听着
Listen,
有一艘坐满了岛上土著的
a canoe full of natives
独木舟给刮到大海
from this island was blown to sea.
当挪威船长救起他们的时候
When the bark picked them,
只剩下一个生还者
there was one alive.
而那土著在他们到达码头之前
He died before they reached port,
就死了
not before the skipper
但他在死前向船长描述了
had a description of the island
那个岛的情况和位置
and got an idea of where it lies.
你从什么地方弄到的
Where did you get it?
新加坡 两年前
Singapore, two years ago.
船长知道我会感兴趣的
Skipper knew I’d be interested.
他相信吗
Does he believe it?
我不知道 但我信
I don’t know. But I do.
这就是孤岛的地图
Here. Here’s what the island looks like.
那里有个长形 铺满沙的半岛
There’s a long, sandy peninsula.
是唯一可能的登陆地点
The only possible landing place is
要到达就要穿过这些暗礁
through this reef.
其余的海岸线都是百尺高的
Rest of shoreline’s sheer precipice,
悬崖峭壁
hundreds of feet high.
而在半岛大本营的对面
And across the base of the peninsula,
将半岛
cutting it off
从岛上其余部份分隔开的
from the rest of the island,
是一堵墙
is a wall.
一堵墙
A wall?
很久以前建造的
Built long ago.
住在那里的人们
People who lived there
退化了
slipped back,
忘记了是高度文明建造了那里
forgotten the high civilization that built it.
那堵墙就像几个世纪以前
That wall is as strong today
那么坚固
as it was centuries ago.
当地人一直对它进行维修
The natives keep that wall in repair.
-他们需要它 -为什么
-They need it. -Why?
在墙的另一侧有些东西
There’s something on the other side of it.
一些他们惧怕的东西
Something they fear.
一个敌对的部落
A hostile tribe.
你们听说过金刚吗
Did you ever hear of Kong?
听说过
Why, yes.
是些土著的迷信吗
Some native superstition, isn’t it?
上帝 幽灵或者其他的东西
A god or a spirit or something.
总之 既不是动物
Well, anyway, neither beast
亦不是人类
nor man
而是巨大的 恐怖的
something monstrous,
全能的东西
all-powerful.
仍然活着
Still living
仍然以死亡的恐惧
still holding that island
支配着那个岛
in a grip of deadly fear.
每个传说都事出有因
Well, every legend has a basis of truth.
我告诉你
I tell you,
那岛上有些东西是
there’s something on that island
没有白人见过的
that no white man has ever seen.
你打算给他摄像
And you expect to photograph it?
如果有的话 你放心
If it’s there, you bet
我一定会拍
I’ll photograph it.
你有没有想过
Suppose it doesn’t like
假如他不喜欢被拍照
having its picture taken?
那你现在知道我为什么带
Well, now you know why I brought along
这么多的毒气弹了吧
those cases of gas bombs.

Oh,
你穿上了美女与野兽的服装
you’ve put on a beauty-and-beast costume, eh?
真是太漂亮了
It’s the prettiest.
好的 就站在那边
All right. Just stand right over there.
我有少许紧张
I’m sort of nervous.
担心我会不上相
Suppose I don’t photograph well?
你不必担心那些
You don’t have to worry about that.
如果我对你没有信心
If I hadn’t been sure
我就不会带着你绕遍整个世界了
I wouldn’t have brought you around the world.
我要做什么
What will I do?
我们从侧影开始
Well, we start with the profile.
我开始卷动菲林时
When I start cranking
等一会 然后慢慢的转向我
why, hold it a minute, and then turn slowly toward me.
你看见我 露出微笑
You see me. You smile a little,
然后倾听
then you listen.
然后大笑 就可以了
Then you laugh. All right.
摄像机
Camera.
看起来有一些傻 是吗
Looks kind of silly, don’t it?
漂亮的女人
Pretty dame, huh?
也许他会喜欢给我拍戏
You think maybe he like to take my picture?
拍戏很费钱
Them cameras cost money.
你不该奢望他会冒这个险
Shouldn’t think he’d risk it.
好的 安
Now, that’s fine, Ann.
我们现在再通过滤镜拍一组
Now we’ll try one with a filter, eh?
你一直以来都自己拍电影吗
Do you always take the pictures yourself?
自从一次我去非洲旅行
Ever since a trip I made to Africa.
我本可给那只暴走中的犀牛
I’d have got a swell picture
拍一出绝佳的片子
of a charging rhino
可是摄影师被吓坏了
but the cameraman got scared.
那可恶的蠢材
The darned fool.
我有来♥福♥枪♥的啊
I was right there with a rifle.
似乎他不相信我会
Seems he didn’t trust me to
快犀牛一步射杀它
get the rhino before it got him.
自此之后
I haven’t fooled
我就不再跟那些摄影师浪费时间
with a cameramen since.
选择亲自♥拍♥摄了
I do it myself.
他很疯狂是吗 船长
Think he’s crazy, skipper?
只是很热情而已
Just enthusiastic.
安 现在你往下看
Ann, in this one you’re looking down.
当我开始卷动的时候
When I start to crank,
你慢慢抬起头来
you look up slowly.
你心情很平静
You’re quite calm.
没有预料会遇见任何事情
You don’t expect to see a thing.
然后你就依照我的指导 好吗
Then you just follow my directions. All right?
摄像机 把头抬起来安
Camera. Look up slowly, Ann.
就是这样 你什么也没看到
That’s it. You don’t see anything.
现在看高些
Now look higher
再高些
still higher.
现在你看到它了 你很吃惊
Now you see it. You’re amazed.
你不能相信 眼睛睁大
You can’t believe it. Your eyes open wider.
这太可怕了 安
It’s horrible, Ann,
但是你没法转移你的视线
but you can’t look away.
没有机会了 安
There’s no chance for you, Ann,
不可能逃掉了
no escape.
你很无助 安 很无助
You’re helpless, Ann, helpless.
只有一线生机 如果你能尖叫
There’s just one chance, if you can scream
但是你喊不出来
but your throat’s paralyzed.
努力尖叫 安 努力
Try to scream, Ann, try.
也许你不看着它 你就能尖叫
Perhaps if you didn’t see it, you could scream.
用胳膊挡住你的视线
Throw your arm across your eyes and scream.
拚命尖叫
Scream for your life.
究竟他认为我们将会
What’s he think she’s
遇见什么恐怖怪物
really gonna see?
雾真大
This infernal fog.
确定这方向正确吗
Sure of your position,
船长
skipper?
当然 昨晚在雾遮蔽视野之前
Last night before this fog shut down,
我已经看好了
I got a good sight.
我们应该接近那个岛了
We should be near the island.
如果当雾消散的时候
If we don’t see it
我们仍未能看见孤岛
when this fog lifts,
那就证明它并不存在
we never will.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
前一篇文章内布拉斯加
下一篇文章浅坟
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!