这可是我的启明星 皮普先生
That’s my guiding star, Mr Pip.
珍惜所有 活在当下
Get hold of portable properly.
我对你没什么可说的了
I have no more to say to you.
贾各斯先生来了
That’s Mr Jaggers now.
我只想管好自己的事 你好 皮普先生
I wish to know no more than I know. Good day, Mr Pip.
-有新消息吗 贾各斯先生 -放开我
– Any more news, Mr Jaggers? – Get your hands off me!
-你付钱给威米克先生了吗 -是的
– Have you paid Mr Wemmick? – Yes.
现在松开我的外套
Now let go of my coat.
我相信您的旅途一定十分愉快
I trust your journey was satisfactory.
贾各斯先生 对我的要求作何感想
Mr Jaggers, have you had any feelings about my claim?
感想 感情
Feelings? Feelings?
我们这里不讲感情
We’ll have no “Feelings” Here.
跟我进来吧 皮普先生
Come on in, Mr Pip.
退后
Move back!
你已经见过威米克先生了
You’ve met Mr Wemmick.
抱歉 先生
Sorry, sir.
他负责财务 你以后一定会经常见到他
He keeps the money, so doubtless you will be seeing a lot of him.
我的老天 这就是你的新衣服吗
Dear Lord, is that your new suit?
看这里
Here.
裁缝 帽商 鞋匠 袜商
Tailor, hatter, bootmaker, hosier.
你很快就能在他们那里积累起信用了
Your credit will be good with all of them.
我已经冒昧的为你报名了一家绅士俱乐部
I’ve taken the liberty of enrolling you in a gentlemen’s club.
雀鸟俱乐部
The Finches of the Grove.
那里能培养你绅士的特质
Just the thing for gentlemen of distinction.
你的生活费 皮普先生
Your allowance, Mr Pip.
我相信你会发觉这不是笔小数目
I trust you will find it generous.
你暂时在伯那德客栈落脚
Your temporary lodgings will be at Barnard’s Inn.
离这里很近 方便我照看你
Quite near here, so I might keep an eye on you.
水来了 先生
There you are, sir.
当我发现你犯错时能阻止你
And pull you up when I find you going wrong.
而且 即使我凡事面面俱到
And, you will go wrong, Mr Pip,
皮普先生 你还是会犯错的
not through any fault of mine.
-皮普先生是吗 -朴凯特先生
– Mr Pip? – Mr Pocket?
万分抱歉 但是我想
I am extremely sorry, but I thought that,
既然来自乡村 你或许想吃点水果
coming from the country, you might like a little fruit.
草莓
– Strawberries! – Oh.
成草莓酱了
Oh. Strawberryjam!
你看过你的房♥间了吗
Mm. Have you seen your lodgings?
-还没有 -算不上是很好
– No. – They’re by no means splendid,
但是我们肯定不会打起来的
but I’m sure that we shan’t come to blows.
把拳头举起来
Put them up.
来啊
Come on.
来啊
Come on.
来啊
Come on.
站直了 按照老规矩
Stand your ground. Regular rules apply.
你说什么
I beg your pardon?
鬼鬼祟祟的小男孩
The prowling boy.
面色苍白的小绅士
The pale young gentleman.
那次我是和莎拉阿姨一起受试去的
I was there with my Aunt Sarah on a trial visit.
郝薇香小姐说想看我表演
Miss Havisham fancied that she wanted to see me play.
显然她并不是很喜欢我
Clearly she didn’t take much of a fancy to me.
她的品味不高 但也还算好
Poor taste on her part. But just as well.
此外 我还差点向艾丝泰娜 那话怎么说来着
Otherwise, I might have been what-dlyou-called it to Estella.
订婚 许婚
Affianced. Betrothed.
立下婚约
Engaged.
但是 看来是没可能了
But, it was not to be.
很遗憾
I’m very sorry.
遗憾
Sorry?
这女孩就是个野蛮人
The girl’s a Tartar.
冷酷 傲慢 谢谢
Hard and haughty and… Thank you.
任性到了极点
Capricious to the last degree.
郝薇香小姐带大她是来报复所有男人的
Brought up by Miss Havisham to wreak revenge on all the male sex.
她为什么要报复
Why should she wreak revenge?
