…A fortunate man.
…一个幸运的人
Again. A little wit…
再读一遍 一个小智慧…
A little wit…
一个小智慧…
…will serve…
…必侍奉…
…A fortunate man.
…一个幸运的人
Burns!
伯恩斯
I will not have you before me in that attitude.
在我的课上不准不认真听讲
All rise.
全体起立
I see you are mortifying this girl’s flesh.
我看你正打算磨炼这姑娘的肉体
Sir, she was not…
先生 她不…
It is your mission to render her contrite and self-denying.
让她醒悟并自我批评是你的使命
Continue.
继续
The new girl.
那个新来的姑娘
This is the pedestal of infamy,
这是恶行的根基
and you will remain upon it all day long.
你得在这凳子上站一整天
You will have neither food nor drink,
不准吃饭喝水
for you must learn how barren is the life of a sinner.
你得明白罪人应过怎样的生活
Children, I exhort you to shun her, exclude her,
孩子们 奉劝你们离她远点 排斥她
shut her out from this day forth.
从今天起与她隔绝
Withhold the hand of friendship
不要将友谊之手伸向她
and deny your love to Jane Eyre,
也不要将爱赋予简·爱
the liar.
这个骗子
How do you bear being struck?
你是怎么忍♥下挨打的
Miss Scatcherd hits me to improve me.
斯盖奇德小姐打我是为了我好
She’s tormented by my faults.
她因我的错误而苦恼
If she hit me, I’d get that birch
要是她打我 我就夺下那树棍
and break it under her nose.
当着她的面掰断它
She’d find another soon enough.
她很快就能再找一根
My father used to preach that life’s too short
我父亲总是说人生苦短
to spend in nursing animosity.
不要满心怨恨
At my aunt’s house, I was solitary and despised.
在我舅妈家 我很孤独 没人看得起我
She thought I could do without one bit of love or kindness.
她觉得对我不该有一点爱和仁慈
You are loved.
你活在爱中
There’s an invisible world all around you,
有个无形的世界一直围绕着你
a kingdom of spirits commissioned to guard you, Jane.
一个精神的王国正在保护你 简
Do you not see them?
你能看到吗
Jane?

Have you something for me to do?
有什么能帮忙的吗
You’re doing something already.
继续做你的事就好
May I see?
我能看看吗
These are wonderful.
画得太棒了
St. John…
圣约翰
No, Mary, please…
别 玛丽 别…
See how skilled Jane is.
看看简的画功吧
Is this how you perceive me, Miss Elliott?
艾略特小姐 这是我在你眼中的样子吗
Well. How fierce I am.
看来我很凶嘛
Jane.

You’re freezing. Your little feet are bare.
你冷了吧 你还光着脚呢
Come into bed and cover yourself.
上♥床♥ 盖上被子暖暖
How are you?
你怎样了
I’m happy, Jane.
我很幸福 简
I’m going home.
我要回家了
Back to your father?
回你父亲身边吗
I’m going to God.
上帝身边
Don’t be sad.
不要悲伤
You have a passion for living, Jane.
你有一份对生活的热爱 简
And one day you’ll come to the region of bliss.
你也终将来到极乐世界
Don’t leave me.
别离开我
I like to have you near.
我喜欢你陪着我
I will not leave you.
我不会离开你的
No one shall take me from you.
谁也别想让我离开你
Helen!
海伦
Helen!
海伦
Mr. Rivers? I wondered
李维斯先生 请问
if you had yet heard of any work I could do.
您打听到我可以做的工作了吗
I found you a situation some time ago,
不久前有一个岗位
but I’ve delayed telling you
但我一直没告诉你
because the work is lowly and I fear you’ll scorn it.
因为太过卑微 怕你不屑于做
I shan’t mind what I do.
我不介意工作的性质
When I took over the parish two years ago,
两年前我接管这个教区时
it had no school.
这里没有学校
I opened one for boys.
我开办了一所男子学校
I now intend to open one for girls.
现在打算办一所女子学校
The schoolmistress will have a cottage paid for by benefactors
女教师能得到教友捐赠的一间小屋
and she’ll receive 15 a year.
年薪十五元
You can see how humble, how ignoble it is.
是份身份卑微也不体面的工作
Mr. Rivers, thank you.
李维斯先生 谢谢你
I accept.
我接受
With all my heart.
全心全意去做
But you comprehend me?
你理解我的意思吗
‘Tis a village school, cottagers’ daughters.
乡村学校 乡下女孩
What will you do with all your fine accomplishments?
即使你有百般技艺又如何能发挥呢
I will save them till they’re wanted. They will keep.
我会保留到她们想学为止 不会忘记的
Jane.

