族的人
They’re the Kentish Pirrips.
你身上有股苹果味
You sound like some sort of apple.
万岁
Huzzah!
高贵的雀林之鸟们
Noble finches of this grove!
亲爱的 只需一会儿就好
This will just take a moment, my dear.
-他非常热心 -是啊
– He seems very keen. – I’m sure.
韩德尔 这是我的未婚妻 克莱拉
Handel, this is my beloved fiancee, Clara.
-她长得很美吧 -赫伯特 别这样
– Aren’t I the lucky one? – Herbert, please.
很荣幸见到你 上来说吧
So pleased to meet you. Shall we?
这对你来说太贵了 赫伯特
This is far too expensive for you, Herbert.
我们来这干什么
What are we doing here?
给你 先生
There you are, sir.
你觉得怎么样
Well? What do you think?
算我送你们的
It would be at my expense, of course.
你只是个职员 赫伯特·朴凯特
You’re a clerk, Herbert Pocket.
怎么样
Well?
这真是
Well…
快点
Hurry!
我想去会会你那帮奢侈的朋友
I’d like to meet these extravagant Finches of yours.
就定明晚吧
Tomorrow evening.
用不着排场 也不用正装
No ceremony. No dinner dress.
就六点吧
Six o’clock, say?
威米克 给他钱
Give him the money, Wemmick.
好的 先生
Very well, sir.
威米克先生 他是个怎样的人
What shall I make of him, Mr Wemmick?
就一个澳洲人来说
He’s a deep one. Deep.
他非常难以捉摸
As Australia.
别放在心上 皮普先生 工作就是工作
Don’t take it personal, Mr Pip. It’s professional.
工作就是工作
Only professional.
如果你晚上没其安排
I say, if tonight you have nothing better to do,
不妨跟我去趟沃尔沃兹怎么样
why don’t you come home to Walworth with me?
也没什么特别的 就是一座花♥园♥
I don’t have much to show you but there’s a garden
还有几件小玩意
and one or two curiosities.
-这是什么 -看着
– What? – Watch this.
我知道你在想什么
I know what you’re thinking.
感觉就像回到了乡下
It’s like living in the country.
都是我自己做的
All my own doing.
请吧
Please, now…
让我向你介绍下我家人
Let me introduce you to the aged parent.
老爸 你怎么样
Well, Aged P, how are you?
还不错 约翰 我的儿子
All right, John, my boy. All right.
爸 这是皮普
This is Mr Pip, Aged P.
他已经听不见了
Not that he can hear a word I’m saying.
你不介意的话对他点头眨眼就行
Just nod away at him, if you don’t mind. Nod and wink.
-约翰 -点头
– Now, John… – Nod.
-现在 -眨眼 再点头 再来一次
– Now… – And wink. Keep nodding. One more.
时间到了 老爸
Nearly time, Aged P.
你继续点头 我去热拨火棍
You keep nodding, I’ll heat the poker.
咱们下楼 走这边
Down the stairs, that’s right.
约翰 快点
Now, John. Now.
皮普 这光荣的任务交给你了
Mr Pip. Mr Pip, if you’d care to do the honours.
我听到了 我听到了
I heard it! I heard it!
-贾各斯喜欢它吗 -没见过 也没听过
– Does Mr Jaggers admire it? – Never seen it. Never heard of it.
他没见过我父亲 听都没听过
Never seen the Aged. Never heard of him.
一旦回到我的城♥堡♥ 我就不想提贾各斯的事情
When I come into The Castle, I leave Mr Jaggers behind.
如果这不会让你觉得别扭的话
And if it’s not in any way disagreeable to you,
你也先别提他了
you’ll oblige me by doing the same.
我明白了
Of course. I understand.
我给你一个忠告
I will give you one piece of advice, though.
明天跟贾各斯用餐时
When you dine with Mr Jaggers tomorrow,
你盯好他的管家 莫利
you take a look at his housekeeper, Molly.
他的管家 为什么
His housekeeper? Why?
你只管盯着就好
Just take a look at his housekeeper and see,
那是只被驯养的野兽
a wild beast tamed.
先生们 先生们
Now, gentlemen! Gentlemen!
有请慷慨的主人 本特利·朱穆尔
Our generous host, Mr Bentley Drummle.
愿此时我们的友谊
May the present promotion of good feeling
悠久长存于这高贵的雀林之中
ever reign predominant over the Noble Finches of the Grove.
看 本特利 干了 你做得到
See, Bentley, hold you, you could do it.
告诉我 皮普 那个蜘蛛男是谁
Tell me, Pip. Who is the Spider?
那个有疤痕 散漫且阴郁的家伙
That blotchy, sprawly, sulky fellow?
他是本特利·朱穆尔 英格兰最有钱的家伙
That’s Bentley Drummle. The richest young man in England.
-现在呢 -他作用德比郡大部分地方
– Is it now? – He owns most of Derbyshire, apparently.
本特利·朱穆尔 对吧
Bentley Drummle, you say?
前途无量
Most promising.
莫利
Molly.
今晚别让那家伙酒杯空了
Make sure that fellow does not have an empty glass all evening.
使劲
Come on!
我押本特利 我再加五倍
My money’s on Bentley! I raise you five!
侥幸而已
A fluke. Pure chance.
本特利 认输吧
Come, come, Bentley, concede defeat.
皮普赢得你无话可说
Pip beat you fair and square.
我记得雀林这里
I was under the impression
是贵族们的俱乐部
that the Finches was a club for gentlemen.
我的力气怎么能跟个乡巴佬比
I can’t be expected to compete against country boys.
你这话什么意思 朱穆尔
What do you mean, Mr Drummle?
我没有贬低你的意思
No slight, I assure you.
事实上我还要敬你一杯 肯特郡的皮利普
In fact, I salute you, Kentish Pirrip!
你有一双铁匠的胳臂
You have the arms of a blacksmith!
莫利 上酒
Molly, more wine here.
既然谈到了力量
You talk of strength.
就叫你们看看什么叫力量
I’ll show you strength.
给他们看看你的手腕 莫利 快点
Show them your wrists, Molly. Come on.
-主人 不要 -给他们看看
– Master, don’t! – Show them both.
亮出来 亮出来
Show them. Show them.
那是什么
What is that?
这才是力量
There’s power.
很少有男人的力气能比过她
Very few men have the power this woman has.
先生们 来 干一杯
Gentlemen, I propose a toast.
敬你一杯 朱穆尔先生
I drink to you, Mr Drummle.
祝你健康 本特利
To your good health, Bentley!
如果我哪里做得不好 我道歉
I apologise if anything disagreeable…
不 不 没关系
Oh, no, no. That’s all right.
-我觉得那个蜘蛛男还不错 -我不这么想
– I do like that Spider fellow, though. – Do you? I don’t.
不 你是对的
No. No, you’re right, of course.
别和他来往
Stay as clear of him as you can.
但他的确前途无量
He does have great promise, though.
如果我是个算命的 我肯定这么说
Indeed, if I were a fortune teller.
但我不是
But I’m not a fortune teller.
你知道我是干什么的 对吧
You know what I am, don’t you?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!