怎么这么说
How so?
口供已经放你桌上了
Sworn statements on your desk.
怎么 你认为我不想跟他们面谈吗
What, you didn’t think I’d want to interview them myself?
只是想帮你一把
Just trying to give you a leg up.
谢了 我还是喜欢自己做调查工作
Thanks. I sort of like to do my own detective work.
让我告诉你吧
I’ll tell you what.
去看看那些口供
Read the statements.
若你仍想盘问 我乐意向指挥官提出请求
If you still wanna question them, I will be glad to take the request to my c.o.
或许你误解我了
Perhaps you misunderstood me.
这不是一个请求 我要他所在部队的所有人名单
It’s not a request. I want the list of the men in his unit.
-在你桌上 -我今天下午要审问他们
-On your desk. -And I wanna interview them this afternoon.
那你要到我的指挥官那里申请
You’ll have to go to my C.O. With that one.
-我上司已经跟他说过了 -这有点越权了吧
-My chief already spoke to him. -This one’s a bit of a jurisdictional mess.
没有 这件谋杀案在我们的管辖权之内
There is no mess. The murder was committed in our jurisdiction.
在你们管辖权内变得混乱 去看看吧
That’s where it gets murky. read those.
我乐意提出请求
I’d be glad to put the request in.
-你不是都有口供了吗 -我是有了
-You don’t have the sworn statements? -I have the statements…
那他们合作 我觉得没问题
Then they’re cooperating. I don’t see the problem.
我有权利审问目击证人
I have a right to interview potential witnesses.
-军方说你没权了吗 -他们说考虑我的请求
-Has the Army said you can’t? -They said they’d consider my request.
那是十分钟之前的事啊
And that was 10 minutes ago.
在他们被教导对好口供之前
And I’d like to talk to these men before they’ve been coached…
我想跟他们谈谈 否则汇报会有出入
or debriefed so any inconsistencies in their stories will have disappeared.
作为一名退伍军人 想你一定很清楚
Being a former military man, I’m sure you’ve seen that…
比如你在科可兰德中尉手下服役时
perhaps when you served with lieutenant kirklander?
让我告诉你吧
I’ll tell you what.
向你男朋友哭诉去吧
Skip upstairs and cry to your boyfriend.
因为我没心情听你废话
Because I’m just not in the mood to give a shit.
我们现在播放的是刚从费卢杰发到CNN的录像
We’re showing video that has just come in to CNN from Fallujah.
你点餐了吗
You ordered yet?
好的 开动吧
Okay. dig in, men.
-我来吧 -麻烦你了
-May I? -Please.
-好了 出去吧 -不 我可以的
-Okay. Out. -No, I can do it.
我知道你可以 不过现在快去睡觉吧
You can. Now get ready for bed. go on.
有什么我能帮忙的吗
Is there anything I can do?
你应该读给我听的
You’re supposed to read it to me.
我看不懂这些
I don’t understand one word of it.
那你有其他故事吗
Well, do you know any stories?
我不是一个会讲故事的人
I’m not much of a storyteller.
那你讲这本书的故事吧
Well, then read me the book.
你知道你名字的来历吗
You know where your name comes from?
-我妈妈起的 -不是 比那还早
-My mother? -No, before that.
你的名字以大卫国王命名 你妈妈没告诉你吗
You’re named after king David. Your mother didn’t tell you that?
怪不得
That figures.
好吧
All right.
从前有两只精英军队 以色列军队和腓力斯军队
There were two great armies assembled, the israelites and the philistines.
两队人聚集在山上 双方被伊拉谷分隔开
They were both up on hills, the valley of elah in between.
这发生在巴勒斯坦 你知道是什么地方吗
It’s in palestine, you know where it is?
-不知道 -没关系
-No. -Doesn’t matter.
腓力斯军队有一个斗士
Anyway, the philistines had a champion.
他是一个巨人
A huge giant…
名字叫歌♥利亚
named Goliath.
真的 有个机器人也叫歌♥利亚
Really? there’s a robot named Goliath.
不是同一个人
This is a different guy.
连续四十天 他每天
So every day, for 40 days…
走到山谷向对方挑战
Goliath would stride down into the valley…
但是没有人愿意应战
and challenge somebody from the other side to fight, but nobody would.
国王旗下最勇猛的战士们都很害怕
All the bravest and strongest warriors that the king had were all too scared.
-为什么他们不用枪 -他们以前没有枪
-Why didn’t they just shoot him? -They didn’t have guns.