You will be quite alone here.
你在这会感到很孤独的
I’m not afraid of solitude.
我不怕孤独
This is my first home where I am neither dependent
这是我第一个不用依靠和服从别人的地方
nor subordinate to anyone.
真正意义上的家
Thank you, Mr. St. John.
谢谢您 圣约翰先生
It is small and plain, as I told you.
陋室一间 我说过的
Then it’ll suit me very well.
于我再合适不过了
Safe journey, Miss Eyre. Godspeed.
一路平安 爱小姐 祝成功
Goodbye, Miss Eyre.
再见 爱小姐
Safe journey. Thank you.
一路顺风 谢谢你们
Bye, Miss Eyre.
再见 爱小姐
Girls!
姑娘们
Goodbye.
再见
Thornfield, Miss.
到桑菲尔德了 小姐
Wait here, Miss.
稍等一下 小姐
How do you do, my dear?
你好吗 亲爱的
Are you Mrs. Fairfax? Indeed I am.
您是费尔法克斯夫人吗 没错
What a tedious journey you must have had.
那么久的路程一定很沉闷吧
Your hands must be frozen. Here.
手肯定冻僵了 来
Goodness. How young you are.
天哪 你真年轻
I’m quite experienced, I can assure you.
我经验丰富 向您保证
Of course you are. I’m sure we’re very lucky to have you.
肯定的 你能来是我们的福气
Leah, would you ask Martha to bring a little hot port
莉 请让玛莎拿一点热葡萄酒
and cut a sandwich or two?
和一两块三明治来 好吗
Draw nearer the fire.
离壁炉近点
John is taking your trunk up to your room.
约翰把你的行李拿到你的房♥间了
I’ve put you at the back of the house, I hope you don’t mind.
我把你安置在后面的房♥子了 你别介意
The rooms at the front have much finer furniture,
前面的房♥间里虽然有很多高档家具
but they’re so gloomy and solitary, I think.
但我觉得它们看来阴暗孤寂
I’m glad you’re come.
你能来我真是太高兴了
To be sure, this is a grand old house,
的确 这是一栋雄伟的老宅
but I must confess that
但我不得不承认
in winter one can feel a little dreary and alone.
冬天时会有些孤寂冷清
Leah’s a very nice girl,
莉是个善良的女孩
and John and Martha are good people, too,
约翰和玛莎也都是好人
but they are servants.
但他们都是仆人
One cannot talk to them on terms of equality.
和他们谈话时要顾及身份
Am I meeting Miss Fairfax tonight?
我今晚会见到费尔法克斯小姐吗
Who?

Miss Fairfax, my pupil?
费尔法克斯小姐 我的学生
Oh, you mean Miss Varens,
你是说维纶斯小姐吧
Mr. Rochester’s ward.
罗切斯特先生是监护人
She’s to be your pupil.
她是你的学生
Who’s Mr. Rochester?
谁是罗切斯特先生
Why, the owner of Thornfield.
你不知道吗 桑菲尔德的主人
Mr. Edward Fairfax Rochester.
全名是爱德华·费尔法克斯·罗切斯特

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!