要表现得举止得宜
and let your conduct be a
让人相信你家教良好
credit as to those which brought you up by hand.
-看 钟停了 -别管什么钟了
– Look, the clock’s stopped. – Never mind the clock…
-贵姓 -潘波趣
– What name? – Pumblechook.
没错
Quite right.
你想见到郝薇香小姐吗
Do you wish to see Miss Havisham?
-不知能否得郝薇香青睐 -不能
– If Miss Havisham wishes to see me! – She don’t.
来吧 孩子
Come along, boy.
过来
Boy!
你害怕吗
Are you frightened?
我不知道
I don’t know.
进去吧
Go in, then.
小姐 您先请
After you, miss.
谁来了
Who is it?
是皮普 夫人
Pip, ma’am.
皮普
Pip?
潘波趣家的孩子 过来玩的
Pumblechook’s boy, come to, play.
是啊
Yes.
站近一点
Come nearer.
让我看看你
Let me look at you.
看着我
Look at me!
你对一位从你出生起
You’re not afraid of a woman
就未见天日的女人 丝毫不感到害怕吗
who’s never seen the sun since you were born?
我不怕 夫人
No, ma’am.
那就离我近点
Then come closer.
有时我有些病态的幻想
Now, I sometimes have sick fancies.
这病态幻想就是想看到别人玩耍
And,I have a sick fancy that I want to see some play.
所以 玩吧
So play.
快点 开始玩
Go on, play.
玩吧
Play.
-你是沉闷固执的人吗 -我不是 夫人
– Are you sullen and obstinate? – No, ma’am!
抱歉让您失望了 我不会玩
I am very sorry for you and sorry that I can’t play.
但如果您对我不满的话 家姐会和我为难
But if you complain of me I will get into trouble with my sister,
所以我会尽量哄您开心 但我对这里还不熟悉
so I would play if I could, but it’s just so new here.
我把艾丝泰娜叫来 艾丝泰娜
Call Estella! Estella!
艾丝泰娜
Estella!
宝贝 放你一天假 好好利用
Your own one day, my dear, and you will use it well.
现在 让我看你跟他玩纸牌
Now. Let me see you play cards with him.
但他只是普通劳动人♥民♥出身
But he’s a common labouring boy.
那么你可以让他心碎
You can break his heart.
你会玩什么 孩子
What do you play, boy?
我只会玩”抢邻居” 小姐
Nothing but, “Beggar My Neighbour”, miss.
那就
So…
抢得他一无所有
Beggar him.
-方片J -J
– The jack of diamonds. – “Jack”!
这男孩管纸牌杰克叫J
He calls the knaves “Jack”, this boy.
看他的手多粗糙
And what coarse hands he has,
还有这笨重的靴子
and what thick boots.
他就是个愚蠢笨拙的童工
He’s nothing but a stupid, clumsy labouring boy.
你觉得她怎么样
What do you think of her?
你对她都没有评价
You say nothing of her.
我不想说
I don’t like to say.
来悄悄告诉我
Whisper in my ear.
你怎么想的
What do you think?
我觉得她很傲慢
I think she is very proud.
还有呢
Anything else?
我觉得
I think…
我觉得她很漂亮
I think she is very pretty.
还有吗
Anything else?
我觉得她爱侮辱人
I think she is very insulting.
我想要回家了
I think I should like to go home.
什么
What?
永不再见她吗
And never see her again?
我想 我愿意再见到她
I think I’d like to see her again.
你可以见到她
Then you shall.
能见到她
Then you shall.
但你什么时候再来这里呢
But when, when shall I have you here again?
今天是星期三
Today is Wednesday.
你星期三 四 五都别过来了
No Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays here,
这周都别过来了 今年都别来了
no days of the week, no weeks of the year.
不 六天后再过来吧
No… Come again after six nights.
艾丝泰娜 带他下楼
Estella, take him down.
让他吃饭
Feed him.
耶♥和♥华♥谓 谓
“And the Lord said unto… Unto…
谓艾伦
“unto Aaron,
汝并汝子 及汝族人
“Thou and thy sons and thy father’s house…”
天啊 你们在闹什么
Good gracious, what is going on?
够了 都停下
Enough! Enough, I say!
皮普 回座位
Back to your form, Pip.
现在 咱们齐读
Now, let us read together.
别吵闹
Quietly.
耶♥和♥华♥
“And the Lord said
谓艾伦
“Unto Aaron…
汝并汝子
“Thou and thy sons…”
不知你是否能教我
I wonder if you might teach me.
教你什么呢 皮普
Teach you what, Pip?
一切
Everything…
我想学会一切知识
I want to know everything.
一切知识
Everything?
上帝啊 那可得学好久才行
Goodness, that might take a little time.
皮普 为什么要学呢
Pip, whatever for?
你知道这宅子叫什么吗
Do you know the name of the house, boy?
叫沙提斯庄园
It is Satis House.
那是希腊语还是拉丁语
Is that Greek or Latin?
不知是希腊语 拉丁语 还是希伯来语 意思是”足够”
Greek or Latin or Hebrew or all three, for “Enough”.
足够之家 这名字真怪
Enough House. That’s a curious name.
快点跟上
Don’t loiter!
这名字的意思是 无论谁得到这宅子
It meant, when it was given, that whoever had this house
都将心满意足
would want for nothing else.
他们一定很容易满足
They must have been easily satisfied.
就是他 他就是那个男孩吗
Is this him? Is this the boy?
-与诸位无关 -所有这些
– None of your business. – Of all the…
她今天会见我们吗 我们等了好久
Will she see us today? We have been waiting!
-等了一早晨了 -足足等了一早晨
– Waiting all morning! – Waiting all morning!
-我们只是想帮忙 -希望略尽绵薄之力
– We only wish to help. – We only wish to help.
他们是郝薇香小姐的穷亲戚
Miss Havishams poor relations.
她说他们是秃鹫
She calls them her vultures.
-小贱♥人♥ -别理他们
– The little bitch. – Ignore them.
-他们也是你的亲戚吗 -当然不是
– So are they your relations too? – Certainly not.
我无亲无故
I have no relations.
-郝薇香小姐难道不是你的 -什么
– Then Miss Havisham is not your… – Well?
-小姐 -我漂亮吗
– Miss? – Am I pretty?
是的 你很漂亮
Yes. You are very pretty.
我爱侮辱人吗
Am I insulting?

No.
起码比上次好多了
Not so much as last time.
你为什么不哭
Why don’t you cry?
因为我不想哭
Because I don’t want to.
是谁来了
Whom have we here?
你就是那个男孩 对吗
So you’re the boy, are you?
我常和男孩子打交道
I have a pretty large experience of boys,
你算是上不得台面的那种人
and you’re a bad set of fellows.
规矩点
Behave yourself.
你去舞厅里等着
You’re to wait here in the ballroom.
你猜这是什么
What do you think it is?
蛋糕
A cake.
是结婚蛋糕
A bride’s cake.
我的结婚蛋糕
Mine!
扶着我 跟我走走
Take my hand, walk with me.
今天是我的生日
Today is my birthday.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!