这是那艘拍电影的船吗
Say, is this the moving-picture ship?
冒险号♥ 是啊
The Venture? Yeah.
您也要去这次疯狂的远航
Are you going on this crazy voyage?
怎么疯狂了
What’s crazy about it?
我不清楚
I don’t know.
但每个人都在谈论操控
But everybody is talking about
这船只的狂人
that crazy fella running it.
卡尔·丹汉姆
Carl Denham?
嗯 应该是他
Guess that’s the name.
他不惧怕任何事
He ain’t scared of nothing.
如果他想给狮子拍照
If he wants a picture of lion
他也会走上去
he just goes up to him
叫狮子对着镜头保持笑容
and tells him to look pleasant.
他可是个硬汉
He’s a tough egg.
但为何所有讨论都说
Why all this talk about
这次远航是疯狂的
this voyage being crazy?
码头上所有人都在谈论
Everybody around the docks is talking about
这艘船所盛载的货物
the cargo, for one thing.
其次
And
我从没有见过如此尺寸的船
I never did see a ship this size
载了如此数量的船员
with such a crew.
不够人手操控船只吗
Not enough men to handle her?
还不够
Not enough!
已经超出船只所需的3倍了
Three times more than the ship needs.
我看不出有足够的房♥间用来休息
I don’t see where they’re gonna have room enough to sleep.
嘿 下面 你想干什么
Hey, down there. What do you want?
丹汉姆 在船上
Denham aboard?
你是谁啊
Who are you?
我的名字叫做韦斯顿
My name is Weston,
是个艺人经理人
the theatrical agent.
好的 你为什么不说呢
Well, why didn’t you say so?
到船上来吧
Come on aboard.
丹汉姆已经疯了
Denham’s getting wild.
我希望你能给他
I hope you’ve
带来一些好的消息
got some good news for him.
丹汉姆先生
Well, Mr. Denham,
你知道我尽快赶来的原因吧
you know the reasons for hurrying as well as I do.
保险公♥司♥发现我们在运送炸♥药♥
Insurance company found out we’re carrying explosives.
执法官员明天会来
Marshal will be aboard tomorrow or next day.
如果我们要打官司的话
If we make a legal case of it,
这次旅程恐怕要延期好几个月
we’ll be tied up for months?
这些炸♥药♥多到足以将港口炸沉
With enough ammunition to blow up the harbor.
你认为那执法人员会对你
What do you think the marshal will say
这些新购毒气弹有什么看法
to these new gas bombs of yours?
据你所说
According to you,
这里任何一颗毒气弹
one of them is
都足够令一头大象昏倒
enough to knock out an elephant.
我们必须赶在雨季开始之前
We’ve got to get where we’re going
到达我们想去的地方
before the monsoon starts.
交托给我吧
Trust me to
我们会在暴风雨中再见的
see you through a blow.
噢 不用生气 船长
Oh, now, don’t get sore, skipper.
你不能在雨季去
You can’t run into the rainy season
拍室外电影
when you’re trying to make an outdoor picture.
时间和金钱都被浪费了
Months wasted, money gone
却什么也没有拍出来
and nothing to show.
但你却总能带回电影制成品
Still you always bring back a picture.
所以每个人都说
And everybody says,
世上只有一个卡尔·丹汉姆
“There’s only one Carl Denham.”
韦斯顿
Weston,
我正准备上岸去给你打电♥话♥
I was just going ashore to call you.
如果我知道 我就等了
If I’d known that, I would have waited.
这个是船长 韦斯顿
This is the skipper. Weston,
艺人经纪
the theatrical agent.
这是我最得力的助手德理斯卡尔
I guess you met Driscoll, the first mate.
好的 韦斯顿
Well, Weston,
那个女孩怎么样了
how about the girl?
做不来了 丹汉姆
It can’t be done, Denham.
什么
What?
必须搞定 好吧 韦斯顿
It’s got to be done. Now, look here, Weston.
他们老是干涉我想雇用的
Somebody’s interfered with
每个女孩
every girl I try to hire.
现在这个镇上所有的经纪人
Now all the agents in town
都要阻止我
have shut down on me.
所有的 除了你
All but you.
你知道我是正直的
You know I’m square.
每个人都知道你是
Everybody knows you’re square.
但是你出了名鲁莽兼且不顾后果
But you’ve got a reputation for recklessness
这个是掩饰不了的
that can’t be glossed over.
加上你永远秘密行事
Then you’re so secretive.
你说对了
You said it.
甚至船长和助手
Even skipper and mate
都不知道你要去哪里
don’t know where they’re going, what.
正是 我是有良心的
There you are. I’ve got a conscience,
丹汉姆
Denham.
我不能给你一个年轻貌美的女孩
I can’t send a pretty girl such
去做像这样的工作
as you ask on a job like this
而不告诉她要去预期什么
without telling her what to expect.
她预期什么
What is she to expect?
随着一场旅行消失了
To go off on a trip
没有人知道多长时间
for no one knows how long
去什么地方
to some spot
你甚至没有任何暗示
you don’t even hint at
船上唯一的女人
the only woman on a ship
跟着这些我生平见过
with the toughest mugs
最强壮的老粗
I ever looked at.
我是指全体船员
I mean the crew.
我的主
Good Lord, you talk as
就像我从未带着活人回来一样
if I never brought anybody back alive.
船长和德理斯卡尔已经
The skipper and Driscoll have
跟着我进行了两次旅行
stuck to me on two trips.
他们看起来非常好
They look well enough.
是啊 我们很健康
Sure, we’re healthy.
但是这和将一个女孩
But it’s a different thing
带到危险当中是不同的
taking a girl into danger.
我想在纽约就没有危险了是吧
I suppose there’s no danger in New York.
听着
Listen,
在这个镇上有许多的女孩
there are dozens of girls in this town
比让她们和我在一起更加危险
that are in more danger than they are with me.
是啊 但在纽约
Yeah, but they know
至少她们了解那种危险
that kind of danger.
你从没有让任何一个女人
You never had a woman
参演过你的影片
in any of your pictures.
你为什么想要一个呢
Why do you want one?
我的天
Holy mackerel!
你不是认为我会随便
Do you think I wanna
在附近拉个女人吧
haul a woman around?
-那为什么 -因为公众
-Then why? -Because the public, bless them
一定要有漂亮的脸蛋
must have a pretty face.
当然 所有人都喜欢浪漫
Sure, everybody likes romance.
为何世上没有一出冒险
Isn’t there any romance
或者爱情片
or adventure
是没有年轻女子参演的
without having a flapper in it?
丹汉姆先生
Well, Mr. Denham,
你为什么不在男修道院里
why not take a picture
拍电影呢
in a monastery?
这使我心痛 我奔波在外
Makes me sore. I go out,
努力苦干去做一部好的电影
sweat blood to make a swell picture
然而影评人和展览者都会说
then the critics and the exhibitors all say:
如果这部电影有爱情戏
“If this picture had love interest,

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
前一篇文章内布拉斯加
下一篇文章浅坟
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!