老天 皮普先生 你不知道吗
Lord, Mr Pip. Don’t you know?
郝薇香很富有也很高贵
Miss Havisham was very rich and very proud,
是个娇生惯养的孩子
a spoilt child.
母亲在她小时候就过世了
Her mother died when she was young
之后她的父亲续了弦
and her father married again.
和他的厨师结婚 你敢相信吗
His cook, would you believe?
还生了个儿子 叫亚瑟
And they had a son, Arthur.
那人 怎么说呢 这不太合法
Who was… How might I put this? Not entirely legitimate.
恕我打断一下
At this point,
先生 在伦敦
I might break off and mention
大家都不会用刀子送食物进嘴里
that in London it’s not the custom to put the knife in the mouth,
怕割伤
for fear of accidents.
抱歉
Sorry.
而且叉子也不该攥着 该拿着
And also the fork is not generally used underhand but over.
-当然 当然 -你不会介意吧
– Of course. Of course. – Do you mind?
没事 非常感谢
No, not at all. I’m grateful.
T的音要发出来 皮普先生
Er… T’s, Mr Pip.
要发出T的音
You are grateful.
谢谢 抱歉
Grateful. Sorry.
然后
Now, um…
郝薇香小姐看上了一个男人
Miss Havisham meta certain man
她深情并热烈的爱着那个男人
and she loved this man, devotedly, passionately.
崇拜着他
Idolised him.
很快他们就订婚了
And soon they were engaged.
他劝她用巨资买♥♥下她同父异母的弟弟
He persuaded her to buy her half-brother’s share of the brewery
占的啤酒厂股份
at an immense price,
这样一旦他们结婚
so that when he was her husband,
一切资产就由他操控了
he could hold and manage it all.
婚礼那天到了
The happy day arrived.
婚纱买♥♥好了 蜜月计划也订好了
The wedding dresses were bought, the wedding tour planned out.
客人们收到了邀请 我父母也在其中
The wedding guests were invited, my parents among them.
宴会都备齐了
The feast was laid out.
还准备了新婚蛋糕
A great bride cake made.
这时她收到了新郎的信
And the groom wrote her a letter.
是她弟弟亚瑟把信给她的
And she received the letter from her brother, Arthur…
就在婚礼上吗
As she was dressing for marriage?
在差20分钟
At 20…
差20分钟到9点的时候
20 minutes to nine.
没错 那些钟停的时间
Of course. Ah those stopped clocks.
这是新郎和她弟弟设的骗局
It was a conspiracy between the groom and her brother,
骗取她的心和钱
to defraud Miss Havisham and break her heart.

No!
骗局非常成功
And, in that they most surely succeeded.
赫伯特 你是做什么营生的
So, Herbert, what’s your line of business?
商贸
Well, trade.
这是个很赚钱的行当
That’s where the money is.
未来 我要去埃及买♥♥卖♥♥香料和丝绸
In the future, I shall trade to Egypt for silks and spices.
去锡兰买♥♥卖♥♥象牙
Ceylon for elephant tusks.
现在呢
But for now?
现在 我只是个账房♥职员
But for now, I am a clerk in a counting house,
连跟爱人结婚的钱都付不起
with a sweetheart whom I can’t afford to marry.
-职员的待遇好吗 -不好
– Is there profit in being a clerk? – No.
一点都不好
None whatsoever.
一文不值
Not a penny.
你知道吗 我不太喜欢皮普这个名字
You know, I don’t much care for the name Mr Pip.
跟你说说我喜欢的
I’ll tell you what I should like.
咱俩相处的这么好
Seeing as we are so harmonious
你还做过铁匠
and you have been a blacksmith,
你觉得我称呼你韩德尔怎么样
would you mind Handel for a familiar name?
悦耳的打铁声 由韩德尔演奏
The Harmonious Blacksmith. It’s by Handel.
-你介意吗 -我喜欢极了
– Do you mind? – I would like it very much.
太好了
Good!
作为这雀林里的红腹灰雀
As Bullfinch of this Grove,
以最尊贵的苍头燕雀之名
and in the name of the most honoured Chaffinch…
-敬在座各雀 -敬金丝雀
– Fringilliae! -Goldfinch!
敬金翅雀
Carduelis!
还有蜡嘴雀
And Hawfinch!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!