Bye. – Good luck.
电♥话♥又响了
( cellphone ringing ) – There’s your phone again.
( both chuckle )
喂?
Hello?
是的
Yes.
借过
Harvey: Sorry. I’m sorry.
借过
Sorry.

Hi.
借过
Sorry.
一想到要待在跑道附近的旅馆里 我真是烦透了
The thought of staying at a hotel near the runway unnerved me.
( chuckles )
你介意吗? – 不
Do you mind? – No no no.
请让一下
Excuse me.
你好吗? – 很好
How are you? – I’m fine.
你跑来的
You ran.
你要是在四节后的那个车厢上就好了
Well, I wish you’d been on the car four cars down.
那么…
So…
你没事吧? – 我很好
You okay? – Yes, I’m fine.
我们这是去哪? – 帕丁顿
Where we going? – Um, Paddington.

Oh.
到出租车候车处了
So, here’s the taxi rank.
又该说再见了
I suppose it’s bye-bye again.

Oh. ( chuckles )
他们可以载你到任何旅馆
They’ll take you to wherever you want to go– any hotel.
不用我陪你走去上课的地方吗?
You mean instead of me walking you to your class?
帮你拿书 算额外奉送
Carry your books. I’ll throw that in.
当然可以
Sure.
那你同意了?
Is that a “yes”?
是的
Yes.
当然
Why not?
这样的话 我们得…
In which case, we um– we have to go–
调头往这边走
we have to go back this way.
我可以把这些东西先存一下吗?
You mind if I just drop these off?
当然可以
Sure.
( laughs )
就像是 “Honeychurch 你的国家很伟大”
It’s like “Yours is a glorious country, Honeychurch!”
知道吗? 一本书里的对话 “看得见风景的房♥间”
Know that? Line from a book. “Room with a View.”
哦 E.M. Forster写的
Ah. E.M. Forster.
是的 读过吗? – 没
Mm-hmm. Have you read it? – No.
( laughs )
这下就鄙视我了? – 才没有
Do you think less of me? – No no, not at all.
只是… 我觉得我们很不同
It’s just– I think we’re just very different.
可能吧
Probably.
这样不好吗? – 挺好
Is that bad? – No.
我也觉得好
I don’t think so either.
等一下 对不起
( cellphone ringing ) – Hang on. Sorry.
不好意思 我得接一下 – 接吧
Oh, sorry. I should get this. – Go ahead.
嗨 妈妈? 嗨
Hello, Mum? Hello.
对不起 我一直很忙
Sorry. I’ve been busy.
是的
Yeah.
不 我在外面
No. I’m out, actually.
是的 和别人在一起
Yes yes, with someone.
不 是和另一个
No, with someone else.
是的 男的
Yes, a man.
哦 你看了是吧?
Oh, you did, did you?
什么? 真是尸体?
What, an actual body?
好吧 听着
Okay, listen.
我明天一大早就过去
Listen, I’ll come in early tomorrow morning,
我们一起去看个究竟 好吗?
and we’ll check it out together, all right?
好的
All right. All right.
拜拜
Bye-bye. Bye.
我也爱你 拜拜
Yeah, I love you, too. Bye. Bye.
对不起 是我母亲 – 她担心你?
Sorry. My mum. – She worries about you?
是啊
Mm-hmm. Yeah.
其实是担心她自己
Well, about herself, actually.
她确信自己隔壁住着
She’s convinced she’s living next to Poland’s answer to,
我不知道… 波兰版开膛手杰克 – 哦
I don’t know, Jack the Ripper. – Oh.
你和她一起住?
Do you live with her?
当然不是
Oh no. No no no. God, no.
只是住得近
( laughs ) – Near, not with.
她没事 是出于好意
She’s all right. She means well.
她只是经历坎坷
She just had a really rough ride of it is all.
怎么讲?
Why?
我父亲和秘书去法国逍遥了
Oh, well, my dad ran off to France with his secretary,
大概四年前 她得了癌症 但已经痊愈了
and then, about four years ago, she got cancer, but she’s completely recovered.
她没事了 她只是不想承认
She’s fine. She just doesn’t want to admit it.
你知道的
You know.
所以…
So…
我觉得 她就是觉得无聊吧
she’s bored is what I think it is,
她的状况呢 也造成了我现在的状况
so she’s made my situation,
她称之为”单身” 也是她最大的牵挂
which is what she calls me “being single,” her major distraction.
整天念叨着 简直就成了爱好
It’s like a sort of hobby for her, if you like.
我明白了
I see.
对不起
Sorry.
怎么了? – 不 我只是…
What? – No. I was just–
我说的太多了 – 不 没有
I was just talking too much. – No no, you’re not.
我有啊 – 不 你没有
No, I am. – No, you’re not.
不多说了 我到了 我在这上课
Anyway, we’re here. This is my class.
你上多久?
( sighs ) So, how long is your class?
一个小时
An hour.
我… 我可以等你
I can– I can wait.
天变冷了 你不会真等吧?
Well, it’s getting cold. You don’t want to wait, do you?
没那么冷
Not that cold.
( clock chiming )
好吧
Okay.
保重
Careful.
我可能会误会哦
I might get the wrong impression.
( doorbell rings )
( doorbell rings )
上的怎么样?
So, uh, how did it go?
老样子
Well, the usual.
和蔼可亲的Mike给我们讲了
Lovely, mild-mannered Mike gave us the latest installment
他的性心理恐怖小说的最新部分
from his psychosexual thriller.
他都86岁了
He’s 86.
要继续走吗?
Shall we keep walking?
好吧
Okay.
今天天气不错
It’s nice. It’s nice today.
你希望过一种完全不同的生活吗? 哪怕一天也好?
Do you ever wish you could just live a different life just for a day
看看会是什么样子
just to see what it would be like?
你觉得要是你 会是什么样?
Do you have an idea what yours would be?
要是我?
Mine?
我觉得肯定是在西班牙…
I think it would take place in Spain– definitely–
内陆的一间小屋里
in a little house, inland.
你会做什么? – 写书
And what would you do? – Write a book.
不是”米德镇的春天”那种书
I mean, you know, not “Middlemarch” or anything.
乔治·艾略特写的 – 是的 读过吗?
George Eliot. – Yeah. Have you read it?

No.
你的书…
So, your book–
就是那种 旅途中读读 作为消遣的书
Would be just a really good holiday read,
比如在沙滩上啊 飞机上啊
you know, for the beach or a plane.
我倒是有这种设想
I’ve got one of those inside me.
你住的那房♥子… – 小屋
And this house that you’d live in– – Cabana.
小屋 – 是的 继续说
Cabana. – Yeah. Please.
对不起… 你写作的地方
Sorry– that you’d write in,
能看风景吗?
would it have a view?
能 望出去就是平原
Yes, across the plains,
四周溪水流淌 可以泡澡
with a little stream running around it to bathe in.
泡澡? – 是的
Bathe in? – Mm-hmm.
没有淋浴? – 没有
No showers? – No.
有乡土气息
Rustic.
好吧 我会适应的
Okay okay okay. I’ll adjust.
你要是迎客的话 我就去
I’m there, only if you’re receiving guests, that is.
当然
Sure.
你可以来 Harvey Shine
You may visit, Harvey Shine.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!