他们有箭 但是战斗是有规矩的
They had arrows, but there are rules to combat.
如果挑战者用剑挑战 你不能用射的
You don’t shoot somebody that’s challenging you to fight with a sword.
无论如何
So anyway…
有一天一个送面包的小男孩 跟你差不多大
one day this kid, not much bigger than you, comes delivering bread.
跟国王说”让我跟歌♥利亚打吧”
He says to the king, “i’ll fight Goliath.”
-真的吗 不可能 -是真的
-Really? No way. -True story.
然后国王让大卫穿上自己的盔甲
So the king dresses David in his own armor.
但盔甲太笨重了
But it’s much too big and heavy,
大卫把它脱掉 然后搜寻四周
so David takes it off and he looks around…
找到五颗平滑的石子 有这么大
and he finds five smooth stones about that big.
然后他手持弹弓 走到山谷
And he steps out into the valley, with his slingshot in his hand.
歌♥利亚向着他跑来
Goliath comes running…
发出恐怖的叫声
yelling this horrible scream.
然后大卫用弹弓投出石子
And David lets fly with that slingshot.
击中巨人的额头 使他头骨裂开
Hits him in the forehead, cracks his skull open…
巨人倒地死亡
Goliath falls down, dead.
那还是算射了
So he shot him.
用石子射 和枪不一样
With a rock. not the same thing.
-你想知道他是怎么样打败巨人的吗 -怎么样
-And you want to know how he beat him? -How?
首先他要克服自己的恐惧
The first thing David had to fight was his own fear.
然后才能打败巨人
He beat that, he beat Goliath.
因为巨人向他跑来时
Because when Goliath came running,
他站稳脚跟 瞄准目标 等待时机
David planted his feet, took aim and waited.
你知道这需要多大勇气吗
You know how much courage that took?
巨人再走几步就有可能把他粉碎
Just a few more steps and Goliath would’ve crushed him.
就在那时他投出那石子
Then he let fly with that rock.
这就是打败怪物的方法
That’s how you fight monsters.
引诱他们靠近你 死死地盯着他们
You lure them in close to you, you look them in the eye…
然后把他们击垮
you smack them down.
你打败过很多怪物吗
You fight a lot of monsters?
是的
Yeah.
你赢了
You win?
如果没赢 我可能已经粉身碎骨了 对吗
If I didn’t, I’d have been crushed, right?
对啊
Yeah.
好了
Okay, then.
晚安
Good night.
他喜欢开着门睡觉
He likes to sleep with that door open.
他不会有事的
He’ll be okay.
把门打开
Door!
-不用开那么大 -好的
-Not that much. -Okay.
可以了
That’s good.
你知道那个故事不是真的
You know that story isn’t true.
当然是真的
Of course it’s true.
伊♥斯♥兰♥教古♥兰♥经♥中有记载
It’s even in the koran.
-我可以看那些人的口供吗 -没什么有用的信息
-May I read the men’s statements? -There is nothing in them that’ll help.
他们最后一次见迈克是星期六下午
The last time any of the men saw Mike was Saturday afternoon,
他离开基地以前
before he left base.
你真是个好父亲
You’re a good father.
你无须证明你对他的爱
You don’t have to prove you loved him.
我相信他肯定知道
I’m sure he knew.
爸爸
Dad?
爸爸
Daddy?
出事了 爸爸
Something happened, dad.
这是美军在费鲁加进行所谓的
It’s the second day of what the U.S. military…
“新曙光”行动的第二天
is now calling the “New Dawn” in Fallujah.
这次行动在于粉碎美军据点的叛乱分子
The operation is aimed at crushing the insurgents in their strongholds.
但那究竟有多少叛乱分子呢
But how many insurgents are still there?
我们在前线直击报道
We’ll go live to the front lines in a moment.
你好
Hi.
依维 那间酒吧的
Evie, from the bar.
“小姐”
“Madam”?
我记起了
Yeah.
不好意思
I’m sorry.
你好
Hello.
我在报纸上看到你儿子的相片
I saw the picture of your son in the paper.
那时你来酒吧 我以为他只是失踪了
When you came in, I thought he was just missing.
很抱歉
I’m sorry.
谢谢你
Thank you.
可以给我看看吗
May I?
好漂亮的眼睛
Nice eyes.
他 我记得
Him I remember.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
前一篇文章画廊外的天赋
下一篇文章热天午后
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!