I am well.
我很好
What have you been doing while I’ve been away?
我不在的时候你都做些什么
Teaching Adèle.
给阿黛拉上课
You’re depressed.
你很憔悴
What’s the meaning of this?
怎么回事
Your eyes are full…
你眼里满是…
What is it?
什么事
There’s a gentleman to see you, sir.
有位先生想见你 主人
From Spanish Town, Jamaica.
说是来自西班牙的辖地 牙买♥♥加
And indeed I think he does come from some hot place
我想他的确是从南方来的
because he won’t take off his coat.
因为他不愿意脱下外套
Mr. Richard Mason.
理查·梅森先生
I’ve put him in the morning room.
我让他在晨室等
Have I done wrong?
这样可以吗
Bring him to my study.
带他去我书房♥
Jane, this is a blow.
简 天有不测风云
If I were to go to those people
要是我以后面对那些人的时候
and they looked at me coldly and sneered,
他们都冷眼旁观 冷嘲热讽
and then left me one by one,
一个个离开我
what would you do? Would you go with them?
你会怎么办 会和他们一样吗
No, sir. I’d stay with you.
不会 先生 我会站在你这边
You’d dare condemnation for my sake?
你会为我甘受千夫指吗
For the sake of any friend who deserved it.
为了任何一个值得我这样做的朋友 我都愿意
Richard.
理查
Fairfax.
费尔法克斯
How the devil are you?
你这混♥蛋♥还好吧
Splendid.
太棒了
I’m sorry. I see you have guests.
对不起 你有客人在
‘Tis no trouble. Come.
没关系 来吧
What on earth was that?
究竟是什么东西
Where is Rochester? Wait for me.
罗切斯特在哪里 等着我
I’m here. Be composed.
我在这儿 冷静
A servant has had a nightmare, that’s all.
有个仆人做了噩梦而已
I must see you back into your rooms
大家快回去吧
because until the house is settled,
屋里安静下来
she can’t be properly looked after.
她才能好好休息
Is there anything I might do?
我能帮上什么忙吗
Miss Ingram, ladies, please,
英格拉姆小姐 还有各位女士们
return to your nests like the doves that you are.
快回到你们舒适的房♥间去吧
I assure you, all is well.
我向你们保证 一切正常
LORD INGRAM: Noisy old house.
老房♥子真麻烦
Come, my lily flower.
来 我的小百合
I told you it was nothing.
我说了什么事都没有
Please.
请吧
Come with me.
跟我来
Can you clean this?
你能清理一下吗
Yes.
可以
Drink, Richard. It will give you the strength you lack.
喝点水 理查 补充点体力
Will it hurt me? Drink!
会疼吗 喝吧
I must go for the doctor.
我得去找医生
Sponge the blood away when it returns.
出血了就用海绵擦一下
Give him water if he wants it.
他渴了就给他水喝
Do not speak to him for any reason.
无论如何都不要和他说话
And, Richard,
还有 理查
on pain of death, do not speak to her.
你都要疼死了 别和她说话
How does he?
他怎么了
He is sleeping.
他睡了
Hurry, Carter. Be on alert.
快点 卡特 动作快点
The sun will soon rise and he must be gone.
很快就天亮了 他得离开这儿
Let’s have a look, shall we?
让我先看看
Flesh is torn as well as cut.
有撕裂和割伤
Very, very unpleasant.
情况相当不乐观
Fairfax. Drive!
费尔法克斯 出发
It’s a strange night you’ve passed.
你度过了一个奇怪的夜晚
Yes, sir.
是的 先生
You showed no fear.
你看起来不害怕
I was afraid of the inner room.
我怕的是那间密室
You were in no danger.
你很安全
Mr. Rochester, who did that violence?
罗切斯特先生 到底是谁这么凶残
I cannot tell you.
我不能告诉你
Why do you protect them?
为什么你要袒护他们
I drag through life a capital error.
我背负着一个影响一生的致命错误
Its consequence blights my existence.
我日夜为它的阴霾所笼罩着
For years, I’ve sought to escape it.
这么多年来 我试图摆脱它
This spring, I came home heart-sore and soul-withered.
春天我回来的时候 心痛难耐 形容枯槁
And I met a gentle stranger
后来我遇到了一个善良的陌生人
whose society revives me.
陪伴我渡过难关
With her, I feel I could live again
和她在一起 我仿佛得到了再生
in a higher, purer way.
感觉更加高尚 更加纯洁
Tell me,
告诉我
am I justified in overleaping
我是不是有充分的理由
an obstacle of custom to attain her?
去跨越障碍 获取她的芳心
There is an obstacle?
有什么障碍吗
A mere conventional impediment.
不过是因循守旧的礼教而已
But what can it be?
那又有什么关系
If you cherish an affection, sir,
要是你正视自己的感情 先生
then fortune alone cannot impede you.
那财富的差距不足以阻挠你
Yes.
没错
And if the lady is of noble stock
只要那位女士也出身贵族
and has indicated that she may reciprocate…
并且她有会回应你的情意的迹象
Jane, of whom do you think I speak?
简 你以为我在说谁
Of Miss Ingram.
在说英格拉姆小姐
I’m asking what Jane Eyre would do
我是在问 为了我的幸福
to secure my happiness?
简·爱愿意做些什么
I would do anything for you, sir.
我愿为你付出一切 先生
Anything that was right.
只要初衷正确
You transfix me quite.
你这么说 让我很惊讶
I feel I can speak to you now
我想我现在可以和你说说
of my lovely one,
我的爱人了
for you’ve met her and you know her.
既然你已经见过她 了解她
She’s a rare one, isn’t she?
她世间罕有 不是吗
Fresh and healthy,
清新 自然
without soil or taint.
一尘不染
I’m sure she’ll regenerate me with a vengeance.
我想她一定能令我焕然一新
You look ridiculous.
你这样子真荒唐
This game is ridiculous.
这个游戏真搞笑
Excuse me, sir.
打扰了 先生
Does that creeping creature want you?
那个怪物在叫你吗
Excuse me.
失陪
This is from my old nurse, Bessie.
这是我的老保姆贝茜来的信
She says my cousin John Reed is dead.
她说我的表兄约翰·里德去世了
He squandered his fortune and has committed suicide.
他将家产挥霍一空 然后自杀
The news has so shocked my aunt,
这个消息让我的舅妈大受打击
it’s brought on a stroke.
导致中风
What, the aunt who cast you out?
你是说把你赶出家门的那个舅妈吗
She’s been asking for me.
她让我回去
I parted from her badly
我们分别时很不愉快
and I can’t neglect her wishes now.
现在我不能逆她的意
Promise me you won’t stay long.
答应我你很快回来
Mr. Rochester, I’ve had no wages.
罗切斯特先生 我还没拿到工资
I need funds for my journey.
我需要旅费
How much do I owe you?
我欠你多少钱
Thirty pounds.
三十镑
Here’s 50.
给你五十
That’s too much.
这太多了
Take your wages, Jane.
拿着吧 简
I cannot.
我不能
Then I only have 10.
那我只有十镑的
Now you owe me.
现在是你欠我
Indeed I do.
没错

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!